View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We need to remember that BlackBerry has other channels to fill with their products. Just because 2 outlets are, again, sold out, does not mean that they're now at 400k sold. Also, and I could be and will have to listen again, I'm fairly sure that the original 200k did not come from just BlackBerry and Amazon. I seem to remember him saying that they have received 200k orders. Telus was selling them right away and stock was ready for sale in the UK and elsewhere as well. I'm of the mind to think that those channels contributed to the 200k statement.

Posted via CB10
    I was pretty sure Chen had stated the 200K orders were online orders.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-06-14 04:29 PM
    And we are sold out again...this time in Saudi Arabia.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10938282
    10-06-14 04:49 PM
    I have no idea how much they sold but was looking at this seller on Amazon (link below) this morning and at is price of over $1,000 the stock remaining was 15 left and now it say only 2 left. for sure if people pay it at this price chance are that they sold a lot I will guess over 300,000.
    Amazon.com: BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 FACTORY UNLOCKED 4G LTE CELL PHONE [2G GSM AND/OR 3G : 800/850/900/1900/2100 AND/OR 4G LTE 700/800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600]: Electronics
    Has BlackBerry Passport really sold two batches of 200,000 each? Totaling 400,000 so far?

If this were true, wouldn't we see a lot many more on Amazon.com ? Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories I see 67 and last week there were 48 reviews.

While only a small percentage of people post reviews, I think we shouldn't read too much into frequent "out of stock" messages we see on ShopBlackBerry or Amazon. Out of stock doesn't mean they sold out another 200K, it could be a much much smaller number.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    10-06-14 04:54 PM
    Minus 9 percent in after hours wtf?
    10-06-14 04:58 PM
    He said it on the 26th.

"Demand of the products continues to be strong. In fact, I think our demand is pacing supply at this point -- outpacing supply at this point. We have plans to roll out in 10 more countries beyond this point. So, that was about Z3. Couple of days ago we launched Passport in three cities around the world “simultaneously”. And I’m very pleased to announce that we already have orders over 200,000 Passport as we enter the day."

BlackBerry's (BBRY) CEO John Chen on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha
    10-06-14 04:59 PM
    listening now to get an answer on that.
    10-06-14 05:00 PM
    He said it on the launch day.

"Demand of the products continues to be strong. In fact, I think our demand is pacing supply at this point -- outpacing supply at this point. We have plans to roll out in 10 more countries beyond this point. So, that was about Z3. Couple of days ago we launched Passport in three cities around the world “simultaneously”. And I’m very pleased to announce that we already have orders over 200,000 Passport as we enter the day."

BlackBerry's (BBRY) CEO John Chen on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha
    I was thinking about one of the media interviews after the ER.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-06-14 05:01 PM
    Yeah, wondering the same thing... hmm
    I think somebody made a mistake on their sell order. Oops!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:03 PM
    I was thinking about one of the media interviews after the ER.
    i wrote it wrong. it was during earning call too.
    10-06-14 05:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    some body got whipped. LoL. price back up again.
    10-06-14 05:08 PM
    I think somebody made a mistake on their sell order. Oops!

Posted via CB10
    Sold my 100 shares, sorry. Bought them back.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    On 8,800 Shares?

Panic? LoL
    some body got whipped. LoL. price back up again.
    Oops . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-ah.jpg
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-06-14 05:11 PM
    He said it on the 26th.

"Demand of the products continues to be strong. In fact, I think our demand is pacing supply at this point -- outpacing supply at this point. We have plans to roll out in 10 more countries beyond this point. So, that was about Z3. Couple of days ago we launched Passport in three cities around the world �simultaneously�. And I�m very pleased to announce that we already have orders over 200,000 Passport as we enter the day."

