View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dear BlackBerry,

LET'S GET A TEAM MERCEDES F1 STICKER PACK PLEASE!

Posted via CB10
    Mercedes made it to MarioKart8

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140829_205219.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140829_205151.jpg

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    09-07-14 08:44 AM
    Lewis wins at Monza!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140907_081327.png

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-07-14 09:15 AM
    Great breakdown BanffMoose. I appreciate the opinion. Very well informed. But you may be a little on the cautious/ conservative side. Which is good right now. Definitely better than overly positive

For some reason I think Chen is hiding some small successes behind the scenes. Obviously things in India are going well. But not much being said about other places.
    I believe the picture is pretty fair *right now*
    Yet, aggressive BES marketing is mostly aimed to competitors (there's always a superior (10X) cost of acquisition).

BB10 "auto sufficiency " is a reality in ActiveSync environments but mostly for emails,agenda and contacts. Other sectors are not covered. But even there, the security level is far from equivalent.
    Moreover the number of BES licenses relative to iOs and android devices may be superior to BB10 ones (BES10 alone, before BES12 that will handle both BBOS and all other platforms).

That IMHO a temporary marketing effort which goal is, at the en of the day, struggling competition and showing enterprises would drop ship if they didn't feel "prisoners " with perpetual licences. They might offer free trade-ins, betting on the future CALs for growing companies.

Have a nice Sunday gang !

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:25 AM
    All we need is for iPhone to start to look like the competition, because then there will be little reason to own one, and folks may start looking elsewhere for 'innovation'...

... Say, Passport?
    After all, a huge percentage of iPhone users once owned (and cherished) a BlackBerry. If BlackBerry gets 10.3 right, what possible reasons could one have to go for the iPhone??
    Because their entire family has invested in the Apple eco system for years, and Apple sells more than phones. Add the prestige factors and good luck getting hoards of them to switch.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-07-14 11:51 AM
    Because their entire family has invested in the Apple eco system for years, and Apple sells more than phones. Add the prestige factors and good luck getting hoards of them to switch.
    What are these "prestige factors" you speak of?
    09-07-14 12:04 PM
    What are these "prestige factors" you speak of?
    You've had seven years to notice this.
    There will be no sociological explanation provided.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-07-14 01:42 PM
    You've had seven years to notice this.
    There will be no sociological explanation provided.
    You're speaking of the "Sheep Factor". I get it. Thanks.

From my Z30 via CB10
    09-07-14 01:48 PM
    You're speaking of the "Sheep Factor". I get it. Thanks.

From my Z30 via CB10
    It takes strength to swim against the current....most folks don't have it in them

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-07-14 02:03 PM
    Obviously, made it all the way to the BlackBerry supporting thread, just to educate us blind people. Thank you god. But sorry, I am just fine with blackberry phones.

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    Shanerredflag, Corbu, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    09-07-14 02:12 PM
    LOL if the Passport doesn't speak "prestige", don't know what does. It's definitely not the iPhone. We laugh at them around my parts.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:26 PM
    Had to post this. With the latest 10.3 update. I have been using fair bit for over 7 hours.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140907_153438.png

09-07-14 03:39 PM
    Obviously, made it all the way to the BlackBerry supporting thread, just to educate us blind people. Thank you god. But sorry, I am just fine with blackberry phones.

Not saying that you are directly implying the god statement towards me in a facetious way, but in case you are, i could say, rather ridiculously, i might add, that because I have a BlackBerry logo as my avatar, i like BlackBerry more than you and proceed to hold up 3 Playbooks, 4 9780, 2 - Z10, and one Z30 new in the box, for my wife for her birthday in December, and one Passport.... okay, it's a picture of the Passport, but it's coming.
    There are no Apple products found at this residence.
    If you are living in a closet and haven't noticed how many people covet an i product doesn't make me a supporter, or make you observant.
    neteng1000 and techvisor like this.
    09-07-14 03:40 PM
    Speaking of Passport...I want my Passport now! lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    95aero, awindsr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-07-14 03:51 PM
    Had to post this. With the latest 10.3 update. I have been using fair bit for over 7 hours.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140907_153438.png 
Views:	1113 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	296391

