View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, wtf. Passport doesn't have an alt key. I knew I wasn't going crazy when I saw that.

Posted via CB10
    Rather have the apps design with don't need extra alt key press. If R can work on its own, why not rest of the shortcuts? LoL

The Passport. The Smart Phone
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-14 08:21 AM
    Let's me wander down memory lane and tell you all a little tale. Forgive me if the dates are off.

BlackBerry gave birth to the smartphone at the turn of the millennium,when they brought mobile email to enterprises wrapped in a security blanket.
    Apple unveiled the iPhone in 2007 and brought mobile media to the masses exclusively with one US telecom provider.
    The other telecoms looked to BlackBerry and demanded an iPhone killer. BlackBerry came up with the Storm in 2008 and we all know how that went. We could even say that is the point when BlackBerry "jumped the shark".
    Blackberry continued to grow on the strength of SAF for another three years until 2011.

At that point BBOS had been in the marketplace for about a decade and was well and truly past it's best before date. BlackBerry had tried to mimic the competition and BBOS was not up to the task.

Now we are in 2014. BlackBerry is trying to reinvent itself. They have birthed a new OS brimming with promise and wrapped it in the cherished security blanket that brought success to the first child of BlackBerry.

Apple has sold _10 million_ units of its latest,greatest, most magical, device to those who "think different". 10 million units of an iPhone that tries to mimic the competition. 10million units of a phone so thin the camera lens does not sit flush in the back. So light that the battery can't last a day. So delicate that is can be bent. So rushed that the phones can't support the health apps or even make phone calls.

Ladies and Gentleman, Apple has jumped the shark.

(With all due respect to Morgan at al.
    If I look to the past for a hint to the future, I predict that Apple stock will peak around 2017.)

BB10 4 ME
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    09-27-14 08:31 AM
    This is the magic right here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140927_073449.png

Hope it catches on.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    09-27-14 08:36 AM
    Appears Mike Blair is back on side:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2525...e-a-difference

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-27-14 08:51 AM
    A business show I was watching last night quoted Chen as saying more Passports would be shipping on Thursday of this coming week. Reported to be a "bigger" shipment as well.

Good to get them to the market while there is clamor for them
    CDM76, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-27-14 10:44 AM
    They should make a small attachable case with handle like the carrier reps have for their iPads they walk around with.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-27-14 10:51 AM
    They should make a small attachable case with handle like the carrier reps have for their iPads they walk around with.
    Oh god no! I don't think we want BlackBerry taking ideas from apple!

BB10 4 ME
    CDM76, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-27-14 11:00 AM
    Passport will be available on amazon.co.uk (3-10-2014)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-zrzut-ekranu-2014-09-27-o-18.22.40.png
    09-27-14 11:25 AM
    Appears Mike Blair is back on side:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2525...e-a-difference

Eazzy Peazzy
    He makes some good points about sales per $1B in market cap, however, the sold out signs came after 6 hours. So there is a demand that wasn't fulfilled yet. It could have been 300k units on the first day and his figures would be even better (pro-rata to Apple).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theRock1975; 09-27-14 at 12:22 PM.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-27-14 11:38 AM
    He makes some good points about sales per $1B in market cap, however, the sold out signs came after 6 hours. So there is a demand that wasn't fulfilled yet. It could have been 300k units on the first day and his figures would be even better (pro-rata to Apple).

Posted via CB10
    I guess we will see come December how much demand there rlly is

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-27-14 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm very positive at the 200k Passports sold because of this:
    -Most of these 200k phones were phones bought without people even trying one
    -I've seen a lot of interested people in it, but since is a "weird" phone, most people are waiting still to try one before buy
    -Most of the sales were be online for sure
    -Most were sold in US, Canada, UK, there's still an entire world waiting to simply be able to buy one like me, I still have no place to buy here in Portugal, and most countries are like me
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    09-27-14 12:25 PM
    The question is are the margins going to be better of the majority of them are bought from shop BlackBerry. No middle man

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:52 PM
    The question is are the margins going to be better of the majority of them are bought from shop BlackBerry. No middle man

Posted via CB10
    Yes. The margin on direct selling is higher.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:08 PM
    Yes. The margin on direct selling is higher.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I should buy it off shop BlackBerry over amazon then lol. I was hoping for a high end full touch but i dont think that will be here for another year atleast. Passport yells look at me so I'm not complaining

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-14 01:23 PM
    Hi gang! We're all very excited with the passport but...
    We're OT in a large magnitude
    Let's make threads in appropriate sections and just paste the link here, if you want !
    Cheers,
    Have a great weekend !