Just to add... at 47:30 of the call, he says "On the Passport, as I pointed out, we entered into launch day with 200,000 units already ordered...we've received PO for those, and the first day it sold out in many many places."
    10-06-14 05:14 PM
    Just to add... at 47:30 of the call, he says "On the Passport, as I pointed out, we entered into launch day with 200,000 units already ordered...we've received PO for those, and the first day it sold out in many many places."
    LoL now one of the reviewer for passport was arguing about the meaning of "PO" that it means not sold. The guy just gave passport all $hitt that he could.
    Some people in the press have some real problem with blackberry and they openly lie. Lol

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-06-14 05:22 PM
    Wow can't wait for next ER!
    And we are sold out again...this time in Saudi Arabia.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10938282
    CDM76 and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-06-14 05:23 PM
    LoL now one of the reviewer for passport was arguing about the meaning of "PO" that it means not sold. The guy just gave passport all $hitt that he could.
    Some people in the press have some real problem with blackberry and they openly lie. Lol

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    What?!?! lol... wow. BlackBerry does get the revenue on that as it is sold, but, to play devils advocate, it doesn't mean "sold through". Of course, since the call, and the sheer excitement around about it, that 200k from the original PO's will have no problem making it through to the end user and nor will the additional units entering the channels as we speak.
    10-06-14 05:26 PM
    Looks like the Passport is back in stock at Shop Blackberry ...get it now while it's hot!

Edit! Main page shows it available however you can't put one in your cart...stay tuned
    Last edited by Variante Alta; 10-06-14 at 06:33 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-06-14 06:14 PM
    I hope they ship the ones already ordered, like mine for instance !

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:27 PM
    Nothing major but some interesting points as well as a summary in this decent article around the September 30 Passport launch in Singapore:
    BlackBerry seeks enterprise stamp for new Passport | Digital News Asia

BlackBerry marked the official Sept 30 launch of Passport in Singapore with the announcement that it will be available via all three major carriers – M1, Singtel and StarHub – with a recommended retail price of S$938 (US$737).

At a press briefing, BlackBerry Singapore managing director Cameron Vernest described the device’s market introduction as a “milestone” for the company.

“The BlackBerry Passport is aimed at mobile professionals and will allow users to elevate their productivity and collaborate more effectively.

“With this in mind, we believe the BlackBerry Passport will resonate well as Singapore is seen as a regional hub for many businesses and organisations,” he added.

Speaking to Digital News Asia (DNA) on the sidelines of the launch event, Vernest said that the Passport really personified the company’s continued mission to be innovative and “challenge the norm for the device-side business.”

It was worth noting that despite the company’s recent challenges, it had still spent US$1.5 billion on research and development, he argued.

“While other companies have been spending their big money on marketing, we’ve been focused on innovation,” he said.
    And this, which was news to me. Quite nice:

According to Tay, the BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently; if you speak, it speaks back; and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
    10-06-14 09:59 PM
    Passport gets a very positive review from a German newspaper. Too bad the reviewer couldn't "praise to the skies the new Passport."

https://translate.google.com/transla...-13189561.html

BlackBerry Passport in test praise of extravagance

BlackBerry Runaway: A smartphone like the Passport has not seen the world. The device is used to. But it inspires those who are patient with many sophisticated features.

This smartphone polarized: the all-new BlackBerry Passport, almost all journalists negatively rated, he was too big and not to use with one hand. This argument meets every BlackBerry friend immediately into the heart. Because it was and is the BlackBerry that allows you, the luggage in one, the device in the other hand, even-handed the e-mail can tippseln on the long walk to the gate Z69. The criticism is true. The almost square Passport needs both hands, unless you read only or using speech recognition. The downside of this is not seen by most colleagues: The BlackBerry Passport is pure innovation. Progress can namely also draw with both hands here.

Before looking at the software first blessed be the hardware: The Passport, which is almost exactly the face of a German passport occupies (12.8 � 9.0 cm) and is relatively heavy (194 grams) is exemplary well made. The side buttons seem very solid, the three-line physical keyboard below the display is great. On the nature of a robust working tool fits the battery performance. Although the rejuvenator is not to change from the user, but with a capacity of 3450 mAh so persistent that we had to try the charging cable only every two days.