Nice...should get same or better on PP then.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy and Signhere like this.
    09-07-14 03:54 PM
    Not sure what kicked you? But I do use I pads and have used iPhone and Android products. Using BlackBerry since 2003. I don't believe in worshipping just one and don't believe that if apple has the largest market share that it is untouchable. I do have apple TV, airport express ipads etc. But, I have no problem using z30 and passport will be my next phone cause I still miss keyboard. One of my son never left BlackBerry and loves it. Other son is using iPhone and is fine with it. We have no issue not using apple's products when it comes to using our blackberries.
    I had to give up BlackBerry because it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. Still missed keyboard and BlackBerry experience. Moment z30 was out, got it from UK.
    Apple's sharing between the devices has caused some serious grief for some of my friends and I don't want my phone/wotk to ( shared with my entertainment devices.
    On the other hand, android has much larger market share and DLNA/miracast makes it good entertainer facilitator across different devices.
    The latest BlackBerry OS has it all and based in what you told me, you know that too.
    Read your earlier comments and the way you replied to bungaboy shows a disrespect towards a member who just asked a genuine question to your answer.
    When it comes down to cleverly writing a rude answer, I think almost any one of us can do that. Idea is to respectfully answer if a respectful question is asked. Cause you put forward the new topic which suggested that apple is untouchable hence, every one else stop trying.
    Must add that phones suppose to work for us, not the other way around.

09-07-14 04:02 PM
    Not sure what kicked you? But I do use I pads and have used iPhone and Android products. Using BlackBerry since 2003. I don't believe in worshipping just one and don't believe that if apple has the largest market share that it is untouchable. I do have apple TV, airport express ipads etc. But, I have no problem using z30 and passport will be my next phone cause I still miss keyboard. One of my son never left BlackBerry and loves it. Other son is using iPhone and is fine with it. We have no issue not using apple's products when it comes to using our blackberries.
    I had to give up BlackBerry because it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. Still missed keyboard and BlackBerry experience. Moment z30 was out, got it from UK.
    Apple's sharing between the devices has caused some serious grief for some of my friends and I don't want my phone/wotk to ( shared with my entertainment devices.
    On the other hand, android has much larger market share and DLNA/miracast makes it good entertainer facilitator across different devices.
    The latest BlackBerry OS has it all and based in what you told me, you know that too.
    Read your earlier comments and the way you replied to bungaboy shows a disrespect towards a member who just asked a genuine question to your answer.
    When it comes down to cleverly writing a rude answer, I think almost any one of us can do that. Idea is to respectfully answer if a respectful question is asked. Cause you put forward the new topic which suggested that apple is untouchable hence, every one else stop trying.

I am typing this on a macbook pro. I too have iPhone, iPaid Air, iPod, apple TV, etc. I HATE their walled garden ecosystem!

I have loaded Windows 7 Ultimate on my macbook. Makes it much better.

I own numerous versions of Android phones and tablets. Been there done that.

BlackBerry Z30, the best mobile computing device available today.
    09-07-14 05:18 PM
    Nice...should get same or better on PP then.

Eazzy Peazzy
    I'm experiencing the best battery life to date.. Z30 10.3.0.1154. BlackBerry got this one figured out.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140907_182924.png

