View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    THank you FEDs, market skitter all over the same old stuff, predictable -_-

but picked up more HALO, most likely not adding to my BB position for awhile just going to ride out what i have.

Good luck to all!
    Quite the intelligent bunch we all look like right now for timing that ugly dip right before the bounce back to green (almost).

**Pat myself on my shoulder** haha
    10-08-14 01:26 PM
    Same here, MR BBRY. I added more today too.

Good action so far. Let's see a hammer candle for a reversal sign today.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-10-08-2.35.07-pm.png
    10-08-14 01:36 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 2.35.07 PM.png 
Views:	1683 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	304214
    Very good call you guys, a ton of stocks hit their inflection point today, AAPL dropped below its 50-dma and they went fishing for stops and it shot up dragging the rest of the market with it. Let's hope that was a bottom in this dreadful market. The US currency reversed hard too. Nice! If the reversal is solid, you should see a lot of "green" across the board.
    10-08-14 01:39 PM
    Quite the intelligent bunch we all look like right now for timing that ugly dip right before the bounce back to green (almost).

Well, we may as well play the "game" too.
    10-08-14 01:42 PM

Along with BB, i had added some IMG too
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-08-14 01:45 PM

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 2.35.07 PM.png 
Views:	1683 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	304214
    I thought I would add one more chart to this excellent work!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-oct-8-2014.png

As you can see, we hit BBRY RSI=30 today, we also hit several support levels and there is a well defined downtrend line that we need to close above. The major component here was the sudden weakness in the US dollar, a strong dollar implies higher interest rates (stronger economy now) and that's bad for equities. Nice call everyone, we need to see a test and a rally from here but things are looking far more interesting. Note the IBB Index, or the Biotech Index is up sharply after testing support too. Let's hold onto these intraday gains and set ourselves up for a rally in the days ahead.

The only negative in all of this is that I haven't received my PASSPORT yet!!!
    10-08-14 02:00 PM

Name:	BBRY Oct 8 2014.png 
Views:	476 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	304218

As you can see, we hit BBRY RSI=30 today, we also hit several support levels and there is a well defined downtrend line that we need to close above. The major component here was the sudden weakness in the US dollar, a strong dollar implies higher interest rates (stronger economy now) and that's bad for equities. Nice call everyone, we need to see a test and a rally from here but things are looking far more interesting. Note the IBB Index, or the Biotech Index is up sharply after testing support too. Let's hold onto these intraday gains and set ourselves up for a rally in the days ahead.

Lol, you and many others. DigitalRiver is a mess. Some people who ordered on launch day still haven't received them, while others who ordered Monday already got them. There seems to be no order to the madness.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:17 PM
    Quick question for Morgan+8. Any thoughts on ARWR after today's drop by 50%?

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    [SIZE=5]OT ALERT!!!![/SIZE]

Sorry for missing this, I somehow read too fast and didn't see my name on the text.

This is a messy one, there was some success in the baseline drug dosage but it is no where close to a green light for the drug to be used on its own. Even if they up the dosage it isn't clear how effective that will be. So I see a serious delay in the modification of the next study here, they will want to try a few ideas like a better delivery mechanism as well as completing a higher dosage study that is on its way now. The stock will be met with E.O.Y. selling as there won't be too many Funds wanting to hold it through another reporting period. That's the bad news, the good news is that there are many examples of pharmas that alter their dosage (ACAD) and see a huge improvement in their end line results. I think there are far better buys out there, PSDV comes to mind, HALO as well, but if you are patient and you study the results very carefully, you might see how they can modify the dosage/delivery systems to make it work. The drug has a favourable effect it just isn't a strong response.

For example, when ACAD concluded their study of Pimavanserin, they failed on the study because of the dosage, I noticed that the correct dosage would have produced a huge positive for the company so I made sure they would increase the dosage and then bought a monster block of the stock. This one is similar in many ways but I can't tell you to "green light" this one and buy it based upon the end-of-year sales of the stock on the books and their dosage issues. If they hint of a larger dosage or a better delivery system, it might just be a good bet again.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, MasterMoe and 1 others like this.
    10-08-14 02:25 PM
    Not an area I would've expected them to be focusing on.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141008_124823.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:49 PM

Name:	IMG_20141008_124823.png 
Views:	1250 
Size:	438.0 KB 
ID:	304235

Posted via CB10
    Project ION anyone? Notice how it just says software...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:07 PM

Name:	IMG_20141008_124823.png 
Views:	1250 
Size:	438.0 KB 
ID:	304235

Posted via CB10
    Nice pun! LoL

Maybe this is associated with their healthcare/medical endeavours?
    10-08-14 03:08 PM
    After all this time still can not buy passport. As I said earlier that we would go to $9. I think downside is limited now. No matter what BlackBerry does until shorts out BlackBerry will not move up.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should be taking pre-orders. Even if delivery is a month out. This HAS to be hurting sales by now. I understand that they likely are making profit on Passport by now, but that's not good enough. If want to build reputation and good sediment and ensure ppl realize BlackBerry is not dead we need this to be better managed.

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-08-14 03:09 PM
    Thanks again for the great charting and thoughts M8. I couldn't resist and added another few thousand shares in the last 2 days hoping for a quick bounce back to reasonable valuation levels.

