View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Cheers from my dock in the Muskoka's.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141010_182056_hdr.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141010_182348_hdr.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141010_182311_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:49 PM
    It's all anecdotal, but this PP has been and is still getting some rather positive reviews

Review: BlackBerry Passport

So overall, can we recommend the BlackBerry Passport? The answer is yes, but with some significant caveats. We think it’s generally a good idea to get some physical hands-on time with a smartphone before making a purchase, but this is something that’s more important than ever with the Passport – you may well pick up the device and find that it’s simply too wide to be practical.

That said, if you can get past the out-there form factor and less expansive app selection, then the handset has a lot going for it. Its physical keyboard shows the company continuing to defy the industry trend, and offers an accurate and satisfying experience. While the square display might be poorly suited to viewing video content, it’s great for web browsing and messaging. Overall, we can’t say that the Passport is the right device for you, but we can say that it has enough interesting ideas to make it well worth a look.
    BlackBerry Passport: The phone your jacket pocket has been waiting for | ZDNet

The right phone for your pocket?

There's a lot to admire about the BlackBerry Passport, most all of its unremitting focus on the needs of a particular audience, and BlackBerry's willingness to try some new things. I like that the Passport is different, but that doesn't necessarily make it better, and I don't think that even the nice ideas embodied in that capacitive physical keyboard will herald the return of Qwerty.

Still, if you're part of the specific audience targeted by the Passport and already a fan of BlackBerry, then you'll find a lot to love in this handset. But despite some standout features in the massive battery life and the elegant messaging hub, the weight, size and shape will make it a step too far for most.
    Here's hoping that BlackBerry presses ahead and continues to innovate with its devices.

That's the way to go: be creative, be bold and be recognized for your edginess...
    10-10-14 05:54 PM
    Cheers from my dock in the Muskoka's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_182311_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1420 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	304968
    Wow, CJ, outstanding pics! Cheers!
    10-10-14 05:56 PM
    So after assuring them that my PP has not arrived I get this...

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We have contacted the shipper on your behalf for detailed information
    about your order. You should be contacted back within 72 hours with
    further information about your shipping status. We appreciate your
    patience.

Sincerely,
    Annalizette D.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: 28677039

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:55 PM
    Whoa.....!
    No. It's W Hoa. LoL
    sidhuk and W Hoa like this.
    10-10-14 07:36 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving Hose Heads....

Eazzy Peazzy
    10-10-14 08:58 PM
    No. It's W Hoa. LoL
    LoL. Hahahaha

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-10-14 10:51 PM

Eazzy Peazzy

Take off, eh?

The more we hear about these massive hacking campaigns, the more I want to see BlackBerry create an operating system of their own.
    Teaming up with a major IT supplier, and taking QNX to the next level. Perhaps use Chromebook hardware to save costs.
    We all saw that very early vintage demo of QNX OS looking very Windows, but running from a single 1.44Mb floppy!
    I can imagine BlackBerry being the first to reverse the bloatware trend that has run out of control. Imagine an entire OS, and all required apps being able to back up to one CD. Merging the phone hardware with a QNX TAT enabled desktop...

The door is wide open for BlackBerry to make a move.

Oh yeah, almost forgot another naughty bit. The reason for my whole rant:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/10/k...get+(Engadget)

Happy thanksgiving crew!
    10-11-14 02:37 AM
    Oh, and if at first you don't succeed...

... You make a tablet that is sure to fail:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/10/b...get+(Engadget)
    10-11-14 02:44 AM
    Take off, eh?

The more we hear about these massive hacking campaigns, the more I want to see BlackBerry create an operating system of their own.
    Teaming up with a major IT supplier, and taking QNX to the next level. Perhaps use Chromebook hardware to save costs.
    We all saw that very early vintage demo of QNX OS looking very Windows, but running from a single 1.44Mb floppy!
    I can imagine BlackBerry being the first to reverse the bloatware trend that has run out of control. Imagine an entire OS, and all required apps being able to back up to one CD. Merging the phone hardware with a QNX TAT enabled desktop...

The door is wide open for BlackBerry to make a move.

Oh yeah, almost forgot another naughty bit. The reason for my whole rant:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/10/k...get+(Engadget)

Happy thanksgiving crew!
    I suggested BlackBerry create a QNX based on as well. But just for servers that hold the data. Not for public sale.

The negative is that if someone DOES hack a BlackBerry server then their rep for phones would also go down.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:52 AM

Eazzy Peazzy
    Shanerredflag and La Emperor like this.
    10-11-14 06:43 AM
    Barneys River, Nova Scotia. October 10, 2014

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141010_133351.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141010_133336.jpg
    10-11-14 06:56 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2554...ore-affordable

theRock1975, jxnb and JLagoon like this.
    10-11-14 09:08 AM
    Incase anyone from toronto, ontario area and is with Telus. The Telus store at markville mall gets shipments daily and have them instock

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:59 AM
    Just did a search for BlackBerry Passport in southern Ontario Kijiji for todays ads. These are just the 'want to trade' ads

Trade my note 3 in excellent condition for a BlackBerry passport.

