View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Slightly OT,

What is supposed to be different with the Classic, when compared to the Q10 and Q5?

I am asking because a lot of hope is put on the launch of the Classic, and I was wondering why it would be any different than what the Q10 offered ? If they are somehow similar, why would people run to buy it?

Chen has repeatedly talked about the launch of the Classic in the last few months or so, so I am trying to get a better grasp on what the Classic brings that is new?

For the passport, the specs talk for themselves. Not so evident with the classic...

Your thoughts ?

Posted via CB10
    The toolbelt, which includes the trackpad with the back, menu and call keys. Also all of the additional goodies in 10.3.1 that reinstate BBOS features prosumers loved about BlackBerry. Calling and ending calls with tactile keys is highly desirable.

Navigation of the OS with a trackpad is one of the most underrated benefits of the toolbelt. Its not just about cursor placement and scrolling, because the passport keyboard can do both of them nicely.

Its about one handed control whereby moving your thumb only an INCH enables you to complete almost every task possible on your device.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 04:03 PM
    This is probably why BlackBerry should've made a desktop version of BBM. Either that, or perhaps wall street is hell bent on "anything but BlackBerry"?

http://online.wsj.com/articles/wall-...ief-1412092673

David Gurle is on the cusp of a deal to sell his two-year-old Silicon Valley startup, Perzo Inc., to 15 of the world's largest banks and money managers.

Yet even before executives at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. zeroed in on his fledging instant-messaging company last year as a possible alternative to the chat service offered by Bloomberg LP, the 47-year-old Mr. Gurle was no stranger on Wall Street.

At previous career stops at Microsoft Corp., Thomson Reuters Corp. and Skype, Mr. Gurle played key roles in developing communications software for big corporations, including banks. In time, he got to know trading and technology executives at Goldman and other important clients, people familiar with the matter said.

Along the way, the France native burnished his reputation as an expert in a narrow field that had generated little buzz?that is, until Wall Street's hunt for software that allows traders and salespeople to share messages instantly, while loosening Bloomberg's grip on the way traders communicate, led the industry to Perzo's Palo Alto, Calif., offices.

"He knows one thing," Salman Ullah, a Perzo board member and a partner at Merus Capital, says jokingly. "He's the enterprise-messaging guy," referring to the corporate equivalent of consumer "instant message" programs offered by Google Inc. "And I think other people have figured it out."

"It's an obscure accolade to have," Mr. Ullah acknowledges. But it's one of great value to large companies struggling to find ways for employees to trade instant messages as securely as they might corporate email, he says.

One of Mr. Gurle's important allies these days is Darren Cohen, who heads Goldman's principal strategic investments arm. Mr. Cohen has been the New York firm's point man on the recent discussions, the people said.

Goldman and a group of top Wall Street firms are nearing an agreement to buy Perzo through a holding company called Symphony Communication Services LLC, The Wall Street Journal reported last week. The consortium is in talks to purchase Perzo for $40 million to $50 million, and a deal could be announced as soon as this week, people familiar with the discussions said.

Mr. Gurle launched Perzo in late 2012, as companies and consumers alike were growing more concerned about privacy online. He didn't set out to create a messaging platform just for banks, and at first Wall Street's attention caught some of the Perzo team by surprise, a person familiar with the company said. About a year ago, Goldman had contacted the Perzo chief executive officer to explore whether Perzo's software would fit well with technology that the Wall Street firm was developing internally, people familiar with the situation said.

Like many of its peers, Goldman has been searching for a safe way for employees to communicate instantly across different devices?between, say, a smartphone and a desktop computer, the people said. Perzo's system promised to keep those messages secure and offered an open platform that would allow big corporate customers such as banks to customize for their use.

Goldman executives came to believe the messaging platform stood a better chance of gaining widespread acceptance on Wall Street if the industry's biggest players also invested directly in its success.

Earlier this year, Mr. Gurle called one of his early investors to give an update on the discussions: "These guys want to talk about doing something much closer to us," Mr. Gurle told the investor, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

The discussions grew into acquisition talks earlier this year. By September, 14 firms?from BlackRock Inc. and Citigroup Inc. to Citadel LLC and Wells Fargo & Co.?had joined Goldman in the negotiations.

