View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    How stoned can "security" experts be ... some days I wonder if a noob like me couldn't do a better job.
    Rant of the day :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    09-11-14 05:07 AM
    The Buzz. Where's the BUZZ? The iSpin machine stop working? It's like it was a non-event!

The times they are a changing . . .
    09-11-14 05:16 AM
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    09-11-14 05:24 AM
    Ya know it's been 2 days since the earth shattering event . . . and the sun is still rising in the east. iMagine that!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140911_065905.jpg
    09-11-14 05:39 AM
    HTC just released the Desire 820 with a 8mp front facing camera with selfies in mind...

Attachment 297066

It's worse when we thing about the CASIO EXILIM EX-TR15, A digital camera for selfies that takes very average pictures, but costs around 1300$

Attachment 297068
    Thanks, Kid Ink!...err, I mean Joao!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-11-14 05:40 AM
    Ya know it's been 2 days since the earth shattering event . . . and the sun is still rising in the east. iMagine that!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140911_065905.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	297127
    Is that the view from your property?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:04 AM
    Is that the view from your property?

Posted via CB10
    No, it's from the RV Site in Cornwall, PEI.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    09-11-14 07:31 AM
    BREAKING: BlackBerry Acquires Movirtu to Improve Adoption of BYOD and COPE: https://t.co/bQdc9Qny7A

Pretty excited.
    This seems we will "soon" be able to use two numbers on 1 phone. Seems different than dual SIM because it alludes to using only 1 SIM. Or maybe storing SIM info on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 08:16 AM
    Excellent News !

Today, we take another big step on delivering the industry’s leading mobile technology — we have acquired Movirtu, a provider of multiple identity solutions for mobile operators that allows multiple numbers to be active on a single device. This enables split billing and the use of personal and corporate profiles.
    This acquisition gives BlackBerry a unique edge in providing improved management and services of iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices used in BYOD and COPE environments.
    Read all here : John Sims and CEO of Movirtu Disclose More on BlackBerry?s Acquisition | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    09-11-14 08:17 AM
    BREAKING: BlackBerry Acquires Movirtu to Improve Adoption of BYOD and COPE: BlackBerry Acquires Movirtu to Improve Adoption of BYOD and COPE

Pretty excited.
    This seems we will "soon" be able to use two numbers on 1 phone. Seems different than dual SIM because it alludes to using only 1 SIM. Or maybe storing SIM info on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    haha, you beat me at it !
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-14 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry to Acquire U.K. Startup Movirtu - WSJ

Startup's Technology Enables More than One Phone Number on Same Device

TORONTO-- BlackBerry Ltd. Thursday said it agreed to acquire Movirtu Ltd., a U.K. startup whose software enables companies to avoid paying costs incurred by employees using their devices for personal use.

Terms weren't disclosed.

The transaction underscores BlackBerry's focus on finding new sources of revenue to revive growth after suffering through years of contraction. At the end of July, the company acquired Germany's Secusmart GmbH for an undisclosed amount to bolster its security offerings for its target enterprise and government market. A few days later, Chief Executive John Chen told the Canadian company's employees that it was embarking on a growth phase after three years of painful restructuring, in part by targeting strategic acquisitions.

Movirtu wouldn't disclose revenue figures or how many customers it has, except to say it has several. But BlackBerry, which has business relationships with more than 675 carriers globally, is betting it can take advantage of that installed base to quickly boost the London-based company's sales.

Movirtu's technology allows smartphone users to have a separate personal and work phone number attached to one device. Its product makes it easier for employers to be billed for work-related calls, messaging and data traffic while not assuming costs related to personal use of the device by the employee.

The technology works on BlackBerrys, iPhones and Android-powered devices. BlackBerry will receive recurring revenue generated from business customers that use the technology.

The acquisition addresses two broad trends--the adoption of bring-your-own-device to work programs by employers, and the increasing use of company-issued phones for professional and personal use as the lines blur between these two sides of a person's life, said John Sims, head of BlackBerry's enterprise business.

"We see [this solution] as one large and growing segment," Mr. Sims said.

Movirtu believes BlackBerry's larger scale will help it expand more quickly than it could have as a standalone entity, said Carsten Brinkschulte, Movirtu's chief executive. "Being a startup trying to address about 1,000 mobile operators worldwide is a big challenge," Mr. Brinkschulte said.

BlackBerry plans to offer Movirtu's software to its carrier customers to allow them to offer second voice and data plans on the devices they sell. The carriers make money from the additional voice and data plan sales, but will also pay BlackBerry a monthly fee for providing the technology.
    09-11-14 08:22 AM
    This will bring "balance" to the next level I think

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 08:32 AM
    QNX Auto Blog: QNX-powered Audi Virtual Cockpit drives home with CTIA award

Congratulations to our friends at Audi! The new Audi Virtual Cockpit, which is based on the QNX OS, has just won first prize, connected car category, in the 2014 CTIA Hot for the Holidays awards.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the Audi Virtual Cockpit is an innovative, versatile, and absolutely ravishing piece of automotive technology. But you don’t have to take my word for it — or the word of the CTIA judges, for that matter. Watch the video and see for yourself:

etc.
    09-11-14 08:37 AM
    Would be interesting to know what business customers of Apple and BlackBerry are actually thinking about these two companies after the recent news/events. There is a huge difference now. It looks like one company is only adding consumer gimmicks, while the other is looking for serious, useful improvements.
    09-11-14 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry makes some really smart acquisitions that make sense with their company's vision. I would love to have a personal and a business number on one phone. It's funny how much different BlackBerry and Apple are. Nowhere is it more apparent than with what type of acquisitions each company targets. BB buys companies that will further their enterprise/security goals. While Apple buys companies that will help target consumers. ie Beats

