View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi _dimi !!!

Always good to hear from you! Yeah, Passport sales flow to the bottom line as a profitable handset (what?? ) and those margins will look good too as these phones are replacing dead product sales. Chen wants 2.5 million handsets per quarter, Passport will give us that number in Q3, so he looks good there. Yes, Services revenue is on the decline, but, unit sales of handsets jumping by 25%, revenues jumping by 30% all in just one quarter and you can see where Services can be a winner too. Many enterprise customers are looking at BES10/BES12 and all of this falls into the Q4 quarter. It isn't difficult to see 15 - 25% uptake in all of those who migrated to BES10/12, if that occurs, you have your Services depletion slowing down and/or replaced entirely. Software is growing (1%) in Q2 and that will continue so it comes down to Services as you so rightly pointed out.

I think what we might be missing here is the cash-flow component of the equation, this handset will generate some awesome cash-flow as well as our first sustainable profit for Q3. The end of the year and early into the New Year is when the stock will soar. The numbers will be great in December and the only thing left to sell is Enterprise on why BlackBerry is the complete package. This whole story is premised on what we know today, not will happen tomorrow. I can see revenues popping big time in December Q and those margins will still be much higher than Apple leading many investors to dream of a comeback in the company after all. How will the media treat the numbers if the only negative is Services with a solution in place for the following quarter?
    I'm still not seeing how you are inferring 200,000 passports sold = 2.5 million devices per quarter. I know that's the GOAL, but still need LOTS of other sales of passports and other devices to hit that goal. I'd love to see 3 million this quarter, but Z10 and Q10 are old and out of date. That leaves Z3, Z30 and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:59 PM
    Also offsetting the services decline is the massive $800M in annual royalty payments that come to an end this month.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:04 PM
    Probaby and error and it is not widely known. BlackBerry, Digital River can kill that code any time.

BlackBerry main hardware goal is still to get BB10 phones in as many hands as possible. The ones who got this discount probably counts in the hundreds. Loss if some profit but considering the PP has been a pleasant surprise BlackBerry will be ok.

Waiting for this code to be revoked or limited as soon as somebody wakes up though, wil it go to Monday?

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    Killed a while ago. Nice while it lasted.
    10-04-14 02:12 PM
    I didn't buy a passport because I like the format, size or price, I bought it because I want to own something totally different then everyone else. This phone has killer specs but it is immediately something different to everyone out there. I have been asked so many times if I have the new iPhone or an Android etc., now, for the first time, no one is going to know what I'm using unless they spotted it on TV. I will have no problem promoting this phone wherever I go, and for me, this alone was worth the investment in BlackBerry. Can't wait to get it and show the world what BB can do.

10-04-14 02:17 PM
    Killed a while ago. Nice while it lasted.
    Has anybody here tried it for accessories only yet. Or is it killed - dead? :/

BB10 4 ME
    10-04-14 02:20 PM
    I'm still not seeing how you are inferring 200,000 passports sold = 2.5 million devices per quarter. I know that's the GOAL, but still need LOTS of other sales of passports and other devices to hit that goal. I'd love to see 3 million this quarter, but Z10 and Q10 are old and out of date. That leaves Z3, Z30 and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    200,000 passport =2.5 million per quarter? what do you mean? i know last quarter they didnt have passport but they managed over 2 million sold devices.
    10-04-14 02:29 PM
    very nice. keep in mind that passport does support usb 3.0

edit. i am not sure if passport supports wireless charging?
    10-04-14 02:33 PM
    Shop BlackBerry Code doesn't work for accessories either - seems they've killed it entirely...nice while lasted

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:40 PM
    Thanks. Ordered.
    Corbu, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    10-04-14 02:45 PM
    Morgan,

I think you shouldn't be so optimistic on handset sales for next quarter.

The z10,q10 and q5 I wouldn't expect heavy sales from, they are old and outdated.

Whatever sales we get on them will be low margin.

Z3 is new, but again low margin.

I think the passport has been well received and should have a good shelf life, but will take a while to ramp up.

What will help handset sales will be companies coming to BES and opting in for the BlackBerry handsets. I think this is why chen is placing so much importance on the classic as this should be the catalyst for the adoption.

Posted via CB10
    BanffMoose likes this.
    10-04-14 03:01 PM
    Thanks. Ordered.
    I am gonna try this for 3 bucks. LoL
    Desktop Charging Dock Cradle Station Universal for Samsung S3 S4 Note 2 3 HTC | eBay
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    10-04-14 03:01 PM
    Speaking of the Classic...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00035fb2_bed35870-4bf5-11e4-90ea-0200ac17784e.jpeg

I hope they knock that one out of the park as well... We'd all feel better!
    Last edited by Corbu; 10-04-14 at 03:25 PM.
    10-04-14 03:04 PM
    Morgan,

I think you shouldn't be so optimistic on handset sales for next quarter.