Yesterday, I received my new Passport after holding onto my beloved 9900 Bold for 3 years. It is a hefty phone that doesn't apologize or make any excuses for being a really nice productive COMMUNICATION (not a lifestyle/toy) device. Although I must say that I couldn't resist downloading a few games from the Amazon App store and the screen is incredibly vivid and bold. Reading anything is a joy but the new blend of tactile and touch screen typing takes some getting used to. One thing I do miss is the presence of a floating cursor/arrow which would really aid in one handed operation or browsing on a wide phone like this.

I think everyone is going to love receiving their Passports! I was on the wait list with a friend who works for Rogers corporate sales... now I have to educate he and his team about BES10/12 - they're trying to push 360 instead which tells me that BB hasn't done a very good job pushing the corporate side with the new software.
    10-08-14 03:12 PM
    I very much appreciate your analyses M8. I actually did buy more PSDV as I felt more comfortable with their standing.

[SIZE=5]OT ALERT!!!![/SIZE]

Sorry for missing this, I somehow read too fast and didn't see my name on the text.

This is a messy one, there was some success in the baseline drug dosage but it is no where close to a green light for the drug to be used on its own. Even if they up the dosage it isn't clear how effective that will be. So I see a serious delay in the modification of the next study here, they will want to try a few ideas like a better delivery mechanism as well as completing a higher dosage study that is on its way now. The stock will be met with E.O.Y. selling as there won't be too many Funds wanting to hold it through another reporting period. That's the bad news, the good news is that there are many examples of pharmas that alter their dosage (ACAD) and see a huge improvement in their end line results. I think there are far better buys out there, PSDV comes to mind, HALO as well, but if you are patient and you study the results very carefully, you might see how they can modify the dosage/delivery systems to make it work. The drug has a favourable effect it just isn't a strong response.

For example, when ACAD concluded their study of Pimavanserin, they failed on the study because of the dosage, I noticed that the correct dosage would have produced a huge positive for the company so I made sure they would increase the dosage and then bought a monster block of the stock. This one is similar in many ways but I can't tell you to "green light" this one and buy it based upon the end-of-year sales of the stock on the books and their dosage issues. If they hint of a larger dosage or a better delivery system, it might just be a good bet again.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    Mr BBRY, morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-14 04:19 PM
    Nice pun! LoL

Maybe this is associated with their healthcare/medical endeavours?

Remember they are GOing after PROfessionals....
    dusdal, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-08-14 04:20 PM

Hang in there, Morgan! Restocking is on its way according to the following response I received from Amazon yesterday:

"I've verified and found out that the item is still back ordered currently with us. We've already contacted the manufacturer and the manufacturer has mentioned that the item will be back in stock by the end of this week. Once the item is back in stock we'll have your order shipped on priority and have the item delivered in one day."
    10-08-14 04:22 PM
    Ordered and paid for my Passport on the 26th when it was "in Stock" at ShopBlackBerry-Germany. Got a mail 2 Days later that said "sorry, out of stock". Still waiting :-(

Posted with my great BB Q10
    10-08-14 04:27 PM
    Why does this stock keep falling?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:29 PM
    I have 1083 shares @ $8.11 on the tsx. Nice to watch it go to over 12 and see some paper profits only to see a big chunk evaporate so quickly. How stupid am I? Lots of you guys seem to know when to get in and out. What am I missing? Anyway, still holding, just frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-08-14 04:36 PM
    I have 50 shares at $10.90, it could be worse lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:39 PM
    No luck here. I ordered the VIP version on the 4th and my credit card was charged but no sign of my passport and no information from that terrible website

Posted via CB10
    I called Digital River today. Same situation as you. They advised they have an overwhelming amount of orders that were placed and tracking numbers in most cases failed to be generated. They could not tell me if it was shipped or not. They said they were working around the clock to have tracking #'s sent out or updates emailed to customers as they are aware that customers were charged. I escalated the call as I found it strange no one could tell me if it was shipped or not. Did no good. End result....in 24-48 hrs an update should be hopefully sent out or perhaps the phone arrives.... not impressed
    bungaboy, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    10-08-14 04:51 PM
    I have 50 shares at $10.90, it could be worse lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol, true! Oh yeah, I forgot about the world traveler dude. He said he was down 7 figures on BlackBerry? I little hard to believe but...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:51 PM
    Why does this stock keep falling?

Posted via CB10
    Gravity?
    10-08-14 04:56 PM
    Nice to see the volume buying today on the dip along with a general market turn on the fed minutes...not sure we've seen the end of the downside, but it's somewhere close. Bought some Jul 11s, but not nearly enough before it ran away...want more, lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:05 PM
    I called Digital River today. Same situation as you. They advised they have an overwhelming amount of orders that were placed and tracking numbers in most cases failed to be generated. They could not tell me if it was shipped or not. They said they were working around the clock to have tracking #'s sent out or updates emailed to customers as they are aware that customers were charged. I escalated the call as I found it strange no one could tell me if it was shipped or not. Did no good. End result....in 24-48 hrs an update should be hopefully sent out or perhaps the phone arrives.... not impressed
    So they were overwhelmed with orders and don't know what they have and have not fulfilled? Great...
    10-08-14 05:06 PM
113,250 ... 29082909291029112912 ...