View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: rather interesting read regarding Apple's PR machine. I've only had time to speed read the main article and the comments, but thought it's a good thing to share.

"Seeing Through the Illusion: Understanding Apple?s Mastery of the Media"

http://9to5mac.com/2014/08/29/seeing...-of-the-media/
    rarsen, bungaboy, ibpluto and 2 others like this.
    08-29-14 05:59 PM
    Deep thoughts:

I make it a point to go into phone stores and drop a knowledge bomb or two on ignorant sales people who make it clear that 'BlackBerry sucks'.
    I do this to keep tabs on whom I will revisit a year later to see the look on their face when I remind them of their rude comments they made against BlackBerry.
    I'll also be sure to let them know how much money I made on the stock.

And of course if this doesn't happen, I will be sure not to revisit the stores.

Deep thoughts....
    08-29-14 07:15 PM
    Like legendary investor Warren Buffett, he prefers to hold shares in good companies “forever.”
    CDM76, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    08-29-14 07:32 PM
    Like legendary investor Warren Buffett, he prefers to hold shares in good companies �forever.�
    Just too bad no company ever stays great forever. They all fail and fall eventually.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:03 PM
    08-29-14 08:04 PM
    Just too bad no company ever stays great forever. They all fail and fall eventually.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, perhaps not, but fortunately we won't have to worry about that until BlackBerry makes it back up to the summit.
    $180 per share?
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-30-14 01:07 AM
    Yeah, perhaps not, but fortunately we won't have to worry about that until BlackBerry makes it back up to the summit.
    $180 per share?
    Now THERE is an optimist. I was going to sell at $25. But maybe I'll hold on until we hit 150-180? LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:26 AM
    Almost September... Fingers crossed next week for an early report announcement like June!
    Well, next week big news is ... SF back busy full force !
    Shorts are shaking, longs get th groove back !

Wow, it's been like a long anesthesia with a smooth wake... let me share my last dream with you :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140829_121235_panorama.jpg
    Have a nice weekend & CU on Tuesday !

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 02:07 AM
    Now THERE is an optimist. I was going to sell at $25. But maybe I'll hold on until we hit 150-180? LOL

Posted via CB10
    Remember ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140830_090813.png

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    08-30-14 02:08 AM
    Dup, kinda.
    08-30-14 02:18 AM
    This is a good read.

Why Consumers Are In The Backseat With BlackBerry

Why Consumers Are In The Backseat With BlackBerry | N4BB
    Corbu, La Emperor, 3_M4N and 6 others like this.
    08-30-14 07:04 AM

It's all good but there is a slight problem... Those videos from the BlackBerry YouTube channel hardly get any views... Let's hope that changes in the coming months!
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-30-14 at 08:01 AM.
    08-30-14 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I honestly think 25 is jumping ship to early. I think we can hit 25 by mid 2015 if Chen delivers. Once the shorts get out you will see a huge turn in media and perception of Bbry. Look at tesla, Netflix once the shorts covered how thoses stocks took off. Once Bbry starts to turn revenues and see gains every quarter it will be a growth play and PE could go out the Window as it has with tesla and Netflixs.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, bungaboy, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    08-30-14 08:42 AM
    Here ya go fellahs. Enjoy the flashback.

08-30-14 01:25 PM
    I honestly think 25 is jumping ship to early. I think we can hit 25 by mid 2015 if Chen delivers. Once the shorts get out you will see a huge turn in media and perception of Bbry. Look at tesla, Netflix once the shorts covered how thoses stocks took off. Once Bbry starts to turn revenues and see gains every quarter it will be a growth play and PE could go out the Window as it has with tesla and Netflixs.

Posted via CB10
    I think netflix and tesla are a somewhat different situation. They are the first ones in their perspective markets (kind of like the original RIM with email to go). If BlackBerry can get the early lead in IOT, then maybe we have a shot at big gains. Else we're looking at a mid-twenty sp.
    Just sayin'
    Course, I'm happy to be wrong and watch the SP soar!

BB10 4 ME
    08-30-14 01:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    True. But I also see 25$ being a psychological point for some who have been holding on and want to get out of BlackBerry.

Then again, last time I had that same thought I was going to sell at 20$ and BlackBerry only reached 18$ before plummeting.

If I sell half my shares at 25$ I've made enough profit that the other half is 100% free money. So from that perspective it might be a good call, as removes all risk. But then again what's life without a little risk eh

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-30-14 01:30 PM
    True. But I also see 25$ being a psychological point for some who have been holding on and want to get out of BlackBerry.

Then again, last time I had that same thought I was going to sell at 20$ and BlackBerry only reached 18$ before plummeting.

If I sell half my shares at 25$ I've made enough profit that the other half is 100% free money. So from that perspective it might be a good call, as removes all risk. But then again what's life without a little risk eh

Posted via CB10
    A bowl of cherries? LoL
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-30-14 01:37 PM
    If BlackBerry can get the early lead in IOT, then maybe we have a shot at big gains.
    BlackBerry needs to add acronyms such as IOST (Internet of Secure Things) or IOSPT(Internet of Secure and Private Things) to separate itself from the sea of existing and forthcoming Android and iOS based IOT devices. Awareness of privacy and security issues related to IOT has begun to spread, but public apathy/disinterest knows no bounds.

