View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-19-14 11:04 PM
    OT : Apparently ios security is a priority!!!! Even though they claim that the OS always was and has been secure the whole time. What a joke. LoL

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ap...rity-1.2771650

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-19-14 11:38 PM
    OT : Apparently ios security is a priority!!!! Even though they claim that the OS always was and has been secure the whole time. What a joke. LoL

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ap...rity-1.2771650

Posted via CB10
    When it comes right down to it both ios and Android are fundamentally flawed when it comes to security. Android being owned by a company that makes money on your personal information and ios owned by American company that can be controlled by the government. No matter how secure both of them are (they arn't) they will never be as secure as blackberries just because of thoses facts alone.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:04 AM
    OT: Corporate Tax Dogers

Global watchdogs take on the corporate tax dodgers

Global watchdogs take on the corporate tax dodgers - The Globe and Mail

" . . . Political leaders, particularly in the United States and Europe, have angrily accused world-straddling companies such as Apple Inc. and Google Inc. of failing to pay their fair share, demanding the companies explain structures that allow them to funnel profits into low- or no-tax jurisdictions. . . ."

" . . . When a European Google executive insisted that the company’s tax strategy was legal, Margaret Hodge, the British MP chairing the public accounts committee, responded: “We’re not accusing you of being illegal, we’re accusing you of being immoral.

". . . Perhaps the most dramatic of the OECD proposals, however, is also the simplest: Multinationals, for the first time, would be forced to disclose their profits, and tax paid, on a country-by-country basis to all tax authorities where they operate. This information, which the OECD says would not be made public, would give tax authorities a global picture of a company’s tax bills, and could raise questions about why a certain company locates profits in far-off places where it appears to have few employees or operations. Several observers call this a “game changer.” . . . "
    09-20-14 06:05 AM
    Four more sleeps for some real innovation:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bx-klficmaitrbz_edit.jpg

Eazzy Peazzy
    rarsen, cjcampbell, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    09-20-14 07:02 AM
    When it comes right down to it both ios and Android are fundamentally flawed when it comes to security. Android being owned by a company that makes money on your personal information and ios owned by American company that can be controlled by the government. No matter how secure both of them are (they arn't) they will never be as secure as blackberries just because of thoses facts alone.

Posted via CB10
    Except that neither Google nor Apple are in any danger of being spun off and sold to the highest bidder anytime soon. That's something isn't it? How secure can you be if your hardware division could be purchased by Foxconn or whatever for a couple billion dollars?
    09-20-14 07:22 AM
    Except that neither Google nor Apple are in any danger of being spun off and sold to the highest bidder anytime soon. That's something isn't it? How secure can you be if your hardware division could be purchased by Foxconn or whatever for a couple billion dollars?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-7-.jpg

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-20-14 07:29 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images(7).jpg 
Views:	1653 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	299044

Eazzy Peazzy
    I seriously just LOL'd.....pure gold

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    09-20-14 07:32 AM
    We have a little thing called the FCB...they can't be sold to just anyone...please educate yourself before making such statements. thx.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-20-14 07:34 AM
    I seriously just LOL'd.....pure gold

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    My work here is done...lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-20-14 07:36 AM
    We have a little thing called the FCB...they can't be sold to just anyone...please educate yourself before making such statements. thx.

Eazzy Peazzy
    This is common knowledge yet most of the companies that have been considered as acquirers were non-Canadian so they must feel that it isn't insurmountable.
    09-20-14 07:41 AM
    Any evidence to support your statement that BlackBerry can be purchased by Foxconn?
    As far as I know, the Canadian government rejected Lenovo's bit to buy BlackBerry when it was undergoing "strategic planning".
    09-20-14 07:42 AM
    Don't feed the troll. Some people in these parts are known to be bias to certain fruity brands.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 08:20 AM
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberryunleas...into-freefall/

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    09-20-14 08:46 AM
    Eazzy Peazzy
    Over at BNN Kevin Paul Scott, co-founder, ADDO Worldwide agrees with you, at least in part.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-scott.jpg

BNN - Watch TV Online | iPhone 6 fated to fizzle
    09-20-14 08:47 AM
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberryunleas...into-freefall/

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    I hope he is still 'working' in the shadow for BlackBerry/crackberry like that articole is suggesting :-P But I don't think he is. Coincidence,that's it. But for sure what he posted can be one of the first public demonstration on how Apple is beginning their slow decline. Apple need to do something extraordinary if they don't want to lose their power in the mobile market! Every day I am far more confident that the next months will be fundamental for BlackBerry. Android is 'stalling', Apple is not shocking anymore and Windows is not gaining traction (at least compared to the company expectations). That's the time BB! Come on with Passport, Blend and Classic! Let's spread the news that BlackBerry is really back and has all the right to gain much more attention and market share! #BlackBerryisBack
    georg4BB and bungaboy like this.
    09-20-14 09:22 AM
    Hey, (OT) I have been thinking about this for a while, but the Passport being called like that because it is passport size, wouldn't it be great if an actual digital passport could be kept securely on the phone? Given the strength of BBRY when it comes to security, they would be the platform of choice for this to be offered... ePassports have been produced for a while now, but while they call them electronic passports, there is nothing much electronic other than the information kept on a chip, physically embedded in the passport. Looking at how BBRY can make financial transactions secure, one would think they could do the same with a digital version of a passport...