The new company would blend Perzo's encrypted messaging software while folding in Goldman's own back-office messaging components that would make the final product more bank-friendly, people familiar with the plans said.

The Perzo group is also in talks with one of Mr. Gurle's old employers, Thomson Reuters, about ways they can integrate the platform into its Eikon system, the Journal reported.

"While we do not comment on rumor or speculation, Thomson Reuters believes in open, cross-industry collaboration," Thomson Reuters said. Dow Jones, publisher of The Wall Street Journal, competes with Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg in delivering business news and information.

Mr. Ullah, who worked with Mr. Gurle at Microsoft, notes that his former colleague created a new business at the tech giant that sought to bring a messaging platform to Microsoft's business software. Mr. Gurle would work on similar projects at Thomson Reuters and then Skype, which is now owned by Microsoft.

With the Wall Street companies' involvement, Perzo could give financial firms' compliance departments the ability to monitor and limit how employees chat over the messaging system, people familiar with the plans said. That is especially valuable as regulators are watching traders' words very carefully.

Mr. Gurle "is very bright and experienced in messaging, and collaboration," says Charles Giancarlo, a senior adviser at venture-capital firm Silver Lake. "He's really passionate about this stuff."

Mr. Gurle, who is expected by people familiar with the discussions to stay on with the company following its sale, declined to comment.

Mr. Giancarlo, who was a member of the Silver Lake team that acquired Skype in 2009, helped bring Mr. Gurle to that company. At past jobs, including at Thomson Reuters, Mr. Gurle would frequently attend meetings with executives at Goldman and other clients, people who worked with him said.

Former colleagues said Mr. Gurle had enjoyed the technology challenges posed by Wall Street and its focus on faster, more-secure data networks; the Perzo deal, one of them said, would mark him "coming home" to a familiar industry.

Wall Street "knows him," Mr. Giancarlo says. "Not that they wouldn't have trusted someone else. But without David or someone of similar stature, it probably wouldn't get done."
    09-30-14 04:30 PM
    Totally agree with you,
    patience is our key as they say it in some part of the work "no matter how long is the night daylight will come" so let hope that daylight come sooner.
    I trust you Morgan8, because you always seem to be right.

...but I'll tell you, it's tough. I saw only one negative on the ER (revenues), which was explained by Chen to be corrected in the next few quarters. The Passport has shown itself to be a pleasant surprise. And now another award for the collection. Yet the market still believes the analysts with agendas over all the evidence that we in this forum understand.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 04:36 PM
    Hmm. Tech insider is now questioning the validity of the Amazon Passport reviews! Any other angles for attacking BlackBerry?

http://www.techinsider.net/are-black...l/1117706.html

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)?s Passport listing on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website will be surely getting a lot of hits, especially after the company boasted on its official website about the wonderful reviews it has received.� It might be not known to many, but in the BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been accused of getting fake ?five star? reviews posted for its products. Which makes one think, if the reviews for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)?s Passport on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website are real?

First of all the stats, at the time of writing this, there were 46 reviews for Passport on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website. Out of the 46 reviewers who published their review on the website, 40 have given the phone five stars, 4 reviewers have given it a 4 star, 1 reviewer 3 star and 1 reviewer 2 star. None of the reviewer has given the phone 1 star, which is quite a feat for a consumer electronic product that too one that comes with a radical, unconventional design.

One remarkable thing to note among the reviews is that, even the supposedly ?critical? reviews haven?t been critical of the Passport), but instead are critical of the fact that some US carriers are not supporting the Passport.

?This won?t work on Verizon wireless? What the heck are those guys thinking? I was waiting to buy one but no way?so much for my hoping that BB won?t make some dunderhead decision.,? reviewer KonaTom, who gave the phone 3 stars, wrote in his review published on September 27.

?Great phone/specs. Kudos! Att, t-mobile service (only)??? Beyond terrible idea = fail,? Reviewer Jack b, who gave the phone 2 stars, �wrote in his review published on September 25.