The z10,q10 and q5 I wouldn't expect heavy sales from, they are old and outdated.

Whatever sales we get on them will be low margin.

Z3 is new, but again low margin.

I think the passport has been well received and should have a good shelf life, but will take a while to ramp up.

What will help handset sales will be companies coming to BES and opting in for the BlackBerry handsets. I think this is why chen is placing so much importance on the classic as this should be the catalyst for the adoption.

Posted via CB10
    Let's not Count the Q10 and Q5 as dead yet. The Passport is the VIP phone, it gets top management on board the BB10 Bus. The Classic is for the middle management and the die-hards. The Q10 and Q5 will be given to the plebs.

King Arthur as the passport?
    10-04-14 03:39 PM
    Lol the plebs, don't forget the BBOS devices they still sold a ton of those last qtr

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:51 PM
    Lol the plebs, don't forget the BBOS devices they still sold a ton of those last qtr

Posted via CB10
    Not really. Only 900,000.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:09 PM
    Not really. Only 900,000.

Posted via CB10
    And most were the extra run of 9900s

10-04-14 04:13 PM
    Didn't someone mention the Government are just ramping up on BB10 devices?
    10-04-14 04:35 PM
    Didn't someone mention the Government are just ramping up on BB10 devices?
    There are several threads here on CB regarding the Canadian Government and US DoD beginning their ramp ups. DoD is supposedly ramping up using the Z30 on their unsecured network.

So far, all the news I've seen regarding the DoD's secured network have been indicating the use of Android based devices.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-14 04:56 PM
    Not to speak out of turn but I think the combined sales of all BB10 devices + Passport = achieved goal of 2.5mm a quarter. Correct M8?

Eazzy Peazzy
    10-04-14 05:15 PM
    Not to speak out of turn but I think the combined sales of all BB10 devices + Passport = achieved goal of 2.5mm a quarter. Correct M8?

Eazzy Peazzy
    That I can see. But people talking about 2.5M passports alone just doesn't seem right. Or maybe I read things wrong. 2.5m for the year MIGHT be more realistic.

Either way I'm predicting 3M total devices this quarter.

Can't wait until USA and Cdn govs roll out BB10 across the board. Just the exposure alone will pay off in spades.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:56 PM
    OT:

Google reportedly threatened with $100-million lawsuit over leaked celebrity photos

Google reportedly threatened with $100-million lawsuit over leaked celebrity photos - The Globe and Mail

A lawyer who represents about a dozen female celebrities whose private photos were posted online by hackers has threatened to sue Google Inc for failing to take the photos off its websites, according to the New York Post.

Martin Singer, an entertainment industry lawyer, said in a letter on Wednesday that Google “is making millions and profiting from the victimization of women” and could be liable for over $100 million (U.S.) in damages, the New York Post reported on Wednesday. The letter did not say which celebrities Singer represents.
    rarsen, sidhuk, Greened and 1 others like this.
    10-04-14 05:59 PM
    That I can see. But people talking about 2.5M passports alone just doesn't seem right. Or maybe I read things wrong. 2.5m for the year MIGHT be more realistic.

Either way I'm predicting 3M total devices this quarter.

Can't wait until USA and Cdn govs roll out BB10 across the board. Just the exposure alone will pay off in spades.

Posted via CB10
    I think a good estimate. They still have more Z10's and Q10's to liquidate, add in passport and we've got more than the 2.6 million (2.1 recognized) from last quarter.

However, I do see the potential for the Passport pushing it to 4 million, maybe 5. I mentioned earlier how I like this mad rush that was created by the 25% off.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:59 PM
    I think a good estimate. They still have more Z10's and Q10's to liquidate, add in passport and we've got more than the 2.6 million (2.1 recognized) from last quarter.

However, I do see the potential for the Passport pushing it to 4 million, maybe 5. I mentioned earlier how I like this mad rush that was created by the 25% off.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but this "mad rush" sold 200k phones so far and maybe another 100k since then? By end next week the rush will have died down and back to regular sales of all devices. Unless they start kicking out promotions for the devices the sales should be pretty steady.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:13 PM
    The mad rush on the discount probably counted in the dozens, perhaps low hundreds and will have little overall impact. Got some fence sitters to make their minds up (points to self) . Expect somebody who forgot to limit the coupon will be in a bit of trouble, probably at DR, but it will be kept quiet

To quote PWH. "I meant to do that"

CDM76, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-14 10:44 PM
    Well, if chen's claim of selling 200k is true then I am confident that we will sell more than half million passports in this quarter. I have been trying to buy online for coupons of days but no luck. Imagine how many more waiting around the world. 200k was just on telus, online only. With that revenue will increase by 300 millions. Means huge ER

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:16 AM
113,256 ... 28992900290129022903 ...