View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    . bendgate, its what makes my breakfast taste better

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-uploadfromtaptalk1412004597472.jpg

and even .01$ is better than being red all dayThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-uploadfromtaptalk1412005004686.jpg
    09-29-14 10:36 AM
    Way off topic, but have an iPhone friend in a shop with me, looking to switch. Is there any way to run Spotify on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    I am running it on my Q10 and on my gfriend's Q5 flawlessy! You can:
    a) install the amazon appstore, downloading the apk from the internet with your BlackBerry and then search for spotify into their appstore.
    b) Search for the .apk file on the internet. Download it on your BlackBerry and install.
    c) (a bit more complicated) sideload an app called snap; snap is essentially the google play store for BB10. After that, search for spotify and install.
    09-29-14 10:50 AM
    OT from Related Technologies, regarding Irish tax deals:

European Commission to accuse Apple over illegal Irish tax deals - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha

European Commission Tax Probe Could Cost Apple Billions - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha
    At $50 billion in pretax income for FYE September 28, 2013, every 1% increase in Apple's effective tax rate could potentially result in a $500 million decrease in earnings.
    09-29-14 11:08 AM
    The 10:30 struggle is on today!
    How do you know that? Are you some kinda fortune teller?
    It's only 9:08 here.

)

So, what was the IQ of the fella that invented the test.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    09-29-14 11:09 AM
    I know this is slightly OT, but a decent Passport review:
    Blackberry Passport offers innovation in phablet productivity | TechnologyTell
    09-29-14 11:10 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...155244944.html
    BlackBerry teases new device plans as turnaround takes shape

Even as BlackBerry pivots to focus more on software and services, the company that gained fame for its smartphones is not giving up on its handset business, two senior executives said.

[...]

Ron Louks, who heads BlackBerry's devices arm, said now that the company had pared losses, it could afford to take some risks and look at introducing at least one unconventional device each year.

"When it comes to design and being a little bit disruptive, we want that 'wow' factor," Louks said. "Not all of the products will have it, but we definitely have opportunities."

BlackBerry already has another unconventional device in the works, he said, adding that it has already received some positive feedback from carriers on it.

Passport reviews have been mixed. While the device has won praise for its battery life, wide screen and touch-sensitive keyboard, it has been criticized for, among other things, being difficult to operate with one hand.

Louks hinted that BlackBerry was working on a prototype that would be easier to use with a single hand.

"From a roadmap perspective, I'm pretty happy with where we are at for next year," he said in an interview, adding that he also expected demand for the Passport to exceed expectations.
    Rings a bell, SF?

Speaking with the media after BlackBerry reported quarterly results on Friday, Chief Executive Officer John Chen said the company was likely to show new devices at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in 2015.

"Given the receptivity for the Passport, I know that we'll have at least another generation of that device," said Chen. "I also carry very high hopes for the Classic, and I've spoken with a lot of people that want it ... so I think we will have another iteration on that, and there will be a new concept device too."
    09-29-14 11:12 AM
    sorry SF for OT, just one last time. LoL
    The Blend is the greatest convenience ever for people working on desktops. I mean EVER.
    09-29-14 11:36 AM
    And look at bbry turning to the green side against the market. Even if only for a second

Posted via CrackBerry App
    How about even, which is up from earlier

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-29-14 11:42 AM
    OT from Related Technologies, regarding Irish tax deals:

European Commission to accuse Apple over illegal Irish tax deals - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha

European Commission Tax Probe Could Cost Apple Billions - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha
    At $50 billion in pretax income for FYE September 28, 2013, every 1% increase in Apple's effective tax rate could potentially result in a $500 million decrease in earnings.
    Everything is relative.

Ireland not happy with U2 for moving their business dealings offshore

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-29-14 11:47 AM
    How do you know that? Are you some kinda fortune teller?
    It's only 9:08 here.

)

So, what was the IQ of the fella that invented the test.
    LoL. Are you on "Newfie" time?
    sidhuk and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-29-14 11:49 AM
    sorry SF for OT, just one last time. LoL
    The Blend is the greatest convenience ever for people working on desktops. I mean EVER.
    Can't wait to try it on my Z30. Still getting the "internal RIM devices only " on 10.3...

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-29-14 11:57 AM
    OT:
    Someone give this man on the left a Passport!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-15390848565_f4b8a87597_k.jpg

From another CB thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10904420
    sidhuk, bungaboy, georg4BB and 6 others like this.
    09-29-14 12:07 PM
    Anybody knows why mobl is up more than 9%? Everytime I see mobileiron trending near or over bbry I wonder what's wrong with this stock market...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:13 PM
    Anybody knows why mobl is up more than 9%? Everytime I see mobileiron trending near or over bbry I wonder what's wrong with this stock market...

Posted via CB10
    Only the Shorts can move this stock, haven't you heard ?
    snejpa likes this.
    09-29-14 12:20 PM
    FWIW, The Guardian's take on the latest Q's results:
    Ten things to know about BlackBerry - and how much trouble it is (or isn't) in | Technology | theguardian.com

I'll abstain from commenting...
    09-29-14 12:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because BlackBerry stole their customers.

It's like when iCloud got hacked and Apple went up, BlackBerry down.
    09-29-14 12:57 PM
    Open a thread in the Passport section on the forum. Crackberry threads have good visibility in Google Searches, it could help a lot of people that still think you can't have Instagram on BB10 (like a lot of reviewers)
    Alright I will! Just for good measure

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-29-14 01:11 PM
    Ten things to know about BlackBerry - and how much trouble it is (or isn't) in | Technology | theguardian.com

Thanks for sharing! That was one the best written articles I've read. It seemed to be well researched and objective. Let's hope BBRY can continue to execute and begin growing revenue in the coming quarters.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:13 PM

wrong headlines.
    they should be.
    'Ten worst things to know about BlackBerry - and definitely dead is all 10 of them. "
    09-29-14 01:38 PM
    09-29-14 01:44 PM
    Holy f�ke. A comedy of errors, that will have little to no effect on what the masses think of the os

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:01 PM
    Holy f�ke. A comedy of errors, that will have little to no effect on what the masses think of the os

Posted via CB10
    reading on the web, last earning call has really rattled some people's tail.
    for example. this article sort of taking hit at apple but right in the middle they have a video of chick comparing/mocking iphone 6 with blackberry 9700.
    LoL. dont watch near your lunch time. very very pukee cheesy.

Is Apple losing its cool in China? Scalpers already slashing prices of smuggled iPhones | Financial Post
    09-29-14 02:06 PM
    Graphs go back way too far in time to make this well thought out. To me it just looks like someone is trying to paint a bad picture.

Why would you look all the way back to 2000.

The whole point of a turnaround is that the key metrics and measures change.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:10 PM
    09-29-14 02:15 PM
    I have a feeling we will close green today.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-29-14 02:15 PM
113,256 ... 28842885288628872888 ...