View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As a distributor selling at BlackBerry prices. Not a Carrier adding a markup. Example Bell selling Passport for $750 at present.
    Apples and oranges. DR gets paid from the BlackBerry price.

Carrier markup make no diff to the wholesale price and is inflated to encourage buying on contract.

Either way DR no doubt takes far less than the carriers

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-27-14 05:23 PM
    Is Bell selling now? Clueless manager at my local store had no idea...

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-27-14 06:37 PM
    Is Bell selling now? Clueless manager at my local store had no idea...

Eazzy Peazzy
    BlackBerry Passport from Bell Mobility | Bell Canada
    09-27-14 06:40 PM
    Thank you sir.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-14 06:58 PM
    Oh god no! I don't think we want BlackBerry taking ideas from apple!

BB10 4 ME
    Yeah, definitely not...we don't want to increase apps, we don't want better marketing, we don't increased sales. BBRY is getting it done their way, why would we want to mix things up?
    09-27-14 07:41 PM
    Yeah, definitely not...we don't want to increase apps, we don't want better marketing, we don't increased sales. BBRY is getting it done their way, why would we want to mix things up?
    Yeah...so why mock people? This comment is not constructive, helpful or informative....take this behaviour elsewhere..thx.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-27-14 07:57 PM
    Yeah...so why mock people? This comment is not constructive, helpful or informative....take this behaviour elsewhere..thx.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Apologies rosco if I misinterpreted...

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-14 08:06 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    I think you should you should read the thread. My original comment was about something that could those who find the Passport uncomfortable with respect to holding it up to there ear and it digging in. The comment made to me was not constructive and mocked me. I simply replied, period. My behavior was appropriate if you took the time to read. If you have nothing constructive to add to my comments without READING everything, then move along...

Edit: hadn't seen your last post...it's all good
    09-27-14 08:16 PM
    Well that's good...LOL

Eazzy Peazzy
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 09-27-14 at 09:07 PM.
    09-27-14 08:57 PM
    Yes. The margin on direct selling is higher.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I heard in an interview posted by someone here that the current margin was something like 46%!
    Lol. The snarky newsman said something like "that is close to Apples margins "
    Lol. That is WAY more than Apples margin, unless that has changed.

Could this be right?

Bold 9900, Z10, Z30, Passport
    CDM76, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-27-14 11:50 PM
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...#ixzz3EbayMvZB

"The best way to make BlackBerry cool again may be to admit just how uncool it is, and have a laugh."

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, smart548, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-28-14 05:40 AM
    That is a pretty good price.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-28-14 05:55 AM
    Harvest Time For A Ripe BlackBerry - June 2015

Harvest Time For A Ripe BlackBerry - June 2015 - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Summary

•Friday’s earnings brought no excitement to either bulls or bears – just boring systematic improvement in BlackBerry's financial health and ongoing operations.

•There are positive telltale signs on the accelerating pace toward a full financial turnaround by June 2015.

•BlackBerry issued 4.6 million software licenses in the last two quarters out of which almost one million customers are defecting from other Mobile Device Management competitors.

•Passport sales reached 200,000 units on the launch day and net income would exceed $1.1 billion if the new device can sell one million units.

•Revenue in hardware and service will increase by leaps and bounds starting February 2015; prepare for a bumper harvest in Q2 FY16.
    09-28-14 06:20 AM
    OT: iPhone 6 Plus: The Bend Uncut

"Published on Sep 26, 2014

This one if for the conspiracy theorists that claim I'm a fraud. This phone is more bendable than anything else I've tested. If you still don't believe me, pick one up for yourself. For the record, I use Apple products on a daily basis including a 12-core Mac Pro that cost me a fortune."
    09-28-14 07:09 AM
    OT for those BB Investors planning of buying a TESLA car, occasional articles appear in the attached site (you may want to get on their circulation list):

Does Tesla Need More Cash? Goldman Sachs Say Yes, Musk Says No | CleanTechnica

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/09/27/...san-francisco/

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/09/23/...now-available/
    Last edited by rarsen; 09-28-14 at 07:36 AM.
    09-28-14 07:26 AM
    OT for those BB Investors planning of buying a TESLA car, occasional articles appear in the attached site (you may want to get on their circulation list):

