View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If this is true then that says alot about there confidence. Do they know something we don't
    I think all of us in here know ..... heck, we have known for a while they were coming back. That's aimed more at the rest of the mortals outside this thread

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-05-14 08:25 AM
    They just going with the flow and following everyone else's lead. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that what sheep and lemmings do as well? LoL
    sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    09-05-14 09:09 AM
    ... Did you notice that Bubbles and Randy had Z10's?

Lol.
    Errr . . . that would be "Effin Z10s" LoL
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-05-14 09:11 AM
    Thanks. That is great!
    09-05-14 09:27 AM
    The Riverwalk! Great place. Love the history, Tex-Mex cuisine, and drinks! I always recommend to friends who have a chance to check out San Antonio. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Our Local Economy Thanks You Mr BBRY! Let's not forget, we are also the home of the 2014 NBA Champions -- The San Antonio Spurs! #GoSpursGo
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-10455694_10152274486203198_1462489808877580835_n.jpg

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    09-05-14 09:31 AM
    OT: Who is picking up more HALO under 9 bucks today?.........This Guy!
    morganplus8, sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    09-05-14 09:42 AM
    I was typing when you posted this. Was gonna ask Morgan8 how much lower he expects. I want to pick some.

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    09-05-14 09:56 AM
    just bought 5000 shares, first time actually buying shares I use to only play options. The stock has trouble staying above 10 i've always noticed

sidhuk, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-05-14 09:59 AM
    I was typing when you posted this. Was gonna ask Morgan8 how much lower he expects. I want to pick some.

Lol. I was going to ask too, but I figured maybe I can save Morgan's thumbs (little BB humor there). If I may paraphrase, "This is easily a $12 stock with a $20 target in the event of an acquisition."
    09-05-14 10:01 AM
    Hi Morgan!!!

Could you please share your predictions for the Q2 results? You've been pretty close these last few times, so I'm very much looking forward to this quarter!!
    09-05-14 10:07 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd Passport U.S. Launch Event In November [REPORT]
    by Aman JainSeptember 05, 2014, 10:55 am

The U.S., once the strongest market for BlackBerry, has now moved lower on the priority list when it comes to the launch of new devices

BlackBerry Ltd NASDAQ:BBRY TSE:BB’s Passport is just days away from being officially released at three events around the world. Smartphone fans and the media are invited to attend events in Toronto, London and Dubai on Sept. 24. However, the Canadian smartphone maker has decided not to host any launch event in the U.S., at least for now.

BlackBerry Passport
    U.S. launch later

BlackBerry’s New York team will be present at the Canada event to represent the company. One probable reason for the no show in the U.S. might be that the Passport is still not ready for the country, and the latest rumors suggest that the phone will not be available in the country until February 2015, says a report from N4BB.

BlackBerry launched its Z30 model in Malaysia, and the reason cited was the increasing user base in the country, which has risen by 300%. The company launched the phone in mid-September last year. followed by the debut in the U.S. on Verizon Wireless in mid-November. The U.S. version of the Passport is expected to follow a similar timeline, says the report.

The BlackBerry Passport will be a premium product, and according to a few reports, the phone will come with a price tag of over $700. The Passport’s premium and gold versions will cost even more. The company mentioned on its blog that on Sept. 24 there will be three launch events in the presence of the Inside BlackBerry team, along with an exclusive list of media and industry guests.
    BlackBerry passport features

The BlackBerry Passport is a one-of-its-kind smartphone with s 1440�1440 pixel density, a 4.5-inch display, an innovative touch-enabled keyboard, four microphones, and stereo speakers. The phone has a battery power of 3450mAh, which is enough to run the smartphone for a whole day. The phone will run on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 chipset with a 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU aided by 3GB of RAM.

There has been a lot of discussion over the odd shape and size of the Blackberry Passport, but the company is targeting professionals across several fields, from businessmen to doctors, with this flagship handset. For instance, the company has shown an image of a chest x-ray on the device, suggesting how efficient the large screen will be for medical imagery, technical schematics, spreadsheets and other documents. The Canadian company believes that the innovative touch-enabled keyboard will allow users to communicate clearly and precisely.

valuewalk.com/2014/09/blackberry-passport-u-s-november/
    09-05-14 10:16 AM

Hi sidhuk!! O.T. Alert!!!!

