View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry for one more OT comment, but I can't keep this one to myself any longer. Has anyone checked out TGTX today? 11.47 Up 1.48(14.76%) 12:56PM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price. I don't know who was paying attention, but on 6/12/14 I asked Morgan what he thought and he replied with the following:

"Nice gain today!! A 52-week high, 6 X normal volume, it blasted through it's prior high and did it on no news and closed pennies from the high!! Do I sell stocks that perform that well ..... never. It's like saying that BBRY had bad revenues today so we'll jump right in on that day's news and buy the stock because it is down 15%. Then the next trading session comes along and we see another 15% down and by the third day, it begins to slow down. TGTX is that kind of trade in reverse. I fully expect some kind of news to go along with that gain. There is only 40 MM shares outstanding so this one can move higher tomorrow. Nice company, interesting pipeline, a ton of cash and a small float, if you can hang in there .................. you can make some serious money."

I held my shares, based on Morgan advise and which ran up to $11/share in early July. It then corrected an overbought issue and dropped back into the $7's, which allowed me to double my holdings and bringing my average price up to $6.10. Now we are right back to a 2-year high and this stock is on fire. I think I'll hold a while longer and see how high it can go. Man biotech's are fun! Thanks again for the great advise, Morgan. Now back to BBRY!
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    09-17-14 12:14 PM
    So the P'9983 has the specs of the Q10 but the body of the...Porsche Design P'9983. That's fine. The people purchasing this device know what they're paying for, let it be. Like most things out there, you're literally paying for the brand with this one. Again, that's fine. If I was wealthy enough to purchase a Porsche, the type of processor my phone has would be one of the least of my concerns.

I also hear they push 70k of these devices every year. At those prices, that's not too shabby.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-14 12:24 PM
    So the P'9983 has the specs of the Q10 but the body of the...Porsche Design P'9983. That's fine. The people purchasing this device know what they're paying for, let it be. Like most things out there, you're literally paying for the brand with this one. Again, that's fine. If I was wealthy enough to purchase a Porsche, the type of processor my phone has would be one of the least of my concerns.

I also hear they push 70k of these devices every year. At those prices, that's not too shabby.
    Any idea how BlackBerry and PD share the revenue? Should be the highest margin phone they sell. My guess $400-$500

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-17-14 12:33 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files included high price iPhones at Harrods in London included to provide some smiles. Noting the prices (in English pounds double Canadian currency numbers) on these iPhones did not in any way raise my interest in acquiring what IMHO perceive as inferior technology needed to be changed on the short term. Just shaked my head as did not appeal to my practical side. But different strokes for different folks !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140911_060253.jpg
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    09-17-14 12:39 PM
    Any idea how BlackBerry and PD share the revenue? Should be the highest margin phone they sell. My guess $400-$500

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    No idea, but yeah, it probably is their highest margin phone. After all the debacle that's occurred with BlackBerry, it's good to see them still release these devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 12:45 PM
    A year ago this would have really annoyed me but now I just shake my head at the stupidity of such news:

01:20 PM EDT, 09/17/2014 (MT Newswires) -- BlackBerry Rolls Out Third Smartphone Collaboration With Porsche - Shares Slip

In U.S. trading, BBRY is down 0.1% in afternoon trading
    09-17-14 01:16 PM
    OT: Kudos to Rogers. But, it seems these warrants are so easy to get. You'll never know if they are creeping you unless they charge you! Pretty scary.
    OT: The article doesn't articulate what kind of warrantless requests are being made. The only kind now approved and used by RCMP are those that require immediate intervention to protect the safety of an individual. For example some who is threatening suicide and no one can find them. Police can try pinging the phone as an emergency to locate them. Or to locate a kidnapping victim. Another is when someone calls 911 then hangs up the phone prior to being connected with a 911 operator, or not giving any information to the operator. These are all "requests for information " but are a) Legal and b) used to ensure safety of persons (which trumps ANY court case).

Virtually any other request from RCMP require a warrant, signed by a judge. And warrants are not that easy to get. They often take hours of work (3-8 depending on complexity) to write and prepare and then need supervisors review.