The strength of the Passport is not only the wide screen display (with a resolution of 1440 � 1440 pixels), which makes the reading of texts or edit tables easily. Its strength is the new OS 10.3, in conjunction with many clever ideas. The keyboard, for example, is supplemented by additional rows of keys on the screen, possibly by up to four more, so that special characters can be achieved quickly. As with the older BlackBerrys there is a word guessing function that makes contextual suggestions that fit most precisely. With a Fingerschnips the words are inserted. Furthermore, the hardware keyboard is also a touchpad. If you easily sweeps while reading a site with the fingers over the keys, to navigate to the page. With a resolute finger swipe from right to left to delete word.

In speech recognition, Blackberry performs better

The smartest input method for the Passport is the voice recognition in conjunction with the BlackBerry Assistant. Both are similar to Siri on the iPhone, the detection rate is about the same, in many disciplines, however cuts BlackBerry better. The Assistant can for example read new mail, it could in a matter of seconds out searching for a contact, view its calendar data and recent e-mails and even the current postings of contact on social networks. The car can be the assistant about the call to a virtual phone number to start, it works with any hands-free system.

Granted: To get the device with all the refinements in the handle, it requires a longer training period. But in the beginning, if you have set up the first e-mail accounts or Facebook, you will discover a unique feature: The Hub as a central point shows everything at a glance, new e-mails like Twitter-events. It's that fast with any other smartphone, and with the "Priority Hub" you put a cherry on top of it, namely a self-programmed center for important events. A fine tuning of optical and audible information is nimble set.

And what about apps? This question was the niche operating system from Canada always a sore point. For several months, you can let Android programs run as an APK file to the current Blackberrys: a step forward for tinkerers. Now there is access to the Amazon App Store for Android, so that these small helpers loaded onto device uncomplicated. And they can now interact with the parent operating system, so send as evidence in the Hub. Although everything is not available on Amazon, but from a crisis-app should no longer speak it.

And finally Blend: This Free software for Windows, Mac, Android and iPad to control his Blackberry Passport from a distance, for example, wirelessly via the WLAN. What currently works, the modules E-mail, contacts, BlackBerry Messenger, Calendar and SMS. You can superimpose the Hub or individual accounts, gets access to the device's, its memory card or a cloud storage lying data and can for example write home about e-mail in the business account, and even access the intranet within the company. This remote access with Blend is safe, says BlackBerry, and it's not a cloud solution. Twitter, Facebook and Whatsapp, unfortunately, do not appear in the dashboard on the remote device, and the house memories ("Remember") are missing.

Now we do not want to praise to the skies the new Passport. Several problems have undeniable. The camera department is back and 2 megapixel front camera with 13 megapixels weak. Although the optics itself is quite capable, outside to shoot decent photos. The leg is but the autofocus working untimely slowly and is anything but snapshot-capable. When shooting indoors, the color balance is often wrong, and HDR images need small eternities. Although the BlackBerry smartphone as each has more to offer in terms of connectivity (such as: Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, DLNA Server, USB On-The-Go, Bluetooth Sim Access). But when docking a Bluetooth keyboard works a little something not important, namely the selection of the typical key assignment, ie: Working with umlauts. Other minor software bugs happen, but this is something by other manufacturers. Overall, we think that anyone who is looking for a work machine having a successful office integration, should take the Passport at least, although it remains a niche product.
    10-06-14 10:46 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport IS BOSS! This phone is going viral....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141007_125637.png

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, W Hoa, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    10-06-14 10:58 PM
    Finally positivity that should reflect goon the stock price
    10-07-14 12:24 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Next quarter results should impress....

This is one BOSS phone!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:38 AM
    Pretty light on details bucks touches on a few interesting points.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/s-p-...ries-1.2788999

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-14 02:20 AM
113,251 ... 29032904290529062907 ...