View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's a mainstream consumer phone...
    But I would like to know what happens now at IBM headquarters. They need to sell these low quality consumer phones to their enterprise customers.
    BlackBerry would have fit so much better to IBM.

Posted via CB10
    Hint ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_012205_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:45 PM
    It's a mainstream consumer phone...
    But I would like to know what happens now at IBM headquarters. They need to sell these low quality consumer phones to their enterprise customers.
    BlackBerry would have fit so much better to IBM.

Posted via CB10
    I think you give IBM to much respect. What does IBM even do anymore. They are just trying to stay relevant. I see the apple IBM deal the exact same way I see apples and u2 deal. U2 is trying to force there album onto people who don't want it and are actually complaining about a free album. IBM now out of the hardware business they are becoming less and less relevant in the enterprise and need to hold on to apple tight so they can continue to be relevant. Both these partnership are acts of desperation

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    09-28-14 12:50 PM
    OT: Results of Consumer Reports smart phone bend test

Deformation Case separation
    HTC One (M8) 70 pounds 90 pounds
    Apple iPhone 6 70 pounds 100 pounds
    Apple iPhone 6 Plus 90 pounds 110 pounds
    LG G3 130 pounds 130 pounds
    Apple iPhone 5 130 pounds 150 pounds
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 150 pounds 150 pounds

"To stress test these phones, we used what�s called a �three-point flexural test,� in which the phone is supported at two points on either end, then force is applied at a third point on the top"

This doesn't exactly replicate the bending in the videos, but is a test nonetheless.

Bending in the videos are a 4 point test (two points in middle with much bigger contact areas being the thumbs) while there is some restriction to movement at each endpoint by the fingers.
    Agree with this and the practical problem is people finding them bent after having them in a pocket for a while. Meaning probably small amount of continuous or intermittent force against a leg pressed by fabric! If you think about it that is worse.

The demos in the video and the quasi-scientific test by CR are another, also serious, problem.

Time will tell. Common sense says the other ones CR tested have been available for a while and nobody mentioned the issue.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    StormieTwo and bungaboy like this.
    09-28-14 12:53 PM
    Anything about preorders in Germany??
    09-28-14 01:26 PM
    Quick Q, not about to search though 1000+ pages,

I'd like to monitor Blackberry's stock. There are several BBRY listings when I do a stock search. Which is the right one? Thanks in advance. Yes, I'm a total stocks idiott.
    09-28-14 01:35 PM

I'd like to monitor Blackberry's stock. There are several BBRY listings when I do a stock search. Which is the right one? Thanks in advance. Yes, I'm a total stocks idiott.
    BBRY for US dollars traded on the Nasdaq and BB (BB.TO) for CDN dollars traded on the TSX (Toronto Stock Exchange).
    Corbu, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-28-14 01:38 PM
    Agree with this and the practical problem is people finding them bent after having them in a pocket for a while. Meaning probably small amount of continuous or intermittent force against a leg pressed by fabric! If you think about it that is worse.

The demos in the video and the quasi-scientific test by CR are another, also serious, problem.

Time will tell. Common sense says the other ones CR tested have been available for a while and nobody mentioned the issue.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    I honestly can't tell if Consumer Reports is a consumer advocate or a corporate Salesforce...'cause, something isn't adding up here.
    If all other factors are equal then force required for deformation will decrease as length increases due to leverage. The numbers posted indicate the ip6 is less robust then the 6plus... really? The 6plus is thicker.
    Judging by the overall numbers they posted on their scientific test we seem to be reaching the maximum size for these materials.

Now if only somebody would make a phone with a stainless steel frame that was a little shorter and a little wider. Maybe with a touchpad keyboard?
    cjcampbell, CDM76, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-28-14 01:40 PM

As Cj said.....just go to www.nasdaq.com

Then enter symbol BBRY into the ticker search. I personally like marketwatch.com, I find their graphs better. They show buy sell momentum in real time.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-14 01:46 PM
    I see many more though, what are they? (see pic)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry.jpg
    09-28-14 01:50 PM
    If all other factors are equal
    And that is a bit of the problem with the CR test. All the devices are different sizes and the buttons are in different spots creating different weak points. Having a week spot near top or middle will behave differently when their test is applied. As well some phones will bend faster /easier if force applied to bottom while others if force applied to top. That also was not taken into consideration.

