• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Fair review of the Z3...times are a changin:
    http://jdem.cz/bqk2m7

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-10-14 11:40 AM
    Is it time Blacberry release a keyboard app on IOS8 i think there is serious money to be made there as BB10 virtual keyboard is by far better then any other virtual keyboard out there. Or is the money gained not enough to off set giving Iphone users the BB10 keyboard.
    I would agree, if a big BlackBerry Logo on the virtual keyboard remembers the iPhone user staedily, that this keyboard was NOT invented by Apple.
    09-10-14 11:47 AM
    I was wondering does anyone think that Blackberry has patents on the scroll wheel that the new I watch uses
    morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    09-10-14 12:01 PM
    Sony had it too

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    09-10-14 12:05 PM
    Is it time Blacberry release a keyboard app on IOS8 i think there is serious money to be made there as BB10 virtual keyboard is by far better then any other virtual keyboard out there. Or is the money gained not enough to off set giving Iphone users the BB10 keyboard.
    I like your contrarian idea, but ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-you-crazy.jpg

09-10-14 12:27 PM
    Just an iNformative video

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, _dimi_, StormieTwo and 11 others like this.
    09-10-14 12:31 PM
    I would agree, if a big BlackBerry Logo on the virtual keyboard remembers the iPhone user staedily, that this keyboard was NOT invented by Apple.
    and here it is.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passport.jpg
    BB should just go ahead and release an apple runtime so everyone who got into the apple ecosystem can jump ship.
    09-10-14 01:02 PM
    And the storm keeps building:
    http://jdem.cz/bqk295

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-10-14 01:24 PM
    http://jdem.cz/bqk295

Eazzy Peazzy
    Trusting employees with what is the best device to choose for work, is like trusting little children with selecting an appropriate and nutritious diet..

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-10-14 01:31 PM
    I'm not specifically looking for this stuff..its just everywhere...sooner or later it's going sink in:
    http://jdem.cz/bqk3d3

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-10-14 01:31 PM
    I'm not specifically looking for this stuff..its just everywhere...sooner or later it's going sink in:
    Five Million 'Gmail Accounts and Passwords of Mostly Russia-Based Users Leaked Online'

Eazzy Peazzy
    I am not looking either, but...

http://www.fool.ca/2014/09/10/why-se...tant-day-ever/
    09-10-14 01:52 PM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ericss...160101357.html

I don't quite understand all these companies entering an already overcrowded MDM/EMM market.. What am I missing here? Superfly?

On the other hand, I never realized Ericcson's subscriber base was that big either...

Edit: it seems SAP has hired Rick Costanzo, previously working for BlackBerry, back in February. The name sounded familiar so had to Google it.

http://www.news-sap.com/sap-appoints...ity-solutions/
    bigbadben10, Corbu, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    09-10-14 02:16 PM
    09-10-14 02:35 PM
    09-10-14 02:43 PM
    Short Interest as of 8/29/2014
    goes up slightly
    8/29/2014 ............89,119,568

8/15/2014 ............88,846,883
    09-10-14 03:08 PM
    Stock analysis: BlackBerry’s score climbs into top quartile of publicly traded firms

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle20518476/

Shares in BlackBerry Ltd. have had a choppy 2014 so far, but are still up more than 40 per cent from a year ago as sentiment improves that its new CEO, John Chen, can turn around the struggling Canadian smartphone maker.

This StockReports+ report suggests there’s reason for optimism that the BlackBerry bounce can continue.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ckreportbb.pdf
    jxnb, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    09-10-14 03:11 PM
    It?s time to say no to Apple and its iPhones | Information Age

Eazzy Peazzy
    Thanks. Just had to post it!

It�s time to say no to Apple and its iPhones

Businesses must see through the hype to understand what will really drive the most mobile productivity

Posted by Ben Rossi on 10 September 2014

You were sucked in weren�t you? That�s Apple for you: the king of hype.

Let�s recap. Not one iPhone 6, but two � and both are far bigger than any predecessor. Both have the usual upgrades: stronger glass, faster processor, better camera etc. Oh, and there�s a mobile payments service. And a watch.

But what does all this actually mean for your organisation? Not a lot � the new products, as ever, are geared almost wholly towards the consumer market � except that it won�t be long until these devices start becoming very visible in your workplace.

Apple remains the consumer vendor of choice. IT vendors like to say BYOD increases productivity � they have mobile security solutions to sell, after all � but this claim remains unfounded.

That is no surprise to me. The iPhone � like most other smartphones � is not a business tool. Yes, it is something that employees like to use for work, and it has plenty of functionality to enable that � but it is predominantly a lifestyle and entertainment device.

Meanwhile, there is another September smartphone launch you�ve heard little � perhaps nothing � about. For some of you, it comes from what is still a loyal friend. To others, simply an old companion. Remember BlackBerry?

The once king of mobile is back with a new flagship device, the Passport. The ailing firm has learned from its mistakes � don�t market a professional phone to general consumers � and is instead targeting the Passport purely at businesses and professionals.

Far less known than any of the hype Apple fuels is that BlackBerry devices are by far the best at getting the most value out of a mobile workforce.

For pure working capability, BlackBerry devices outweigh competitors in productivity, battery, email and messaging, document editing, security and data management.

