View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT for the Related Technologies and Security crowd, thought provoking:

U.S. government to Yahoo: Comply with PRISM, or we'll make sure you go bankrupt | ZDNet
    09-16-14 10:52 AM
    This is not the first time we have been left at the alter on great news. When the PegPH20 Phase II trial came back to market we failed to rally at all, we haven't seen the stock go up on the cellulose data nor did we get a sustainable lift on the fast tracking of PegPH20. So you have to wonder why we aren't hearing from the company, nor are we seeing a typical response by the brokerage houses. The only thing that I can speculate would be happening is that a Fund is using today's news to take advantage of the high volume and sell their position. Many Biotech stocks got whacked today, but this one shouldn't have been one of them for sure. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
    OT ALERT: HALO

Morgan,

Another down day for HALO... let us know if anything has changed from your past synopsis. Otherwise, I'm digging deeper into my pockets to load up more shares under $9. Thanks! Cheers!

PS - Great comment by fedakd questioning efficient markets! I struggled with this for years with BlackBerry, when stock price action didn't make sense to me. It turned out to be signals that my thesis (or timing) was wrong and the price dropped. I held through the drop and watched my holdings increase back to levels I was comfortable with. It turns out that taking the long position in a company with a strong balance sheet and big future potential canceled out the short term static. Great lessons in investing for me!
    09-16-14 10:57 AM
    09-16-14 11:04 AM
    Rumor that T-Mobile will carry the Passport?
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-14 11:10 AM
    I though that was debunked a few weeks back when that photo was deemed to be a fake?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:11 AM
    OT for the Related Technologies and Security crowd, thought provoking:

U.S. government to Yahoo: Comply with PRISM, or we'll make sure you go bankrupt | ZDNet
    I often wondered if this was what was happening to BlackBerry. Could be an explanation why they are clearly hated more in the US then anywhere else in the world.
    09-16-14 11:19 AM
    Morgan+8!:

Thanks for the great chart and analysis on BBRY! I think your $13.50 prediction is modest and I'm setting my expectations slightly higher because I believe there is a good chance we will post a net profit by Q3 FYE2015 earnings release in Dec '14. If BBRY is cash flow positive by year end, I can't see this stock any less than $15 / share. I'm also basing my guess mainly on modest success in device sales (Passport and Z3) and BES10 adoption followed by some key analyst upgrades, larger funds moving into BBRY and sentiment improvement. All other vertical integration with IoT, QNX, BBM, and NantHealth would be a wild card(s) along with value added services from Secusmart and Mortivu. All of this coupled with Chen's rightsizing of this company, I see 2015 as the year to trump whatever success we see in 2014.

NOTE: Obviously my outline above is my blue sky scenario. It's been quite a journey we've all been on with this stock and I've been wrong many times before. However, I maintain my cautiously optimistic perspective. I think John Chen and his team can unleash some much higher valuations in the years ahead.
    Mr. BBRY!!

We aren't far apart are we!?!?!? We both believe in the company and its business model, you outlined the drivers for recovery and I also think they are rock solid. What is missing is the main driver, they need something more than a Fiscal 2016 where all things are "doing moderately better", they need a leader, a product or service that is growing better than average. I think the standout product/service will ultimately be achieved through a partnership agreement in the next year. Chen needs to partner with a SAP or Amazon where they can leverage security or bypass carriers and sell hardware to the masses. Imagine Amazon handling their hardware sales and the carriers looking on, I do think that would drive the stock in a big way. Or, SAP/Oracle working with BlackBerry on services and security worldwide, another great driver. And so, I believe we haven't heard of the next great driver for BlackBerry, it is yet to be announced so to speak.

Now as for the price of the stock, it is one thing to fill a gap before the Funds close their books for this year, and quite another to ask them to drive the stock price up through a mountain of stock that was purchased last year in the $ 14.00 - $ 15.00 pennant formation!! Prem has sold some of his stock above $ 10.00, he has plenty more to sell and at $ 14.00 he holds a nice averaged down profit on those shares. I think our 10% difference in the price of the stock comes down to how high we can spike and whether we can hold onto any of those gains. I think we have to wait until January/2015 to achieve $ 15.00.

Suppose we have profits for all of Fiscal 2016 and they amount to $ .22/shr because we don't have one major driver to take us higher. We will hear tons of media talk about our 70 P/E and how over-priced we are at $ 15.00!! So I would look for something new from Chen, not the usual drivers that we are talking about today, which clearly support the life of the company but aren't going to fire up much excitement for the investment community.