Does Tesla Need More Cash? Goldman Sachs Say Yes, Musk Says No | CleanTechnica

Tesla Model S Convertible Spotted In San Francisco | CleanTechnica
    With SpaceX winning the new US Government space supply contract, I'm sure Musk will have plenty of cash to draw upon when/if needed.
    09-28-14 07:34 AM
    OK, I quickly dug back through some of the previous reports to grab some numbers.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-quarterly-review.png
    For next quarter I made these assumptions:
    1) a continued decline in top line revenue of 50 million
    due to a continued decrease in Service and no increase in Software (yet)

2) a 500m reduction in expenditures due to BB7 falling to zero units (as discussed on this thread)

So if everything else remains the same, I come up with a GAAP of 398mil or 0.76 per share.
    I think my math must be wrong!

JC has stated 250mil for software this year and 500 mil next year. I don't expect software to increase next quarter but if it stays the same software for the year would be 277mil. JC is conservative to say the lease.

JC has stated we are only in the 4th quarter of an 8 quarter plan. I think we need to be mindful that if JC gets this thing turned around and we start seeing these kind of returns we will be in danger of becoming a buyout target and we'll all lose our chance to attend the 100$ party.
    09-28-14 07:53 AM
    Slow Sunday podcast...coming from the US this is encouraging:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2525...one-6-bendgate

Eazzy Peazzy
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-28-14 07:55 AM
    http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-conten...rip-handle.jpg

Sorry to get your hackles up. I assumed your original comment referred to something like the above picture. I can't say I think making an "attach case" for a Passport would be functional or fashionable. That's just my opinion.
    Bloomberg has already stated they will make a Passport only app to take advantage of the screen real estate. The Passport is doing an excellent job of marketing itself through word of mouth. BlackBerry doesn't have billions to throw at a marketing campaign and Apple seems to have a Z10 on their hands with 6plus (I Expect lots of returns). Most people are buying the ip6 though, so apple might be able to skate around the issue.
    Blackberry is currently not in the same league as apple. What works for Apple isn't going to work for BlackBerry. That's all I was saying.

BB10 4 ME
    09-28-14 08:25 AM
    OT: iPhone 6 Plus: The Bend Uncut

"Published on Sep 26, 2014

This one if for the conspiracy theorists that claim I'm a fraud. This phone is more bendable than anything else I've tested. If you still don't believe me, pick one up for yourself. For the record, I use Apple products on a daily basis including a 12-core Mac Pro that cost me a fortune."
    iPhone 6 And 6 Plus Bend Test - Consumer Reports News

Two days ago, the Internet erupted with photos of bent iPhone 6s, and a very-viral video of a guy creasing an iPhone 6 Plus with his bare hands. It seemed like a serious concern, yet everything about the uproar was highly unscientific. We don�t like unscientific, so we promised then that we would use our lab equipment to find out just how delicate the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus really are. We also promised to run the same tests on comparable smart phones. We�ve done that now, and our tests show that both iPhones seem tougher than the Internet fracas implies.

Our test
    To stress test these phones, we used what�s called a �three-point flexural test,� in which the phone is supported at two points on either end, then force is applied at a third point on the top�you can see the testing for yourself in our video. We applied and measured the force using a high-precision Instron compression test machine. Along with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, we tested the LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and HTC One (M8), and for those wondering about their old iPhones, we tested the iPhone 5 as well. We used one sample of each phone.

Yesterday, while we were testing and the "#bendgate" controversy was still swirling, Apple invited some journalists into its labs to show how the company stress tests iPhones. According to published reports, it seems that one of the tests Apple uses is the same three-point flexural test on a similar Instron machine.

The reports stated that Apple applies 25 kilograms (slightly more than 55 pounds) of force to an iPhone 6 Plus to test flex. What does 55 pounds mean in context? Using our Instron, we found that it's approximately the force required to break three pencils.
    Consumer Reports' tests pushed the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus much further than 55 pounds. We started light, applying 10 pounds of force for 30 seconds, then releasing the force. Then we increased the force in 10-pound increments, noted when the phones first started to deform (that's what our engineers call it) and stopped the test for each phone when we saw the screen come loose from the case.

The results
    All the phones we tested showed themselves to be pretty tough. The iPhone 6 Plus, the more robust of the new iPhones in our testing, started to deform when we reached 90 pounds of force, and came apart with 110 pounds of force. With those numbers, it slightly outperformed the HTC One (which is largely regarded as a sturdy, solid phone), as well as the smaller iPhone 6, yet underperformed some other smart phones.

