View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It comes from "The Street" and little to no thought has been placed upon the companies' financial/growth status going forward. CB members are doing a far better job of discerning hardware sales for Q3 then "The Street" ever could. "The Street" ranks significantly below SA and The Fool when it comes to data and interpreting that data. The difference between "The Street" and every other source is that no one else makes use of canned formulas to compare a turn-around play to a company that has been seeded for many years now. Dumb, dumb, dumb on their part and annoying for the rest of us. There, I said it!
    Thanks Morgan, I'm looking forward to the $100 party. Their analysis just didn't make sense.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    10-07-14 01:53 PM
    Hey M8 or Lagoon!

Was just browsing and came around with this chart, do you guys think this person has a valid chart? just curious about your input because it looks like the recent down trend ruined the ascending triangle.

Thanks!

ACInvestorBlog - $BBRY building an ascending triangle on weekly chart with 11... | StockTwits
    Hi Slipstream:

ACInvestor is pretty good usually. This chart is reflective of my take on the monthly chart--posted on August 14, 2014, page 2794

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...9.20.56-pm.png

BBRY is still hovering around $9 so far. I don't think, the ascending triangle is broken. I will post my chart update later today.
    10-07-14 01:59 PM

And guess which direction they're heading to. This move sounds all too familiar...
    I don't know how SAMMY could differentiate itself in this fierce competitive EMM market..Knoxx..?? ( scratching my head here)
    I thought they've given up on it...

Samsung 360 Services for Business to offer better mobile enterprise features | Android Central
    Last edited by La Emperor; 10-07-14 at 02:15 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-14 02:03 PM
    Thanks Morgan, I'm looking forward to the $100 party. Their analysis just didn't make sense.

Would have to go back and see when they said to buy, after all, sell advice should follow buy advice at a lower price, otherwise what's it all about. shoul

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    10-07-14 02:43 PM
    the $100 party might take a long time but please count me in!!!

10-07-14 03:17 PM
    We will go back to $9 until next quarter unless Passport does so well and get huge order.

I did not understand BB's strategy on launching dates and products. Porche launched few days before Passport when they can launch both at the same time in the same room to create more buzz. The Classic was shown months ago but will be launched before xmas in most likely no event. BES12 launch date, the mother of all MDM solution was just announced just like instead of at sort of event or online event. I hope I am wrong but mark my words Classic will fail badly as people moved on from BELT and it is very very niche market. Just because few CEOs told Chen that they miss that he decided to lauch it. It would have been wise to launch it with BB10 along with Z10, Q10 and Classic.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-07-14 04:43 PM
    Anybody else notice a similarity between the garner hype graph and BBRY?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141007_171741.png

I recall some quote about over estimating how far things will go in two years and underestimating how far things will go in ten years. So I look at the two year chart and think about bb10. We all had such high hopes in Jan 2013. We were at the top of the hype curve, so to speak. By November we were in the low of disillusionment and now we are heading back up the curve of adoption. I like it.

BB10 4 ME
    CDM76, jxnb and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-07-14 04:49 PM
    Anyone looking at buying calls? Would like to discuss various terms and strike prices...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:56 PM
    This is probably the single hardest part about stock investing....... tooo many variables that are not able to be controlled / predicted.

Let's hope that when BlackBerry starts announcing profits that the world market is doing much better. Then the stock SHOULD pop. Hahha

"Canada Stocks Fall to Lowest Since May as IMF Cuts Global View" - http://bloom.bg/ZrXYwg

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:00 PM
    I have some Dec $13 (CDN) calls which, until recently were looking pretty handy...I'm a bit stuck at the moment...broader market looks a little ugly at this point - not good for us I'm afraid. I'm not too worried yet and my confidence in BBRY is solid... and it's not much $ in the grand scheme (the way it should be). I'm not sure what to recommend...the Wall street power types are trying hard to help their Shorts...frustrating to watch!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:02 PM
    Hi Slipstream:

ACInvestor is pretty good usually. This chart is reflective of my take on the monthly chart--posted on August 14, 2014, page 2794

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...9.20.56-pm.png

BBRY is still hovering around $9 so far. I don't think, the ascending triangle is broken. I will post my chart update later today.
    Like us he is 24 hours bullish on BB no matter what price, news or chart says, He always draws lines to make the case. On more thing he does not sleep.
    10-07-14 05:12 PM
    Since everyone is getting in on the chart game, I want in too haha. I haven't drawn anything new for a while so these are all old lines, but that's why I like them. They show what I saw then and how it applies to now. Currently, I see us in a horizontal channel between $9 and $9.75ish. I see us actually testing the $9 as the 20 crosses under the 50, but the 200 should prop us up.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-10-07-8.28.51-pm.png
    10-07-14 07:35 PM
    Nice cj and thanks to laggon and m8 for looking at these. I think we will bounce off the 200 ema then start a slow reversal there but I'm predicting we will be over 10 again early Nov and rally from there. If you all follow mobl I'm noticing that bbry and mobl switch positions every couple of weeks or so and mobl fell hard today and yesterday so i can see bbry heading back over mobl sp

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:55 PM
    "Going from zero to launch with Project Ion, including recruiting a team of 8 people, in just 90 days?"