BlackBerry is also fighting against "free" android in the battle for IOT and that never turns out well. How many companies want to pay licensing fees for an OS when there is a free alternative? Or pay for a secure means of transmission when the untamed Internet is free and "secure enough"?

Right now breaches of security are just a cost of doing business. End consumers, not the businesses, have the most to lose and they Just. Can't. Be. Bothered. To. Care!

I wish BlackBerry well, but they have a very difficult fight ahead of them.
    08-30-14 02:03 PM

BlackBerry is also fighting against "free" android in the battle for IOT and that never turns out well. How many companies want to pay licensing fees for an OS when there is a free alternative? Or pay for a secure means of transmission when the untamed Internet is free and "secure enough"?

Right now breaches of security are just a cost of doing business. End consumers, not the businesses, have the most to lose and they Just. Can't. Be. Bothered. To. Care!

I agree to an extent. Just wait until the first few vehicles running Google or Apple software get hacked and it causes injuries (or is used as a weapon for terrorism) and hence multimillion (multibillion?) dollar lawsuits. The cost of using a secure system will then look like a drop in the bucket.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BanffMoose like this.
    08-30-14 03:15 PM
    OT for after hours, for those BB investors interested in some electrical vehicles numbers :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tesla-car-norway.jpg
    Presuming a vehicle making an average of 20,000km/year consuming some 0.2 kWh per kilometer, would require some 4000kWh per year. In Quebec here, this would come to a fuel saving of some $2000/year. Energy requirement for charging from home, is about the same for a hot water heater.

Was travelling to Norway this past June and where is noted that electrical vehicles are quite present, about 1 per 160 inhabitants. The best selling vehicle at this time is the TESLA. Of course encouragements for electrical vehicles presently include free sales taxes, free public parking, use of the reserved lanes, free access to ferries, etc help to promote this area. With already some 32,000 vehicles, maybe these subsidies will be reviewed when it reaches 50,000 vehicles as this is all supported by Norway government funding. Quoted reasons for adoption of these vehicles are said to be some 48% for cost economies, 27% for the environment and 12% to save time in their daily traveling.

With an improving BB Stock Price, some may possibly think of acquiring some of those beautiful cars.
    Last edited by rarsen; 08-31-14 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Include photo
    leafs123, CDM76, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    08-30-14 07:17 PM
    I agree to an extent. Just wait until the first few vehicles running Google or Apple software get hacked and it causes injuries (or is used as a weapon for terrorism) and hence multimillion (multibillion?) dollar lawsuits. The cost of using a secure system will then look like a drop in the bucket.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but how does hacking a Google/Apple infotainment system cause anything to the car itself? They have nothing to do with the internals of the car. The car will not be operated by an entertainment unit which is essentially using your phone to push out content on a bigger screen.

I understand the importance of security but let's not be over dramatic here.
    08-30-14 08:19 PM
    Sorry but how does hacking a Google/Apple infotainment system cause anything to the car itself? They have nothing to do with the internals of the car. The car will not be operated by an entertainment unit which is essentially using your phone to push out content on a bigger screen.

I understand the importance of security but let's not be over dramatic here.
    Well Google is working on full integration. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple and BlackBerry (QNX) are working on fully integrated solutions too. The driverless car being connected to the infotainment system being connected to your phone. It will soon ALL be integrated somehow.

Don't believe me? Phones are already able to turn vehicles on / off. That alone gives a way to access the vehicle control system thru your phone. And connectivity is still growing in leaps and bounds. Don't fool yourself to think that just because something doesn't appear connected that it's not. With the Internet of Things becoming a reality EVERYTHING will be open to hackers with the right skill set.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 08-31-14 at 12:25 PM.
    08-30-14 08:37 PM
    Oh, it's 4G enabled and uploads usage data?

Not a conspiracy, but if that thing was rooting phones and injecting trojans or uploading your phone's contents to some shady gov't 3 letter agency's data vault.... ;-)

Please, I'm not being too serious here...

Stop and smell the roses (while recharging) ...

OT: How to get Wall Huggers out of the house and into the Park.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-31-14 04:02 AM
    BlackBerry needs to add acronyms such as IOST (Internet of Secure Things) or IOSPT(Internet of Secure and Private Things) to separate itself from the sea of existing and forthcoming Android and iOS based IOT devices. Awareness of privacy and security issues related to IOT has begun to spread, but public apathy/disinterest knows no bounds.

Wow, respect!

IOST / IOSPT?

Awesome idea for differentiation ...

No FUD. I can see these headlines becoming an inconvenient reality.

Imagine your fridge ordering $5000 worth of groceries to an address interstate or overseas or somebody's home going up in flames because the IoT thermostat went haywire because of some malware or software bug?

Ouch... !

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    08-31-14 04:17 AM
    I support long weekends and strong coffee on a Sunday morning.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-31-14 09:13 AM
113,251 ... 28102811281228132814 ...