Now if only somebody would make a phone with a stainless steel frame that was a little shorter and a little wider. Maybe with a touchpad keyboard?
    That could be dangerous. We may not want to know those results. Especially from an Apple friendly "journalist".

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    09-28-14 01:51 PM
    I see many more though, what are they? (see pic)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry.jpg 
Views:	1599 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	301296
    BBRY is traded on the Nasdaq. It will give you the most real time. BB (BB:CA) is traded on the TSX, but it is just the tail wagged by the Nasdaq, Andis also 15 minutes delayed. BBRY is the one you want (the first one)

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:55 PM
    Apple is trying to sustain their own ship, which is sinking. Bad reviews,bad OS on release and the "bend-gate". Last but not least the 0-impact of both their IBM agreement and their 'pay-with-your-phone-feature'.
    The weirdest thing is that they keep selling their awful products as they are giving them away for free!
    Bad reviews, bad OS, Bendgate, Record Sales... oh wait...
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-28-14 02:01 PM

And that's the weirdest thing :-P
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-28-14 02:02 PM
    And that is a bit of the problem with the CR test. All the devices are different sizes and the buttons are in different spots creating different weak points. Having a week spot near top or middle will behave differently when their test is applied. As well some phones will bend faster /easier if force applied to bottom while others if force applied to top. That also was not taken into consideration.

That could be dangerous. We may not want to know those results. Especially from an Apple friendly "journalist".

Posted via CB10
    Just to be clear, I wrote "make" not "break".
    And for completeness sake, since JC challenged the media.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technol...service=mobile

BB10 4 ME
    09-28-14 02:06 PM
    Meanwhile in Dubai....

There are people from India flying in to shop for the new iPhones and BlackBerry Passports.
    onZnews | Gitex Shopper Day 2: iPhone 6 vs BlackBerry Passport? availability
    Corbu, cjcampbell, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-28-14 02:12 PM
    Exactly! The bending problem was just below the volume down button. CR tested the middle. Different area, different amount of force needed. Their test was meaningless since they tested the wrong area of the phone.
    rarsen, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-28-14 02:15 PM
    So im pretty disappointed. Finally got the money to buy a z30 but it doesnt support the lte band I need. Sad day

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-28-14 03:04 PM
    In a market where total number of smartphones shipped globally is increasing rapidly you would expect each release of the iPhone to be record breaking.

What they should really do is normalise this figure to the total number of smartphones shipped that year.

I think the picture would look slightly different.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:24 PM
    I love my passport!
    P.S. Get at me if you wanna know how to run instagram

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:08 PM

Yeah. Apple has created a myth around its products and this will work for a while, even when one iteration fails. But one strong part of the myth was, that Apple products have a high built quality. And this myth is almost destroyed now.
    Perception will change by time.
    I can imagine that iPhone 6 user are getting asked all time long if the phone is already bent, lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:59 PM
    So im pretty disappointed. Finally got the money to buy a z30 but it doesnt support the lte band I need. Sad day

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:10 PM
    I love my passport!
    P.S. Get at me if you wanna know how to run instagram

Posted via CB10
    Open a thread in the Passport section on the forum. Crackberry threads have good visibility in Google Searches, it could help a lot of people that still think you can't have Instagram on BB10 (like a lot of reviewers)
    09-28-14 05:15 PM

Switch to a carrier that supports the bands. Happy day

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-14 05:15 PM
    Switch to a carrier that supports the bands. Happy day

Posted via CB10
    Yea I wish but I'd go broke with the data charges

09-28-14 05:23 PM
    OT

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140928_192247.png

Geez... not sure I want a Passport now.

http://www.techienews.co.uk/9718623/...-profit-hopes/

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-28-14 05:25 PM
113,256 ... 28812882288328842885 ...