In no way are we saying that the reviews are fake, but we are only questioning whether to take them seriously or not. When BBM was launched last year on the Android platform, some people complained that most reviews were spam and identical, they even demonstrated it with proof, as can be seen in this article. If Passport is really as awesome as some reviewers are proclaiming, saying they found it better after using the iPhone 6, shouldn?t the sales for Passport skyrocket and those for iPhone 6 crash?

As of June 30, 2014, Prem Watsa?s Fairfax Financial Holding owns over 46 million shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) and Ken Fisher?s Fisher Asset Management owns over 2.4 million shares
    of�Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN).
    This guys is trying to start a rumor. Lol. When ever this website has any BlackBerry news, they show the same picture gallery of two old fat bald guys using blackberries. Not sure who is fake here.

http://www.techinsider.net/are-black...l/1117706.html

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    09-30-14 04:59 PM
    Here is a review that i really how honest the guy was.

70 of 78 people found the following review helpful
    4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone but big., September 25, 2014
    By Baivab Mitra "Save a tree, one at a time" (NJ) - See all my reviews
    (VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
    First of all permit me to say that I have used this phone for about 3 weeks. The contract was for me NOT to write about it prior to its official release. First things first: I am NOT a BB fan and nor I am an Android fan or an Apple fan. I have owned BBs, only because they came with the corporate I worked at and also owned 2 Android phones as personal phones.
    Ask yourself a simple question: What do you do, usually with a smart-phone? I travel daily 90 minutes each way to office using public transport and my observation is most individuals listen to music along with initially checking their emails, weather, news. In addition, some download videos in advance and watch them. Finally a bunch play solitaire or candy crush or some simple games. If this is a generalization of yourself then this phone is absolutely perfect. All of the above is possible (especially since it allows SD cards) with a HUGE advantage, especially over Android (any versions): battery life. It blew me away, simply blew me away with the amount of surfing, testing I did but battery life with full LTE connection, bluetooth - on, GPS - on, was at least 10 times better than ANY Android phone I have seen.
    Next, as I see it - one big thing to factor in is specialized software released by various companies. For example - banking portal, transit information or online purchases of tickets, medical data,etc., etc. I have mixed feelings about it. The fact it allows Android applications coupled with Amazon Marketplace does eliminate to a great extent this issue however not always ; only because Amazon is lacking. So, my suggestion is to check what you really need AND USE and verify if available. I found, in my case except 1 application everything else was available.
    The ONLY -ve factor I said about the phone, really is the size. It's BIG, no matter how you portray it, period. Some may say, you need time to get used to it but I have small hands and really you need two hands to be truly productive.
    Build - superior in all aspects, compared even to venerable Apple iPhones.
    Phone is a phone, period. So 1 thing I always look for is how good is the connectivity. Here, I have to say this model outshines everyone, except maybe Nokia (at par). I have 1 area while traveling which is known to have extremely sporadic connections and I have observed many, many re-dialing, re-connecting. But in my 3 weeks of usage of this phone, not once has it dropped the connection, even Pandora. I suspect this has something to do with patents owned by BB / Nokia....
    Display, navigation: At par with Apple.
    Finally, I went for Apple 6, not because I disliked this phone but because it was really too big for me.

Hmm. Tech insider is now questioning the validity of the Amazon Passport reviews! Any other angles for attacking BlackBerry?

Are BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)?s Passport Reviews on Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Real? | Tech Insider

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)?s Passport listing on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website will be surely getting a lot of hits, especially after the company boasted on its official website about the wonderful reviews it has received.� It might be not known to many, but in the BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been accused of getting fake ?five star? reviews posted for its products. Which makes one think, if the reviews for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)?s Passport on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website are real?

First of all the stats, at the time of writing this, there were 46 reviews for Passport on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website. Out of the 46 reviewers who published their review on the website, 40 have given the phone five stars, 4 reviewers have given it a 4 star, 1 reviewer 3 star and 1 reviewer 2 star. None of the reviewer has given the phone 1 star, which is quite a feat for a consumer electronic product that too one that comes with a radical, unconventional design.

One remarkable thing to note among the reviews is that, even the supposedly ?critical? reviews haven?t been critical of the Passport), but instead are critical of the fact that some US carriers are not supporting the Passport.

