View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'd like to know who scooped up 680,000 shares at 10:38am. Now that is one smart investor!
    I bought another 680. Sh!+. Hope didn't hit too many zeros by mistake!!!! LoL

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:10 AM
    Wasn't a write off. Was a write down I believe.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-15-14 11:11 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10842652

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1410797046009_973360.jpeg
    Last edited by Corbu; 09-15-14 at 12:15 PM.
    09-15-14 12:05 PM
    5 minute chart update. The ascending triangle pattern is completed with the break out to $11 from the start of the day. This next ER seems to be an exciting one.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-09-15-1.28.17-pm.png
    09-15-14 12:33 PM
    Hope BlackBerry lives up to the hype/expectations of this next ER!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:41 PM
    When is the next ER? I recall hearing it is soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sep 26, 2014.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    09-15-14 01:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    26th

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    09-15-14 01:01 PM
    Day following the 25....but preceding the 27th.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-15-14 01:05 PM
    Blaze says with assurance that this is the Press Box. Not retail.
    09-15-14 01:06 PM
    http://legalnewsline.com/news/251792...mpanys-patents

“Neither preparing a GME message nor determining how to transmit that message results in establishing a connection between the BES software and a BlackBerry device, as the claim requires,” Prost wrote for the panel. “In other words, selecting a path for a wireless connection is not the equivalent of establishing a wireless connection.

“We therefore conclude that substantial evidence does not support a jury verdict of infringement under the proper claim construction of the ‘establishing’ sub-step.”

Mformation remains liable for the $206,363.28 in costs awarded below, the court ruled."
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    09-15-14 01:53 PM
    From the comment section of the poll regarding the touch sensitive keyboard of the passport : "It works well from the few minutes I spent with one. You can turn it landscape and browse and scroll without your fingers getting in the way of the screen. "
    This will be a great way to scroll websites, without touching ads by accident all the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 02:18 PM
    This will be a great way to scroll websites, without touching ads by accident all the time.

Posted via CB10
    YES!

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-15-14 02:20 PM
    I am not/sure this has been posted but. I am glad that this guy chooses Blackberry as a working partner. the entire article is must read.
    Medicine's Manhattan Project: Can The World's Richest Doctor Fix Health Care? - Forbes

"Soon-Shiong’s grand new project promises the closest thing that Earth has ever had to Star Trek’s fabled tricorder. In theory it will work like this: A cancer patient will arrive at the hospital for diagnosis. Everything from her DNA to the proteins in her blood will get instantly analyzed via a proprietary and superfast network, with the data collected automatically in real time–no pens, paper or clipboards. Within minutes computers will recommend which drugs to try. Once the patient is sent home, the same technology will travel with her, allowing doctors to continue to monitor her in real time, as hospital administrators evaluate the efficacy and costs of various procedures and medicines and compare notes with hospitals across the country.
    This vision came during the approval process for Abraxane in 2005. Doctors were making bad decisions. One study found that two-thirds of pancreatic cancer patients received the wrong treatment. Computer brainpower wasn’t enough to fix this, Soon-Shiong realized, if it wasn’t paired with a high-tech nervous system. “How could we ever hope to win the war against cancer using our newly gained molecular insights against a disease that has the capacity to constantly change and mutate?” he says.
    Like a mechanic rummaging for parts, he started buying companies to build his new machine. He grabbed Eviti, based in Philadelphia, which sold its services to insurers as a way to ensure that cancer doctors weren’t prescribing medicines improperly (and billing for their errors). Thirty oncologists and nurses pore over the latest medical journals to make sure the information is up to date.
    Another purchase: iSirona, a firm in Panama City, Fla. that’s attempting to connect hospital machines with electronic health record systems. Soon-Shiong now claims that it can integrate 6,000 different medical devices, including pulse oximeters, blood pressure monitoring devices and bathroom scales, as well as hundreds of different types of clinical and financial software from every major medical vendor.
    There were other technologies, too: Qi Imaging, a tool that allows CAT scans and MRIs to be viewed on mobile devices; GlowCap, an $80 pill bottle that lights up when patients at home need to take their medicine and lets doctors know they are opening the cap. He purchased and refurbished the National Lambda Rail, a high-speed government computer network, at a cost of $100 million, so all this data could move quickly from place to place. “In order to have value-based care you need to monitor outcomes in real time,” says Soon-Shiong. “And you need to monitor cost in real time. You’re going to have patient-centered highest-quality care at the lowest cost.”
    All of these pieces–and dozens more that he’s bought or built–combine into a corporate structure as byzantine as his overarching product. His 800 employees are splintered across offices in 14 cities, and NantWorks, the parent holding company, houses nine separate units, all with different investor groups and each apparently designed to trade independently as a tracking stock. The first IPO, as early as next year, will likely be NantHealth, his health care information technology play, poised to profit from new payment schemes created by ObamaCare. Investors include Verizon, Celgene, BlackBerry and the Kuwait Investment Authority. FORBES values NantHealth alone at $1.6 billion. All told, FORBES values the entirety of Soon-Shiong’s Nant-related holdings at $7.7 billion."

