View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

"Nothing is, has ever been or ever will be as good as these phones. I would rather look at them than watch my firstborn child smile for the first time. I would rather touch them than stroke a unicorn fashioned out of a giant living self-aware diamond or dance on a hyperspace rainbow in heaven with a chorus of triple-breasted supermodels wearing pants made of liquid gold to the music of an orchestra of detonating supernovas conducted by ******* Mozart."
    09-18-14 07:31 PM
    OT for after hours as many BB Investors have interest in all new electronic technologies and improved quality of the user experience:

4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch ? The Register

The breakthrough news, though, was official confirmation that there will indeed be a 4K upgrade to the Blu-ray specification. UHD-powered Blu-ray MKII is now tentatively scheduled for a late 2015 introduction.
    �We�re getting to a point where viewers will have to do a double take, because they�ll be seeing spectral elements in a picture that mimic reality. The first movie to be processed in 4K was actually the Disney classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in 1993.
    �We have an engineer in the (PHL) lab who says that while maybe you can�t see the difference initially, you can feel the difference. I used to scold him for that, saying that�s not an argument, but sure enough after a little while of viewing this stuff when I go back to a Full HD panel the first thing I notice is the pixel grid in the display, and it bothers me.�
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-18-14 07:52 PM
    Can't touch this.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1411088867766_631860.jpeg

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    3_M4N, bungaboy, georg4BB and 4 others like this.
    09-18-14 08:08 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ho...each-1.2770827

I hope home Depot suffer huge loses. You don't care about security? You want to use outdated toy phones? You will suffer great financial losses. I can't wait until they get hit again.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 09:08 PM
    Can't touch this.
    Apparently some have taken this seriously and this is the result. I'm assuming 70 seconds at 800 watts:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wave1.jpg
    09-18-14 09:09 PM
    Can't touch this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411088867766_631860.jpeg 
Views:	2664 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	298709

Enough about apple and their outdated iPhones. Yes we all know iphone is the oldest most outdated OS and who uses the most outdated technology on the smartphone market. We all know iphone6 is nothing more than a 2012 Nexus. We all know apple is losing market share everyday. Anyone using an iPhone is a clueless fool but they have a right to use outdated technology and pay a premium for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 09:13 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ho...each-1.2770827

I hope home Depot suffer huge loses. You don't care about security? You want to use outdated toy phones? You will suffer great financial losses. I can't wait until they get hit again.

Posted via CB10
    I feel your sentiment, but I don't think that this was a mobile phone relates issue.

Clearly, the Home Depot needs to up their ante in their IS department, because if they dropped BlackBerry for iPhone in their exec dept. That speaks for itself in saying that their IT backbone probably follows the same suit.
    09-18-14 09:59 PM
    Dug out an old news clip because I wanted to know if this was based on a rumor. Anybody know?

--------------
    ... Even the U.S. Military has reversed direction on what initially appeared to be their intention to support Apple devices.

According to an article at Nextgov.com:

?A Pentagon system intended to secure a mix of brand name smartphones for warfighters will primarily support BlackBerrys when the tool starts launching later this month, according to Defense Department officials.

About 80,000 BlackBerrys and 1,800 Defense-owned Apple and Android-based phones and tablets will begin being hooked up to the new management system on Jan. 31, officials announced on Friday.?
    bungaboy, CDM76, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    09-18-14 10:04 PM
    Microsoft lays off 2,100; axes Silicon Valley research

Microsoft lays off 2,100; axes Silicon Valley research - The Globe and Mail
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    09-18-14 10:17 PM
    Dug out an old news clip because I wanted to know if this was based on a rumor. Anybody know?

--------------
    ... Even the U.S. Military has reversed direction on what initially appeared to be their intention to support Apple devices.

According to an article at Nextgov.com:

?A Pentagon system intended to secure a mix of brand name smartphones for warfighters will primarily support BlackBerrys when the tool starts launching later this month, according to Defense Department officials.

About 80,000 BlackBerrys and 1,800 Defense-owned Apple and Android-based phones and tablets will begin being hooked up to the new management system on Jan. 31, officials announced on Friday.?
    The android and iOS devices are for trials probably.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:25 PM
    Can't touch this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411088867766_631860.jpeg 
Views:	2664 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	298709

MrBurns2U, Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    09-18-14 10:29 PM
    Watched Fox Business and they showed a picture of a Q10 to lead in their next segment about texting and driving... for what it's worth, at least we're not completely irrelevant lol. However, I'd much rather text on a qwerty keyboard than a full touch screen

Attachment 298680

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    Obviously people only text on BlackBerries. No other phone is capable of texting.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    georg4BB, 3_M4N, ibpluto and 3 others like this.
    09-18-14 11:49 PM
    Yesterday's news but for reference:

From WSJ Southeast Asia Edition:
    BlackBerry Bulks Up its Mobile Money Features in Indonesia - Southeast Asia Real Time - WSJ

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bn-ep684_inbbm_g_20140919030758.jpg

JAKARTA, Indonesia—It’s a rainy rush hour in Jakarta and you’ve miraculously managed to hail a taxi. But when you go to pay, the driver doesn’t have change. Soon, BlackBerry will have a solution for that thanks to new features on its BBM Money application.

The app is already available in Indonesia and only Indonesia – one of the biggest markets for the Waterloo, Ontario-based company.

BlackBerry Ltd launched a pilot mobile payment system last year using the popular messaging application, or BBM, in cooperation with Bank Permata BNLI.JK +2.69%, one of the nation’s best-known consumer banks.