Well, we get so awesome news regarding the "Fast-track/Favoured Status" for our Pancreatic Cancer Drug, but little did we know that a certain lawyer, who has a habit of delaying drug approvals, stepped in a day earlier and submitted a CP (citizens Petition) to have a strong warning put on the package for HyQ. I haven't seen this done very often, and it has never produced a negative result for any drug company that I know of in the past, but, it takes time for the FDA to review and dismiss it. This same lawyer has provided her services to the drug companies that stand to lose all of their business when HyQ is approved for USA launch. So it is of no surprise that they are delaying this drug with the hope of making the warnings so strong that their version will last in the marketplace. We haven't heard from the company, but you knew, once again, that there was something wrong with the weak rally we saw this week. With the favoured status, we should have been trading in the $ 12.00 range, but we managed a gain of only $ .30/shr that day. So there you have it, anyone can submit a CP, the FDA has to look at it, but I don't think HALO can sue them for the obvious attempt to delay the launch of HyQ.

So what does it mean to the stock price? Well, we were robbed of a healthy gain this week, so we should have been at a much higher level today. This challenge, while a weak one to say the least, (the FDA sees these sorts of things all the time and should out-law it) the implication of a severe black box warning on HyQ is something to take notice of. For me, it is a time waster, we'll still get approval in the US as the argument set forth in the CP is hypothetical and not worthy of the FDA's time. The stock is back to some support today, this problem goes away over time and we can expect a favourable out-come. I think anything below today's $ 9.00 is a screaming buy here. As for institutions and fund managers, they will hold off buying until the FDA passes judgment on this CP. GL!!
    Mr BBRY, jxnb, La Emperor and 8 others like this.
    09-05-14 10:43 AM
    BerryFlow reports this is on the G&M's last page today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00035fb2_0773cee0-350b-11e4-be02-0200ac177866.jpg
    bspence87, rarsen, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    09-05-14 10:46 AM
    This is insane ... I feel so guilty for my daughters ... Devil is in the house and I've not set the fire extinguishers right.
    IF I pressed the reset button, I would have gained access to my girl's iCloud in less than a minute.
    Please let your family know and OF COURSE don't use this 100% available and hack free technique to compromise their privacy.

This is how easy it is to hack someone?s iCloud with their security questions - The Washington Post
    Not to sound too coy, but folks need to realize that EVERYTHING said and done on the 'net' is forever in someone's digital mailbag.

I am old fashioned. When I want to take a nude selphie, or perhaps a shot of the Mrs. I pull out the ol'Polaroid.... =
    09-05-14 11:07 AM
    I can't seem to find the original tweet, but it says a lot about how JC as a leader is perceived.
    09-05-14 11:12 AM
    I can't seem to find the original tweet, but it says a lot about how JC as a leader is perceived.
    This is well written, but I think their answer on losing market shares in emerging markets and people switching devices could have been better than just "selling out on the first day (Z3)", which may be good enough if reported the day after the launch, but not worth much when six months have elapsed...
    Other then this, it's a good piece.

Posted via CB10
    BanffMoose likes this.
    09-05-14 11:37 AM
    Hi Morgan!!!

Could you please share your predictions for the Q2 results? You've been pretty close these last few times, so I'm very much looking forward to this quarter!!
    Hi _dimi_ !!!!

Now there is a difficult challenge for me; they are growing the business again, and just by how much, is the kicker.

I see Gross Margins higher versus Q1 2015, Cash on Hand flat, Operating Expenses down slightly, Handset sales up - Services down - Software up and Revenue above $ 1.1 Billion. We will see a clear shift to BB 10 handsets and along with that a huge reduction in legacy costs starting to take hold. I still see a slight loss of say $ .05/shr due to a ramp up of new product into the pipeline. They aren't exposed to sizeable S&G costs yet so the numbers will still look great. I also think Chen will claim they are a quarter ahead of schedule with Q3 showing Cash-Flow growth. The take-away from the Q will be the bottoming out of the Revenue base in favour of greater projected handset sales at lofty margins. The wild card could be BES10 uptake, as god knows, we have seen enough issues with security and false claims by their competitors.