Btw. BlackBerry must be in good financial shape if their spending money on these acquisitions and hiring people again.
    09-11-14 08:44 AM
    http://bgr.com/2014/09/11/facebook-m...Genius+Report)

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    09-11-14 09:01 AM
    BlackBerry to Acquire U.K. Startup Movirtu - WSJ

Startup's Technology Enables More than One Phone Number on Same Device
    Lol. This is huge. Not sure what the short term reaction in terms of stock price but this is purchasing another true innovation.

rarsen, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-11-14 09:21 AM
    Would be interesting to know what business customers of Apple and BlackBerry are actually thinking about these two companies after the recent news/events. There is a huge difference now. It looks like one company is only adding consumer gimmicks, while the other is looking for serious, useful improvements.
    Add every Android there aswell, Especialy samsung with useless crap like "air gestures" and "group play" being their phone's headlines.
    sidhuk, georg4BB and bungaboy like this.
    09-11-14 09:21 AM
    BlackBerry makes some really smart acquisitions that make sense with their company's vision. I would love to have a personal and a business number on one phone. It's funny how much different BlackBerry and Apple are. Nowhere is it more apparent than with what type of acquisitions each company targets. BB buys companies that will further their enterprise/security goals. While Apple buys companies that will help target consumers. ie Beats

Btw. BlackBerry must be in good financial shape if their spending money on these acquisitions and hiring people again.
    That's a logical business strategy, I think. They (Apple) are transitioning from an innovation-driven business to a business of scale, so they need to grab as many things as possible, kinda like Samsung. As a business, it will probably do well for a while without any innovations.
    sidhuk, georg4BB, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    09-11-14 09:22 AM
    Lol. This is huge. Not sure what the short term reaction in terms of stock price but this is purchasing another true innovation.

Looking good with BBRY$10.57 +0.30(2.92%)
    09-11-14 09:22 AM
    Ok guys, so, this time we fight against billions of fans : tally-ho !!!
    Which new smartphone has you most fired up? | The Verge
    09-11-14 09:30 AM
    Inside BlackBerry for Business: This past month in California, an Appeals Court ruled in a class-action lawsuit that companies with employees in California are now responsible for reimbursing employees for business-related calls on corporate devices. This type of ruling may set precedence for BYOD and COPE programs throughout the country. Does this solution help prepare companies that may need to deal with this ruling?

John Sims: BYOD and COPE have created a number of challenges for enterprises, employees and mobile operators. The California ruling may seem focused on just the employee?s rights, but it?s important to remember that dividing usage of mobile devices between an employer and employee is meant to provide a fair allocation of accounting and cost for everyone. It also protects ownership of personal and corporate numbers for both the business and their employee should they depart the company.

Inside BlackBerry for Business: Carsten, how were you convinced that BlackBerry was the right company for Movirtu?

Carsten Brinkschulte: I knew, as many in the industry, how deep BlackBerry?s enterprise experience and knowledge goes. I also knew that we were tackling something unique that would soon become high in demand as BYOD and COPE proliferates. BlackBerry?s global infrastructure, also known as ?the NOC,? is unprecedented and is already connected directly to hundreds of mobile operators worldwide. Leveraging these existing connections would be the best way to offer quick and reliable deployment of the Movirtu Virtual SIM solution with minimal effort for the operator. Additionally, BlackBerry will help bring the solution to market through their wide network of mobile operators.

Our solution also complements BlackBerry?s Secure Work Space, BlackBerry Balance and other partitioning technologies, which gives employees the freedom and privacy they want for their personal use while delivering the security and management needed for business use. With Movirtu, employees can now switch between profiles for calls, data and messages expanding the functionality of partitioning technologies.

Inside BlackBerry for Business: Thanks again for taking the time to speak with us, Carsten and John.

To our readers, we hope you?re as excited about this news as we are. The new Virtual SIM capabilities will be offered by BlackBerry through our mobile operators, which will provide customers with multiple identity based service offerings. We plan to support the deployment of Movirtu technology by mobile operators and all major smartphone operating systems.

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2014/0...u-acquisition/

09-11-14 09:32 AM
    09-11-14 09:33 AM
    Blackberry said the cash pile will not drop below 2.5B. So they have about 600M buffer.

They are launching two smartphones and IIRC a phone launch costs about 250M? They are launching BES12.

They are buying Secusuite. They are buying Movirtu.

They are done with CORE, so they have no severance expenses / other CORE expenses at this upcoming ER. (They would have had to account for any expenses in the last quarterly report to cover expected expenses related to CORE in the next Q (this one) AFAIK.)

Things appear better than the Market would have you believe.

I predict positive EPS this Q, adjusted or non adjusted.

And wait until Passport / Classic / BES 12 launches, and then the BES 'free support' to end.

The March '15 earnings report should be a GREAT one with BES revs and xmas hardware sales and corporate bulk order sales of Classic and Passport to go along with BES12.

By end of March 2015 the 'blackberry is going bankrupt' story will be completely buried, and that will allow even the cautious CIOs to reconsidered their MDM/EMM if they have gone to Airwatch.
    09-11-14 09:35 AM
    The date we have been waiting for?

BlackBerry Passport to be Released on 1 October

Details here.....
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/blackberry...1.html#vBcUe65
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-11-14 09:37 AM
113,250 ... 28302831283228332834 ...