"The potential and pitfalls of Patrick Soon-Shiong’s medical Manhattan Project boil down to one statistic: 47 seconds. That’s the amount of time, the doctor/entrepreneur promises, it now takes for his amalgamated “supercomputer” to complete genomics analysis, all the way to identifying the individual protein in someone’s body that’s amenable to drug treatment. “It normally takes 11 weeks,” Soon-Shiong smiles."
    "For the sake of clarity and credibility, I spent a disproportionate amount of my time over the past year focusing on his oft-repeated 47-second pledge. It turns out to be profoundly misleading because it is an average time, not the time for an individual. It’s like saying McDonald’s can hand you 800 Happy Meals the instant you pull up at a drive-thru window because the company serves 800 meals a second worldwide. The real question is: How fast can an individual patient’s genome be analyzed? Pushed, Soon-Shiong says he is aiming for 24 hours for each patient."

"In the end the most telling statement may have come at the Healthcare Summit from Susan Desmond-Hellmann, who watched Soon-Shiong’s rise when she ran clinical development at Genentech before becoming chancellor at the University of California, San Francisco and then CEO of the Gates Foundation: “Don’t underestimate him.”
    “Deep down,” says ASU president Crow, “he knows that being the world’s richest doctor is not the check that he wants by his name. It’s insufficient.” “My quest was and is to improve the quality of life through science,” adds Soon-Shiong. “That is what drove me then, and that is what is driving me now.” The bad blood will mean nothing if he’s successful–and it seems very likely, based on a review of his claims, plans and investments, that he will succeed at something. Even a fraction of his grand vision will mean good news for millions of American patients."
    09-15-14 02:23 PM
    Day following the 25....but preceding the 27th.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Well if you're not sure when it is...

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-15-14 02:38 PM
    The stock is ready to lift off in a big way i feel. We have the Porsche launch on the 17th then the passport launch on the 24th and then a good ER hopefully on the 26th. Not giving the shorts anytime to breathe
    09-15-14 03:06 PM
    09-15-14 03:40 PM
    The stock is ready to lift off in a big way i feel. We have the Porsche launch on the 17th then the passport launch on the 24th and then a good ER hopefully on the 26th. Not giving the shorts anytime to breathe
    I wonders how much direct affect the Porsche launch would have on SP? Collectively with the other two events for sure. Thoughts?
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-15-14 03:51 PM
    I wonders how much direct affect the Porsche launch would have on SP? Collectively with the other two events for sure. Thoughts?
    Probably very little. The Porsche launches have never had an impact on the SP as far as I can remember. In fact, they may have actually hurt the SP because bull**** analysts come out with bull**** articles on those days ridiculing BB for making a Porsche design phone to begin with (something I don't completely disagree with btw). Either way, good times are ahead and I no longer the sweat the down days like I used to.

