View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone know if the convertible has any restrictions still or are they now free to convert above 10 at will?

Posted via CB10
    No restrictions on the convertible debentures. They are free to convert at any time.

BB10 4 ME
    10-09-14 07:37 AM
    No restrictions on the convertible debentures. They are free to convert at any time.

BB10 4 ME
    Thanks. So once converted that portion of the debt disappears, and should be able to be tracked on the balance sheet, correct? Did anyone notice anything in this last q? Some of the holders (e.g. Fairfax) already have shares they could just sell so it wouldn't show up in that case...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:11 AM
    Thanks. So once converted that portion of the debt disappears, and should be able to be tracked on the balance sheet, correct? Did anyone notice anything in this last q? Some of the holders (e.g. Fairfax) already have shares they could just sell so it wouldn't show up in that case...

Posted via CB10
    The debentures would convert to new shares, so they would show up there. The debentures pay interest (6%, I think), so there is no incentive to convert them anytime soon.

BB10 4 ME
    10-09-14 08:21 AM
    The debentures would convert to new shares, so they would show up there. The debentures pay interest (6%, I think), so there is no incentive to convert them anytime soon.

BB10 4 ME
    Completely depends on the share price and internal risk assumptions. A dollar in the pocket today is better than 60 cents at the end of the year.. But in many cases the holder will 'sell' by shorting and still holding the convertible to maturity risk free. They sacrifice the upside though, and this wouldn't show up anywhere but the short numbers. I think this is part of the resistance above 10 but can't figure out how much.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:30 AM
    Got this message last night. Still no sign of my passport even though my credit card was charged on Saturday. They claim you don't pay until it is shipped...
    I think BlackBerry will need to find a new online store. (duplicate first line is how it shows up) ...

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Your concern is a known issue, we show that the BlackBerry Passport -
    Black (US/Canada) is settled and completed.

However, we can't verify if your order was shipped or in transit.

We have submitted a ticket and escalated this matter to the proper
    department.

Please expect an email within 2-3 business for the resolution.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Angelo R.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: 28677039

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:58 AM
    Please expect an email within 2-3 business for the resolution.

Posted via CB10
    ...within 2-3 business... they must be expanding
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-09-14 09:05 AM
    Wow... we're taking a big hit here... BB is down to 10... hasn't gotten that low for a while.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:25 AM
    Wow... we're taking a big hit here... BB is down to 10... hasn't gotten that low for a while.

Posted via CB10
    Was lower yesterday.
    10-09-14 09:43 AM
    Why is this happening? Very frustrating

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:02 AM
    OT:

When Apple sours: The case of an iPhone supplier’s bankruptcy

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...rticle20980050

The financial implosion of Apple Inc. supplier GT Advanced Technologies Inc this week offers a dramatic illustration of how the iPhone maker can put the screws to suppliers willing to take a short-term risk for future riches.

GT Advanced has offered little explanation as to what prompted its surprise bankruptcy filing on Monday. The company also did not respond to requests for comment.

Analysts and industry insiders, however, attribute GT Advanced’s apparent cash-flow problems to the unfavourable terms of a deal with Apple that involved building an expensive Arizona factory to make scratch-resistant sapphire glass exclusively for the Cupertino-based company, but which Apple was under no obligation to buy.

Seemingly lopsided deals are common among companies vying to supply components for the hundreds of millions of iPhones and iPads that Apple sells each year.

Being tapped by Apple is often Silicon Valley’s equivalent of the mythical Midas Touch as it multiplies a supplier’s revenues and makes its technology more desirable to other potential customers.

But the risks of being involved in the next iPhone can eclipse the rewards.

Looking to potentially switch from Corning’s Gorilla glass to sapphire covers on its iPhones, Apple spoke with several manufacturers who balked at the terms it was offering before it settled on GT, according to a person familiar with the matter, who declined to be named as they were not authorised to speak to the media.

One manufacturer that met with Apple walked away from the potential deal after considering the possibility that Apple would insist on even lower prices in the future, which would squeeze margins, the person said.

Under the terms of the supply deal eventually struck with GT Advanced in November, Apple said it would provide GT Advanced a prepayment of about $578-million to help bankroll the Arizona factory, which would then be paid back to Apple over five years starting 2015.

The lump sum would be paid in instalments contingent on GT meeting unspecified operational targets.

Apple’s arrangement to help finance GT Advanced’s new factory is not unusual for the handset maker.

In late 2011, Apple invested around $1-billion in an LCD factory operated by Japan’s Sharp Corp to make panels for the iPhone 4. The phone, however, didn’t sell as well as predicted after its release in October 2012, and Sharp was forced to temporarily halt production.

“Having an exclusive factory for one customer means you don’t have the same reassurance as producing parts in response to demand. On the contrary, it’s high risk,” said a person familiar with Sharp’s plans.

