1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They're pocketing them wrong

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:01 PM
    New Apple innovation, the bendable phone!!

Posted via CB10
    OMG!

It's been just a few days. Imagine how they will tear apart after a few months.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:02 PM
    New Apple innovation, the bendable phone!!

Posted via CB10
    Apple's version of curved screen...LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:07 PM
    Just wait for the same complaints about the Passport.
    I hope the superstructure of the Passport is rigid.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 06:09 PM
    This is a bit excessive, but the fact that he noticed a bend before applying any pressure, and there is a clear weak point, says a lot. All to save a few grams of weight. Keep the aluminium, but reinforce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=znK652H6yQM
    morganplus8 and theRock1975 like this.
    09-23-14 06:10 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140923_191531.png

After some force with the hand.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-23-14 06:19 PM
    it's kind of sad that even with a 20 percent sp jump we would still only be in the mid 12's

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:22 PM
    omg are you kidding me?!?! iphone 6 had an undisclosed feature if they told me the phone could bend to the curve of my face this is truly innovative. You know what screw it, forget the passport omw out to the apple store now!!

This is a bit excessive, but the fact that he noticed a bend before applying any pressure, and there is a clear weak point, says a lot. All to save a few grams of weight. Keep the aluminium, but reinforce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=znK652H6yQM
    09-23-14 06:25 PM
    This here has some better pics..

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/...nding-pockets/

Posted via CB10
    Lmao. The suggested solution is to not put it in your pocket. Oh, the irony!
    09-23-14 06:30 PM
    OMG!

It's been just a few days. Imagine how they will tear apart after a few months.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, simple physics really. The rounded edges act like a pipe, and therefore can be bent easier than the inherent strength of the 4 and 5 series iPhone with square shoulders.
    If this incident is isolated, then people will forget, but if it's not!...
    09-23-14 06:37 PM
    Yeah, simple physics really. The rounded edges act like a pipe, and therefore can be bent easier than the inherent strength of the 4 and 5 series iPhone.
    If this incident is isolates, then people will forget, but if it's not!...
    Sad thing is if it's not an isolated incident apple will probably hold a press conference and tell people that they are carrying it wrong. They will offer a man purse accessory to carry it in and all the fanbois will rejoice.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:44 PM
    Just wait for the same complaints about the Passport.
    I hope the superstructure of the Passport is rigid.
    It is a BlackBerry. Why would you have any concern?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:49 PM
    Yeah, simple physics really. The rounded edges act like a pipe, and therefore can be bent easier than the inherent strength of the 4 and 5 series iPhone with square shoulders.
    If this incident is isolated, then people will forget, but if it's not!...
    BTW, apologies if already posted, but here is a pic of some true design innovation:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iphone2a-630.jpg
    09-23-14 07:15 PM
    Sad thing is if it's not an isolated incident apple will probably hold a press conference and tell people that they are carrying it wrong. They will offer a man purse accessory to carry it in and all the fanbois will rejoice.

Posted via CB10
    Either that or Tim Cook will go on about how it's not their fault, and that people buttocks are too hard, etc.
    09-23-14 07:17 PM
    BTW, apologies if already lyrics posted, but here is a pic of some true design innovation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone2a-630.jpg 
Views:	1825 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	299921
    Every smartphone nowadays looks the same... The only different is really the passport.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 07:18 PM
    With Passport, BlackBerry bets on 'polarizing' device - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry Ltd.’s large, keyboard-laden Passport smartphone, set to be unveiled on Wednesday, so deeply divided company executives over the past few years that many doubted it would ever make it to market.

Since it was conceived several years ago, three successive CEOs have been skeptical about the project at some point, including present leader John Chen, insiders say. “This was very controversial in the company,” said one senior engineer who worked on the project. “Most people internally reacted negatively to it.” But the strong reactions in fact signalled to the company it might just be on the right track. “We weren’t looking for comfort. It had to stand out and be strong. The design had to be aggressive. Love it or hate it, it had to be polarizing.”

That, insiders say, is exactly what BlackBerry needs after years of dwindling sales. The Waterloo, Ont.-based company’s share of global smartphone sales stood at 0.5 per cent in the second quarter, down from 13.6 per cent three years earlier, according to market research firm IDC. Smartphones with keyboards – BlackBerry’s claim to fame – now account for less than 1 per cent of global sales.

At the same time, the smartphone market has matured and been commoditized to the point that many touchscreen devices appear similar in form and design: the new iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 have almost identical dimensions and appearances, with an all-glass front and a single button on front.

“Nothing interesting is going on,” the BlackBerry engineer said. “The Passport” – a hybrid with both a keyboard and a touchscreen – “had to be very different and cool and new and stand out.”

The Passport keyboard is different from past BlackBerrys because it has three rows of keys, not four, with the space bar nestled between the V and B keys. The Alt key has disappeared, and the shift key and numbers and symbols have been moved off the keyboard onto the touch screen. “It’s visually cleaner and simple,” one insider said. “If it was just seen as as more classic-looking, nobody would care. We found a way to break that.”