Only week old one plus one in white color. Mint with box. Willing to trade for blackberry passport.

I got here a Samsung S5 in great condition, bought in mid June 2014. I am looking to trade it with a Blackberry Passport

Wanted: Trading Iphone 5s new +$100 for brand new Blackberry Passport

NEXUS 5 (32 GB) + Moto 360 for trade with Blackberry Passport

Trade iPhone 6 64 gb space grey on bell for BB passport

.......................and it goes on.
    Some are willing to part with their Passport:

BRAND NEW NEVER USED BLACKBERRY PASSPORT, GETTING IT FROM ROGERS TOMORROW, SEALED IN BOX WITH FULL YEAR WARRANTY, $1050.00 NEGOTIABLE

Kijiji: Free Classifieds in Ontario. Find a job, buy a car, find a house or apartment, furniture, appliances and more!
    10-11-14 02:42 PM
    I suggested BlackBerry create a QNX based on as well. But just for servers that hold the data. Not for public sale.

The negative is that if someone DOES hack a BlackBerry server then their rep for phones would also go down.

Posted via CB10
    But would that happen if everything from the ground up was QNX?
    If that is the case, get ready for the world to collapse, as everything from medical to nuclear power plants are based on QNX.
    But I suppose that anything is possible.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 10-11-14 at 03:34 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-11-14 03:22 PM
    Wow! Check out the red numbers from the competition :

Attachment 305197
    10-11-14 03:38 PM
    So sell their strategic advantage so that all other device manufacturers can make stuff just as secure???? Screw that!!!!! Their security is essentially what's kept them in the corporate and gov sectors these past few years.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:44 PM
    So sell their strategic advantage so that all other device manufacturers can make stuff just as secure???? Screw that!!!!! Their security is essentially what's kept them in the corporate and gov sectors these past few years.

Posted via CB10
    I think they should open up and become a royalty receiver. The existing patent portfolio is paid for. It's 100% margin on every dollar they receive. Imagine if Apple and Google and Microsoft decide to pay up? It'll make Samsung's $1B to Microsoft look small.

$1B to BlackBerry annually is $2 EPS. That's waaaay more than they make on their hardware business.

This would help with the image that they are struggling.

$2 EPS from royalties (conservative)
    $1 EPS from Bes licenses(2015)
    $0.20 EPS from BBM ($100m-2015)
    $2 EPS from awesome hardware like Z30 and passport.
    $1 EPS from QNX car, medical, iot.

Like Chen said(and me): BlackBerry has Assets worth a fortune that are not monetized properly.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 04:26 PM
    I'd like to add something.

Blackberry had a downward spiral. The PlayBook write down, the media bashing came, the shorts came - made matters worse, the attention to the falling stock price etc.. had a cascading effect.

I think Chen is headed for the reversal, like a sling shot. A cascading effect to the upside. 350 new hires, positive cashflow, positive media, higher stock price, short squeeze, more attention to the healthy stock price..

I believe new technology and licensing division should open up and start selling NOW!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 04:37 PM
    So heads up on Apple launching "something big" this week, according to MacRumours. Sounds like it has mainly to do with the Yosemite X OS. Who wants to bet it will be another copy of what others' are already doing?

Also, looks like Apples' plan to dominate the fast-pay method will be slower to adopt than they hoped:

Many Retailers Hesitant About Offering Support for Apple Pay

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/10/...out-apple-pay/
    theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    10-11-14 05:04 PM
    Bit off topic, but what are the rumours again regarding new devices in 2015? Was there any hint of a Z10/Z30 upgrade coming any time soonish?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:50 PM
    Bit off topic, but what are the rumours again regarding new devices in 2015? Was there any hint of a Z10/Z30 upgrade coming any time soonish?

Posted via CB10
    Not really rumours. Chen said he will show off two devices in March. One may be the hidden QWERTY device that BlackBerry applied for a patent for, another is a Passport 2.0 that Chen mentioned (possibly smaller) and there has been a long rumoured all-touch 5+ inch Z50 expected

We also have the Z3 LTE expected to show up soon

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:07 PM
    Taken by passport.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141011_185009.jpg

10-11-14 07:09 PM
    I think they should open up and become a royalty receiver. The existing patent portfolio is paid for. It's 100% margin on every dollar they receive. Imagine if Apple and Google and Microsoft decide to pay up? It'll make Samsung's $1B to Microsoft look small.

$1B to BlackBerry annually is $2 EPS. That's waaaay more than they make on their hardware business.

This would help with the image that they are struggling.

$2 EPS from royalties (conservative)
    $1 EPS from Bes licenses(2015)
    $0.20 EPS from BBM ($100m-2015)
    $2 EPS from awesome hardware like Z30 and passport.
    $1 EPS from QNX car, medical, iot.

Like Chen said(and me): BlackBerry has Assets worth a fortune that are not monetized properly.

Posted via CB10
    You're thinking too short term. Maybe once they are a major player again, but right now they shouldn't sell their major competitive advantage.

If ios and android had same encryption as BlackBerry what would encourage govs and major corps, worried about security, to stay with BlackBerry????

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:10 PM
113,256 ... 29132914291529162917 ...