View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Graphs go back way too far in time to make this well thought out. To me it just looks like someone is trying to paint a bad picture.

Why would you look all the way back to 2000.

The whole point of a turnaround is that the key metrics and measures change.

Posted via CB10
    I concur. Author painstakingly went on details on the negative side of things. Yet no mention of details of the explosive growth on the EZ program ( #7). It may not generate revenues now but what happens when a few million starts paying CALS fees in early Feb. To me, the 850K coming from other MDM suites will have no problem paying for the fees at the very least.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 09-29-14 at 02:43 PM.
    09-29-14 02:23 PM
    OT: More Bendgate videos coming out.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/two-bo...182533916.html

Holly.........hahahaha.......reminds of me in early days. thanks for the video.
    La Emperor, bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    09-29-14 02:29 PM
    Anyone has more knowledge about QNX Cloud ? Is it coming October, November or December ? What is it exactly ? I was trying to find out more about it but no luck so far. If it is consumer facing like Dropbox, will it bring significant revenue right away due to its security image?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-29-14 02:29 PM
    I just posted it! Those who are wondering how to fix IG crash issues go to Getting Instagram To Work On Your Passport
    sidhuk, Ribes Nigrum and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-29-14 02:31 PM
    Graphs go back way too far in time to make this well thought out. To me it just looks like someone is trying to paint a bad picture.

Why would you look all the way back to 2000.

The whole point of a turnaround is that the key metrics and measures change.

Posted via CB10
    That's fair.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:36 PM
    Easy day, for a Monday with all the new BBRY stock analyses after the ER. How on earth could this stock not take off...to twelve or a little more dollars. Beating estimated loss big time, 200.000 BlackBerry Passport phones sold in two days and 200.000 in back order. India launch on the way. The ER was quite positive overall. BlackBerry is executing, rolling out new products, consolidating their share of the enterprise market.

OT: just took a look at a phone store today. iPhone 6 is available in the store, Passport will be available in about a week. So I have to wait a little longer. The 6 plus is megalomaniac.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-29-14 02:49 PM

Same as me.. I used to blow stuff up. Made some awesome explosive devices. Even blew up my dad's shed. Wicked pipe bombs too. Awh those were early days in the UK. Miss that lots!!

Posted with my fabulous Passport
    09-29-14 02:49 PM
    FWIW, The Guardian's take on the latest Q's results:

I'll abstain from commenting...
    Thanks for that article. This is journalism.

Posted via CB10 from Q10
    09-29-14 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10 from Q10
    This post of yours in another thread what kind of "journalism" would you call that?

"The Z30 is 10-month old. As far as technology go it is a very old device. In a few months from now you will look ridiculous with a Z30. Thus I don't get why you would expect a Z30 to embody smart mobile in 2015. It will be for the budget conscious mobile users, aka losers.

I do get why you want to get rid of the Z10 though.

I feel for you."

Curious as to where you are coming from in here.
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    09-29-14 03:52 PM
    I visited 5 Apple Stores today and bent all their iPhone Plus!!!

The Occupy iPhoney movement begins...
    Last edited by _dimi_; 09-29-14 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-29-14 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10 from Q10
    No that is click bait from a hack. Actually this is Journalism.

Blackberry Passport India launch | The Indian Express

"If this phone had come from an unknown start-up and sold only on one e-tailer, the world would have queued up to get hold of one from the limited stocks. They would have written reviews calling it the most innovative phone in recent times. But the Passport is not from a start-up. It is from BlackBerry, the Canadian smartphone maker we all love to discard from any forward looking conversations these days.

The BlackBerry Passport, which has been launched in India just days after it was revealed for the world, is the most unique phone we have seen in recent times. Priced at Rs. 49,990, it has a large, square touchscreen, as a well as a full QWERTY very BlackBerry-like keypad. However, the innovation is not in the shape or form factor, but in making the keypad more functional that in any other device. While you can type like in any BlackBerry phone, the keypad here is also touch sensitive and can be used to move the cursor around or flick suggested words like with all-touch BB 10 smartphones. The keypad is so good you will not need to touch the extra large 4.5-inch square touch display.

With stainless steel edges and a very strong built, the phone feels premium and robust. It also houses a battery that can last almost two days. The 1:1 ratio of the screen means you never have to change the orientation of the device to view something better, In fact, this phone offers the best views in town and can let you scan spreadsheets and docs without resorting to pinch or zoom. Sunil Lalvani, Managing Director of BlackBerry India, told IndianExpress.com that the design element is meant for power professionals. “The phone is built on feedback from users and giving them better battery life and a wider view. The display is ideal for those who have to see a lot of Excel sheets or read documents,” he added.

