View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Isn't it already ? I've not read such stories for weeks, not to say for months ...

Current status :
    Verge Poll : in the 12%s
    Stock ...
    Attachment 297154

That's a pretty nice day, fellas !
    Not to the average consumer, and not even to Enterprise. Most of my friends and IT colleagues don't follow the Blackberry story, so they still assume they are looking to get bought out so they don't go under. Not until Blackberry has back to back quarters with positive EPS, and positive free cash blow, will you hear that Blackberry is growing again, and with 3B in the bank they are here to stay.

Enterprises who listened to Gartner and moved away to Airwatch and iPhones (wow, so many companies moved to overpriced iPhones exclusively with terrible keyboards, email / communications ability (vs Blackberry OS 7 and 10). So the so called smart IT leadership that made those decisions will stay with their story and ignore that Blackberry is healing (or healed) until it is front and centre of everyone, especially consumers (who are also the little people who have persuasion either via BYOD or by mass for corporate selected devices), who will want their blackberry back for work purposes the more they hear about how good blackberry 10 is and that Blackberry is not going to bankruptcy.

People don't know how good BB10 is, and how well is runs Android apps. Passport reviews with 10.3 and Amazon App store... I hope will change this perception in a hurry. My google maps and nav runs perfectly (although no voice dictation) without play service errors....wish they would put google maps/nav in the amazon store.
    Corbu, _dimi_, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-11-14 01:24 PM
    BNN reporting the BBRY acquisition of Movirtu "could be a game changer".

Video: Did BlackBerry just outsmart Apple? - The Globe and Mail

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aplan.jpg
    09-11-14 01:37 PM
    BNN reporting the BBRY acquisition of Movirtu "could be a game changer".

Video: Did BlackBerry just outsmart Apple? - The Globe and Mail

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aplan.JPG 
Views:	1249 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	297199
    boy was she emotional!!!!!!
    georg4BB, _dimi_, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-11-14 01:46 PM
    BlackBerry Passport has 29% on the Verge poll ?!?
    Ok, it's manipulated by the BlackBerry supporters, but what's wrong with the other brand fans? Is there no organized support on WP-Central or i-more? At least the fans of the other small platform, Windows Phone should try to push it higher, but they seem to be sleeping. So bored by the new devices? I don't get it.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    09-11-14 02:08 PM
    Even in CB, the thread asking for vote has been closed... so thanks the twitter sphere for that !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-11-14 02:16 PM
    @spiller: I was referring to the media bashing and the "BlackBerry is dead" song we heard every day since the very first line of this thread, back in Feb. 2011.
    It'll take extra time and success to return Joes' and ITs'perception
    We're just heading in the right direction !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    09-11-14 02:26 PM
    The FT's take on it:
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/bd05f...#axzz3D2L81k94

BlackBerry buys ‘virtual sim’ start-up

BlackBerry has bought UK start-up Movirtu, a “virtual sim” company that lets users operate multiple phone numbers and profiles on a single device, as the Canadian handset-maker steps up its turnround strategy of trying to woo corporate consumers.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Six-year-old Movirtu had previously raised $5.5m from a number of investors, including private equity group Gray Ghost Ventures and the non-profit Grassroots Business Fund, which focuses on enterprises that help the poor in developing countries.

BlackBerry’s share of the smartphone marketed has dropped precipitously in recent years as consumers shifted allegiance to Apple and Google Android devices. It makes both handsets and the software that runs on them, and is banking on getting more businesses to use its products as work tools, building on its traditional strength in data security and encryption.

Both Apple and Google are taking aim at the corporate market. Google bought a similar company to Movirtu in May, Divide, which provides split profiles on smartphones to separate work and personal data.

The market for technologies to manage corporate mobile devices is expected to grow 30 per cent a year and reach $1.8bn by 2016, according to research by technology group IDC.

The Movirtu acquisition taps the trend of employees conducting ever more of their personal and work life on tablets and smartphones – the so-called “bring your own device” generation. Analysts say these workers increasingly expect business software to be as intuitive as the mobile apps they use in their everyday lives.

These two trends create “a number of efficiency and convenience challenges facing enterprises, employees and mobile operators alike”, said John Chen, BlackBerry’s chief executive. Personal devices can make it difficult for employers who want to keep their data secure, and who want to avoid bankrolling employees’ private calls and data consumption.

BlackBerry already allows for its devices to be split into different profiles, but Movirtu will allow users to switch when making calls, sending messages or using data without swapping sim cards, the company said.
    09-11-14 02:26 PM
    Ok guys, so, this time we fight against billions of fans : tally-ho !!!
    Which new smartphone has you most fired up? | The Verge

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-09-11-4.25.48-pm.png
    sidhuk, La Emperor, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    09-11-14 02:30 PM
    boy was she emotional!!!!!!
    Ohhhh she wants those 2 numbers on one virtual SIM so badly!!!!!
    sidhuk, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-11-14 02:31 PM
    C'mon, 10.80!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-11-14 02:45 PM
    C'mon, 10.80!