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you SF. So for most info plz follow links in this very informative passport article. LoL
    http://bgr.com/2014/09/26/blackberry...Genius+Report)
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...Berry_Passport
    The Passport. The Smart Phone
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-27-14 01:31 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;10891769]Wouldn't it just be insane if young people decided the Passport was a cult thing and everyone had to have it?

The first impressions video, buried, on the Financial Post Website
    First impressions of BlackBerry?s Passport smartphone | Financial Post
    shows a nice cross-section of people reacting to the phone. there seems to be a male/female division in the response, but is there...?

The Men:
    The Manager Type - he likes it, a lot. he's using a Q10.
    The Art Director type - switched to Apple a decade ago. He's invested in the eco system but maybe, if he didn't have the iPhone..
    The Tech Guy type- He's got a Nokia, he's sticking with WP but if you gave it to him he'd love it.

The Women:
    the IPhone Type - its big, too big to carry in a back pocket.
    The BBOS Type - She likes it, a lot too. But how to carry it?

So we see people in the workplace, being honest, the Guys all love the phone but want to stick to their current ecosystem. The Ladies think it's unwieldy it has some cool features but there is the ecosystem to think about again.

Who don't we see in the video? Young People, who inherit their parents ecosystem. Young People are known for their rebellious behavior. I suspect lots of teenagers in apple /android families who've never had a blackberry will give this a serious look, in the forced social environment of high school, early adopters of "the next big thing" can gain status. we saw it with sony walkmans, we saw it with diskmans we saw it with the iPod/iPhone... it will happen again.

Here's to the "P-squared" becoming the next "status" item!
    09-27-14 01:39 PM
    Passport will be available on amazon.co.uk (3-10-2014)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zrzut ekranu 2014-09-27 o 18.22.40.png 
Views:	1057 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	301005
    Much better price here:

Best Blackberry Passport Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals | Mobile Phones Direct
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-14 01:47 PM
    Does anyone else see the future of bb10 on a dual os phone. This goes along with there most recent company purchase. Image having a phone with 2 numbers and 2 os's. Personal number and plan with what ever os. Then having another number provided by your company which is on there carrier. This number could be locked to bb10. This might be a bit in the future but this is my vision of the future

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:55 PM
    Love the description too!

"Blackberry are making a huge comeback in 2014 along with their signature QWERTY Keyboard design, fondly remembered..."
    09-27-14 01:57 PM
    For those predicting new phones I think you should look at the 4 categories that they have created. I can't remember them off by heart, but it was something like: high end, enterprise, low end, and innovative.

If we look at 2014 this is z30, classic, z3 and passport.

I would imagine 2015 would look similar.

I think we will see a new iteration of z30/z10 an update enterprise fleet phone (classic 2), new low end z3 and the innovative category we may see a slider.

I get the feeling from blackberry this is there more experimental category.

I keep thinking of that patent image with the keyboard that you can slide in and out, this may be the iteration of the passport, ie it is the same as now, but only one row of keys is showing and you can slide out 3 more rows when you need them...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:22 PM
    BlackBerry is not in the habit of breaking down sales by device. You'll note that on Friday earnings call John Chen declined to offer breakout numbers on the Z3 separate from the total device sales number. Instead of hard numbers you'll get 'sales are extremely strong' or something suitably ambiguous.
    09-27-14 02:28 PM
    For those predicting new phones I think you should look at the 4 categories that they have created. I can't remember them off by heart, but it was something like: high end, enterprise, low end, and innovative.

If we look at 2014 this is z30, classic, z3 and passport.

I would imagine 2015 would look similar.

I think we will see a new iteration of z30/z10 an update enterprise fleet phone (classic 2), new low end z3 and the innovative category we may see a slider.

I get the feeling from blackberry this is there more experimental category.

I keep thinking of that patent image with the keyboard that you can slide in and out, this may be the iteration of the passport, ie it is the same as now, but only one row of keys is showing and you can slide out 3 more rows when you need them...

Posted via CB10
    In one of the interviews Chen said he'd like to do three models a year. If we exclude Porsche design, then we'll get classic II, PPII, and a Z3/10/30 replacement.
    By that point though, JC should be cash flow positive and software profits will have replaced service fees. SP should be north of 15. Then we'll have to worry about the debentures.

BB10 4 ME
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:45 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pas...able-singapore

Who's in Singapore that can give us an idea on sell through?

BB10 4 ME
    09-27-14 04:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    ShopBlackBerry uses Digital River

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-27-14 05:03 PM
    ShopBlackBerry uses Digital River

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    As a distributor selling at BlackBerry prices. Not a Carrier adding a markup. Example Bell selling Passport for $750 at present.
    09-27-14 05:12 PM
113,256 ... 28792880288128822883 ...