Lalvani said you cannot expect a sub-Rs 5,000 device from BlackBerry as a manufacturing costs are very different and material used is premium. “The traditional consumers want apps on a cheap device. The perception was that BlackBerry does not offer the apps they want. We have fixed that by pre-burning the Amazon App Store in the new OS and giving them access to 2,00,000 top Android apps,” added Lalvani. “This is an interesting first step in our new roadmap for the future. This indicates that our device portfolio continues.” Passport will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with 2.2GHz Quad-Core CPUs (MSM8974-AA) processor with 3GB RAM. It will have 32 GB flash memory, expandable up to 128 GB. The USB ports allows charging and data synchronisation. The phone has a 3450mAH integrated non-removable battery. The 13 megapixel auto-focus camera comes with Optical image stabilisation LED flash and 5x digital zoom. The front camera is 2MP.
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR, CDM76 and 9 others like this.
    09-29-14 04:16 PM
    This post of yours in another thread what kind of "journalism" would you call that?

Curious as to where you are coming from in here.
    Lol

That was irony. I couldn't help. Love my Z30 & Q10.

I enjoyed the Guardian article. I had listened to the conference call on Friday, then read the transcript to check a few things.
    I thought Chen was a genius with the 200,000 units claim. Was wondering if someone was going to rectify, a journalist for instance...
    The rest of the article is well researched and spot on.
    He is a much better analyst than all those I have read at seeking alpha.

So now, what about execution risk for BBRY, on all sides of the business?
    -handsets : any risk of severe bug or material failure with the Passport (and later the Classic), and any device on BB10.3?
    - BBM: any hope it really becomes cross-platform ? I mean without bugs, battery drain or overall bad user experience on other OSes.
    - services : does BES10 actually work well with other platforms ? Any testimony here? Any prospect for a good recurring flow of revenues from value-added services (eBBM and... ? )
    - IoT : too early to tell.

BBRY might be very talented and great products it has :
    1) divided it's workforce by a factor of two or more (I think?),
    2) failed to deliver in the past (Z10, launching of BB10, BBM...)
    So at this stage I am not sure to which extent they can actually deliver on their plan.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Posted via CB10 from Q10
    09-29-14 04:25 PM
    OK first of all OT!

This is not good. Love'em or hate'em, Apple is a big visible part of US economy and the Nasdaq. Indiscriminate and wanton destruction of a leading companies products is going to be bad for the whole market which hasn't be preforming well this month!
    This could get ugly... (and I'm glad I don't own any apple stock.)

I visited 5 Apple Stores today and bended all their iPhone Plus!!!

Holy f�ke. A comedy of errors, that will have little to no effect on what the masses think of the os

Posted via CB10

09-29-14 05:08 PM
    Easy day, for a Monday with all the new BBRY stock analyses after the ER. How on earth could this stock not take off...to twelve or a little more dollars. Beating estimated loss big time, 200.000 BlackBerry Passport phones sold in two days and 200.000 in back order. India launch on the way. The ER was quite positive overall. BlackBerry is executing, rolling out new products, consolidating their share of the enterprise market.

OT: just took a look at a phone store today. iPhone 6 is available in the store, Passport will be available in about a week. So I have to wait a little longer. The 6 plus is megalomaniac.

Posted via CB10
    Wall Street likes consistency. Another or two more positive quarters and you'll see jump.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:41 PM
    Wall Street likes consistency. Another or two more positive quarters and you'll see jump.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, TSLA used to be panned, reliability issues and range anxiety...blah blah blah ......until it had a couple good quarters. Suddenly, it's a great vehicle, safe, state of the art, consumer report best.....yet the car is unchanged over the past couple years....go figure?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:32 PM
    Let me jump in here, Hope you don't mind Bungaboy.
    I just read the article in question. it was... factual.