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:31 PM

Funny, he got exactly what I meant in my short reply, and I acknowledged his grasp on my short statement with a like. I don't gather from his reply that he was offended , but you on the other hand....
    I could go further and say his question was a loaded question, which feature prominently within this (BlackBerry - key point) forum, that no matter what I wrote, would raise the ire of someone who would take it the wrong way because it involved a competing platform.
    Proving what I just said, let's take how you totally read into what wasn't there.
    Apple is untouchable, so stop trying.
    Where in the Heck is that?
    In a brief explanation of WHY it will be an uphill battle for BlackBerry to wrest Apple users back to BlackBerry, you got that out of it. Untouchable, and stop trying.
    You immediately saw pessimism.
    I see it as a challenge that BlackBerry has, and is taking head on. They don't have a choice if they want to survive.
    I'm on board with BlackBerrys optimistic out look.
    I'm device agnostic and buy what I consider the best platform for me.
    I'm excited for what lays ahead for BlackBerry and plan to buy more stock when the price drops after Apple unveil their new product line.
    Then it will go back up again at the end of the Month.
    Also I started my original response to your post, cautious , in case I was misinterpreting your reply in the wrong way. Looks like I nailed it.
    Unfortunately. Was hoping I was wrong, but here we are.
    Glad to see you are, from my own experience, more versatile than myself with the other platforms. It pays to be informed, as you can usually make the best decision for your needs.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-07-14 05:36 PM
    Funny, he got exactly what I meant in my short reply, and I acknowledged his grasp on my short statement with a like. I don't gather from his reply that he was offended , but you on the other hand....
    I could go further and say his question was a loaded question, which feature prominently within this (BlackBerry - key point) forum, that no matter what I wrote, would raise the ire of someone who would take it the wrong way because it involved a competing platform.
    Proving what I just said, let's take how you totally read into what wasn't there.
    Apple is untouchable, so stop trying.
    Where in the Heck is that?
    In a brief explanation of WHY it will be an uphill battle for BlackBerry to wrest Apple users back to BlackBerry, you got that out of it. Untouchable, and stop trying.
    You immediately saw pessimism.
    I see it as a challenge that BlackBerry has, and is taking head on. They don't have a choice if they want to survive.
    I'm on board with BlackBerrys optimistic out look.
    I'm device agnostic and buy what I consider the best platform for me.
    I'm excited for what lays ahead for BlackBerry and plan to buy more stock when the price drops after Apple unveil their new product line.
    Then it will go back up again at the end of the Month.
    Also I started my original response to your post, cautious , in case I was misinterpreting your reply in the wrong way. Looks like I nailed it.
    Unfortunately. Was hoping I was wrong, but here we are.
    Glad to see you are, from my own experience, more versatile than myself with the other platforms. It pays to be informed, as you can usually make the best decision for your needs.
    Better.

09-07-14 05:41 PM
    Prestige factor?

This isn't 2007.

I view apple users as fairly ignorant people when it comes to buying a phone. I don't even know why my in-laws, for example, own smartphones.

To be clear, I don't know why anyone would choose iOS over android.

As for Apple, I personally will never support a company with a closed ecosystem.
    Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:46 PM
    Prestige factor?

This isn't 2007.

I view apple users as fairly ignorant people when it comes to buying a phone. I don't even know why my in-laws, for example, own smartphones.

To be clear, I don't know why anyone would choose iOS over android.

As for Apple, I personally will never support a company with a closed ecosystem.
    Posted via CB10
    Sounds like everyone thinks that I feel that Apple is a prestigious device. Far from the truth, but I don't control the masses who battle for a place in line to get the same phone with an S attached to it. Watch what happens when they release the new product line. To deny any social prestige factor usually means you don't own one. Heck, the phone is supposed to have NFC, and all of a sudden it will become an Apple innovation.
    Unfortunately, it will take Apple getting on board to finally make NFC payments take off. Even Android commanding more market share in North America couldn't do that.
    It is what it is and I see it all over wherever I go, people raving about their Apple ; a phone that doesn't even have a customizable color led notification on it.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-07-14 07:16 PM
    Sounds like everyone thinks that I feel that Apple is a prestigious device. Far from the truth,

<<SNIP>>

Heck, the phone is supposed to have NFC, and all of a sudden it will become an Apple innovation.
    Unfortunately, it will take Apple getting on board to finally make NFC payments take off. Even Android commanding more market share in North America couldn't do that. <<SNIP>>
    Yeah, when everyone's grandparents have an iPhone, it lost its prestige factor. Now it's really just mass with a metric ****ton of goodwill.

Personally I see it as Apple being forced to adopt NFC, rather than Apple giving NFC the boost. After the Target and other retailer credit card thefts this past year, the credit card companies told all US merchants to adopt chip and PIN by October 2015 or the merchant will be liable for the fraud. Target and other big retailers have started to accelerate their adoption of chip and PIN. This means NFC is going to take off with or without Apple within the next year.

Imagine the flack Apple will get if they launched the iPhone 6 without NFC and less than a year later, all their users are asking why can't they do contactless payment while other platforms can. Nothing will scream "Apple is not an innovator anymore" more that being left behind once NFC becomes mainstream.
    09-07-14 07:47 PM
    Thanks for breaking that down for us BanffMoose. Have you had the opportunity to check out BES12, and if so what are your thoughts on it compared to other offerings?

Posted via CB10
    That's a question for Superfly or others.
    09-07-14 07:52 PM
    Like this too :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140907_193453.png

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-07-14 08:35 PM
    And few beers and few hours later.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140907_203805.png

09-07-14 08:39 PM
113,256 ... 28212822282328242825 ...