Today we are trading on TA, we touched support at $ 10.80/shr, now we are likely to move to the high of the day and confirm the break-out above $ 10.80/shr. All is good for BlackBerry, looking forward to the ER and hope I'm even close on my $ .05/shr loss for Q2. Good luck!
    Mr BBRY, vasilisiou, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    09-16-14 11:34 AM
    Mr. BBRY!!

We aren't far apart are we!?!?!? We both believe in the company and its business model, you outlined the drivers for recovery and I also think they are rock solid. What is missing is the main driver, they need something more than a Fiscal 2016 where all things are "doing moderately better", they need a leader, a product or service that is growing better than average. I think the standout product/service will ultimately be achieved through a partnership agreement in the next year. Chen needs to partner with a SAP or Amazon where they can leverage security or bypass carriers and sell hardware to the masses. Imagine Amazon handling their hardware sales and the carriers looking on, I do think that would drive the stock in a big way. Or, SAP/Oracle working with BlackBerry on services and security worldwide, another great driver. And so, I believe we haven't heard of the next great driver for BlackBerry, it is yet to be announced so to speak.

Now as for the price of the stock, it is one thing to fill a gap before the Funds close their books for this year, and quite another to ask them to drive the stock price up through a mountain of stock that was purchased last year in the $ 14.00 - $ 15.00 pennant formation!! Prem has sold some of his stock above $ 10.00, he has plenty more to sell and at $ 14.00 he holds a nice averaged down profit on those shares. I think our 10% difference in the price of the stock comes down to how high we can spike and whether we can hold onto any of those gains. I think we have to wait until January/2015 to achieve $ 15.00.

Suppose we have profits for all of Fiscal 2016 and they amount to $ .22/shr because we don't have one major driver to take us higher. We will hear tons of media talk about our 70 P/E and how over-priced we are at $ 15.00!! So I would look for something new from Chen, not the usual drivers that we are talking about today, which clearly support the life of the company but aren't going to fire up much excitement for the investment community.

Today we are trading on TA, we touched support at $ 10.80/shr, now we are likely to move to the high of the day and confirm the break-out above $ 10.80/shr. All is good for BlackBerry, looking forward to the ER and hope I'm even close on my $ .05/shr loss for Q2. Good luck!
    Do you know the feeling you get when you go against an opponent (pick your sport or competition) and immediately get the feeling that you are outmatched? Well that's what happened when I ready your reply..haha. Your case has no holes in it and is very well backed, and I'm talking about guessing and pulling numbers out of the air. Big difference, but at the end of the day, we are still looking at it the same. You are spot on with BlackBerry needing that next big catalyst. The way I see it, all the pieces are lining up for it to fall in place. Whether it be through a partnership or a breakthrough in one of the products or services that are already in place. The question is when. GL!
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    09-16-14 12:03 PM
    I though that was debunked a few weeks back when that photo was deemed to be a fake?

Posted via CB10
    Was it the same rumor? Sorry if it was. Busy at work and was reading the headlines.
    09-16-14 12:12 PM
    BBRY fighting hard today

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-16-14 12:34 PM
    Mr. BBRY!!
    I think the standout product/service will ultimately be achieved through a partnership agreement in the next year. Chen needs to partner with a SAP or Amazon where they can leverage security or bypass carriers and sell hardware to the masses. Imagine Amazon handling their hardware sales and the carriers looking on, I do think that would drive the stock in a big way. Or, SAP/Oracle working with BlackBerry on services and security worldwide, another great driver. And so, I believe we haven't heard of the next great driver for BlackBerry, it is yet to be announced so to speak.
    I would hope that BlackBerry partners with some chain store that can offer sales/repairs/service, say (and don't shoot me) a Best Buy, or office supply store such as Office Depot or Staples, or even Radio Shack. This would give BlackBerry the ability to sell/service/repair/replace phones for consumers. It may also be enough for BlackBerry to leverage with the wireless companies to give BlackBerry the right to push OS upgrades on their schedule, not the telcos' schedule.