?This won?t work on Verizon wireless? What the heck are those guys thinking? I was waiting to buy one but no way?so much for my hoping that BB won?t make some dunderhead decision.,? reviewer KonaTom, who gave the phone 3 stars, wrote in his review published on September 27.

?Great phone/specs. Kudos! Att, t-mobile service (only)??? Beyond terrible idea = fail,? Reviewer Jack b, who gave the phone 2 stars, �wrote in his review published on September 25.

In no way are we saying that the reviews are fake, but we are only questioning whether to take them seriously or not. When BBM was launched last year on the Android platform, some people complained that most reviews were spam and identical, they even demonstrated it with proof, as can be seen in this article. If Passport is really as awesome as some reviewers are proclaiming, saying they found it better after using the iPhone 6, shouldn?t the sales for Passport skyrocket and those for iPhone 6 crash?

As of June 30, 2014, Prem Watsa?s Fairfax Financial Holding owns over 46 million shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) and Ken Fisher?s Fisher Asset Management owns over 2.4 million shares
    of�Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN).
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-30-14 05:06 PM
    09-30-14 05:45 PM
    IDC numbers - http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp

"Blackberry managed to slightly increase its market share in the second quarter, although it remains below one percent share. However, this is a good sign for the struggling smartphone maker, as most of the increase this quarter came from its BlackBerry 10 devices. This represents only the second quarterly increase for BlackBerry 10 since its release in 2013."
    09-30-14 06:05 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned about advanced ios virus

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0RV2D320140930

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:53 PM

Blackberry Passport India launch | The Indian Express

" Sunil Lalvani, Managing Director of BlackBerry India, told IndianExpress.com that the design element is meant for power professionals..."

I am really liking how the underpinning message being spread is to say that if you don't like success, and are not a professional, maybe this device is not for you.

It won't stop with this Passport kick-off either:

--------------
    Reuters reported this week that CEO John Chen has plans to release at least one unconventional device every year. He says that he relishes in the ?wow factor? from customers, and promises that not all devices released will be outside of the design box.
    --------------

This relentless 'out of the box' device strategy will no doubt bring many back. There is not a day that goes by so far that someone doesn't ask me about my Passport, or at least compliment on the screen quality.
    I can't wait to see what BlackBerry has post-Classic.

So, what was the IQ of the fella that invented the test.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    09-30-14 08:08 PM
    Just wanted to add.... I like how the Passport is being marketed for a niche segment of power users and professionals.
    With the price point, I believe it is attracting a lot of the wannabe crowd.
    A lot of the 200000 are of that crowd. And not just professionals.
    And a lot more will flock as time passes, and people see the device.
    Time will tell though.....
    09-30-14 09:17 PM
    Forrester Research published their Q3 2014 EMM report today and a couple of people posted the Marketwire piece that BBRY put out. As EMM is the cornerstone of Chen's turnaround strategy, I clicked through to have a look at the results from the source document. Of note, MOBL, Citrix, IBM and Good Tech are all ranked higher than BBRY for the strength of their current offerings. BBRY is given the highest mark for go forward strategy.

BES 12 will be launched on Nov. 13 in SF. I am really hoping the researchers (Forrester and particularly Gartman) will view BBRY's new offering as superior to the competition. We need BBRY's EMM solution to be top of the heap and right now BES 10 isn't considered best in class for a variety of reasons.

What I like about Chen and his team is that they are tackling this head-on and are acutely aware of the competitors offerings and the market perception of BES 10. I believe BES 12 will address the current issues and bridge the gap to the competition, but what I would really like to see is an offering that is indisputably superior and not something that simply puts in the same league as the top teams.
    Corbu, morganplus8, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    09-30-14 09:24 PM
    Am I the only one who DISLIKES this????
    It's an online site. BlackBerry should ensure that no matter how many they sell they will fulfill the order. Yes they might take back orders or take a month to fulfill. But as long as that's stated up front, people will expect delayed delivery. Maybe add an "expected delivery date" line and make sure it's a week later than actual expected delivery just so can over deliver

And worse still ...... there is ZERO excuses for shop.blackberry to show out of stock and unable to take orders!!!!! that's p-$$ poor sales strategy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-01-14 at 12:52 AM.
    09-30-14 10:26 PM
    Haven't post for a while but still a regular here and there. I do agree that instead showing out of stock, take the order and advise shipment may take 3to4weeks. What's wrong with taking a deposit if someone want to give them money.