Posted via CB10
    LoL, it tried to break 10.80 for about 7 minutes. I had the message typed for Murgan8 that Morgan you failed us because it hit 10.81.
    But it reversed back to 10.75.
    Crazy.
    09-11-14 02:56 PM
    C'mon, 10.80!

Posted via CB10
    lets just hope we can hold it for once lol
    09-11-14 02:57 PM
    Thanks Morgan8 , My short term swing trades are working beautifully. you contribution has lots to do with it.
    09-11-14 03:06 PM
    Thanks Morgan8 , My short term swing trades are working beautifully. you contribution has lots to do with it.
    Haha me too. I hold long bb.to shares, and I trade bbry shares. Thanks to Morgan, I do pretty okay at bbry.

Hopefully he can give us an opinion on whether we will give it all back tomorrow or keep running..?
    morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-11-14 03:12 PM
    Oh we definitely are

I just mean for widespread understanding that blackberry is not going bankrupt (general public consumers AND CIOs who have already left - i doubt those companies who haven't left aren't going to now as things are sure looking brighter and they are no doubt watching carefully) is going to take a few quarters of good earnings and growing. Two will be enough if all of the indicators are moving upwards - hardware, software/BES, eBBM revs. Just my 2 cents.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-11-14 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morganplus8
    "If I sat in a boardroom with Chen, and he mentioned Dell, I would have to leave the room."

LOL

To be clear _dimi_,

In addition, .... if I sat in a boardroom with Chen, and he said," I have front row seats to a Maroon 5 concert" ................. I'd have to leave the boardroom. So you see, it isn't just Dell. LOL

Great day for BBRY, we hit resistance again, nice chart.
    sidhuk, thebroph, _dimi_ and 9 others like this.
    09-11-14 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morganplus8
    "If I sat in a boardroom with Chen, and he mentioned Dell, I would have to leave the room."

To be clear _dimi_,

In addition, .... if I sat in a boardroom with Chen, and he said," I have front row seats to a Maroon 5 concert" ................. I'd have to leave the boardroom. So you see, it isn't just Dell. LOL

Great day for BBRY, we hit resistance again, nice chart.
    Indeed.
    09-11-14 03:37 PM
    LoL, it tried to break 10.80 for about 7 minutes. I had the message typed for Murgan8 that Morgan you failed us because it hit 10.81.
    But it reversed back to 10.75.
    Crazy.
    Haha, yes! I saw that myself, my response to that was R rated lol.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-11-14 03:58 PM
    LOL!

You know what.. If you keep giving us our daily dose of TA goodness we might treat you to Maroon 5's latest album PRELOADED on the latest Dell PC or iPhone.. depends on what is still around by then!

Who knows what other quality products we'll be spending our money on at the 100 usd party and not remember the next day...
    09-11-14 04:02 PM
    Carry one:

Eazzy Peazzy
    _dimi_, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-11-14 04:22 PM
    Nice!

BB10 4 ME
    09-11-14 04:28 PM
    If mobile Payments take off and become popular, Blackberry will be the company that has to win the most... When you start to mess with your own money on the phone, I'm sure people would be A LOT MORE concerned about security of your credit cards/bank accounts, and there's where Blackberry can smash the oposition with a imaculate Security registry.
    09-11-14 06:16 PM
    If mobile Payments take off and become popular, Blackberry will be the company that has to win the most... When you start to mess with your own money on the phone, I'm sure people would be A LOT MORE concerned about security of your credit cards/bank accounts, and there's where Blackberry can smash the oposition with a imaculate Security registry.
    If mobile payments take off the avg consumer will only become concerned after a few high profile hackings of iphone/android payment systems. THEN ppl will look for device security.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    09-11-14 06:54 PM
    I saw my first Passport in the wild today. A blackberry employee out for lunch near the Toronto airport area BlackBerry buildings.

At first I see a guy holding a large black phone width wise using thumb and fingers like a bridge arch. Then I notice the square corners. Then he flips it and confirms the sighting...three row keyboard.

I like the style -- This phone is noticeable and it looked premium from about 20 ft with that metal band. It is definitely wide in the hand but I expect it will be my next phone. .just needs to pass the pocket test I regret not stopping him on his way out just to hold it for a few seconds!!

My female friend thought I was a bit ridiculous. But...those iSheep folks should know a few things about ridiculous though . Her company uses iPhone so I can't get her into a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:33 PM
    Looks good with the Passport and the Classic on the way. The i6 will kill. It will be huge. Don't worry about it. It is killing android and windows. It isn't directly competing with BlackBerry. That is because BlackBerry is going to use more buttons, and have the better sound quality plus the ability to bring out a quality phone at a very nice price point. Apple continues to leave the lower price point open. Android phones strugge to compete there due to android limitations and the lack of security.
    In the handset BlackBerry is going to be a nitch phone. But it will be a nitch market of the entire adult world. Because the entire adult world will be carying a smartphone fairly soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:38 PM
113,256 ... 28322833283428352836 ...