View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If the bes license margins are around 70-80% what is currently the SAF margin? 90% or so?

Posted via CB10
    When to number of BBOS Phones was high it was about 90% profit. Not so much anymore, some think it is a money loser now but unlikely.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    slipstream89 likes this.
    09-26-14 04:48 PM
    After-hours OT from the Related Technologies and Security files taken from today's FORBES Magazine:

Can Patrick Soon-Shiong, The World's Richest Doctor, Fix Health Care? - Forbes
    Partner of BlackBerry.

ShellShock Bug In Bash Could Spawn Worm - Forbes
    If you run Mac OSX you probably have used bash, it is the default terminal app. Shellshock is a “bug” in the way Heartbleed is a “bug.” There are lots of vulnerable machines.

Enjoy the weekend, we deserve it.
    09-26-14 06:16 PM
    I thought it was worth mentioning that Nov 4th, 2014 will be the 1 year anniversary since the sale fell through and John Chen was named as CEO of BBRY. On that day the stock closed at $6.49 and subsequently went down to touch $5.44 intraday on 12/10/2013.

Both days were a tough one for me personally as I almost gave up on BBRY and threw in the towel. To say that all of us were tested those days is an understatement.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone on this board that got me (us) through those days and the many other trying times. This board has been a personal lifesaver for me, where the frustration and fear would have otherwise driven me to abandon ship.

I am reminded of what a leadership change has done for companies like CHK and LVLT in the past 2 years. But more importantly, what a guru investor that does not outsource their fiduciary responsibilities like a large mutual fund company can do. The only reason John Chen is here is because of Prem Watsa and his motivation to recoup and eventually make money on this investment and to save an iconic brand. The same is true for the other 2 companies as well that I mentioned. In both LVLT and CHK, Mason Hawkins (of Southeastern Asset) was involved and Carl Icahn in the case of CHK. Ofcourse it was no coincidence that Prem also held LVLT previously as they all tend to swim in the same circles.

In any case I know I will be taking my family out to celebrate on November 4th, 2014. Hopefully you will all join in the celebration.
    09-26-14 06:29 PM
    I thought it was worth mentioning that Nov 4th, 2014 will be the 1 year anniversary since the sale fell through and John Chen was named as CEO of BBRY. On that day the stock closed at $6.49 and subsequently went down to touch $5.44 intraday on 12/10/2013.

Both days were a tough one for me personally as I almost gave up on BBRY and threw in the towel. To say that all of us were tested those days is an understatement.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone on this board that got me (us) through those days and the many other trying times. This board has been a personal lifesaver for me, where the frustration and fear would have otherwise driven me to abandon ship.

I am reminded of what a leadership change has done for companies like CHK and LVLT in the past 2 years. But more importantly, what a guru investor that does not outsource their fiduciary responsibilities like a large mutual fund company can do. The only reason John Chen is here is because of Prem Watsa and his motivation to recoup and eventually make money on this investment and to save an iconic brand. The same is true for the other 2 companies as well that I mentioned. In both LVLT and CHK, Mason Hawkins (of Southeastern Asset) was involved and Carl Icahn in the case of CHK. Ofcourse it was no coincidence that Prem also held LVLT previously as they all tend to swim in the same circles.

In any case I know I will be taking my family out to celebrate on November 4th, 2014. Hopefully you will all join in the celebration.
    Thank you! Nice to be in the boat with you and the others here.
    09-26-14 06:51 PM
    Nice to see these short cuts for CB app for passport.
    But not working on CB app.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_191137.png

The Passport. The Smart Phone
    theRock1975, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-14 07:12 PM
    Nice to see these short cuts for CB app for passport.
    But not working on CB app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140926_191137.png 
Views:	1282 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	300856

Well the R works at least ha

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-14 08:47 PM
    Really thinking of getting a passport.

In the last 18 months I bought a bold, z10, z30.

How can I justify this? I think I have a problem!

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to Berryholics Anonymous my brother, [Buy It!] I shall call you Tim. We all have [bUYiT] our problems that we have to deal with. Some of us are stronger [buY IT] and others need assurance and guidance through life. [Buuuuuyy it] Take my hand my child, and [buy iTTTT] we shall FIGHT strongly, together, side by side and TRiumph over this evil that men do.[BBBB B Buy it]

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:49 PM
    Well the R works at least ha

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, wtf. Passport doesn't have an alt key. I knew I wasn't going crazy when I saw that.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:36 PM
    Does anyone know if Chen was talking about a passport 2.0 getting shown in March at mobile conference in Spain or was he talking about new different devices all together

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:41 PM
    Hi all:

Here are some pics of the new passport:
    Enjoy! So jealous... and disappointed it's not yet available for VZW! I was ready to buy on day 1.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:51 PM
    In celebration of today's events, up in beautiful Northern Ontario!

Proud to have been with BlackBerry and this board through the tough times and as the turnaround is starting to show some light at the end of the tunnel

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_235247.jpg

Hopefully in December, I'll be drinking a Waterloo Dark instead of Amber. Cheers all!
    09-26-14 10:56 PM
    Does anyone know if Chen was talking about a passport 2.0 getting shown in March at mobile conference in Spain or was he talking about new different devices all together

Posted via CB10
    Both! He said he has another odd device, as well as another (smaller?) version of the Passport.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-26-14 10:58 PM
    Both! He said he has another odd device, as well as another (smaller?) version of the Passport.
    How can u have a smaller version of the passport?? Isn't the point of the passport is to be the size of a passport lol

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's possible he was speaking of the slider we saw a few days ago via the patent office.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-26-14 11:52 PM
    It's possible he was speaking of the slider we saw a few days ago via the patent office.