Submitted via, Oneplus One + CM11S + franco kernel
    10-01-14 12:21 AM
    Haven't post for a while but still a regular here and there. I do agree that instead showing out of stock, take the order and advise shipment may take 3to4weeks. What's wrong with taking a deposit if someone want to give them money.

Submitted via, Oneplus One + CM11S + franco kernel
    Welcome back!!!
    10-01-14 12:21 AM
    OT: another passport review

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/reviewed--...234729579.html

Too bad more journalists didn't write unbiased and objectively like this.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:08 AM
    Totally OT: Have you seen the yesterday published Windows 10 screenshots (Startmenue)? They mix vintage 3D icons, flat icons, tiles and a giant 3D garbage can on the desktop and call this "design"? This is a design nightmare imho.
    10-01-14 02:37 AM
    Sad reality the markets are. This is where you do a ton of reading, ask a ton of questions about the investment and ignore the price of the stock. GL
    (very) Approximatively quoting J. Chen: "I don't give a sh&1t to the SP right now, only enterprise metrics and performance are my exclusive concerns. Time will come".

And this, gang, is exactly what I want to ear right now.
    Just let them play, it has zero influence, given we do not give them unwanted and undeserved exposure.
    Let's stand in the shadow for a while ... that's probably the place to be right now.
    theRock1975, jxnb, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    10-01-14 05:01 AM
    Am I the only one who DISLIKES this????
    It's an online site. BlackBerry should ensure that no matter how many they sell they will fulfill the order. Yes they might take back orders or take a month to fulfill. But as long as that's stated up front, people will expect delayed delivery. Maybe add an "expected delivery date" line and make sure it's a week later than actual expected delivery just so can over deliver

And worse still ...... there is ZERO excuses for shop.blackberry to show out of stock and unable to take orders!!!!! that's p-$$ poor sales strategy.

Posted via CB10
    Silver something (the shop provider) has weak practices. I thought BlackBerry would change their provider, they didn't. Hopefully either they get things straight or find a new partner ...
    CDM76, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-01-14 05:04 AM
    awaiting moderation ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    10-01-14 05:22 AM
    The device is 5 days in the shop and they know already that PP is one of the biggest fails in 2014. Forget Samsung, MS and BB, only Apple! Why BB does not have it's own "Kofi style" editor in SeekingAlpha?
    The Biggest 3 Technology Flops Of 2014 | Seeking Alpha
    10-01-14 06:02 AM
    awaiting moderation ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1447 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	302048
    Lol, mine is awaiting moderation too. You're more likely to make it through though. Maybe I shouldn't have started with "your website is a joke"?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:02 AM
    BNP Paribas raises BBRY target to $10.50 from $8.5 rating neutral
    Superfly_FR, jxnb, CDM76 and 15 others like this.
    10-01-14 06:46 AM
    The device is 5 days in the shop and they know already that PP is one of the biggest fails in 2014. Forget Samsung, MS and BB, only Apple! Why BB does not have it's own "Kofi style" editor in SeekingAlpha?
    Usually, when Kofi writes, the SP rises ... lol
    ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    10-01-14 06:46 AM
    On Monday, analysts at JPMorgan, UBS, BMO and other brokerages revised their target prices for BlackBerry upwards.
    BlackBerry Ltd Is Working On Another Passport-Like Device
    10-01-14 06:48 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) PT Raised to $9 at Deutsche Bank; Analyst Maintains Neutral Rating

BlackBerry (BBRY) PT Raised to $9 at Deutsche Bank; Analyst Maintains Neutral Rating

BlackBerry (BBRY) PT Raised to $10.60 at Nomura Securities; Showing Healthy Signs of Recovery

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/BlackBerry+%28BBRY%29+PT+Raised+to+%2410.60+at+Nom ura+Securities%3B+Showing+Healthy+Signs+of+Recover y/9866943.html
    W Hoa, CDM76, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    10-01-14 06:52 AM
113,256 ... 28882889289028912892 ...