View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Off Topic Warning:

Morgan, can you give us an update on your thoughts on IMG?

Thanks!
    Sure, here is something quick on Gold, the commodity is at a triple bottom on the charts right now:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-spot-gold-oct-6-2014.png

Over the past three years, gold has been in a funk, it is now testing $ 1180.00/oz for the third time and this is called a Triple Bottom in the commodity. If it can hold this level and start to rally from here, we could see a very nice trading rally in the corresponding stocks like IAG/IMG. Today, Gold is up a bit but it is in no way the beginning of that rally, we need to see the US Dollar weaken, other currencies rally and some high volume contracts traded in Gold Futures. We aren't seeing that yet today. The rally would take us back to the first horz. line at roughly $ 1240.00/oz. It should also be mentioned that the RSI for Gold is at 24 which is WAY OVERSOLD!! So there is this possibility that the currencies will turn and Gold will have its day soon. I don't know which way it will go, I favour the long side of this trade but it isn't clear enough for me to commit to the stock. I sold my IMG holdings earlier this year simply because I didn't own enough shares to matter. I like to own large blocks of a trade and I missed most of my order and thus sold out and moved on. Good luck with the trade, all of the principles of this trade are applicable for biotech, BBRY etc., so study the Gold chart and see if you think it can rally here. I should say, a bounce to $ 1240.00/oz is still within a bear market trend for this one. GL
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    10-06-14 09:57 AM
    BlackBerry Passport Review: Don’t Believe The Haters

BlackBerry Passport Review: Don?t Believe The Haters: Prices, Specifications, Reviews | Know Your Mobile

Pros:

Excellent battery; Best in-class QWERTY keyboard; Gorgeous display; Decent Camera; The ability to side-load Android applications; BB Hub is awesome for notifications; SD-support; Premium design and finish

Cons:
    BB10 –– even with Amazon Apps –– is still app and content-light compared to Android and iOS; Design of handset won't suit all tastes

Verdict:

The Passport is a weird looking piece of tech, yes, and the keyboard does take a bit of getting used to, but, like all new ideas, once you’ve accustomed yourself to its ways you feel right at home banging out emails, editing documents and tweeting. Good work, BlackBerry!
    10-06-14 10:07 AM
    OT: I say . . . never!

Trust Facebook for investing advice? Not yet

Trust Facebook for investing advice? Not yet - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    10-06-14 11:04 AM
    Corbu -- This article is a terrific find! Your chosen quote about Blackberry is particularly meaningful.

I also want to point out that the author devotes quite a few words describing the captivating Gartner symposium keynote address by Eric Brynjolfsson, MIT prof. I just recently read Brynjolfsson's most current book, The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies, co-authored with Andrew McAfee. This incredibly readable and stunningly insightful book has done much to make me re-think a lot of what I think I understand about our current historical moment. I highly recommend it! One of the most important books I've read in a long, long time....

10-06-14 11:19 AM
    Has someone posted this one already when it was originally on the Inside BlackBerry Blog? Apologies if so.

http://berryflow.com/2014/10/blackbe...n-decline-sms/

Strategically a wonderful idea.

Execute execute execute.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:27 AM
    Has someone posted this one already when it was originally on the Inside BlackBerry Blog? Apologies if so.

BlackBerry Seizes Opportunity in Decline of SMS -

Execute execute execute.

Posted via CB10
    If they can pull that off they would be geniuses.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    10-06-14 11:35 AM

BlackBerry Seizes Opportunity in Decline of SMS -

Execute execute execute.

Posted via CB10
    I think Jim Balsille also mooted this idea many years ago. I agree, if they make it happen, it'd be super awesome. Imagine getting recurring revenue of ,say, $1 per customer world wilde per month!!! That's couple of billion dollars, right there!!!

Checkout this accessory - Finger Strap for large phones like BlackBerry Passport:
    nobiggi Finger Strap on the BlackBerry Passport

By the way, I got Z10 and Q10 on day 1. But this time, I am still waiting - I want the WHITE colored Passport.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 10-06-14 at 11:56 AM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    10-06-14 11:44 AM

http://berryflow.com/2014/10/blackbe...n-decline-sms/

Execute execute execute.

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic approach to a growing problem for carriers - this is the kind of innovative thinking that will get the world back in Black!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:50 AM
    10-06-14 11:51 AM
    10-06-14 12:10 PM
    10-06-14 12:24 PM
    Was previously mentioned on September 26, but still makes a great read.
    10-06-14 12:46 PM
    Anyone looked recently at short interest in BBRY? It would be interesting to know how many covered in the last rocky week we've had.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:08 PM
    This is essentially what MS Lync is. Difference is the mobile experience should be heaps better than Lync

Posted via CB10
    My company is in middle of lync enterprise deployment...20k global employees. All new lync phones, etc.
    Must say the new feature set is pretty good. Gonna be hard to make serious dent in it from other technology.