It�s about time IT did what�s right for the enterprise in the realm of mobility, and not just hope employees� own choices will empower them to greatness. That means saying no BYOD, and no to Apple.
    09-10-14 03:48 PM
    09-10-14 04:20 PM
    09-10-14 04:21 PM
    @dimi : not sure what to think about erricson+SAP. From what I understand seems more a distribution agreement than a real partnership... but it's a bit late here and my eyes pray for a bigger screen

Anyway seems incompatible with my hopes to have SAP in team BlackBerry ... was I wrong again ? Probably !

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and _dimi_ like this.
    09-10-14 05:56 PM
    Say it ain't so. LoL

GLOBE EDITORIAL
    The selfie, the Apple Watch and the rise of self-regard

The selfie, the Apple Watch and the rise of self-regard - The Globe and Mail
    09-10-14 06:31 PM
    Say it ain't so. LoL

GLOBE EDITORIAL

It's so...lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    09-10-14 07:21 PM
    Say it ain't so. LoL

GLOBE EDITORIAL

HTC just released the Desire 820 with a 8mp front facing camera with selfies in mind...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-140904-htc-desire-820-2.jpg

It's worse when we thing about the CASIO EXILIM EX-TR15, A digital camera for selfies that takes very average pictures, but costs around 1300$

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-alexchow_5_casio-_5a0f67a69d78a3679c64000575793c38.jpg
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-10-14 08:04 PM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ericss...160101357.html

Edit: it seems SAP has hired Rick Costanzo, previously working for BlackBerry...

http://www.news-sap.com/sap-appoints...ity-solutions/
    That's just BlackBerry sending an employee over to get things ready for the next step....
    09-10-14 10:14 PM
    BlackBerry exec: I'd 'love' to have BBM running on a wearable - FierceWireless

LAS VEGAS--BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) is testing wearable computing devices internally and a top company executive said he would "love" to see the firm's signature BlackBerry Messenger service running on a wearable. However, the company is not announcing any new devices.

"We are doing some different experimentation internally with wearables," John Sims, BlackBerry's president of global enterprise services, said during a roundtable discussion with reporters here.

"I would love for BBM to be running on a wearable," he added, noting that it would likely be paired with a phone. Sims stressed that BlackBerry is not announcing or releasing any wearable product, but he said, "it's definitely an area of research for us."

That approach is in keeping with the changes that CEO John Chen has made to retool the company since taking the helm in November 2013. Chen has focused the company on four ley areas: devices, BBM, enterprise services and technology solutions, which includes BlackBerry's QNX subsidiary and Internet of Things business.

Chen said in an internal memo in August that the company had finished its three-year-long restructuring efforts, and was ready to begin hiring new employees and making strategic acquisitions. However, Sims said BlackBerry's transformation away from being a device-centric company that did not work with other platforms or mobile device management (MDM) companies is an ongoing process.

"This is a process that will go on not over one quarter or two quarters, but over the course of a couple of years," he said.

A major milestone for BlackBerry will be the launch of Blackberry Enterprise Service 12 in November, Sims said. "We're not fearful or defensive about what we need to do in the enterprise about not just managing BlackBerry devices but all of the cross-platform devices as well," he said.

For the first time, in addition to Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android and Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iOS devices, BES 12 will also support Microsoft's (NASDAQ:MSFT) Windows Phone. The BES 12 platform will offer backward and future compatibility, unifying BES 10 and BES 5 on one platform.

To help spur adoption of BES 12, BlackBerry launched an "EZ Pass" program this spring, which lets customers trade in their licenses and move from BES and other mobile device management platforms to BES 10. For existing BlackBerry customers, the EZ Pass program matches any active existing on-premise BES license and any active license customers may have from other MDM vendors, such as AirWatch or MobileIron, with a corresponding Silver BES 10 perpetual license, though terms and conditions apply. Customers also receive free Advantage level technical support with their new license.

Sims said BlackBerry has already had 1.2 million licenses traded over and 10 percent of them were competitive licenses from companies like AirWatch.

Sims also indicated BlackBerry will be making more announcements to help IT managers handle the bring-your-own-device phenomenon and will look to provide virtual identities on phones that do more to segment and track usage for enterprise and personal uses. However, he did not give a specific timeline for those announcements.

One other part of BlackBerry's transformation was the creation last month of a new unit called BlackBerry Technology Solutions, or BTS. The unit includes its QNX software for embedded wireless systems, its "Project Ion" Internet of Things application platform, Certicom cryptography applications and Paratek RF antenna tuning.

Sandeep Chennakeshu, who previously served as the president of Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobile Platforms and CTO of Sony Ericsson, leads the unit and had been working as a consultant to Chen for the better part of a year.

Chennakeshu said the IoT platform the company is working on will be focused on connecting machines and people to information and will also collect data that companies can use to take actions based on the data. He said the company wants to create a scalable and highly secure infrastructure for large-volume vertical applications such as fleet management.

The platform will also use BlackBerry's MDM capabilities to manage and secure Internet of Things devices. In one example of what the platform could potentially enable, if a car dealership wanted to collect diagnostic information from a car to monitor when it is due for service, BlackBerry could securely manage that specific car's software and coordinate the data with the dealership. Another idea Chennakeshu mentioned is that with asset tracking, the sender of a package might have access to data on where the package is but the recipient could get more granular and secure data on the contents of the shipment.

Chennakeshu did not give a timeline for when the IoT platform will launch, but noted that "before you launch the system you need to make it pretty application-hardened." BlackBerry will need to do field testing to ensure it will be "robust enough" to handle large amounts of data and support large-scale applications. "I want to make sure it's rock solid," he said.
    CDM76, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 9 others like this.
    09-11-14 12:01 AM
113,256 ... 28292830283128322833 ...