1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-15-14 09:59 PM
    Setting the bar nice and low

Posted via CB10
    Now I only need to buy some more if and when it dips before the launch and the ER !!!
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    09-15-14 10:49 PM
    Now I only need to buy some more if and when it dips before the launch and the ER !!!
    Doesn't look like we are going to dip before er but what do I know lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 10:56 PM
    As far as the beer goes, It's Crannog Ales - Backhand of God Stout for me tonight.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-15-14 11:22 PM
    Sorry for the OT, it's an article about BlackBerry

http://www.tango-networks.com/tango-...th-blackberry/

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    09-15-14 11:28 PM
    Sorry for the OT, it's an article about BlackBerry

http://www.tango-networks.com/tango-...th-blackberry/

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Good news keeps coming, is this the beginning of the ends for the shorts

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:06 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes.. i think it's just the beginnings of a big Short squeeze to come as BlackBerry ceo Chen really has this company focused on its core strategic advantages... rebuilding the Brand...

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-16-14 12:15 AM
    I'm sorry that I can not provide official information about the Commerzbank, so for now it's not more than just rumor for you.
    I only wanted to say, that there are companies, way bigger than the football club Hannover 96, going the BlackBerry way. Companies like Grohe (a big German manufacturer of taps) or Mitsubishi Germany AFAIK.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, CDM76, theRock1975 and 6 others like this.
    09-16-14 01:57 AM
    http://www.fool.ca/2014/09/12/1-simp...lackberry-ltd/

"That's the kind of low-risk, high-reward setup investors crave. The bottom line, even if you have no faith in CEO John Chen's turnaround, there's little downside in BlackBerry shares at current prices. But if anything goes right at the company, the upside could be huge."
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-16-14 06:05 AM
    Only true iSheeps would pay this much for iphone, on top of this case, cables, another $50. Who the hell would spend this kinda money on phone which only good for year or two. The replacement cycle is getting shorter, old days phone would be good for 3-4 years, now 1-2 years. Not just because they die but we materialistic spoiled society just want to have new phone for whatever reason and those reasons can be so stupid..
    Come on, year or two? If you want to get rid of an iphone in two years, then you can sell it used for at least a third of what you paid for it. But the phone should work fine for four years, including getting OS updates.
    And in answer to the question. In the US the iphone market share is going to be over 60 percent soon.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-16-14 06:10 AM
    Having an Alexander Keiths IPA right now. Can't beat it

Posted via CB10
    "O" for an Olands Export Ale.
    sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    09-16-14 06:35 AM
    "O" for an Olands Export Ale.
    A tad early for that, no?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-16-14 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    OT: Hair of the dawg? You been there, no? LoL
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-16-14 06:55 AM
    Give boneshaker a try. LoL. Awfully tasty

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    I second the boneshaker!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-16-14 06:57 AM
    OT: Hair of the dawg? You been there, no? LoL
    Have I? Lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140913_130922.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-16-14 07:05 AM
    Give boneshaker a try. LoL. Awfully tasty

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    Do you have to shake your moneymaker before or after?
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    09-16-14 07:12 AM
    Hey M-8 do you want to give us a technical break down of where we are at right now seeing how it looks like we have finally broken that 10.81 resistance
    09-16-14 07:21 AM
    I'm sorry that I can not provide official information about the Commerzbank, so for now it's not more than just rumor for you.
    I only wanted to say, that there are companies, way bigger than the football club Hannover 96, going the BlackBerry way. Companies like Grohe (a big German manufacturer of taps) or Mitsubishi Germany AFAIK.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just hoping to see an article that can be spread. Not questioning your knowledge of the news.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    09-16-14 07:29 AM
    Looking good in PM so far

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-16-14 07:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can't drink all day if you don't get started in the morning!

BB10 4 ME
    09-16-14 07:59 AM
    09-16-14 08:19 AM
    Awesome! This is a great strategy, slipping BBM Channels into the popular social media pile. If it's no extra steps to post to Channels, you might as well throw your message up there too!
    09-16-14 08:26 AM
    FWIW:
    In the shadow of Apple's mHealth hype, BlackBerry looms as a darkhorse - FierceMobileHealthcare

I, along with plenty of others engaged with mHealth technology, was a bit more than disappointed we didn't learn more about what Apple is up to with its Apple Watch, which debuted last week, with its healthcare platform HealthKit and what it hopes to make happen with mHealth wearables.

The hype had been building for weeks prior to the annual Apple product event. The news in the past six months about Apple meeting with regulators, insurance carriers, providers and initiating partnerships around the industry, from Epic to IBM, seemed to be leading to a big announcement and the debut of what Apple CEO Tim Cook described as the best smartwatch yet.

Still, news of separate HealthKit pilots at Stanford University Hospital and Duke University offer a taste of what providers will attempt to accomplish with the platform,

Perhaps overlooked in all of the Apple news, however, BlackBerry this past week also indicated that it's researching wearables and investigating mHealth opportunities.

CEO John Chen gave a slight reveal in a PC Magazine report that his company is doing "internal experimentation" on wearables and that it's an area of research.