Flicked out via Zed30
    10-06-14 01:15 PM
    My company is in middle of lync enterprise deployment...20k global employees. All new lync phones, etc.
    Must say the new feature set is pretty good. Gonna be hard to make serious dent in it from other technology.

Flicked out via Zed30
    Only chance it has is to get into companies not using Lync. I myself am quite fond of Lync, our company uses it, and it's an invaluable tool for me when I'm in the office. The mobile app is kind of meh thou.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:33 PM
    Has BlackBerry Passport really sold two batches of 200,000 each? Totaling 400,000 so far?

If this were true, wouldn't we see a lot many more on Amazon.com ? Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories I see 67 and last week there were 48 reviews.

While only a small percentage of people post reviews, I think we shouldn't read too much into frequent "out of stock" messages we see on ShopBlackBerry or Amazon. Out of stock doesn't mean they sold out another 200K, it could be a much much smaller number.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-06-14 02:19 PM
    My guess is that they will sell around 400k Passports this quarter. I hope I am way under estimating.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:23 PM
    Has BlackBerry Passport really sold two batches of 200,000 each? Totaling 400,000 so far?
    I haven't seen any credible evidence of a second batch at all. There may just have been some additional devices moved around the channels a bit.

I think we're all expecting the actual second batch to hit this week.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-06-14 02:23 PM

If this were true, wouldn't we see a lot many more on Amazon.com ? Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories I see 67 and last week there were 48 reviews.

While only a small percentage of people post reviews, I think we shouldn't read too much into frequent "out of stock" messages we see on ShopBlackBerry or Amazon. Out of stock doesn't mean they sold out another 200K, it could be a much much smaller number.
    It's good to be cautious but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun. For your amusement:

Number of Z30 reviews on amazon over the last year

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-z30-rev.jpg

Number of Passport reviews on amazon over the last WEEK

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passrev.jpg
    10-06-14 02:39 PM
    It's good to be cautious but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun. For your amusement:

Number of Z30 reviews on amazon over the last year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z30 rev.JPG 
Views:	916 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	303638

Number of Passport reviews on amazon over the last WEEK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passrev.JPG 
Views:	917 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	303639
    Yes - but it's not correct comparison. Z30 was mostly sold through carriers and Passport only through Amazon, ShopBB etc. So, I wouldn't expect to see any Z30 reviews on Amazon as such.
    10-06-14 03:33 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, patents always a complex issue with major implications :

Biggest patent win ever? Microsoft's billion dollar a year Samsung deal | ZDNet

We've always known that Microsoft makes most of its mobile money from Android. What we didn't know was just how much Microsoft profits from its patent deals from any single vendor. Now we do. Also Motorola Mobility has shown that Microsoft Android patent portfolio may not be all that rock solid.
    Now, however, thanks to the Chinese government, we do know about the 310 patents Microsoft has deployed against Android. And, you know what? They're not that good. Even people close to Microsoft are finding its Android patents to be far weaker than they first thought.
    Sources close to the issue also indicate that they expect Microsoft's patents to be attacked directly in the court if Samsung can't evade paying the interest due on its billion dollar payment in 2013 and the invoiced, but not yet due, billion plus dollars it will owe Microsoft for 2014.
    10-06-14 03:59 PM
    Yes - but it's not correct comparison. Z30 was mostly sold through carriers and Passport only through Amazon, ShopBB etc. So, I wouldn't expect to see any Z30 reviews on Amazon as such.
    Could be an argument but wouldn't you think the Passport would be such an obscure device, especially in the US, that it would generate only a few reviews?

On a serious note Samsung reports tomorrow and is looking at a 47% profit plunge.

Samsung Electronics Co profit expected to plunge 47% amid competition from Apple?s larger iPhones | Financial Post
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    10-06-14 04:00 PM
    10-06-14 04:03 PM
    Could be an argument but wouldn't you think the Passport would be such an obscure device, especially in the US, that it would generate only a few reviews?

On a serious note Samsung reports tomorrow and is looking at a 47% profit plunge.

Samsung Electronics Co profit expected to plunge 47% amid competition from Apple?s larger iPhones | Financial Post
    Unfortunately, I feel it will not affect BlackBerry's stock even though it should. IMO, shows general market slowdown, making BlackBerry's falling revenues not look nearly as bad. In comparison BBRY is gaining.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:03 PM

We need to remember that BlackBerry has other channels to fill with their products. Just because 2 outlets are, again, sold out, does not mean that they're now at 400k sold. Also, and I could be and will have to listen again, I'm fairly sure that the original 200k did not come from just BlackBerry and Amazon. I seem to remember him saying that they have received 200k orders. Telus was selling them right away and stock was ready for sale in the UK and elsewhere as well. I'm of the mind to think that those channels contributed to the 200k statement.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:18 PM
113,250 ... 29022903290429052906 ...