View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am seeing a ton of Q10s in downtown Ottawa and less 9900s. I have a good feeling about the handset sales this quarter.

In this quarter:
    A rise in US marketshare (Kantar)
    Discounts in 5 G8 countries
    Z3 launching in 12 countries

No discounting in Canada likely due to strong demand.

Posted via CB10
    Funny that you mention that. I saw my very 1st BB10 phone in the wild last Sunday afternoon when I went downtown to the Riverwalk (San Antonio, TX) and had dinner with some friends. I have a Q10 and struck up a convo with the lady who owned a Z10. We even exchanged BBMs lol. It's like we instantly knew we were in an elite social club haha. I informed her of the soon too be passport, and she was excited too! Apparently she wasn't even aware of it! Anywho, your post just jogged my memory and thought I'd share my recent experience also! Cheers

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    09-04-14 03:29 PM
    Funny that you mention that. I saw my very 1st BB10 phone in the wild last Sunday afternoon when I went downtown to the Riverwalk (San Antonio, TX) and had dinner with some friends. I have a Q10 and struck up a convo with the lady who owned a Z10. We even exchanged BBMs lol. It's like we instantly knew we were in an elite social club haha. I informed her of the soon too be passport, and she was excited too! Apparently she wasn't even aware of it! Anywho, your post just jogged my memory and thought I'd share my recent experience also! Cheers

Well you just jogged mine. LoL

When checking into the RV park on Tuesday the youngish lady (early 20s University student) checking me in had a Q10 sitting on the desk. When I noticed it I commented on it saying I had the Z30 and Z10. She said "I love my BlackBerry, I love the HUB and I love the BBM"
    09-04-14 05:42 PM
    So tomorrow I am depositing a lot more $$$ in my trading account. Problem is I still not positive want to pick up more BlackBerry.

The One thing holding me back is that I am wondering what the market expects from BlackBerry this quarter. Are they expecting break even? Trivial profits? Handset growth? Growth from all BlackBerry divisions? What are the expectations on wall street???? Anybody know where can find that?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts are as follows:

BES growth/ Uptake will be key...CHEN talked specifically about this last "Call" so expect these numbers to be weighted proportionately. If it's an impressive number I think we go up a ton.

I think his (Chens) comments last week have set the stage for what he will/is going to share on ER...decent emerging market sales, encouraging enterprise growth, formation of new business units, ION, Nanthealth and of course the Passport.

Finally, the only people who will be hard on "device" sales are the sell side shops...we all know here what JC is building but most don't...the sell side will work to profit on regurgitating the same old tired argument that BlackBerry is a device only company.

That's my three cents...GL with your decision.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, ibpluto, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    09-04-14 06:25 PM
    OT:

Sheshatshiu school bans mobile phones to curb fighting
    Principal Bud Davis fears what could become 'horrible postings on the internet'

Sheshatshiu school bans mobile phones to curb fighting - Newfoundland & Labrador - CBC News
    09-04-14 06:29 PM

The Riverwalk! Great place. Love the history, Tex-Mex cuisine, and drinks! I always recommend to friends who have a chance to check out San Antonio. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 07:41 PM
    My thoughts are as follows:

BES growth/ Uptake will be key...CHEN talked specifically about this last "Call" so expect these numbers to be weighted proportionately. If it's an impressive number I think we go up a ton.

I think his (Chens) comments last week have set the stage for what he will/is going to share on ER...decent emerging market sales, encouraging enterprise growth, formation of new business units, ION, Nanthealth and of course the Passport.

Finally, the only people who will be hard on "device" sales are the sell side shops...we all know here what JC is building but most don't...the sell side will work to profit on regurgitating the same old tired argument that BlackBerry is a device only company.

That's my three cents...GL with your decision.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Thanks for the opinion. I think you are pretty much bang on and over all positive quarter. My worry is that if "the street" is expecting a good quarter will BlackBerry live up to expectations?
    If not the price will obviously go down. Also, as we've seen a few times now, the shorts have big money and a lot of influence behind them.

The problem is this will be a speculative investment as need the $$ again early October. So hoping the stock goes up 2-3 dollars in that short time.

Right now thinking could go either way....

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-14 07:59 PM
    FYI sell-side analysts have nothing to do with short "selling" or "selling" anymore than buy-side analysts.

Market will be looking for evidence that BB10 handset sales are turning the corner, BES10/12 migration figures are accelerating, and updates on peripheral businesses.

Of note, next quarter will mark the last quarter of a $200M per Q royalty liability. So if Chen can get the quarterly loss under $200M by next quarter then I think we have a good shot at turning a profit in the following quarter (6 months from now).

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:19 PM
    Just read the BlackBerry blog CNN Fact Check article..

Does anybody else find it strange (and encouraging?) that BlackBerry is still writing 1.2million BES licences and 100k from competitors? Surely they must have handed out at least one more licence in the past three months...