OT: HALO
    Tough Monday after the late FDA approval on Friday, anyone have any insight or was it just one of those down days? I got in around $9 earlier this summer and have no plans to sell in the near future, just not what I expected to see today after the after hours action on Friday.
    Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    09-15-14 04:03 PM
    09-15-14 04:52 PM
    Dem Germans luv das BlackBerry

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-15-14 05:05 PM
    OT ALERT - HALO

Hey slipstream89 !!!

Well wasn't that good news! I knew we would get approval for the drug in the US but I was worried about the Black Box Label and it turns out that the label is the standard form used on all similar drugs in their category. So now we have a fast tracking PegPH20 program, our first ever American drug going to market and a 100% positive response to the business model and drug programs at HALO. This new achievement will allow HALO to achieve a self-financed status for their drug programs, they have $ 164 MM in the bank with a $ 37 MM milestone payment program which kicks in when Baxter begins to market the HyQ drug into the US. The royalties for this drug will generate more money then HALO spends on drug development in a year. They could see a profit from operations in the following year and that's amazing. All of this good news and there is more coming, they are testing PegPH20 for large cell lung cancer and that drug could be developed for breath cancer and so on, so there are three major pharmas partnered with HALO now and one of them will likely want to launch another trial with them. The wild card is their cellulose data, they have the only possible solution to this issue which covers 20% of the planet, they are looking for a partner to take this application further and I feel it will be taken up by a non-North American company soon.

As for the stock, all of the questions about HyQ have been met, the stock is dirt cheap here and I feel it should be trading at least in the $ 14.00/shr area based upon this news. There is a gap just above $ 10.25/shr that needs to be filled and it is this kind of news that fills those gaps so I would pull that sell order and wait to see if the close on Monday is above $ 10.25/shr. The gap is filled around $ 12.00 - $ 12.50 a share. Again, I hold the stock for much higher pricing somewhere in the mid-twenties for me. I believe this news makes the company worth something similar to ACADIA and it should be showing similar stock pricing due to its cash on hand and pipeline.

Best of luck and good timing if you are one of the ones who purchased the stock on the CP news this past couple of weeks!

See chart:
    Attachment 297595
    OT Alert

Something is seriously wrong here...

Drug gets fast-tracked by FDA (PEGPH20). HyQ is approved by FDA. And the stock tanks? Efficient markets no longer exist.

Why should Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR) trade with a $2.15B market cap with only a drug that has announced positive phase 2 trials? It shouldn't. No approved drug, no partner. Nothing. HALO is starting to worry me. This is senseless price action very similar to what MNKD experienced.
    09-15-14 05:14 PM
    Well holy sheet fedakd. Welcome back.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 05:23 PM
    I have not seen a press release, maybe I missed it, but I know for sure, that the Commerzbank, a German bank with about 30000 employees has BES10 now and a BlackBerry only solution. A few iPads too. They are slowly rolling out Z10 and Q10 devices since a few months. Still many legacy devices.
    A friend is working there. He thinks the company has about 10000 BlackBerry devices in total - but he is not sure. He is sporting a Q10 now and very happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 05:24 PM
    I have not seen a press release, maybe I missed it, but I know for sure, that the Commerzbank, a German bank with about 30000 employees has BES10 now and a BlackBerry only solution. A few iPads too. They are slowly rolling out Z10 and Q10 devices since a few months. Still many legacy devices.
    A friend is working there. He thinks the company has about 10000 BlackBerry devices in total - but he is not sure. He is sporting a Q10 now and very happy.

Posted via CB10
    The pleasure I get every single day when my Z30 wakes me up is hard to put into words. So often, many ask me what kind of phone I have (they know I have all the necessary apps), and I simply tell them its a Z30. Best. Keyboard. Ever.

Markets are worrying me these days. Huge divergence between S&P500 and the rest of the stocks. It seems like people are becoming addicted to MOMO stocks, just like cocaine. Just look at TSLA...because everyone knows a stock goes up forever....NOT!

Hope all is well with everyone here!
    Derek
    09-15-14 05:50 PM
113,256 ... 28392840284128422843 ...