View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    To those bemoaning an original launch figure of Passport being only in the few hundred thousands:

The company [Samsung] just released the Galaxy Note 4 in South Korea and sold out of its entire 30,000 unit initial run.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Suffering From #GapGate | TechCrunch
    10-01-14 06:55 AM
    Haven't post for a while but still a regular here and there. I do agree that instead showing out of stock, take the order and advise shipment may take 3to4weeks. What's wrong with taking a deposit if someone want to give them money.

Submitted via, Oneplus One + CM11S + franco kernel
    They've started taking orders now.
    To ship out on the 6th of October.
    10-01-14 07:26 AM
    The Pentagon aims to implement mobile devices that would run on the military�s classified and unclassified networks, C4ISR & Networks reported Thursday.

Amber Corrin writes Terry Halvorsen, the Pentagon�s acting chief information officer, said the agency is developing a smartphone to operate within the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network.

Corrin reports the department is also working on a device for both military work and personal use through the Nonsecure Internet Protocol Router Network.

�We have begun to put those out, based on the Blackberry Z30, that have the capabilities for the work environment and the personal environment,� Halvorsen added, according to the publication.
    Terry Halvorsen: DoD Seeks to Expand Mobility Options for Military Personnel
    10-01-14 07:38 AM
    BlackBerry Appoints Mike Daniels to the Board of Directors

CNCN

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct. 1, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB) announced today that it has appointed Michael Daniels, former Chairman and CEO of Mobile 365, to the Company's Board of Directors.
    "I am pleased to welcome Mike to our Board of Directors. BlackBerry and our customers will benefit greatly from Mike's broad technology experience and specifically his longstanding cyber security expertise," said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO of BlackBerry.
    With the addition of Mr. Daniels, the Company's Board of Directors now consists of seven members, six of whom are independent members.
    Mr. Daniels held various senior management positions at Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) from 1986-2004. While at SAIC Mr. Daniels identified and acquired Network Solutions and served as Chairman from 1995 until 2000 when the company was acquired by VeriSign. Mr. Daniels was Chairman and CEO of Mobile 365 from 2005 until the sale of the company to Sybase in 2006. He then served as a director of Sybase from 2007 to 2010. He has also served as Chairman of GlobalLogic and as a director of VeriSign, Apogen Technologies and Telcordia Technologies.
    Mr. Daniels currently serves on the board of directors of Mercury Systems, which provides secure sensor processing systems for commercial and defense applications, and as Chairman of Invincea, a venture backed provider of advanced cyber security technology solutions. Mr. Daniels also currently serves as a director of the Northern Virginia Technology Council, the Virginia Chamber of Commerce and as Chairman of the Logistics Management Institute. He also leads the National Advisory Board of the American Enterprise Institute Center for Internet, Communications and Technology Policy.
    About BlackBerry
    A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry(R) revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.
    Media Contact:
    BlackBerry Media Relations
    (519) 888-7465 x77273
    [email protected]
    Investor Contact:
    BlackBerry Investor Relations
    1-519-888-7465
    [email protected]
    (MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
    October 01, 2014 09:00 ET (13:00 GMT)
    bungaboy, W Hoa, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    10-01-14 08:03 AM
    Looking at Mike Daniels CV that appears to be one very focused appointment. Good stuff.
    10-01-14 08:13 AM
    Also ex sybase, I am seeing a pattern...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:31 AM
    10-01-14 08:40 AM
    When The BlackBerry Dam Breaks: Rising Revenue And Other Good Things The Bears Are Not Telling You

by Transcend Asset

Summary

�Supply chain is carefully managed. Recognized hardware revenue is on the rise. Sell through rate is stable. Gross margins improved. 20 products are in the pipe.

�Revenue demystified. The complexity of revenue recognition and sell through explained.

�BlackBerry is a learning machine. It is adopting techniques used by Zara and Xiaomi to maximize returns, minimize marketing spend, create desire, and remain flexible.

�Passport sales expected to break new records in revenue recognition and sell through.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 10-01-14 at 09:17 AM.
    10-01-14 08:55 AM
    Silver something (the shop provider) has weak practices. I thought BlackBerry would change their provider, they didn't. Hopefully either they get things straight or find a new partner ...
    It was in stock(backorder) for a cpl hours on blackberry shop canada, but out of stock now again. You can't add to cart and there is only a notify me when it's back in stock button. This is really frustrating. BlackBerry is missing out on sales. They need to give ppl the ability to purchase a phone otherwise they will lose interest and get something else. Let them back order it at least.
    bungaboy, rarsen, _dimi_ and 4 others like this.
    10-01-14 09:31 AM
    Lol, mine is awaiting moderation too. You're more likely to make it through though. Maybe I shouldn't have started with "your website is a joke"?

Posted via CB10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tech-insider-comment..png
    So I threw one up there as well. there is one (1) comment that has made it passed the moderator... What The...?!
    10-01-14 09:41 AM
    Just wanted to add.... I like how the Passport is being marketed for a niche segment of power users and professionals.
    With the price point, I believe it is attracting a lot of the wannabe crowd.
    A lot of the 200000 are of that crowd. And not just professionals.
    And a lot more will flock as time passes, and people see the device.
    Time will tell though.....
    ... To your point, there is a saying amongst business universities that goes "Fake it 'till you make it".
    So, my take is that they are professionals in the making, more than just wanna-be's.