“The volume (produced by Apple) is very high so it can bring the factory to 99 per cent of capacity, but if there are no orders then the factory will lie idle,” the person said.

The details about what happened between GT Advanced and Apple remain unclear. A person familiar with Apple’s involvement in the matter said the company had worked in good faith with GT Advanced to help it meet its operational targets.

Several analysts said Apple had likely made a decision that burned its supplier.

Kevin Starke, analyst at CRT Capital, speculated that Apple, in forgoing sapphire glass in the iPhone 6, had effectively dealt a financial blow to GT.

“We can surmise, of course, that something has gone dreadfully wrong in the company’s once-promising relationship with Apple,” Starke wrote in a note to clients on Monday.

“We could speculate that some milestone or other requirement laid out in the operative documents has been broken or become the topic of a dispute between the parties.”

Industry executives and analysts said GT’s bankruptcy should be a warning to companies to not hitch their future to one client.

“You swallow the Apple order, but it may not taste sweet,” said a person whose company supplies Apple.

“It is like using Apple to build your resume. Once you supply for Apple, you use that to find more customers and you can diversify.”

Les Santiago, an analyst at IT consultancy IDC, said the strategy adopted by chipmakers Dialog Semiconductor, and Cirrus Logic, which get close to 80 per cent of their revenue from Apple, offers an alternative to the GT story.

Both firms have used their windfall from Apple to expand their product lines and expand their customer base, he said.
    sidhuk, jxnb, StormieTwo and 2 others like this.
    10-09-14 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    You come in here every day to cheer us up? LoL
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-09-14 10:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let's see... Dow Down 1.72% Nasdaq Down 1.58%....BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) 9.07 Down 0.15(1.63%) 12:27PM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Hmmmmmm?
    jxnb, rarsen, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    10-09-14 11:28 AM
    You come in here every day to cheer us up? LoL
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:37 AM
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    That's better!
    10-09-14 12:57 PM
    Just for the people who have been asking why the stock has been going down, I don't want to seem rude or anything but I think you should just step away from watching it for a couple of weeks. There is nothing wrong with BB alone, the overall market is VERY volatile atm due to global growth fears and the eventual QE ending this month. Like morgan has said before October has been historically a shakey month, today financials and Biotechs are being hit hard, investors rather take out some profit right now and sit on the sidelines until things calm down. Just relax and go enjoy the day! volatility in the market is good and healthy and it's how people make money too!
    donmateo, Corbu, leafs123 and 9 others like this.
    10-09-14 02:22 PM
    Re volatility, BlackBerry sp has done the market, in fact better than most in my little collection today

Look at the market indexes

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    10-09-14 02:34 PM
    10-09-14 02:41 PM
    That is clever!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, La Emperor, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    10-09-14 02:56 PM
    That is clever!

Posted via CB10
    LoL,
    the real Paper.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12.jpg
    10-09-14 03:01 PM
    Short interest up about 2M shares
    9/30/2014----------- 92,233,626
    9/15/2014----------- 90,101,060

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    10-09-14 03:09 PM
    That is really brilliant. It is going to attract quite a few eyeballs. The partnership with Gyro seems to have started on a strong note, in India at least.
    10-09-14 03:26 PM
    OT on the Linux competitive note. I was sent this down the pike this morning:

Technology experts and industry sources have alerted us to a newly discovered security bug in Linux software, known as "BASH," that is used to control the command prompt on many UNIX computers. Evidence suggests that attackers can exploit a bug in BASH to take control of a targeted system, access confidential information, alter commands and enact other negative actions.

To this point, we are aware that the bug can have a significant impact on affected systems, and that it is relatively easy for hackers to launch attacks. Risk mitigation experts recommend that organizations reliant on systems using BASH need to immediately deploy operating system update patches from software makers.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-09-14 04:40 PM
    OT on the Linux competitive note. I was sent this down the pike this morning:

Technology experts and industry sources have alerted us to a newly discovered security bug in Linux software, known as "BASH," that is used to control the command prompt on many UNIX computers. Evidence suggests that attackers can exploit a bug in BASH to take control of a targeted system, access confidential information, alter commands and enact other negative actions.

To this point, we are aware that the bug can have a significant impact on affected systems, and that it is relatively easy for hackers to launch attacks. Risk mitigation experts recommend that organizations reliant on systems using BASH need to immediately deploy operating system update patches from software makers.
    If you just got this this morning, your source is a little late to the party. This is a few weeks old at this point.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and Bacon Munchers like this.
    10-09-14 05:00 PM
    And I can confirm that it's a very popular newspaper there!
    Certainly will help in spreading the word!
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-09-14 05:03 PM
    Can't belive this BBM channel has close to 10mill subscribers?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141009_170220.png
    C00124E76
    Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-09-14 05:04 PM
113,256 ... 29102911291229132914 ...