Wasn't those patents from 2009

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:15 AM
    The flash light on this thing is like a sunlight. Lol. After using passport for few hours, every other phone looks very strange and pony. I can see now why passport looks strange to most people. Lol.

09-27-14 12:20 AM
    Great. BlackBerry is finally seeking to partner with carriers in countries where BBM is used by greater than 10% of the smartphone population to have BBM replace SMS. I'm torn if this comes to the US. As a shareholder I say great. New revenue stream. But as a telco customer I say **** no am I going to pay 10000% profit margin rates for this service!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/...can-still-win/

"Today, we offer BBM-carrier partnership opportunities that fall into two broad categories.

The first is providing BBM to carriers as a channel for delivering ads, content, or payment solutions directly to their wireless subscribers. This is available in markets of BBM strength, where it?s used by over 10% of the smartphone population (in Indonesia, South Africa, etc.).

The second category is strategic partnerships. Together, BBM and carriers can combat IM apps and the mutual threat of reduction in SMS revenues through a co-branded BBM product called ?Messages.? It?s identical to BBM and supports customization of branding, content, and services within a standard framework.

We?re offering BBM as a free solution that offers carriers turnkey RCS support on a revenue-share basis. It?s a powerful response to the OTT players that are eradicating operator SMS business."
    09-27-14 12:42 AM
    And to quote a new user of the Passport:

Honestly, I bought this device because its different. I wanted to try something different, I was getting bored of the android interface. I was a bit skeptical about buying this phone since everyone says BB is dead. My surprises that this phone is pretty good...

From an Amazon review....pretty much sums up what we are seeing in the market place! Nice

Yeah, as guys here have mentioned, everyone thought my Z30 was an Android phone, but I get a lot of people comment on the Passport.
    Tonight at my son's hockey game, a pack of teenagers were eyeballing 'the beast', but probably couldn't figure out what the heck it was.
    Curious to see if Otterbox will dare to make a robust case for this.

Have a safe weekend guys.

Bold 9900, Z10, Z30, Passport
    georg4BB, bungaboy, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    09-27-14 01:56 AM
    The flash light on this thing is like a sunlight. Lol. After using passport for few hours, every other phone looks very strange and pony. I can see now why passport looks strange to most people. Lol.

I noticed this as well with the flashlight, it is so bright.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-27-14 04:56 AM
    Getting some preliminary numbers on how many will be in the initial hiring phase. Good start

http://m.guelphmercury.com/news-stor...-hiring-again/

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    09-27-14 06:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    He said that based on initial response there will be a passport revision eventually.

And in March I believe he said that a new concept device will be shown. I know what a concept car is so I don't know what to make of his comment.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:44 AM
    Wasn't those patents from 2009

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember when the patent was. However, put a touch capacitive keyboard on it. It would be a different kind of slider.

09-27-14 07:22 AM

I like how you can voice activate the light with assistant.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:41 AM
    Getting some preliminary numbers on how many will be in the initial hiring phase. Good start

BlackBerry is hiring again

Posted via CB10

Some tidbits from that article, for reference:

In the meantime, Chen is making fundamental changes to how the company does business.

Already he has introduced the EZ Pass Program, which allows corporate users to hook its employees up to the same device management system, regardless of whether they're using a BlackBerry, iPhone or Android device.

The technology has been free since it was introduced earlier this year, but Chen intends to start charging users a subscription-based fee to remain on the system.

"I suspect when we're all said and done there will easily be 10 million subscriber licences," he said.

BlackBerry is also pushing a more secure version of its BlackBerry Messenger service to corporate customers that will incorporate additional features like money transfer and a virtual conference service called BBM Meetings for an extra cost.

Monetizing BBM has been a goal of BlackBerry for over a year, though it hasn't disclosed any sales figures yet.

Active users on the platform grew to 91 million in the quarter from 85 million, while Chen says he wants to eventually make the service generate $100 million of revenue in 2015.

The company said Friday that more than 200,000 of its new Passport model have been ordered since it was released on Wednesday.

Chen said that's given him enough confidence to move ahead with another iteration of the device that will hit the market sometime in the future.

BlackBerry is also working to phase out its popular Bold model that helped sustain sales during its most troubled days, while it will introduce the BlackBerry Classic later this year.

Another new device will be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress meeting in Barcelona in March.

Chen said the company hasn't given up on the consumer market. But for now, business customers remain the priority.

"One thing at a time," he said. "I need to (recapture the base) of enterprise customers for this company to get back on track financially. I am by no means suggesting this is the only thing we're going to do."

BlackBerry noted that one of its key selling points � the security of its devices and network � will get even stronger with the recent acquisition of the German company Secusmart, which will provide secure voice and text communications.

"To put that in a little bit of context, BlackBerry has always been known as the leader in secure data with all the encryption technology, and of course we have BBM, which is highly secure," Chen said. "So we have data and messaging covered. With this acquisition we also cover voice and text."
    ibpluto, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-27-14 07:57 AM
    Hi gang! We're all very excited with the passport but...
    We're OT in a large magnitude
    Let's make threads in appropriate sections and just paste the link here, if you want !
    Cheers,
    Have a great weekend !

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:58 AM
113,256 ... 28782879288028812882 ...