Somehow, the odd-looking device – with a screen measuring 33/4 inches squared, about an inch wider than the BlackBerry Q10 – has survived the tumult of recent years, including management overhauls, failed product launches, an abandoned privatization and heavy downsizing.

The question now is whether the Passport will catch the fancy of business users it is intending to woo. BlackBerry is expected to report second-quarter revenue of about $1-billion (U.S.) and a loss of about 16 cents a share on Friday. Mr. Chen has promised the company will return to positive cash flow next year. Much of that depends on the success of the Passport and another keyboard device, the Classic coming this fall. The two products “give [BlackBerry] a reasonable chance to achieve cash flow break-even ahead of schedule,” CIBC analyst Todd Coupland said in a note.

Passport’s route to market can be traced to patent filings that show the company was working on key features on the device as early as seven years ago, based on details released by the company so far (it is keeping most features under wraps until 10 a.m. Wednesday). That includes the three-row keyboard and the ability for the entire keyboard to double as a trackpad when a thumb is swept across it.

By the late 2000s, some customers were pushing for devices with larger screens, which led to the company’s failed PlayBook tablet. Passport was conceived be the size of an actual passport, aimed at busy executives who preferred typing on a physical keyboard but wanted a bigger screen. “As the name implies … the format is inspired by a traveler’s passport, a familiar and universal symbol of mobility,” Passport designers said recently on a company blog.

Former co-chief executive Mike Lazaridis liked the screen size but felt it was too drastic to alter the keyboard, say people familiar with the matter. Successor Thorsten Heins and other executives were skeptical because Passport tested poorly with focus groups. But it had staunch defenders who protected the product in part by arguing that if companies were led by focus group feedback that “you’d make an iPhone every time,” one insider said. They felt market research about such an unusual device was deceiving, citing other products that succeeded despite initial skepticism.

Finally, in 2013, the Passport was placed on the company’s product “road map.” Prototypes were ready by early 2014, when a new group of executives under Mr. Chen joined. Even he wasn’t sure about it, they say. “When you first see the phone, people said it is the world’s smallest phablet or the world’s largest phone,” Mr. Chen said in June. When the product was shown to carriers this year, several responded favourably, and it got the final green light.
    09-23-14 07:19 PM
    Great posts today..thx to all.

Eazzy Peazzy
    cjcampbell, Mr BBRY and Corbu like this.
    09-23-14 08:04 PM
    09-23-14 08:15 PM
    Had to share this lol:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140923_195820.png

Eazzy Peazzy
    Mr BBRY, cjcampbell, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    09-23-14 08:58 PM
    Great posts today..thx to all.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Agreed. Great stuff on here as usual as we ramp up for the excitement tomorrow and ER on Friday.

Forgive me for being blunt, but I have to say I feel there has been a little too much Apple talk on here lately. Don't get me wrong, I think it is very important we understand our competitors and talk about strategic similarities and differences between them and BlackBerry. And I think Apple makes a great case study in many ways, being an industry leader and "cough" innovator "cough". I get it that they just launched a new phone and smart watch and that is relevant to BlackBerry. But it seems the bashing has reached an all time high in here (and elsewhere). I'll be the first to point out my opinions towards some of their products inferiority and how iSheep praise and follow the company like lemmings, but I think we should go about it with a little more class. When we carry on it almost comes off as jealousy or whining sometimes. Any way, I am glad to see what appears to be the start of the end of Apple's reign. They did many great things and shaped the mobile handset business for almost a decade, but the tide appears to be changing. Apple might have rode the iPhone and iPad wave as far as it can go and there may be a golden opportunity for a certain company that many of us are quite fond of to recapture some market share back. So enough about Apple... Go BlackBerry, go!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:24 PM
    It is a BlackBerry. Why would you have any concern?

Posted via CB10
    I can just picture some doofus from engaget or other BlackBerry slagger sitting his fat *** on it and posting about how "flawed " it is to the flock.
    I just recently read some person post here about how crappy the build quality was on the Z30 because he broke the screen when he claims to have dropped it on a carpeted floor.
    We all know that the Z30 is a tank.
    I remember how solid it felt the first time I picked one up.
    The haters hate and love to tell everyone they can.
    09-23-14 09:38 PM
    ....enough about Apple... Go BlackBerry, go!
    Effin' cheers to that.

Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-23-14 09:47 PM
    Either that or Tim Cook will go on about how it's not their fault, and that people buttocks are too hard, etc.
    And then he will press home the fitness aspects that Apple is incorporating into the phone and tell the flock that they need to slim down with Apple's assistance, and that they need to buy the watch also to be healthier so that they don't break the phone.
    09-23-14 09:51 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140923_201011.png

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 10:11 PM
    09-23-14 10:29 PM
113,256 ... 28582859286028612862 ...