View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OPTIONS: Straddle Prices for Stocks of Companies due with Quarterly Results this Week

BlackBerry (BBRY) September weekly 11 straddle priced for 9.5% move.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    09-22-14 02:25 PM
    Lol, I think WOW could mean just about anything.

It was my reaction to the "Strategic Options"
    ...and the surprise profit last quarter
    ...and the Superbowl commercial
    ...and the Foxconn partnership
    ...and the time I wasted checking out the iPhone 6

Besides, it's Sir Chen, the guy's brilliant. Obviously he has some big news. Especially since he has already essentially launched the Passport, bit-by-bit.
    CDM76, Mr BBRY and georg4BB like this.
    09-22-14 02:29 PM
    Just picked up 50s @ $10.90/share. Let's see what happens...
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-22-14 02:42 PM
    Pretty good:
    BlackBerry cheat sheet
    http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=447135
    sidhuk, laketrout73, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    09-22-14 02:53 PM
    Ok.
    Anyone can speculate in any direction with my "wow" that can basically mean anything.
    Morgan, thanks for the warnings, both about the NDA and the massive salt quantity anyone should apply to this generic heart shout.

Take it for what it worth. Not much more than what you probably know.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-22-14 at 03:09 PM.
    09-22-14 02:55 PM
    Ok.
    Anyone can speculate in any direction with my "wow" that can basically mean anything.
    Morgan, thanks for the warnings, both about the NDA and the massive salt quantity anyone should apply to this generic heart shout.

Take it for what it worth. Not much more than what you probably know.

Posted via CB10
    If it had anything to do with how hot the women are that are part of the presentation and you didn't take pics.....I will be seriously upset .....just saying

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-22-14 02:59 PM
    09-22-14 03:37 PM
    Meh, not really sure how popular it is anyway. Not huge news, but good things to know I guess.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:56 PM
    Just watching CTV's BNN show Market Watch. The talking head (Randy) was going on about how the Passport just looks dumb and no one asked for it and no one will want it. He then called BlackBerry "RIM". At that point I realized he had no idea what he is talking about.

Then he went on to say how Apple sold 10m new iphones in 3 days and how great the device is and how innovative it is. The other talking head (Kathy) said "really? That's innovative? Apple hasn't innovated anything in years". Randy's reply was "they don't have to innovate". Hahahha. Reminds me of the philosophy surrounding BlackBerry years ago. LoL. He is a simple fool with no idea what he's talking about. LoL

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:58 PM
    BlackBerry Passport to take centre stage Wednesday | Toronto Star

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passport.jpg

BlackBerry Passport to take centre stage Wednesday

The 4.5 inch device with a touch sensitive QWERTY keyboard and extended battery life is “designed from the ground up for the working professional in mind,” the company says.

BlackBerry’s Passport smartphone is expected to take centre stage Wednesday at launch events in London, Dubai and Toronto — part of a series of product rollouts this year that underpin the Waterloo company’s latest turnaround attempt.

The wide screen, square-edged handset will sell for $599 (U.S.) without a contract in the U.S., CEO John Chen told the Wall Street Journal Monday in an interview from Singapore.

Tech bloggers said the device will likely land in retail outlets in markets including Canada within weeks and will be priced at a similar level outside the U.S. allowing for the impact of currency exchange and local tax rates.

Chen said pricing for the premium Passport undercuts competing devices from Samsung and Apple and could help win large upgrade orders from corporate customers.

BlackBerry is working to generate sales in a global smartphone market where growth is increasingly focused on lower-priced segments.

The company has been forced to defend the hefty, wide design of the Passport saying the screen will show 60 characters compared to about 40 for most rectangular phones — and has been crafted for reading highly detailed documents such as medical charts and spreadsheets.

The 4.5 inch Passport with a touch sensitive QWERTY keyboard and extended battery life is “designed from the ground up for the working professional in mind,” the company says in a blog post.

Along with the Passport, Wednesday’s event could also reveal details about the introduction of BlackBerry Blend, a service that lets users connect to BlackBerry phones from desktops, laptops or tablets.

BlackBerry might also offer launch specifics for its Classic Q20 smartphone and more information on its BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12 update planned for November. The company in December is expected to showcase a cloud storage offering from its QNX embedded systems unit.

Analysts said the Passport and Classic are critical to the company’s future, but it will take some time before its known if professionals and consumers are embracing the products.

Chen has targeted a return to growth for BlackBerry next year and the company’s quarterly earnings report Friday could offer insight on whether the plan is on track and give details on cash burn, services revenue declines and subscriber loss.

Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette said BlackBerry will highlight growth in its messenger service after introduction of the Windows Phone version and its EZ Pass licenses and Z3 sales.

“We expect an in-line quarter that demonstrates financial and operational stabilization ahead of key releases in the coming quarter.” He added it will be difficult to judge the new products because releases are weighted towards the end of the calendar year.