Throughout most of our test, the LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 bent, then recovered completely from each step up in force. But at 130 pounds, the case of the G3 fractured. At 150 pounds of force, the Note 3's screen splintered and it stopped working.

Impressively, despite some serious damage from our Instron machine, some of the phones continued to work. Several of the screens illuminated and were functional to the touch; we even completed a call from one phone to another.

Below you can see the pictures of the smart phone carnage, but bear in mind that it took significant force to do this kind of damage to all these phones. While nothing is (evidently) indestructible, we expect that any of these phones should stand up to typical use.
    Results of Consumer Reports smart phone bend test
    Deformation
    Case separation
    HTC One (M8) 70 pounds 90 pounds
    Apple iPhone 6 70 pounds 100 pounds
    Apple iPhone 6 Plus 90 pounds 110 pounds
    LG G3 130 pounds 130 pounds
    Apple iPhone 5 130 pounds 150 pounds
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 150 pounds 150 pounds
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-14 09:24 AM
    OT: Results of Consumer Reports smart phone bend test

Deformation Case separation
    HTC One (M8) 70 pounds 90 pounds
    Apple iPhone 6 70 pounds 100 pounds
    Apple iPhone 6 Plus 90 pounds 110 pounds
    LG G3 130 pounds 130 pounds
    Apple iPhone 5 130 pounds 150 pounds
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 150 pounds 150 pounds

"To stress test these phones, we used what’s called a “three-point flexural test,” in which the phone is supported at two points on either end, then force is applied at a third point on the top"

This doesn't exactly replicate the bending in the videos, but is a test nonetheless.

Bending in the videos are a 4 point test (two points in middle with much bigger contact areas being the thumbs) while there is some restriction to movement at each endpoint by the fingers.
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    09-28-14 09:30 AM
    So bummed out no passport for Verizon. Hoefully there will be an announcement soon of US carriers
    kadakn01, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-28-14 09:39 AM
    Apple is trying to sustain their own ship, which is sinking. Bad reviews,bad OS on release and the "bend-gate". Last but not least the 0-impact of both their IBM agreement and their 'pay-with-your-phone-feature'.
    The weirdest thing is that they keep selling their awful products as they are giving them away for free!
    09-28-14 10:00 AM
    Apple is trying to sustain their own ship, which is sinking. Bad reviews,bad OS on release and the "bend-gate". Last but not least the 0-impact of both their IBM agreement and their 'pay-with-your-phone-feature'.
    The weirdest thing is that they keep selling their awful products as they are giving them away for free!
    It's a mainstream consumer phone...
    But I would like to know what happens now at IBM headquarters. They need to sell these low quality consumer phones to their enterprise customers.
    BlackBerry would have fit so much better to IBM.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-28-14 11:43 AM
    http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-conten...rip-handle.jpg

Sorry to get your hackles up. I assumed your original comment referred to something like the above picture. I can't say I think making an "attach case" for a Passport would be functional or fashionable. That's just my opinion.
    Bloomberg has already stated they will make a Passport only app to take advantage of the screen real estate. The Passport is doing an excellent job of marketing itself through word of mouth. BlackBerry doesn't have billions to throw at a marketing campaign and Apple seems to have a Z10 on their hands with 6plus (I Expect lots of returns). Most people are buying the ip6 though, so apple might be able to skate around the issue.
    Blackberry is currently not in the same league as apple. What works for Apple isn't going to work for BlackBerry. That's all I was saying.

BB10 4 ME
    It's all good I was referring to something else. There were complaints about when you hold the Passport up to your ear that the corners dig in to your temple and jawline. I was referring more to like a Velcro grip on the back of the phone to slip your hand into. I referenced what the VZW reps have for there store iPads, didn't actually mean that case specifically. Was just providing a potential solution for negative comments about the Passport. Of course I want it to succeed without needing to using Apple tactics. That said, I've used BB's going back to the 7120, Pearls, Curves, Torches, Tours, Bolds, Z10, Q10, and Z30 but recently switched to the iPhone 6 and really like it. However...I can't wait to get my hands on the Classic. If they truly integrate BB10 with BBOS correctly with the ToolBelt...I'll go back to BB in a heartbeat.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-14 12:44 PM
113,256 ... 28802881288228832884 ...