With under staffing and increasing workloads no RCMP officers will write a warrant "just for fun" or because wants to see what can get. It's not like TV, it's not that easy to get and not that easy to write up. With other files competing for your time and efforts warrants are only written when absolutely required.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 01:18 PM
    A year ago this would have really annoyed me but now I just shake my head at the stupidity of such news:

01:20 PM EDT, 09/17/2014 (MT Newswires) -- BlackBerry Rolls Out Third Smartphone Collaboration With Porsche - Shares Slip

And now Shares Rally. (up 0.16%)
    09-17-14 01:25 PM
    I wish there was a Porsche Design Passport too. This one has small screen like Q10. That's so last year's phone in new box!
    Give it a year

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 01:25 PM
    And now Shares Rally. (up 0.16%)
    Wait. I wanted to buy some more. Oh well. Lol

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    09-17-14 01:39 PM

They probably meant something like "shares are down 90% from their 2008 highs"

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    09-17-14 03:23 PM
    OT: Ben, shake your moneymaker. LoL

B.C. too ‘laid back’ for China’s state-owned businesses

B.C. too ?laid back? for China?s state-owned businesses - The Globe and Mail

“Local people have such a laid-back lifestyle,” one Chinese executive said. “They never work in a hurry, nor work overtime. They leave the office as soon as it hits five o’clock.”
    09-17-14 04:32 PM
    Oh hohoho...looks like Tomi Ahonen has turned his sights onto Apple, now that Elop's Nokia business is no more. Check out his blog at communities-dominate.blogs.com.

His Sept 16th post is about "Lets Discuss the iPhone 6 Models - Apple now in 'me-too' mode only following the leaders"

His Sept 9th post was about "Enter The iFlop, What Will Be Seen as First Apple Failure After Steve Jobs - But the first edition Apple Watch will of course sell massively to iSheep"

If you've never read Tomi's blog, be prepared for some really long, but well researched posts about the world of mobile. During the past two years he focused a lot on ripping apart Elop's Nokia. He was probably the most accurate forecaster of Nokia's sales doing that period. And boy did he hate Elop. Anyway he's a good read for mobile market trends in various markets.

(BTW, he doesn't really focus on BlackBerry as even he admitted a while back that he didn't really understand BlackBerry.)
    09-17-14 04:45 PM
    OT:

Android Browser security flaw could affect 40% of Android users

Android Browser security flaw could affect 50% of Android users

Originally posted http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10854231
    09-17-14 04:52 PM
    Yo, I just realised the things I write don't always make sense *facepalm* haha. You guys are too nice, you should point it out. I just keep on typing without thinking twice.

Pumped for next week, getting more and more excited now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bilaal; 09-17-14 at 05:11 PM.
    09-17-14 04:58 PM
    Today was a great day for BBRY because even though we lost a few pennies, we're holding above $11 like a champ. I think we'll close the week a little higher and creep towards $11.59 by 9/24 without breaking it of course because we don't want to disturb any technical indicators (RSI over 70). I can see going into the Passport launch and earnings release right below that $11.59 mark and blowing right past it on solid results or a big announcement and not looking back. Either way, we have one exciting week ahead. Cheers and GL!
    09-17-14 05:18 PM
    09-17-14 05:49 PM
    Nice read

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-17-14 05:55 PM
    09-17-14 06:12 PM
    IPuke
    09-17-14 06:19 PM
    OT:
    More OT stuff on Google's dealings with the European Commission
    BBC News - NewsCorp: Google is a 'platform for piracy'
    09-17-14 06:44 PM
    We need a "hate" or "barf" button for posts like this instead of the traditional "like" or "thanks".

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    09-17-14 06:54 PM
    Just thought I'd like to share my time traveling story with everyone.

BlackBerry will be pushing 15 by the end of the month

But I'm all seriousness I'm very interested in seeing if anything else is announced with the launch of the passport. Was it the amazon app store announced before last er. What will it be this time?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-17-14 08:29 PM

But I'm all seriousness I'm very interested in seeing if anything else is announced with the launch of the passport. Was it the amazon app store announced before last er. What will it be this time?

Posted via CB10
    You mean besides the passport and classic?
    Likely just profits. Can't see them buying other companies if they aren't already profitable.

As for unexpected news? I'm thinking another partnership. Hopefully will someone like SAP, sales force or Healthcare Software Solutions.

Alternatively they could provide more information on another device such as maybe the health-care specific one or a new touchscreen.

Then again, this is all purely speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 09-17-14 at 11:29 PM.
    09-17-14 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Blend! It should make a splash

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-17-14 09:50 PM
113,256 ... 28442845284628472848 ...