So now, what about execution risk for BBRY, on all sides of the business?
    -handsets : any risk of severe bug or material failure with the Passport (and later the Classic), and any device on BB10.3?
    there is always a "risk". BB10.0 came out and like the original iOS it was lacking in features but BB seems to have moved at a steady and brisk pace to make BB10 comparable with the competition. Some might say its the leading OS in terms of features. As we saw with BB7, a mature OS can reach a point were the hardware is beyond the software's capabilities. Ever heard of "Cobalt" or "Python" or "Fortran"? iOS, Android, and BB10 are today's equivalents (sort of). As to material failure, I don't think we'll see any Bendgate issue with the Passport or classic. Bendgate is happening because aluminum is a soft metal and the length of the ip6 (and other phatlets allows for sufficient leverage to deform the frame by hand (or in a pocket). The classic appears to be a very familiar design, I think they worked the hardware bugs out a few iterations ago
    - BBM: any hope it really becomes cross-platform ? I mean without bugs, battery drain or overall bad user experience on other OSes.
    BBM is cross platform. There are people using it on iOS and Android without issue. Considering the mind numbing number of different devices its running on and the fragmentation of OSs within those devices, I can understand that there will be problems, BB carries the added responsibility of requiring the system to be secure on insecure systems. BB says the user base is growing. if that is true and other messaging systems become spam collectors (as has been reported for What'sApp for example) then we'll see other subscriber bases shrink. there is a reasonable chance of this happening.
    - services : does BES10 actually work well with other platforms ? Any testimony here? Any prospect for a good recurring flow of revenues from value-added services (eBBM and... ? )
    Service a la BES are being phased out to be replaced by software fees in BES12. The reported adoption rate is accelerating with a healthy proportion coming from competing providers. That is a testimony in itself. No other service provider is claiming to be able to manage all popular platforms. they are all piecemeal. No other MDM can manage bb7 and BB10
    - IoT : too early to tell.Agreed!

BBRY might be very talented and great products it has :
    1) divided it's workforce by a factor of two or more (I think?), more, 17000 to 7000, there was a lot of deadwood there after the sales started to decline.
    2) failed to deliver in the past (Z10, launching of BB10, BBM...)Delivery, I agree, it is important to deliver on time and on budget. the Z10 was delivered, the launch was delayed and xBBM rollout could have gone better. I'll point out that all of this was started under the old management (even the Passport) and JC has only been on the job for 10 months. Something about Rome not being rebuilt in a day...
    So at this stage I am not sure to which extent they can actually deliver on their plan.
    well that's far enough, none of us can see the future, but the title of the thread is "I support BBRY and I buy shares". The media will say that BBRY is still a very risky place to put your money, and I agree, but with risk can come reward and many people here see a limited downside with a possibly "unlimited" upside. (unless we become a buyout target. ::
    Would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.
    those are my thoughts on the subject
    09-29-14 07:45 PM
    I visited 5 Apple Stores today and bent all their iPhone Plus!!!

Lmao...comedy!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:55 PM
    BBin.in posted that mobile payments in India via BBM and other mobile platforms are on its way. BBM gets it in October!

http://www.bbin.in/2014/09/transfer-money-bbm-hotremit/

Hyderabad based mobility & payments solution company-Digitsecure has developed HotRemit, a Social Wallet application that enables payments and money transfers via BBM. Digitsecure is one of the few companies authorized by RBI to offer prepaid Ewallet and domestic money transfer services in India.
    CDM76, sidhuk, Superfly_FR and 7 others like this.
    09-29-14 11:10 PM
    BBin.in posted that mobile payments in India via BBM and other mobile platforms are on its way. BBM gets it in October!

http://www.bbin.in/2014/09/transfer-money-bbm-hotremit/

Hyderabad based mobility & payments solution company-Digitsecure has developed HotRemit, a Social Wallet application that enables payments and money transfers via BBM. Digitsecure is one of the few companies authorized by RBI to offer prepaid Ewallet and domestic money transfer services in India.
    So what's the maximum amount that can be transferred with BBM Money?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:37 PM
    A MUST READ on BerryFlow from Jubei Raziel:
    The BlackBerry Passport Versus The Media

And Kevins excitement for BlackBerry seems to be back :
    The good 'ol days of being a BlackBerry user... are back!

To make a comment: The Passport is extremely important. Not only for creating margins (maybe too), but for being a catalyst to change public perception. Even people who dislike the phone need to admit, that it is innovative, has a great build quality and top specs. If BlackBerry sells, lets say 1 million devices in the next months, every single device will create attention to lets say at least 10-20 people in the wild and the owner will tell the story. So soon tens of millions more people will not believe anymore, when the media repeats that BB is dead or vintage stuff. This will change perception by time.
    09-30-14 04:26 AM
    georg4BB: that's how BlackBerry pulled users from business to consumers with BBM ...
    Life's spinning cycles
    Mr BBRY, georg4BB, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-30-14 05:11 AM
    http://n4bb.com/bbfactcheck-blackber...ews-got-wrong/

So true.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    georg4BB, CDM76, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    09-30-14 07:22 AM
    I've been looking closely on passport reviews, comments, etc... I can feel that people were "shocked" at first, but now are sinking in, and I can see more and more positive feedback and even excitement about the passport outside Blackberry communities. It's growing on everybody's mind
    09-30-14 07:41 AM
    And here is a perfect example of this kind of disinformation: Blackberry Ltd. (BBRY) Q2 2015 Results And Passport Sales: Is The Game Finally Over ?

