View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    HALO OT: More great news, Halozyme Announces SWOG Will Resume Clinical Trial of PEGPH20 In Combo with Modified FOLFIRINOX for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
    Here we go again with the efficient markets at work. HALO is down slightly today on this positive news... SMH!

The same goes for BBRY. Down today but holding well above support of $10.80. I apologize for the jinx when I said we'd climb higher in the $11's yesterday. I need to face up to the fact that I am just not fit for predicting the day-to-day price action, so I'll go back to my place as a long term investor who ignores the short term moves that make no sense (to me at least), which are probably being manipulated by institutional investors and day traders. Since I had the "steel balls" to hold through the past two years of nonsense and the patience to let BlackBerry get their act together, I shouldn't be focusing on what happens in one day/week/month of trading. As long as they fundamentally perform well and execute on a plan that makes sense, I'm all in. My trading philosophy is to simply to pick winners with strong financials and high risk / reward ratios. The key is knowing when the race is over. For BlackBerry, I don't expect it to end any time soon.
    09-18-14 11:35 AM
    Hey, (OT) I have been thinking about this for a while, but the Passport being called like that because it is passport size, wouldn't it be great if an actual digital passport could be kept securely on the phone? Given the strength of BBRY when it comes to security, they would be the platform of choice for this to be offered... ePassports have been produced for a while now, but while they call them electronic passports, there is nothing much electronic other than the information kept on a chip, physically embedded in the passport. Looking at how BBRY can make financial transactions secure, one would think they could do the same with a digital version of a passport...

Now if only someone could suggest this to our decision makers, that would be great! I am just throwing the idea out there,,,
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-18-14 11:46 AM
    comedy 101. watch cramer says blackberry and shifts the focus. sorry guys for putting you right through it. this guy is full of ....... "it is breakthrough and it is everything that samsung has" LoL
    Software privacy competition | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance
    Mr BBRY, jxnb, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-18-14 11:46 AM
    Hi guys, under heavy load again. Reading as much as possible, etc.

Just a word about what to expect in E.R : they (as of date) never mixed product/service announcement and E.R.
    I guess if announcement has to be made it will be the 24th. Lucky you you'll know it in the minute (or so ! )

Posted via CB10

No worries mate, we gotcha covered.

Edit: we have the world covered.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-18-14 at 12:09 PM.
    Corbu, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-18-14 11:50 AM
    Hey, (OT) I have been thinking about this for a while, but the Passport being called like that because it is passport size, wouldn't it be great if an actual digital passport could be kept securely on the phone? Given the strength of BBRY when it comes to security, they would be the platform of choice for this to be offered... ePassports have been produced for a while now, but while they call them electronic passports, there is nothing much electronic other than the information kept on a chip, physically embedded in the passport. Looking at how BBRY can make financial transactions secure, one would think they could do the same with a digital version of a passport...

Now if only someone could suggest this to our decision makers, that would be great! I am just throwing the idea out there,,,
    You've been eating those fermented ground apples again, haven't you!?
    )=

Seriously, I would not out it bast BlackBerry to get into anything security with what they have revealed lately, so kudos foe thinking outside the box.
    bizzarothor and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-14 12:11 PM
    comedy 101. watch cramer says blackberry and shifts the focus. sorry guys for putting you right through it. this guy is full of ....... "it is breakthrough and it is everything that samsung has" LoL
    I repeat what I said a year ago regarding CNBC using Jack Welch's line: "Fix it, sell it or close it" and my opinion has not changed since.

Note: This was while answering a CNBC survey, I haven't been contacted by them since then...
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    09-18-14 12:11 PM
    Why does it look like he has to do a number 2 in his pants everytime he is talking , im being serious here it looks like he was on the verge of crapping his pants
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-18-14 12:22 PM
    $10.80 is broken. any idea where is next stop? or tomorrow's options?
    09-18-14 12:37 PM
    BlackBerry could hit ?cash flow break-even? one quarter early | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd. could surprise investors next quarter by reaching “cash flow break-even,” something CEO John Chen promised would happen by fiscal 2016.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based company is preparing to launch its new high-end smartphone on Sept. 24, known as the Passport. Steven Li, analyst with Raymond James, said a successful launch could be the catalyst for BlackBerry to return to break-even.

“We estimate BBRY could approach cash flow break-even as early as its November quarter with a successful Passport launch,” he said.

The company will report its second quarter, fiscal 2015 results on Sept. 26. Most analysts are expecting smartphone shipments to decline year-over-year, a trend BlackBerry has been dealing with for some time.

But Mr. Li said better-than-expected sales of the new Passport could create a trading opportunity for investors, with shares having the potential to move higher from the current price of $11.88.

The upside is only likely to be temporary, however, said Mr. Li. The continued decline in the services side of the company continues to put pressure on BlackBerry and Mr. Li is still cautious on whether the company can offset services declines with revenue from other areas.

“[That] keeps us on the sidelines,” Mr. Li said.

He has a 12-month price target of $10 a share for BlackBerry and rates the stock as market perform.
    09-18-14 12:39 PM
    The Waterloo, Ont.-based company is preparing to launch its new high-end smartphone on Sept. 24, known as the Passport. Steven Li, analyst with Raymond James, said a successful launch could be the catalyst for BlackBerry to return to break-even.

�We estimate BBRY could approach cash flow break-even as early as its November quarter with a successful Passport launch,� he said.
    I would suggest that the elimination of certain patent royalties, with a savings of $200 million per quarter, will be a bigger catalyst to cash flow being positive.

