Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    10-03-14 05:54 AM
    amazon.co.uk - sold out
    BTW: why it is under "Computers & Accessories->Networking Devices->Mobile Internet Devices" and not "Phones"?
    10-03-14 06:15 AM
    It's crazy the Passport is #2 on Amazons unlocked best seller list when it's sold out at $599 and the only in stock ones are at $850.
    10-03-14 06:44 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2538...seoul?uprof=14

Been really busy. Drop by to say hi to everyone.
    Happy Friday!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:23 AM
    Two things, unrelated.

One, my contact that used to work for BBRY, who still has contacts from within, is reporting that the Passport has not yet been made available to employees through the employee purchase program (yes I am trying to get my passport through that program!)

Two, my contact from Shared services Canada, is reporting, when I asked about whether or not the Passport be allowed in GoC, that there is an awful lot of confusion in between BES versions to go with, what phones to buy and so on. He reported that they no longer want to buy BBOS, and that BB10 would be the choice from there on end.

Rogers offered the Q10 for the same price of the q5, even though the q10 is far superior, and they went with, wait for it, the q5, as they feared the public perception of public servants having q10 might not be well received. Ok, maybe, but just explain that it was for the same price, Canadians would understand !Aaarrgggh! Politics!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:54 AM
    Two things, unrelated.

One, my contact that used to work for BBRY, who still has contacts from within, is reporting that the Passport has not yet been made available to employees through the employee purchase program (yes I am trying to get my passport through that program!)

Two, my contact from Shared services Canada, is reporting, when I asked about whether or not the Passport be allowed in GoC, that there is an awful lot of confusion in between BES versions to go with, what phones to buy and so on. He reported that they no longer want to buy BBOS, and that BB10 would be the choice from there on end.

Rogers offered the Q10 for the same price of the q5, even though the q10 is far superior, and they went with, wait for it, the q5, as they feared the public perception of public servants having q10 might not be well received. Ok, maybe, but just explain that it was for the same price, Canadians would understand !Aaarrgggh! Politics!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    True, it's not yet available through the employee program.
    But normally, the phones are not available to them in the first month after the launch. (that's what I've been told)
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    10-03-14 08:59 AM
    True, it's not yet available through the employee program.
    But normally, the phones are not available to them in the first month after the launch. (that's what I've been told)
    I'm being told it will very likely be even longer this time......not suprising

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:01 AM
    It's crazy the Passport is #2 on Amazons unlocked best seller list when it's sold out at $599 and the only in stock ones are at $850.
    Further signs that they really have found a successful product. Now the question is how quickly they can ramp up supply.

I'm not criticizing the low initial supply; I think that was the right plan. Now we'll see if they had a plan B in case the device took off!
    Mr BBRY and georg4BB like this.
    10-03-14 09:16 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg
    This is the technical picture of BlackBerry (BBRY) so far. I chose the weekly chart because we do care about the long term analysis of the stock. We can see that the 52 weeks (1 year) exponential moving average (red line), acts us a support level. For now, the price can�t break downwards that level and that is a good sign. I don�t like the heavy volume of the last two days though. If the moving average doesn�t hold, the next major support level is at $8.5 (support Line W1). In case of an upside move the resistance levels are at the previous picks (11.17 and 11.65).
    I like BlackBerry and Chen�s strategy!!! I think that patience is all we need for now. Be patient and we will be rewarded�
    10-03-14 09:31 AM
    Who's not participating in the broad market rally today?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141003_103948.png

BB10 4 ME
    10-03-14 09:41 AM
    Most companies don't have product available on the launch day. Product comes week or two later. I am lucky that passport was available on the morning of the announcement/launch day.
    The early sold out of passport happened based on the full cash price. Not the carrier contracts.
    Where apple have hold over the press, blackberry doesn't enjoy this luxury. Some of the reviewer who praised the passport, they first apologized to the iPhone users that please don't run away but I am gonna like this phone and at the end they said that they don't have to buy this. What a shame. But I can understand that these websites worried about retaliation.
    Here is one example.
    http://utbblogs.com/media/the-totall...nt-you-to-see/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-03-14 09:45 AM
    Who's not participating in the broad market rally today?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141003_103948.png 
Views:	1147 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	302842

BB10 4 ME
    which app is that? which app do people use on their bb10s?
    10-03-14 09:50 AM
    Stocks for BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry World
    3_M4N and CDM76 like this.
    10-03-14 09:57 AM
    I hate the app. Never refreshes data properly. I always get errors so I always have to close and reopen the app to refresh the data....

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:01 AM
    I hate the app. Never refreshes data properly. I always get errors so I always have to close and reopen the app to refresh the data....
    I have this issue only when my connection is low quality. On pure EDGE it works so-so, on H+ I never had any issues. Maybe there is a timeout or something.
    10-03-14 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Weird. It works for me perfectly. How do you have your refresh settings set?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    10-03-14 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Works very well for me on my Z30, and has done so for quite a while now...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-14 10:15 AM
    Weird. It works for me perfectly. How do you have your refresh settings set?

Posted via CB10
    It never refreshes by itself and when I do it manually, I get error loading data.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:20 AM
    Anyone concerned the delays replenishing out of stock passports will hurt sales? I also hope they don't over react and build too much inventory either. What are your thoughts and are you hearing anyone discuss this?

OT: Can they please order a run of passports compatible with VZW . I will gladly pay full price... I want one in black!

Posted via CB10
    I heard that Verizon only allows their branded phones to be used on their network so an unlocked phone sold by BlackBerry would not work. Is this true?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:22 AM
    The Sad thing is that it was written in Adobe Air and the developer has abandoned it (so I read). it works in 10.3 but won't work in 10.3.1. Kind of sad about that.
    CDM76 and georg4BB like this.
    10-03-14 10:24 AM
    OT: And yet another Apple security nightmare.....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hacker...121808264.html
    10-03-14 10:38 AM
    I heard that Verizon only allows their branded phones to be used on their network so an unlocked phone sold by BlackBerry would not work. Is this true?

Posted via CB10
    The phone needs to have the CDMA band for Verizon, which the PassPort does not have. My understanding is it has some 2G bands that are compatible, but what's the point

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:39 AM
    well I got paid today but thanks to work missed my buying oppurtunity at open. will wait and hope for an afternoon drop... which it did drop to my limit and bounce up while I was typing haha. sooo increased my holdings 33%
    10-03-14 11:03 AM
    I have this issue only when my connection is low quality. On pure EDGE it works so-so, on H+ I never had any issues. Maybe there is a timeout or something.
    It doesn't seem to handle changes in connectivity very well. If I switch from network to wifi or vice versa, I find I have to close the app and reopen it.
    10-03-14 11:13 AM
    10-03-14 11:28 AM
113,256 ... 28942895289628972898 ...