Don't read, it's a waste of time.

We "learn":
    - BlackBerry marketshare is zero ("nonexistent")
    - the 200 000 preordered unites are nothing (compared to iPhones)
    - the PassPort is bizzare, has no Instagram and Snapchat and is therefore completely worthless
    - only for people who don't want to do anything else than productivity stuff
    - poor software
    - just not enough
    - the end is near
    - BlackBerry will be sold in pieces

I have even read somewhere else, the keyboard is completely useless...
    rarsen, bungaboy, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    09-30-14 07:49 AM
    From the G&M. What do you expect?
    Passport sales bode well for BlackBerry, analyst says - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry’s initial sales of its new Passport smartphone may pale in comparison to those of the latest iPhone but they still bode well for the Waterloo, Ont.-based company, says veteran industry analyst Jack Gold.

On Friday, BlackBerry CEO John Chen said the company had sold 200,000 of the square-screened device with a keyboard and touchscreen in the two days since its launch. By then the device was out of stock on the websites of Amazon, Future Shop and Best Buy, with fresh shipments due Wednesday. By contrast, Apple’s two new iPhone 6 devices sold 10 million units in their first weekend. All three major Canadian carriers – Telus, Bell and Rogers – are selling the Passport, but giving prominence to the iPhone 6 on their websites, while mention of the Passport is tucked away in the “BlackBerry” sections of their devices web pages.

To put the two sales figures side by side would be like comparing apples to blackberries, says Mr. Gold, of independent J. Gold Associates in Northborough, Mass. “It’s not a fair comparison, given [BlackBerry is] focused on enterprise users” and has turned away from consumers, says Mr. Gold.

He noted the figure is significant for BlackBerry given the company only sold 2.4 million devices in its second quarter, and that the device has yet to go on sale in the U.S., where it will be carried by AT&T. “The numbers may go up significantly once [AT&T] do have them in their stores,” Mr. Gold said.

Mr. Chen has said the company can break even selling 10 million devices per year, and has indicated the Passport is just a warm-up for the introduction of a device called the Classic later this year, modelled on its once-popular Bold smartphone, with more new products to follow. Many observers treat the oddly-shaped Passport as a niche device that will only appear to hard core business users, but “BlackBerry only needs to sell 10 million to 15 million Passports in total to have a major success,” Mr. Gold said.

Other analysts are holding the applause. Credit Suisse analyst Kulbinder Garcha said in a note Monday that despite the “encouraging” Passport sales figures, “sustainable sell through will prove challenging in the hyper competitive smartphone market.” Indeed, sales activity in the cellular device market is heavily driven by marketing and advertising campaigns, and BlackBerry continues to be vastly outspent by Apple and Samsung in promoting their phones.

Mr. Garcha and others are also concerned about the steady decline in BlackBerry’s high-margin service revenues that flow from monthly fees the company charges carriers for its data services.

Mr. Chen is hoping to make up for the decline in services revenues – which amounted to $424-million (U.S.) in the quarter, down 18.3 per cent from the preceding quarter – with new software offerings, including an upgrade to the software enterprises used to manage mobile devices.

In response to Mr. Gelblum’s note, BlackBerry said in a statement to The Globe that the upgrade effort “has been a successful program by all accounts.”

In a note Monday, Citi analyst Ehud Gelblum noted BlackBerry has only converted about 2.5 million enterprise subscribers to upgrade to the new software, amounting to barely 10 per cent of the number managed through its older software.

That “[implies] that the vast majority of enterprises that once used BlackBerry appear to have little intention” of using the upgraded software, Mr. Gelblum wrote. That suggests challenges ahead for the company to win back enterprise users from rival services like Mobile Iron, which gained enterprise customers when BlackBerry was slow to offer them the ability to manage non-BlackBerry devices through its server software.
    rarsen, bungaboy, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    09-30-14 07:54 AM
113,251 ... 28852886288728882889 ...