Huh? John Chen announced Project Ion to the public on May 21, 2014. Today makes 139 days. Did Project Ion launch already? I take it the 8 people referred to was marketing? Please tell me there's nothing to fear.

I'm hoping that Mercedes and Audi and some other automakers are on board and that they will launch some kind of connected car/white label BlackBerry World for the 2015 model year. And some Nant Health tie ins. But that's just pure hope. Anyone know more?
    10-07-14 08:04 PM
    We will go back to $9 until next quarter unless Passport does so well and get huge order.

I did not understand BB's strategy on launching dates and products. Porche launched few days before Passport when they can launch both at the same time in the same room to create more buzz. The Classic was shown months ago but will be launched before xmas in most likely no event. BES12 launch date, the mother of all MDM solution was just announced just like instead of at sort of event or online event. I hope I am wrong but mark my words Classic will fail badly as people moved on from BELT and it is very very niche market. Just because few CEOs told Chen that they miss that he decided to lauch it. It would have been wise to launch it with BB10 along with Z10, Q10 and Classic.
    I completely disagree with your assessment of the belt. Along with the keyboard it epitomizes BlackBerry devices. Trackpad and call keys are the most underrated features of a smartPHONE.

BlackBerry is building on its strengths under Chen, not cluelessly chasing other makers like Heins or 95% of CBers would. I just wish they would make a high end version classic with Passport specs. Or even throw the toolbelt on the Passport and you have a beastly power user device. It would make it significantly more one-hand usable.

I look forward to seeing how it all unfolds. I will talk to you in December.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-07-14 09:18 PM
    Hi all:

Here are my updated BBRY charts.

- The 5 minute chart shows the October 7 trade in a descending triangle pattern. It completed the pattern, when it broke down around 2 p.m..
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry5m.jpg

- The 30 minute chart shows a longer time view. It appears that we have a falling wedge, and it is very close to its completion. The volume trends supports this as well. As we approach the end of the falling wedge, downtrend effect decreases. It completes the pattern, when it breaks out of the wedge upward, but not a major pop.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry30m.jpg

- The daily chart shows a much longer time view starting from December of 2013. There are two possible scenarios that I could anticipate so far.

- The first one is related to the falling wedge in the 30 minute chart. It is described with the two light blue boxes, and two navy blue circles. The important part of these four items is line E, which is the uptrend line that is formed from December 2013 ER. This is the major support line in the chart. After the April 2014 ER, the SP went down, and rode just above this support line for about three months, before it managed to break $10.74, and reach $11. Should history repeat itself, after the falling wedge pattern is completed, the SP might ride just above the support line ($8.6x - $9). Afterward, reaching above $12 is the goal.

- The second scenario is shown with a descending triangle on the right side (two purple lines). The bottom part of this triangle is formed with $9.20. To avoid this scenario, the SP needs to avoid getting trapped in the $10.74 - $10.32 range, and / or going below $9.20 without breaking line E.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbrydp.jpg
    10-07-14 10:49 PM
    10-07-14 11:30 PM
    Howdy fellas!

Been busy lately, but wanted to step into 'The Thread' and share a few thoughts:

I am still waiting for the right time to double my position.was going to pull the trigger at 10.5 TSX, but decided to wait for the test.

I griped earlier that the CB app wasn't allowing for proper use of the passport keyboard scroll feature. Here is a work around until the CB deva can get this handled: swipe down on the top, hit 'account', then exit back out. Violla! A temp work around. Your capacitive keyboard should now work.

M8, Lagoon, CJ, and a few others: your stock knowledge and breakdown of trader lingo is money!
    No, really! It's money. Thanks once again.

Can't wait to see someone attempt to make an Otterbox style case for this beast! Lol.
    Of course, then folks will stop asking "what phone is that!?".
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    10-08-14 01:07 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yeah....was thinking to add to my already large (still in the red) position... would like to see massive availability of this sought after Passport.... hmmmm

but demand is a very good sign..

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:45 AM
    http://blackberryempire.com/forum/an...gle-play-store

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    10-08-14 04:16 AM
    10-08-14 04:57 AM
    10-08-14 04:59 AM
    Tres bien!
    10-08-14 05:59 AM
    Can someone explain this one? Thought, this was already in place/announced.

....or did I just have a time travel moment again?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:00 AM
    Anybody with more luck? Ordered with the coupon code on Friday at around 6:45 PM eastern time
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141008_071934.png

Can't wait !

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:22 AM
113,250 ... 29062907290829092910 ...