On the business side, a partnership with Citrix would do well for ensuring BB10 gets the latest version of Receiver and a full fledged GoToMeeting client. It was rumored somewhere that Receiver was written in Adobe Air and therefore won't work with OS10.3.1 because Adobe Air was being dropped by BlackBerry. BlackBerry alluded to the smartphone becoming a laptop replacement. Citrix is just one way of making that happen, and unfortunately it's a table stake that BlackBerry might lose with OS 10.3.1.
    09-16-14 01:00 PM
    BlackBerry Classic Release Date: Q20 Specs and Photos Now Out

click this website. theepochtimes.com/n3/957910-blackberry-classic-release-date-q20-specs-and-photos-out/
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    09-16-14 01:23 PM
    OT ALERT: HALO

Morgan,

Another down day for HALO... let us know if anything has changed from your past synopsis. Otherwise, I'm digging deeper into my pockets to load up more shares under $9. Thanks! Cheers!

PS - Great comment by fedakd questioning efficient markets! I struggled with this for years with BlackBerry, when stock price action didn't make sense to me. It turned out to be signals that my thesis (or timing) was wrong and the price dropped. I held through the drop and watched my holdings increase back to levels I was comfortable with. It turns out that taking the long position in a company with a strong balance sheet and big future potential canceled out the short term static. Great lessons in investing for me!
    OT Alert - HALO !!!!

Mr. BBRY Sir!!!!

I would be pleased to provide you and others with any updates that I might have regarding HALO going forward. First off, love your posts, keep up the good work, I think in another life we were twins or something as we do think alike! LOL

HALO is a tough one, I can't find any fault with the company and what they have accomplished over the past 6-months. The reference to "efficient markets" is near and dear to my heart as I wrote my dissertation on the very topic and proved that the Eugene Fama and Joseph Stiglitz's theory of (Efficient Capital Markets or EMH or EMT) was no longer applicable today. So if you ask me, there is no such thing as an efficient capital market today.

HALO should be trading at or near ACAD levels, when you compare cash, shares outstanding, their pipeline and the potential for revenues in 2015 you would think the stock is a screaming buy. There is the possibly that their existing drugs are going to be heavily used for off-label applications just like ACAD will be once launched next year. I don't see the difference here so when the stock fails to rally and trade at $ 15.00/shr or so, there is something seriously wrong with this story. We know that management has 1.045 million shares to sell into the market this month, they will then replace them with new stock options and perhaps this is why the stock is being held back. I know they need 6 weeks to set the price and maybe that's all there is to it. I still feel that before this year is out, we'll see a partnership with a major, they have about three different programs that require a partner and each of them have huge potential.

As for BlackBerry, we are a 1/2 buck away from a new 52-week high!! You gotta love how well this stock likes to trade at $ 11.00/shr, makes you forget that darn bond issue!! LOL
    Mr BBRY, 95aero, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    09-16-14 02:28 PM
    Partnership with AMZN would be huge. Imagine AMZN permanently featuring BBRY phones. Perhaps BBRY could add a custom AMZN skin to sweeten the pot.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:16 PM
    OT Alert - HALO !!!!

Mr. BBRY Sir!!!!

I would be pleased to provide you and others with any updates that I might have regarding HALO going forward. First off, love your posts, keep up the good work, I think in another life we were twins or something as we do think alike! LOL

HALO is a tough one, I can't find any fault with the company and what they have accomplished over the past 6-months. The reference to "efficient markets" is near and dear to my heart as I wrote my dissertation on the very topic and proved that the Eugene Fama and Joseph Stiglitz's theory of (Efficient Capital Markets or EMH or EMT) was no longer applicable today. So if you ask me, there is no such thing as an efficient capital market today.

HALO should be trading at or near ACAD levels, when you compare cash, shares outstanding, their pipeline and the potential for revenues in 2015 you would think the stock is a screaming buy. There is the possibly that their existing drugs are going to be heavily used for off-label applications just like ACAD will be once launched next year. I don't see the difference here so when the stock fails to rally and trade at $ 15.00/shr or so, there is something seriously wrong with this story. We know that management has 1.045 million shares to sell into the market this month, they will then replace them with new stock options and perhaps this is why the stock is being held back. I know they need 6 weeks to set the price and maybe that's all there is to it. I still feel that before this year is out, we'll see a partnership with a major, they have about three different programs that require a partner and each of them have huge potential.

As for BlackBerry, we are a 1/2 buck away from a new 52-week high!! You gotta love how well this stock likes to trade at $ 11.00/shr, makes you forget that darn bond issue!! LOL
    I don't think prem will convert for a long time, well over 20 a share.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:27 PM
    No way! I want to see Legere grovel! A little button kissing first.