We've known a bit of this given some of BlackBerry's moves this past year. Back in April, it announced it was teaming up cloud-based medical IT vendor NantHealth to develop a mobile version of NantHealth's certified clinical platform, as well as a smartphone specifically for the healthcare segment. In July, BlackBerry subsidiary QNX Software Systems announced a new OS just for medical devices, one that promises to meet industry standards and cut the cost of mHealth device development.

But Chen's remarks offer up substantiation of BlackBerry's upcoming intentions, which is exciting--maybe even a bit more exciting than the Apple Watch debut.

Why?

Well the beauty of BlackBerry moving into the mHealth space is that it's already got the security and data protection challenge locked down. It's the premier enterprise smartphone maker. It's the device the White House administration uses. It's spent decades ensuring that confidential and sensitive business data and information can't get hacked, can't get lost, can't be easily accessed.

And that, as we all know, is the biggest issue facing everyone in mHealth wearables, including Samsung and, yes, even Apple.

One industry pundit, after hearing Apple's Watch details, commented there are two reasons Apple pulled back from providing greater insight on the product and its healthcare implications: the regulatory hurdles of when a device may be deemed medical equipment and and the need to have inscrutable security technology in place.

With BlackBerry that latter hurdle is, well, less of a hurdle. To that end, I have great hope that the company can drive new technology inroads in mHealth and drive consumer, provider and care giver adoption, as well.

Competition in any industry is a very good thing. So here's to watching a mega battle for mHealth platforms and devices in 2015 between two of the smartest, and most innovative, smartphone players in history.
    09-16-14 09:22 AM
    Hey M-8 do you want to give us a technical break down of where we are at right now seeing how it looks like we have finally broken that 10.81 resistance

Hi Jake!!!

Thanks for the request! I have a chart here that gives us a longer term perspective of where BBRY has been and what I expect for the stock for the balance of this year.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-sept-16-2014.png

The chart from JLagoon shows us the 5-minute movement for the stock and his charts are excellent for traders and this group who watch the stock on a daily basis. This chart shows us some different information and hopefully will alert many of you to some TA levels that need to be watched carefully. The 52-week high for BBRY is now located in July at $ 11.59/shr/US, we are heading in that direction with the caveat that once again, as we have seen in January and June/July of this year, the RSI > 70 will be occurring if we move to that $ 11.59/shr anytime soon. In each case, we have sold off for weeks after hitting that level. Now part of that sell-off is due to news from the company itself, being over-bought and news from the Apple/IBM partnership. So this time around, we want to see the stock move towards $ 11.59/shr while correcting enough so that we can maintain the gain.

Today we have cleared a resistance level around $ 10.80/shr and we are confirming the move is strong enough to hold the position. We want to stay above $ 10.80/shr heading into a launch and ER. Now for the good news, if we do rally above $ 11.59 on good news, its a 52-week high, and, there is a zone where there is zero resistance all the way to $ 13.50/shr! I think we are going to close that large gap this year.

In summary, we are rallying from $ 9.00/shr toward the 52-week high for this year, this shouldn't be difficult at all. Once we get there, we will be over-bought just like the last two previous times this year. We want to watch for any signs of topping at $ 11.59 and sell some Calls or trade the stock accordingly. I personally believe that we will base out and resume the rally into the end of this year closing that important gap to $ 13.50/shr.

But, I also has very high expectations for this upcoming ER so that is part of the formula for my rally expectations! GL
    09-16-14 09:30 AM
    Hi Jake!!!

Thanks for the request! I have a chart here that gives us a longer term perspective of where BBRY has been and what I expect for the stock for the balance of this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY Sept 16 2014.png 
Views:	1126 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	298189

In summary, we are rallying from $ 9.00/shr toward the 52-week high for this year, this shouldn't be difficult at all. Once we get there, we will be over-bought just like the last two previous times this year. We want to watch for any signs of topping at $ 11.59 and sell some Calls or trade the stock accordingly. I personally believe that we will base out and resume the rally into the end of this year closing that important gap to $ 13.50/shr.

But, I also has very high expectations for this upcoming ER so that is part of the formula for my rally expectations! GL
    Morgan+8!:

Thanks for the great chart and analysis on BBRY! I think your $13.50 prediction is modest and I'm setting my expectations slightly higher because I believe there is a good chance we will post a net profit by Q3 FYE2015 earnings release in Dec '14. If BBRY is cash flow positive by year end, I can't see this stock any less than $15 / share. I'm also basing my guess mainly on modest success in device sales (Passport and Z3) and BES10 adoption followed by some key analyst upgrades, larger funds moving into BBRY and sentiment improvement. All other vertical integration with IoT, QNX, BBM, and NantHealth would be a wild card(s) along with value added services from Secusmart and Mortivu. All of this coupled with Chen's rightsizing of this company, I see 2015 as the year to trump whatever success we see in 2014.

NOTE: Obviously my outline above is my blue sky scenario. It's been quite a journey we've all been on with this stock and I've been wrong many times before. However, I maintain my cautiously optimistic perspective. I think John Chen and his team can unleash some much higher valuations in the years ahead.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    09-16-14 10:42 AM
113,256 ... 28412842284328442845 ...