The current application offers basic mobile wallet services, such as telephone and electricity bill payments. Users can also buy cellular air time (as long as they’re in Indonesia) and perform banking services with Permata all through their BlackBerry devices.

Later this year, BlackBerry will add more features, one of which will allow users to book and pay for taxis using the BBM Money application, as well as book and pay restaurant bills.

“In the future, you may be working in Singapore, but you can transfer air-time from Telkomsel [a telecom company] to your relatives in Indonesia,” Matthew Talbot, BlackBerry’s senior vice president for emerging solutions, said Thursday.

With the new BBM Money, users can shop online with less hassle than with many other methods of online shopping, regardless of who they bank with or whether or not they have a bank account. They’ll also be able to use the service with other operating systems, such as Android and iOS.

Mr. Talbot says BlackBerry is upbeat about the success of BBM Money in Indonesia given that BBM is one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the country. The company has seen the number of active monthly users grow by 150% in the past 12 months.

It’s likely to help that BBM Money is well suited to Indonesia, where debit card penetration is still relatively low at 11% but the growth of e-commerce is the second-fastest in the world after China.

After launching in Indonesia, BlackBerry will look to launch the application in other places, such as Latin American, that have market conditions similar to Indonesia, Mr. Talbot said.
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-19-14 06:06 AM
    I really want BBM money to come to North America. I would use it pretty regularly.

OT: Apple's and U2's publicity stunt seems to be back firing lol

Analyzing Apple's U2 Mistake - Forbes
    09-19-14 06:38 AM
    09-19-14 08:04 AM
    Samsung trying to release tizen in November

http://seekingalpha.com/news/1991285...en-in-november

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    09-19-14 08:22 AM
    Samsung trying to release tizen in November

http://seekingalpha.com/news/1991285...en-in-november

Posted via CB10
    Why do they bother? They want in on enterprise and government, why not simply license BB10. It already has capability to run Android apps and is secure to allow them to make devices for government, an area they desperately want in on for their device business.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-19-14 08:52 AM
    Luke Wilson of The Skeleton Twins openly plugged BlackBerry today on Kelly and Michael Live (had TV on in background). Said he tried iPhone but went back to BlackBerry!
    09-19-14 08:57 AM
    http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...yonthewall.com

BlackBerry global units stabilizing, says ITG Research
    ITG expects BlackBerry global units to be just under 2.6M units for quarter-over-quarter growth of approximately flat vs. down 24% previously. The firm expects hardware stabilization to provide a floor to users on the BlackBerry OS ecosystem, which will benefit other businesses.
    sounds fair, we have a floor to work from. and the number is in the area of 10M units annually ..... if memory serves me correctly, thats the territory they need to be to turn profit.
    W Hoa, Corbu, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    09-19-14 09:01 AM
    Morgan Stanley Comments On BlackBerry Ltd Prior To Q2 Earnings

In a note published earlier Friday morning, Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette provided some insight into what he expects out of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) in the second quarter.

Faucette commented, "We expect an in-line quarter that demonstrates financial and operational stabilization ahead of key releases in the coming quarter." He added it will be difficult to judge the health of the company's new products as its releases are staggered towards the end of the calendar year.

Due to the lack of new product releases, Faucette said "no bad news will be good news." He is looking for BlackBerry's cash burn to come in under last quarter's $255 million and is modeling $133 million. In addition to this, he is looking for operating expenditures to continue on the path to 51 percent of revenue.

Faucette ended by noting he expects results to be largely in-line with his expectations of $899 million in revenue and $(0.21) in EPS. Faucette currently rates BlackBerry at Equal-weight and has not yet set a price target.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-19-14 09:08 AM
    Luke Wilson of The Skeleton Twins openly plugged BlackBerry today on Kelly and Michael Live (had TV on in background). Said he tried iPhone but went back to BlackBerry!
    Right..... in the background. lol

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:17 AM
    Ahh the very credible James Faucette!

"“We believe BB10 is likely to be DOA,” James Faucette, a Pacific Crest analyst in Portland, Oregon, said in a report. He has the equivalent of a sell rating on the shares. “We expect the new OS to be met with a lukewarm response at best and ultimately likely to fail.”"
    09-19-14 09:36 AM
    "We estimate BBRY could approach cash flow break-even as early as its November quarter with a successful Passport launch."

http://www.opptrends.com/2014/09/bla...-next-quarter/

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Last edited by 3_M4N; 09-19-14 at 12:45 PM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    09-19-14 09:39 AM
    Right..... in the background. lol

Posted via CB10
    He was likely busy cleaning his knife...which got bloody from fighting a bear...which interrupted his wood splitting.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-19-14 10:06 AM
    I walked by the apple store this am (downtown MTL). The line snaked along the whole block, twice! And inside of store is filled with people. One guy, on that side of the street, was filming the whole line as he walked by.... I thought, maybe he's a blogger or wants to put it on twitter or something... nope. He just filmed until he joined the very end of it. What is wrong with people? Don't people have more important things to do than wait in line for hours (for what appears to be yesterday's technology)? [I seriously see no point in this, as they survived this long without it, waiting another week or two and saving their time/sanity is surely worth more than getting a phone the first day it's available?]

On a more on topic note, sorry guys, I have the reverse midas touch as well... the second I add to my BlackBerry stock (yesterday) the prices end up going down...

Posted from my Z30
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-19-14 10:08 AM
113,256 ... 28472848284928502851 ...