Some of the intellectual property (IP) expenses linked to patent royalties BlackBerry pays out to third-parties are due to expire by November 2014. Mr. Coupland noted that Blackberry�s annual fixed costs for these are approximately $800-million, but are set to fall to zero.
    BlackBerry expected to be cash flow positive by Q4 2015 | Financial Post
    CDM76, jxnb, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-18-14 01:10 PM
    http://www.berryreview.com/2014/09/1...hybrid-device/

Clever innovative design for a slider. IMO

Link to the Patent.
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...yboard&OS=&RS=

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 09-18-14 at 01:33 PM.
    CDM76, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    09-18-14 01:13 PM
    So Wtf is happening today? BlackBerry down over 30 cents on TSE. Guess was just too hopefully that we could hold those $12+ prices.

Oh well. 8 more days and we'll be off again.... I hope.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-18-14 01:17 PM

Link to the Patent.

I am so glad that Apple didn't patent this one. It is a smart design that would not take up the screen real estate.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-18-14 01:52 PM
    So Wtf is happening today? BlackBerry down over 30 cents on TSE. Guess was just too hopefully that we could hold those $12+ prices.

Oh well. 8 more days and we'll be off again.... I hope.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry my fault. I bought more yesterday - always drop after I buy.
    Andy_bb_king, rarsen, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    09-18-14 02:07 PM
    Sorry my fault. I bought more yesterday - always drop after I buy.
    I have that problem too. Except this time I bought LAST week.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:34 PM

Link to the Patent.

These graphs on the patent remind me of the 4 years I spent drawing similar sketches, as I was a graphical illustrator for a big law firm that specialized in patents and industrial designs. If I haven't worked on a thousand Nortel patents at the time I haven't seen a single one. Crazy thing is that if you give me a pen, I can't draw anything.

I remember drawing many new inventions relating to cellular networks. Mind you I was so young at the time, I did not have much interest in the inventions themselves.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, W Hoa, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    09-18-14 03:08 PM
    These graphs on the patent remind me of the 4 years I spent drawing similar sketches, as I was a graphical illustrator for a big law firm that specialized in patents and industrial designs. If I haven't worked on a thousand Nortel patents at the time I haven't seen a single one. Crazy thing is that if you give me a pen, I can't draw anything.

I remember drawing many new inventions relating to cellular networks. Mind you I was so young at the time, I did not have much interest in the inventions themselves.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds so interesting. Thanks for sharing with us.
    rarsen, bizzarothor and sidhuk like this.
    09-18-14 03:18 PM
    More on this new "visa". After passport. Lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1411071742946_525442.jpeg

bungaboy likes this.
    09-18-14 03:24 PM
    I have that problem too. Except this time I bought LAST week.

Posted via CB10
    I follow you guys' lead. Bought today!
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-14 03:30 PM
    More on this new "visa". After passport. Lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411071742946_525442.jpeg 
Views:	1198 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	298671

Is Mastercard is the codename for their fitness watch?
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    09-18-14 03:45 PM
    Watched Fox Business and they showed a picture of a Q10 to lead in their next segment about texting and driving... for what it's worth, at least we're not completely irrelevant lol. However, I'd much rather text on a qwerty keyboard than a full touch screen

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140918_155154.jpg

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    09-18-14 03:56 PM
    Data breach spurs lawsuit on behalf of Home Depot?s Canadian customers - The Globe and Mail

Not Sure if it is posted yet but there is now a lawsuit against Home Depot for the data breach. It illustrates how big of a risk each company is taking for lack of security.
    rarsen, bungaboy, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    09-18-14 03:59 PM
    Just thought I'd like to share my time traveling story with everyone.

BlackBerry will be pushing 15 by the end of the month

But I'm all seriousness I'm very interested in seeing if anything else is announced with the launch of the passport. Was it the amazon app store announced before last er. What will it be this time?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry branded android phone exclusive to amazon with amazing specs that every spec chaser will want?

Could be designed by a certain Chinese manufacturer with no waterlooean aware.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 04:55 PM
    Apple truly is yesterday's technology. You to can buy 2012 technology in 2014 while being told it's new. The flock will continue getting smaller for apple.

Posted via CB10
    The existing flock are zombies up the advertising engine though.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:10 PM
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09...e_by_humanity/

Off topic, but a really funny read. Excerpt:

These phones will prove by sales to be the best, the most brilliant, the crowning, ultimate, gloriously superb splendid orgasmic pinnacle of achievement, not just of the ****ty human race but of God Himself in all of the universe - no, all Gods and all Gods-of-Gods, of all universes - throughout space and time and other dimensions as yet unknown to infinity and beyond.

The Taj Mahal is a crock of ****; Helen of Troy was a total munter; the Sistine ******* Chapel is a teenager's bedroom poster of a bird playing tennis with no pants on, now. A million billion alien races probably exist out there in the universe but WHO THE **** CARES because THEY DON'T HAVE THE iPHONE 6.

Nothing is, has ever been or ever will be as good as these phones. I would rather look at them than watch my firstborn child smile for the first time. I would rather touch them than stroke a unicorn fashioned out of a giant living self-aware diamond or dance on a hyperspace rainbow in heaven with a chorus of triple-breasted supermodels wearing pants made of liquid gold to the music of an orchestra of detonating supernovas conducted by ******* Mozart.
    09-18-14 07:22 PM
113,256 ... 28462847284828492850 ...