1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like money is leaving apple and piling into bbry

http://www.fool.ca/2014/09/03/billio...d-you-buy-too/
    09-03-14 10:07 AM
    If BlackBerry doesn't capitalize on these latest incidents, then I don't know what to think anymore....

Posted via CB10
    Since they don't offer (yet ?) cloud based storage, they'd probably get more wounds than wins here.
    apple is shooting the bullet in their own feet alone. Yada-yada won't convince CTOs and security admins ...

Let them crawl.
    (kind of gold speak from Bla1ze, resumed here with my own words)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-03-14 at 11:42 AM.
    09-03-14 10:33 AM
    Since they don't offer (yet ?) cloud based storage, they'd probably get more wounds than wins here.
    apple is shooting the bullet in their own feet alone. Yada-yada won't convince CTOs and security admins ...

Let them crawl.
    (kind of gold speak from Bla1ze, resumed here with my oiwn words)
    Agree, BlackBerry should stay out of the crossfire on this cloud crap, and stick to the message they have been pushing. If they had their own secure cloud, well that would be an entirely different ball game

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    09-03-14 10:36 AM
    Ah, some of us are still looking forward to the $100 party. Turns out many of us like to cook, so someone suggested that we need to have a good kitchen at the party. I will volunteer to do the eating. LOL
    I don't think my 500 shares ( I bought more) will get me quite as far as the other investors here, but please don't forget me in the $100 party planning. I wouldn't miss it for anything!
    09-03-14 11:10 AM
    http://n4bb.com/premium-gold-blackbe...sport-offered/

Premium and Gold BlackBerry Passport Might Be Offered
    09-03-14 11:21 AM
    Premium and Gold BlackBerry Passport Might Be Offered | N4BB

I want one in sheep-skin color. LoL
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-03-14 11:34 AM
    Reading the tea leaves ib style :
    Last ER, BlackBerry announced a couple days ahead that they were partnering with Amazon, great news that sent the stock upward. They then followed up with a very favorable ER. This quarter they are putting on a big announcement a couple days ahead of the ER, no doubt to launch PassPort, BES12 and Blend.....dare I say, History to repeat itself?
    CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Agree, BlackBerry should stay out of the crossfire on this cloud crap, and stick to the message they have been pushing. If they had their own secure cloud, well that would be an entirely different ball game
    CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Now, just imagine we hear - say - that BlackBerry and Amazon go further in partnership... like Amazon Cloud ?
    (J.C : "hello Nasa: can you please deliver 20 tons of propellant for my black rocket at Waterloo, Canada ?" )
    rarsen, jxnb, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    09-03-14 11:38 AM
    Premium and Gold BlackBerry Passport Might Be Offered | N4BB

I'm excited enough with the event (Eurostar booked !), stop this already !!!
    09-03-14 11:41 AM
    Im just really hoping for a big partnership announcement
    09-03-14 11:57 AM
    Billionaire Dave E. Shaw Doubled His BlackBerry Stock - https://t.co/JFa8KxAifu

"As of June, the billionaire investor owns 4.5 million shares of the company valued at around US$45.8 million."

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    09-03-14 12:24 PM
    And Louis Amstrong sings ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, Greened and 1 others like this.
    09-03-14 12:35 PM
    09-03-14 01:12 PM
    Im still sticking to we see close to 20 by new years then 35 by next new years
    ibpluto, theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    09-03-14 01:20 PM
    I know we all want to see the stock price soar into the stratosphere. Does anyone want to make an educated guess when dividends might be forthcoming?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    09-03-14 01:58 PM
    Now, just imagine we hear - say - that BlackBerry and Amazon go further in partnership... like Amazon Cloud ?
    (J.C : "hello Nasa: can you please deliver 20 tons of propellant for my black rocket at Waterloo, Canada ?" )
    That would only work for me if Amazon paid for it and Blackberry ran it. Otherwise people would be getting access to my nakid pictures. Hahahahahahahahaha.
    09-03-14 02:03 PM
    I know we all want to see the stock price soar into the stratosphere. Does anyone want to make an educated guess when dividends might be forthcoming?

I would not hold your breath on that, BBRY has a long way to go before they can talk dividend.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    bungaboy, 3_M4N and sidhuk like this.
    09-03-14 02:09 PM

Dividends usually start when growth phase is over. With iot coming, I think BlackBerry would rather spend more on R&D rather than payout money. I would say not a chance in the next 10 years.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 03:07 PM
    Let's have positive EPS first...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 03:13 PM
    So I posted the CBC report on the icloud hacked celebrity nudes on my facebook page. I posted "Protect you nude selfies own a BLACKBERRY. Loving my Z10" Now I have over 100 comments back from friends. This is how you spread the word why BB is better than apple. So here's the TMZ report from yesterday and today's show was great (I will post tomorrow). I sure hope people start switching back and realize the Amazing Blackberry phones BB10, BBM,and overall Protection. Here's TMZ Tuesday Link: tmz.com/videos/0_gjuw180q/
    lcjr, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    09-03-14 04:53 PM
    Nice read. I hope it has not been posted yet

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/apple/...leb-photo-hack
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    09-03-14 05:18 PM
    That may not be too far off. When BlackBerry announced Project Ion, didn't they say or imply that the infrastructure (backend server provider) hadn't been finalized and that it could or would change by the time it was launched? So AWS may wind up hosting Project Ion.
    09-03-14 06:35 PM
    I don't think my 500 shares ( I bought more) will get me quite as far as the other investors here, but please don't forget me in the $100 party planning. I wouldn't miss it for anything!
    It's not about how many share you hold. It's about you holding them all the way up. I can only imagine how interesting it would be to meet all of you fine people, but what really intrigues me is how this forum will evolve and blossom on our journey to $100. Wow! It really blows my mind to play that outcome out in my head. Each SP milestone would be a celebration we'd all share as we watch a story unfold the way we all predicted so long ago. Not that $20 or $30 a share wouldn't be an awesome victory, but $100+ would be the win of a lifetime. It sends chills down my spine. Anyhow, call me a dreamer like SF first said, but the idea of being part of such a significant event is something I'm willing to give a shot at... and have my money where my mouth is. It's good to have a group that I respect and enjoy along for the ride. Cheers and good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 08:20 PM
    OT: Looks like this is something a BB10.xx protected phone can withstand when paired with Securesmart. Wonder how long this has been going? And who is doing it?

"Seventeen fake cellphone towers were discovered across the U.S. last week, according to a report in Popular Science.
    Rather than offering you cellphone service, the towers appear to be connecting to nearby phones, bypassing their encryption, and either tapping calls or reading texts. "......

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/myster...162645809.html
    09-03-14 10:21 PM
    haha.... absolute deniability. I guess they aren't so confident about their capability to secure private information.
    Oh don't worry, they'll have 'an app for that'.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-14 12:04 AM
    Woo-woo!

MS and Nokia flat, BBRY up, and APPL DOWN!

I like the looks of this green mist about us.

Some news while we await the next upward step:

http://www.techinsider.net/can-black...s/1115166.html

This Apple breach is really stirring things up, and with the same-phone 6 being just around the corner, I wonder what will pan-out.

Speaking of security breaches, it would not be fair to pick on just Apple, so here is a security briefing from one of my vendors that use Linux to power their digital video recorders:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-page1.jpg
    09-04-14 12:37 AM
113,256 ... 28162817281828192820 ...