“No bad news will be good news,” Faucette said in a note. He is targeting cash burn below the previous quarter’s $255 million, $899 million in revenue and a 21 cent per share loss.
    Mr BBRY, morganplus8, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    09-22-14 04:07 PM
    Cheat Sheet
    -$0.16 EPS
    $954M rev

Guidance will be key as usual.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-22-14 04:18 PM
    Prediction: within 12-18 months the Passport will be a status symbol in the business world.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 04:20 PM
    Prediction: within 12-18 months the Passport will be a status symbol in the business world.
    even better , the issue will be how does BB one up the Passport , people getting itchy already for the next one
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:26 PM
    Hi Morgan, any thoughts on THLD please? Rough day...
    Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    09-22-14 04:26 PM
    Publicity Idea : BlackBerry should issue press release or open letter to Apple offering their expertise in security solutions and willing to provide guidance and consulting regarding how to improve icloud security.

Would be on every news channel, news paper and blog online. Would be epic!!!! And inexpensive

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:28 PM
    Publicity Idea : BlackBerry should issue press release or open letter to Apple offering their expertise in security solutions and willing to provide guidance and consulting regarding how to improve icloud security.

Would be on every news channel, news paper and blog online. Would be epic!!!! And inexpensive

Posted via CB10
    And providing a complete solution that actually works (free for one year).
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't stoke a fire that can come back and burn you. MSM and the non-thinking tech blogs of the world would jump at the chance to once again say that Android and iOS security is equal to or better than BlackBerry's. They've done it before and will do it again. But with a force and endurance that will equal the "BlackBerry is dead" mantra.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:49 PM
    What is wrong with these people...

Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-22-14 04:49 PM

I wonder how many of those people are there for business purposes, reselling the phones in China's black market.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 04:59 PM

A lot...an awful lot. there is no justification for the insanity of waiting in that line.....none.

I think it says a lot about those people.....and it ain't good....LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 05:10 PM
    Hi Morgan, any thoughts on THLD please? Rough day...
    OT ALERT !! - THLD,

Hi _dimi_ !!

I don't know if you read my response a couple of weeks ago regarding THLD and its sudden rally to plus $ 5.00/shr, at that time I suggested that it was a buy when it drops back to support under $ 4.30/shr, (I believe). And so I expected that the news of a major brokerage firm high-lighting the stock as a Strong Buy would burn off in the days ahead and we would have another chance to purchase the stock at more normal price levels. Well it didn't take long for the stock to retreat to support, but today was also a news day with the company telling us that their TH-302 had been reviewed and it was determined that the study needed to continue. In addition, the study requires an n value of 434 deaths before the blind study could conclude thus forcing the company to delay their expectation of a conclusion to the study by roughly 4 - 6 months.

What you have now is a study that needs to be completed (even though the study is one where patients are expected to die, there is no hope of a fast track proposal here), there is a cost for doing that complete study, and, it is delayed by a few months. On a day when all biotechs were hit hard, this one was taken to the bottom of its support range. I like the investment, I don't like the delay but these things happen and we have to roll with the changes. The only way they can modify the out-come of this decision is if there is a clear deviation in the number of lives remaining versus the placebo group, we know the company is in the dark (blind study) when it comes to the minute data so the change/benefit of TH-302 will have to come from others.. In any event, we aren't going to see new/interim data for several months and so the short-term effect is to sell the position today. Nothing has really changed here, the study must continue until n=434 and then we'll hear more about the data. Hope this explains it for you? The question is, how much of the inflated stock price included a chance at a fast track?
    09-22-14 05:49 PM
    iPhone6 is not available for release in China. 85% of those lining up are Asian.

iPhone 6: Where China's grey market hits the sidewalks of New York

A filmmaker documents the wait, the switch and the payout � plus a bit of NYPD rough stuff.

Anybody who has stood in line waiting to buy a new iPhone knows the score: Many, if not most, of your fellow line sitters are paid to be there. They are the foot soldiers in a chain of resales that leads from the Apple Store, through Hong Kong, to mainland China, where the devices command a premium on the grey market. (See The Chinatown connection.)
    iPhone 6: Where China's grey market hits the sidewalks of New York - Fortune
    09-22-14 05:57 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Of course "wow"! This phone rocks!!! And is priced to sell well, IMO.....

Really love what BlackBerry ceo Chen is doing..... in bringing back the Brand....

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-22-14 06:00 PM
    Remember. Some people are paid to wait in those lines ! Some tech companies will pay ppl to wait in line wearing their clothing, as a marketing gimmick. It's sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 06:02 PM
    Of course "wow"! This phone rocks!!! And is priced to sell well, IMO.....

Really love what BlackBerry ceo Chen is doing..... in bringing back the Brand....

Posted via CB10
    But why is he pre-releasing everything passport relayed? We have pics and videos and specs and now the price. What is left for Wednesday?

He's got to be holding something back. And maybe Chen will borrow a line from apple with "but wait. There's more". Maybe something not even Passport related? What will the surprise be on Wednesday? Blend? Partnership? World domination?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 06:07 PM
113,256 ... 28542855285628572858 ...