Bunga. Enter meme here:

Well we held the line today. Here is a clip representing BlackBerry:

Video url :
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-14 04:59 PM
    Also, given the iPhone6 will not be rolling out in China anytime soon, a partnership with China Telecom that addresses the high end phone category would be a big win.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 05:22 PM
    BBIn.in reported today that the State Bank of India's State Bank Anywhere app was ported from Android to BlackBerry World yesterday.

Mixed reviews from what I saw, and problems with the app not working on the PKB phones. Hope it gets resolved soon so one more box can be checked. Still it's progress.
    09-16-14 05:43 PM
    O.T. Update on HALO

The CEO bought 50,000 shares of HALO today along with the CFO who exercised his 50,000 share option and also bought 25,000 in the open market today too. So there is a vote in favour of HALO by management. Stock is up in after hours.
    take99, Mr BBRY, chaud57 and 17 others like this.
    09-16-14 06:55 PM
    O.T. Update on HALO

The CEO bought 50,000 shares of HALO today along with the CFO who exercised his 50,000 share option and also bought 25,000 in the open market today too. So there is a vote in favour of HALO by management. Stock is up in after hours.
    You are outstanding, morgan. We all know this but it must be said.

Cheers,
    09-16-14 06:57 PM
    Partnership with AMZN would be huge. Imagine AMZN permanently featuring BBRY phones. Perhaps BBRY could add a custom AMZN skin to sweeten the pot.

Posted via CB10
    Never thought about it this way.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 09:19 PM
    You are outstanding, morgan. We all know this but it must be said.

Cheers,
    Hey Corbu!!!

That is so far from the truth, I feel I'm getting closer to the top 20 on this thread, I'm getting far more out of this thread then I can contribute right now, so thanks for those generous words. You are one of my favourite CB members, I read all of your messages no matter where I am in the wild. There are just too many great posters on this thread; to miss naming one of them would be a crime, so I won't post the "obvious stars" at this time. I hand out a ton of "thanks" and "likes" just to say "thank you" in a very small way for all of the good work that others provide to this thread. Really, can you think of a more detailed and in-depth media for good honest information, around the clock, on a company that we support? Keep up the good work CB members as we head into a product launch and an ER!
    09-16-14 10:32 PM
    Hey Corbu!!!

That is so far from the truth, I feel I'm getting closer to the top 20 on this thread, I'm getting far more out of this thread then I can contribute right now, so thanks for those generous words. You are one of my favourite CB members, I read all of your messages no matter where I am in the wild. There are just too many great posters on this thread; to miss naming one of them would be a crime, so I won't post the "obvious stars" at this time. I hand out a ton of "thanks" and "likes" just to say "thank you" in a very small way for all of the good work that others provide to this thread. Really, can you think of a more detailed and in-depth media for good honest information, around the clock, on a company that we support? Keep up the good work CB members as we head into a product launch and an ER!
    Perfectly stated, Morgan! This thread has become a phenomenon of social media and the era of connectedness. It has created a forum where we can all access and contribute to a BlackBerry investing conversation all day, every day in real time. It has attracted some brilliant minds and genuinely great people. I find this forum to be my primary window to the world in and outside of BlackBerry. When I hear anything of importance, I come right here to my virtual boardroom of associates to get the story straight. This saves me time of checking out multiple media outlets to hear all sides of the story. I also get to try new beers, invest in new stocks, and go to places I never would have otherwise found without this forum!

This group is much more than BlackBerry fans, turned investors. We are the certain few who ask too many questions in life and always challenge the norm, which allowed us to stumble across BlackBerry in the first place. When a group of us gets together and interacts, it results in some truly interesting and valuable material. Cheers to all who to contribute to our never ending conversation about life! Shout out to SF for starting it all!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:37 AM
    While travelling last week I took this photo in a London pub, thinking of this group and one of the many reasons why choosing BB way back. Cheers and enjoy the day

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140907_130602_edit.jpg
    sidhuk, georg4BB, Mr BBRY and 11 others like this.
    09-17-14 07:34 AM
    And another BlackBerry partnership :
    (Sorry if it was posted before)
    TANGO NETWORKS ANNOUNCES ITS BUSINESS MOBILITY SOLUTIONS THROUGH GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BLACKBERRY
    09-17-14 07:49 AM
113,256 ... 28422843284428452846 ...