View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Off Topic Alert

Sorry, this was already posted. I just found out about this. GT Advanced Technologies, the company that is supposed to produce sapphire glass for Apple, filed for bankruptcy yesterday. The stock went down 90%. Apple invested $500 million. Link: Not everything Apple touches is gold - OmniFeed

Jebus!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-10-07-4.47.27-am.png
    bungaboy, jxnb, CDM76 and 10 others like this.
    10-07-14 04:04 AM
    Off Topic Alert

Sorry, this was already posted. I just found out about this. GT Advanced Technologies, the company that is supposed to produce sapphire glass for Apple, filed for bankruptcy yesterday. The stock went down 90%. Apple invested $500 million. Link: Not everything Apple touches is gold - OmniFeed

Jebus!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 4.47.27 AM.png 
Views:	1995 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	303784
    Interesting to note, is that they didn't really file for bankruptcy, but for bankruptcy protection. They intend to continue operations, find capital, and try to fix their business.
    10-07-14 05:36 AM
    Off Topic Alert

Jebus!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 4.47.27 AM.png 
Views:	1995 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	303784
    I know, I was in it before it dropped. Made some money, but there was too much uncertainty surrounding this stock. I'm glad I got out when I did.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    CDM76, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-07-14 05:40 AM
    Passport gets a very positive review from a German newspaper. Too bad the reviewer couldn't "praise to the skies the new Passport."

https://translate.google.com/transla...-13189561.html

"With a Fingerschnips the words are inserted. Furthermore, the hardware keyboard is also a touchpad."
    Lmao, Germans!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-07-14 05:41 AM
    On another note; Samsung's profits drop 60 percent from last year to under $4 billion https://t.co/aff1Gkp5UK

I think it's time for BlackBerry to take the spotlight

10-07-14 05:44 AM
    I know, I was in it before it dropped. Made some money, but there was too much uncertainty surrounding this stock. I'm glad I got out when I did.

Lucky. Sometimes, no matter how much research we do you just have to follow your instincts. We get those gut feelings for a reason.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-14 05:45 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry's time to shine.... Passport IS BOSS!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:48 AM
    Lucky. Sometimes, no matter how much research we do you just have to follow your instincts. We get those gut feelings for a reason.

Posted via CB10
    Was on SA forum under GTAT yesterday, and many were in disbelief. It's very hard to swallow something like this without any real understanding. I feel very lucky to have escape this.

bungaboy, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-07-14 05:55 AM
    Was on SA forum under GTAT yesterday, and many were in disbelief. It's very hard to swallow something like this without any real understanding. I feel very lucky to have escape this.

Good call. On the flip side now, Corning becomes a good play

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    It certainly looks that way.

10-07-14 06:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    This has no material effect on Corning. It's already known that they are used for the iPhone 6/6+. And even then, since almost every oem uses them, this is only one contract.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:26 AM
    This has no material effect on Corning. It's already known that they are used for the iPhone 6/6+. And even then, since almost every oem uses them, this is only one contract.

Posted via CB10
    More to do with less apparent competition. Corning's SP rose steady yesterday. Same effect when AAPL announced partnership with IBM. BlackBerry SP tanked, and we'll know that's unjustified.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-07-14 07:45 AM
    For those looking for a refresh or just to catch up this is a decent synopsis of where BlackBerry is currently and what it intends for the future. It even refers to BlackBerry's 'troubles' using the past context.

New Passport device marks once-floundering company�s strongest play yet

BlackBerry seeks enterprise stamp for new Passport | Digital News Asia
    10-07-14 07:53 AM
    Passport is available again in ShopBB USA for those who desire:

BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black
    10-07-14 07:57 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Not back in stock....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141007_220422.png

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:04 AM
    While we wait for the market to open, I offer this little factoid. In a story about the slow uptake for iOS 8 it is revealed that it isn't always about the apps.

A 2013 survey revealed that 65.5% of US smartphone owners download absolutely no apps each month.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people...093331380.html
    10-07-14 08:08 AM
    Interesting when I try on my Z30 I get the same as you posted @World Traveler. When I do it on my desktop it takes me to check out - I can't fill it in I am not ordering one but on desktop it does go to that step.
    10-07-14 08:11 AM
    Blackberry's time to shine.... Passport IS BOSS!

Posted via CB10
    He's on that CRACKBERRY!

*Said with all due respect WTAFCEO! We appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism towards BlackBerry and your new Passport! Still, I prefer to tread carefully and watch the gradual comeback unfold without too much bolstering. This is my second go at it and I remember all too well the trauma of setting my expectations too high and voicing them the first time. It's great to see BBRY back on solid ground with a business strategy and balance sheet that seems bulletproof. Our end game is still the same, and that is rebuilding some real value back to this brand. It's just a matter of timing. Long and strong! Cheers!
    jxnb, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-14 08:12 AM
    I wonder what happened to all the people calling for BlackBerry to build android phones and dump BlackBerry 10?

They would be in an even worse position now, up **** creek with no paddle!

Long term this is the way to go, own OS (enterprise focused), unique phones, and rock hard security.

Watch all of the Android oems race to price cut each other.

I'm more happy than ever that I invested in BlackBerry.

As an aside, it has taken a long time to get here even though this is tech. We called something like this almost 2 years ago now, thinking it would happen in the next couple of months. Just goes to show how long even the big tech companies take to move. They are like big lumbering giants.

Blackberry is that small nimble ninja now, laser focused on its target whilst the big guys get into a heavyweight boxing match.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, jxnb, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    10-07-14 08:23 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yeah long time user (2002) and investor.... let's hope Chen can finally flush out these shorts in the next quarter or two ... still down seven figures on this stock... but hanging in to the end lol

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-07-14 08:24 AM
    BlackBerry, back with a bang!

Does Blackberry still exist? That�s the most fantastic phone I�ve ever seen. Is that a shrunken laptop? Has BlackBerry lost its mind? I totally love it. Is that a phone or a weapon? How do you fit that into your pocket? That�s amazing � where can I get one now? That�s the best display I�ve ever seen on a phone.

Those and about a hundred other such reactions are what my life has been about for the last week. This is because I have spent the last seven days with the all-new BlackBerry Passport � the riskiest, most cutting edge, most radical mobile phone ever made.
    BlackBerry, back with a bang! - Hindustan Times
    10-07-14 08:26 AM
    Hope that this would help people on AT&T. I have been using the Passport for just over a week and loving it more each day.
    At first I couldn't get 4G data because the IME# wasn't recognized by AT&T system. I asked them to use my old IME# and it worked.
    If you're on the fence, I would say go for it - BE SQUARE! LOL...
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    10-07-14 08:53 AM
    Wow. This guy rips all those passport bashing bloggers indirectly and makes them look bias.
    Indian press is being very fare to BlackBerry. This helps. Because almost every indian american professional reads those major indian news papers on daily basis.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-07-14 09:20 AM
    10-07-14 09:36 AM
    Ugh, changing of the guards?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:45 AM
113,256 ... 29042905290629072908 ...