Now if only someone could suggest this to our decision makers, that would be great! I am just throwing the idea out there,,,
    Why not...
    There's a place where you can ask for that : http://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

Yet, passports now embed a lot of critical information (incl biometrics) and issuer authenticity verifications that would make it slightly difficult. Definitely worth a try though !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-20-14 at 06:27 PM. Reason: missing /
    09-20-14 09:31 AM
    Interesting tidbit from a passport thread from someone using it.

The image below is what happens when you swipe down on the passport keyboard. Those symbols appear above the Keyboard. However, they are all mapped to the keyboard as shown and so you never need to touch the screen, just hit the corresponding key.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140920_083752.png

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    09-20-14 10:39 AM
    Guess whose sponsored car is on P1 and P2 tomorrow...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20140920-101230.png

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, smart548, dusdal and 7 others like this.
    09-20-14 11:13 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bx-KlFiCMAItRbz_edit.jpg 
Views:	2537 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	299037

Eazzy Peazzy
    These pictures looked photoshopped. Despite the difference in viewable picture area there should be some overlap given how close the two cameras are. But the meat is laid out horizontal in the Passport and vertical in the iPhone. So I get the idea, but I think the message is lessened because now I think the pictures aren't real.
    09-20-14 12:04 PM
    These pictures looked photoshopped. Despite the difference in viewable picture area there should be some overlap given how close the two cameras are. But the meat is laid out horizontal in the Passport and vertical in the iPhone. So I get the idea, but I think the message is lessened because now I think the pictures aren't real.
    You ever think one might be using digital zoom

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:40 PM
    I suspect it's two different pieces of meat.

Use the yellow sauce (iPhone view) and the odd balls of whatever on top left (passport) as landmarks.

09-20-14 12:44 PM
    I applied a filter to it before posting...looks nicer me thinks.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-20-14 12:47 PM
    Hey M-8

I know im being optimistic here but if we see a great passport launch event and a great ER the price will obviously pop but my question is at what price should be look get out at because after the pop it is bound to drop a little bit as it always has. Should be wait to let the dust settle after to ER or would you sell if and when it pops
    Hey jake simmons3!!!!

A BBRY question!! Thanks

I always watch the price of the stock, the volume at that time and the resistance levels. Right now, if we try to trade above the recent 52-week high, we move the RSI indicator above 70 and that means we are short-term over-bought. This doesn't mean that we can't remain over-bought for 3 more weeks and $ 2.00 to $ 3.00 higher from today's $ 11.00 level. So I'll be watching for the news first, the strength second and resistance all the way up to $ 13.50/shr. I'm on record as saying I believe we are going to $ 13.50 - $ 14.00 this year, mostly in the final month of this year. So for me, I'll be ready to sell some stock into strength (retirement acct only) on this run, and, if it looks like a minor retreat in the price to refresh, I'll hold the stock to the end of the year. The best rallies often occur in the first month of a new year so don't sell yourself short here. A strong Passport (quantifiable) uptake could send the stock much higher here. Let's get into the ER/launch news and make our decisions then, I'll be around for that.

Great posts everyone, we just got back from the US but I have been following this thread.
    cjcampbell, Corbu, sidhuk and 14 others like this.
    09-20-14 12:52 PM
    I suspect it's two different pieces of meat.

Use the yellow sauce (iPhone view) and the odd balls of whatever on top left (passport) as landmarks.

I used the horizontal vegetable stem in the upper right of the Passport and the two right most pieces of meat in the Passport as reference points between the two phones. You can see the horizontal stem and the upper curved piece of meat in both photos. In the iPhone picture the upper piece of meat has a vertical stem pointing to it. That stem isn't obvious (and looks missing to me) in the Passport picture.

That's why I said, given how close the two cameras are to each other, there should be more overlap of the pictures so you can easily tell the two cameras are pointed at the same object. The amount of zoom shouldn't matter since there should be more and clearer reference points to make the link that the two subjects are the same.

It could be different pieces of meat. The photo hides the subject plate behind the phones. But all this tells me that the shot could have been planned better so I have no question of its authenticity.
    09-20-14 01:29 PM
113,251 ... 28492850285128522853 ...