What's the big secret?
    La Emperor likes this.
    09-04-14 09:00 PM
    Sell side may not be directly involved with shorting but they do try to move markets to create "opportunities" for their clients...i.e. the lawsuits imitated last year by BlackBerry following bogus reports from a small sell side house in NJ.

I agree though Munk...I think we are looking in the same direction.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-04-14 09:21 PM
    OT: but still related to our competition. Apparently people lining up for the new iPhone are being paid to be there!

http://bgr.com/2014/09/04/apple-iphone-6-lines/

Posted via CB10
    Strange how fickle BGR is eh?

Makes me think that these writers' have moved money out of APPL and into BBRY....
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-14 09:21 PM
    Strange how fickle BGR is eh?

Makes me think that these writers' have moved money out of APPL and into BBRY....
    They just going with the flow and following everyone else's lead. LoL

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 09:31 PM
    Well you just jogged mine. LoL

When checking into the RV park on Tuesday the youngish lady (early 20s University student) checking me in had a Q10 sitting on the desk. When I noticed it I commented on it saying I had the Z30 and Z10. She said "I love my BlackBerry, I love the HUB and I love the BBM"
    ... Did you notice that Bubbles and Randy had Z10's?

Lol.
    09-04-14 09:37 PM
    This is the time where the Blackberry marketing has to be very Agressive... Both Apple and Samsung have been agressive in their marketing, especialy Samsung with it's "anti iphone" advertising... Blackberry realy should wear the "cool shirt" and pounce on the (In)security news
    Andy_bb_king, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-14 10:09 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse, but what? 2 years??

Two years later, a huge back door in iCloud is STILL wide open:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/04/tw...ill-wide-open/

Apples Tim Cooks response to how they will remedy future attacks is rubbish. I used to get emails every time my account was used, or something was downloaded from my iTunes account, so Apples use of this same method is just hiding a larger issue with the inherent ability for iOS to remain secure. Truth is that it is only one notch higher than Android, and from history, very hackable. Just look at how easy it was to get around the password lock, and 24 hours after their 'high tech' security finger print scanner was hacked, they still somehow fooled the masses.

BTW, this article wraps up all the current hacking scandals in one article. Nicely done by the author.
    09-04-14 11:35 PM
    Spam in full effect tonight gang.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good technology endorses the Blackphone:

New ultra secure cell phone, Blackphone, is reportedly flying off the shelves

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/03/ne...f-the-shelves/

Check out the (CEO?). Yeah, I know, not even a mention as to numbers of what "flying off the shelves" means.
    09-05-14 12:42 AM
    Spam in full effect tonight gang.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good technology endorses the Blackphone:

New ultra secure cell phone, Blackphone, is reportedly flying off the shelves

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/03/ne...f-the-shelves/

Check out the (CEO?). Yeah, I know, not even a mention as to numbers of what "flying off the shelves" means.

That's funny.

Can you post this link about the Blackphone getting hacked.

http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-an...inutes-1260958

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    09-05-14 03:02 AM
    Just read the BlackBerry blog CNN Fact Check article..

Does anybody else find it strange (and encouraging?) that BlackBerry is still writing 1.2million BES licences and 100k from competitors? Surely they must have handed out at least one more licence in the past three months...

What's the big secret?
    Probably holding off on the numbers until earnings release. We could be in for a pleasant surprise
    09-05-14 05:50 AM
    09-05-14 06:11 AM
    Probably holding off on the numbers until earnings release. We could be in for a pleasant surprise
    This

Chen is talking a lot of smack these days so fingers crossed that he can back it up... :P

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:17 AM
    This is insane ... I feel so guilty for my daughters ... Devil is in the house and I've not set the fire extinguishers right.
    IF I pressed the reset button, I would have gained access to my girl's iCloud in less than a minute.
    Please let your family know and OF COURSE don't use this 100% available and hack free technique to compromise their privacy.

This is how easy it is to hack someone?s iCloud with their security questions - The Washington Post
    Corbu, Shanerredflag, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    09-05-14 06:33 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00035fb2_7a3c20b0-34ea-11e4-9d7f-0200ac11f464.png

Have a good day!
    09-05-14 06:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C00035FB2_7a3c20b0-34ea-11e4-9d7f-0200ac11f464.png 
Views:	1148 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	295891

Have a good day!
    Is this a mock up?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:37 AM
    Is this a mock up?
    I believe it is, unfortunately... Hope I am wrong!
    neteng1000, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    09-05-14 06:50 AM
    Is this a mock up?

Posted via CB10
    Not a mockup

This was published in a BBM channel by one of BlackBerry 's employee/product manager today.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 07:35 AM
    Not a mockup

This was published in a BBM channel by one of BlackBerry 's employee/product manager today.

Posted via CB10
    If this is true then that says alot about there confidence. Do they know something we don't
    ibpluto, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-05-14 08:20 AM
113,256 ... 28182819282028212822 ...