(So, what was the IQ of the fella that invented the test)?
    10-01-14 09:55 AM
    Just to let everyone know that this forum looks great on passport web browser in desktop mode. Ok. Enough of passport. Carry on.
    Edit. Readers mode can be activated by pressing r. L for refreshing the page and rest of the shortcuts do work.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141001_100704.jpg
    This image was uploaded by passport using the desktop mode.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 10-01-14 at 10:10 AM.
    10-01-14 09:55 AM
    The stock is sitting on its 50-dma and will remain there until the general market turns higher. When a stock tests its 50-dma, it is the MM's that take the stock price down, intraday, to levels just below support hunting for stop losses and renewed TA selling, when all of that dries up, and there is no follow through to support the new trend, they buy it back up, in other words they cover their daily short position. So .... what we are seeing with many stocks today, not just BBRY, is this pattern of taking a stock down, testing stops, waiting all day to see if there is enough bearishness to change the trend, and then covering when there isn't. It's a great buying op for us who understand that the stock is trading here, not the company.

Take for instance, PSDV, they reported on Friday night that their drug got FDA approval to sell in the US, complete and without restrictions. This is huge news, the stock traded up a buck in AH and over in Australia, but, when it opened here, it closed up a $ .01/shr yesterday. You can name countless stocks that have every right to be much higher and yet they actually show negative trending. BBRY is no different, this is why I rarely buy options, its a fouls game to think the market won't hold back a good trade, we see this every day. Getting back to the PSDV trade, it is up today because someone who controlled the rally yesterday is accumulating the stock today. When all the ducks are in a row, your stock will go much higher. I see this for BBRY by the end of this year. Wait until everyone is ready and don't sell your shares in a market like this one. This stock will hug the 50-dma until everyone is onboard.
    This is pure gold, Morgan! I completely agree that the markets are indeed quite a sad reality. Were looking at another market selloff today due to more global turmoil and poor economic data. This situation does open the door to a myriad of buying opportunities for investors to buy into so many great performing companies for ridiculously low prices (especially in biotechs). And wouldn't you know it, we've got BBRY holding up very well today in light of it all. Thanks for the explanation though, you have an excellent way of making sense of the such a chaotic market.
    10-01-14 10:31 AM
    BlackBerry had its price target upped by TD Securities from C$10.50 to C$12.00 in a research note issued to investors on Monday. The firm currently has a hold rating on the stock.
    10-01-14 10:50 AM
    Slow day.
    10-01-14 11:38 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tech insider comment..png 
Views:	1842 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	302088
    So I threw one up there as well. there is one (1) comment that has made it passed the moderator... What The...?!
    usual censor ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-01-14 11:47 AM
    Slow day.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hl0Er1nC2TU&feature=youtu.be[/url]
    I want this ad branded BlackBerry !!!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-01-14 11:47 AM
    OT.
    I started a new thread discussing the data monitor built into 10.3.0. if you've been using 10.3 for more than a month please click the link and answer the poll.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-3-0-a-964035/
    Thanks Gang.
    10-01-14 12:09 PM
    some institutions down graded the stock but they are kind of buying themselves? some one at sa made comment.
    Page 2 of BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) - Trading Activity by Institutional Holders - NASDAQ.com
    10-01-14 01:24 PM
    /start rant or whatever

You know, around the time Z10 was released, I had made my first ever stock purchase.

I put everything I had in savings (of approx 6 years of employment since I finished school) and amassed some 500 lots of BlackBerry calls expiring in 2014, strike 35!

I was feeling very smug, like I was sitting on gold mine and people around me were mindless and beyond stupid to ignore such an opportunity even when I was shouting at top of my lungs - BUY BUY BUY BlackBerry, it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get rich. Needless to say, joke turned out to be on me, all 500 lots expired worthless in January of this year.

Starting from ZERO cash savings, I again started putting money in trading account 10 months ago. And I've now managed to amass only 16 lots of BBRY expiring in 2016 January, strike $12 :'(

Actually, first I swore, I will never ever touch BBRY stock again. But then I don't know if it's my love for BB products or what, I felt like, sure I made a mistake last year by being overtly optimistic. But this year, I will be conservative in my stock-price estimate. Although I am still hoping that there would be some unexpected event (short squeeze or break through) which would take this stock through the roof and to $100 but I am only betting that it'd be atleast $12.

Things would have been so different if BBRY had reached my strike price in 2014! Now even if BBRY goes to $40 by 2016, I would just barely recover lost savings :'(

All that said, trading in BBRY stock was my first experience of purchasing a stock/option and it turned out to be a very expensive lesson.

/END rant or whatever
    10-01-14 01:31 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141001_194431.jpg

Say hello to my little friend.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:49 PM
    It was in stock(backorder) for a cpl hours on blackberry shop canada, but out of stock now again. You can't add to cart and there is only a notify me when it's back in stock button. This is really frustrating. BlackBerry is missing out on sales. They need to give ppl the ability to purchase a phone otherwise they will lose interest and get something else. Let them back order it at least.
    EXACTLY my point!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:56 PM
    Oops, blank post. Always enjoy reading this thread, thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Radagast2012; 10-01-14 at 02:17 PM.
    Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    10-01-14 01:59 PM
    When is 10.3 expected to arrive for everyone again?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:04 PM
    Oops, blank post. Always enjoy reading this thread, thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    This only allowed one last time. LOL

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-01-14 02:20 PM
113,252 ... 28892890289128922893 ...