I'll add to this list and fine tune when the date approaches. How about some others join in and add their thoughts? LOL
    09-05-14 12:08 PM
    I like your thoughts on the quarter Morgan and hope you are right as a 0.05/share loss would be an excellent result. Handset sales will be up, but addition of Z3 to product mix may have a negative impact on marginsl. Software rev will be under pressure due to migration from legacy device services and the stall in revenue related to the BES 10/12 migration and subsequent product offerings. Agree that strong BES uptake may light this thing on fire but I think this is a low probability event.
    09-05-14 12:40 PM
    I'll keep it a bit more basic I predict Cash on Hand down due to the Secusmart purchase, although no idea of the new figure. Handset sales up - Services down - Software up and Revenue up slightly, around $ 1.0 Billion. Part of me expects Services to be down significantly compared to Q1, mostly due to the Venezuela settlement we saw in Q1.. but their Hardware should be up significantly as the number of handsets sold vs. reported should be much closer in line?
    09-05-14 12:47 PM
    I like your thoughts on the quarter Morgan and hope you are right as a 0.05/share loss would be an excellent result. Handset sales will be up, but addition of Z3 to product mix may have a negative impact on marginsl. Software rev will be under pressure due to migration from legacy device services and the stall in revenue related to the BES 10/12 migration and subsequent product offerings. Agree that strong BES uptake may light this thing on fire but I think this is a low probability event.
    I'm not making any predictions but just a comment on the Z3 and margins. Remember, gross margin is the difference in price vs cost. Seeing as Foxconn took on the cost, everything BlackBerry gets from that is margin so in actuality, it's a 100%. With that said, the actual revenues they see from them will be relatively small as they just take a piece of the pie but that's the benefit/downside of this sort of arrangement.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:53 PM
    I think I disagree with your Z3 analysis, as the production costs of the device, to BlackBerry, are nearly $0. Other than the money put into the OS, which would already be an expense due to the other devices.

Therefore, it is nearly 100% margin.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-14 01:07 PM
    Hi Munx!!

Thanks, as you well know, these are estimates at best and nothing more. Chen is pretty tight on his claims of improvements for BlackBerry, telling us he is 80% confident in the company succeeding going forward, not much to go on here! I'll expand upon my reasoning for better results, the Z3 isn't BlackBerry's liability any more, it is part of the farmed out cost of doing business with a modest or pre-set profit margin. But what they are trading/replacing is the BB 9900 off-shore and that phone had terrible margins if not a loss on every handset. So in that respect BlackBerry won't be carrying the risk on that phone (Z3), which actually sounds like it is a winner! They are going to carry the risk on the Z30, Classic and the Passport though, and those three phones required/require start-up costs. So my take on the handset business is that it has improved on unit sales and margins by default.

Now, you hit it on the head, at what point does BES10 revenue take hold? The free download migration period ended at the beginning of the fiscal year. Sure, there won't be much adoption of the product until at least Q2 but it could be enough to surprise many here. I for one would be thrilled to see service revenues begin to rise from here. As for the rest, I'm still living in that frightening world that Heins created for us! GL
    09-05-14 03:02 PM
    Oops, yes my bad on the Z3 margin comment. It will in fact be a high margin contributor as a few of you have pointed out. Although I am not sure exactly how the Foxconn deal is structured as I don't believe they are taking 100% risk on this device which may result in related costs (small) on the BBRY balance sheet. I guess we will find out.

With the obvious exception of revenue and income, the two headline figures will undoubtedly be the number of handset units sold (and BB10 vs legacy mix) and the BES10/12 adoption figures (last quarter they reported 1.2M licenses to date). If we see strong adoption and an uptick in service revenue then hang on tight...unfortunately I think we are still a couple of quarters away from this happening.
    morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-14 03:15 PM
    [QUOTE=Munx;10803635]Oops, yes my bad on the Z3 margin comment. It will in fact be a high margin contributor as a few of you have pointed out. Although I am not sure exactly how the Foxconn deal is structured as I don't believe they are taking 100% risk on this device which may result in related costs (small) on the BBRY balance sheet. I guess we will find out.
    QUOTE]

I believe the risk extends to the manufacturing in terms of up-front costs and quantity produced. BlackBerry still carries all of the backend costs like promotion, distribution, sales etc., they'll get a percentage of the gross sales to cover certain amounts of that cost but it is entirely dependent on scale. It is possible, with a poorly selling handset, to lose money in that respect. The one thing that BlackBerry failed at miserably was the inventory aspect of the business and Foxconn is now holding that card. It would be academic if Z3 sales perform equal to or better than expectations for both sides. Thanks for your comments.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    09-05-14 03:47 PM
    Isn't Foxconn taking the risk on the Z3? So anything will be better than nothing?

I should have read ahead.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-05-14 03:49 PM
113,256 ... 28192820282128222823 ...