View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Doesn't shock me. Although what boggles the mind is that developers still build for iOS first. At this stage based on market share I would be starting with Android first.
    Market share isn't the sole measurement when it comes to monetizing an app on a ecosystem. Generally ios apps can generate more money per user/download compared to any other ecosystem
    08-29-14 07:58 AM
    Yawn...wake me when the Passport launches.

Eazzy Peazzy
    neteng1000, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    08-29-14 08:23 AM
    Market share isn't the sole measurement when it comes to monetizing an app on a ecosystem. Generally ios apps can generate more money per user/download compared to any other ecosystem
    If this is the case, BlackBerry should be first. Alec Saunders demonstrated how BlackBerry devs averaged higher revenue on average. The logic being BlackBerry users tend to have more money to spend on apps. Android the lowest due to all the free, ad filled apps.

Posted via CB10
    BanffMoose and bungaboy like this.
    08-29-14 08:32 AM
    Lol. The Top looks like q30
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/sffE1lyBx9w/

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    08-29-14 08:59 AM
    If this is the case, BlackBerry should be first. Alec Saunders demonstrated how BlackBerry devs averaged higher revenue on average. The logic being BlackBerry users tend to have more money to spend on apps. Android the lowest due to all the free, ad filled apps.

Posted via CB10
    I said it wasn't the sole measurement, obviously you have to do simple math to determine where you can make more money developing. Take into consideration 2 main things how many people can you reach (market share) and how much you can make on average per person/app download. So clearly apples markets share makes up for the difference and then some in average earning per download compared to blackberry
    08-29-14 09:17 AM
    Speaking of tax inversion and stock manipulation, here is a page out of the grand-daddy tax avoider of them all; Apple:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...issuing-bonds/

One has to think that if Apple stocks ever starts a decline, it could trigger some nasty domino effects that could hammer Apple. I didn't know that Apple walked such a fine line with US Law.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 08-29-14 at 10:43 AM.
    08-29-14 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    True, but the margin (BlackBerry) vs. Units sold (Android) ratio is still highly in favor of Android.
    Wait one year from now, and bring back your statement. I believe that it will have much more weight then. BlackBerry should be well rooted.
    bungaboy and neteng1000 like this.
    08-29-14 10:36 AM
    Lol. The Top looks like q30
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/sffE1lyBx9w/

All we need is for iPhone to start to look like the competition, because then there will be little reason to own one, and folks may start looking elsewhere for 'innovation'...

... Say, Passport?
    After all, a huge percentage of iPhone users once owned (and cherished) a BlackBerry. If BlackBerry gets 10.3 right, what possible reasons could one have to go for the iPhone??
    08-29-14 10:41 AM
    Hi Morgan8,
    September starting, what does the charts, current/future, news/roadmap, short interest says in your "opinion"?

In return I can post this MF5
    Thanks.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-weisman-roadster-mf5.jpeg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-44617_18203_1__ajh9487_3.jpg
    08-29-14 10:52 AM
    OT:

FWIW. Thought it was April Fool's Day..title says it all

New iPhone 6 photo leak shows fully assembled housing… and it’s still ugly

iPhone 6 Rumors: Leaked iPhone 6 photos show finished housing | BGR
    bungaboy and 3_M4N like this.
    08-29-14 11:01 AM
    08-29-14 11:04 AM
    Hi Morgan8,
    September starting, what does the charts, current/future, news/roadmap, short interest says in your "opinion"?

Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weisman roadster MF5.jpeg 
Views:	1766 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	294377

Name:	44617_18203_1__AJH9487_3.jpg 
Views:	1708 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	294379
    Looks better from behind. Hey where have I said that before? LoL
    08-29-14 11:10 AM
    Looks better from behind. Hey where have I said that before? LoL
    LoL, the back was shown when you said you didnt like the nose. should have done backwards.
    how is this for a back?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-6230_11165_1_ajh_8959.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-18466_17428_1_ajh_9522.jpg
    La Emperor, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-29-14 11:13 AM
    Ho Lee FUD! What a pantload by Info-Tech BESMIRCH Group
    La Emperor, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    08-29-14 11:15 AM
    Hi Morgan8,

Thanks.

Name:	Weisman roadster MF5.jpeg 
Views:	1766 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	294377

Name:	44617_18203_1__AJH9487_3.jpg 
Views:	1708 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	294379

I'll have to get back to you on that, I have a special guest arriving at my house, a top executive from Tesla and we are in talks for the day. Rarsen might be interested in this!! I'll get back to you after he is gone. Peace out!
    08-29-14 11:23 AM
    Almost September... Fingers crossed next week for an early report announcement like June!
    Last edited by bspence87; 08-29-14 at 03:54 PM.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-29-14 12:05 PM
    I'll have to get back to you on that, I have a special guest arriving at my house, a top executive from Tesla and we are in talks for the day. Rarsen might be interested in this!! I'll get back to you after he is gone. Peace out!
    OT:
    Tesla with a China Charging Station deal and at all-time high today... Wow!

Wish they did business with BBRY...
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-29-14 12:22 PM
    More iPhone6 breaking news:

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-29-14 12:36 PM
    08-29-14 12:39 PM
    to add to that above article, I thought there was a large chunk of money that BB will be able to retain in november after royalty payments were finished? I seem to recall something in that area about BB will stop paying out royalty in november. Correct me if im wrong
    08-29-14 12:59 PM
    to add to that above article, I thought there was a large chunk of money that BB will be able to retain in november after royalty payments were finished? I seem to recall something in that area about BB will stop paying out royalty in november. Correct me if im wrong
    Is this?

While there is much talk about BB losing revenue from SAF, little is mentioned about how expensive BIS is to run...

"In a research note by�CIBC World Markets analyst Todd Coupland based off recent talks with BlackBerry CFO,�James Yersh.�BlackBerry is expecting upwards of $800 million dollars in legacy costs to evaporate, with the potential for nearly 1 billion in operating costs to fall to zero.
    As part of the transition BlackBerry will reduce royalty payout to others. Another reason the quick transition to BlackBerry 10 was necessary. BIS was expensive to support, the royalties to support and launch the legacy BB devices was also very costly. But Yersh expects to bring this operating expenditure well below the 500 million a quarter mark. Another variable sum of royalties to the tune of 200m are also set to decline with BlackBerry sales volume.
    BlackBerry?s main focus is transitioning the legacy base to BB10 and reducing costs, but ultimately convincing enterprises that BlackBerry can deliver innovative and secure computing software (back and frontend). The company is seeking to monetize its IP while reducing its dependence on others.
    This bodes well for BlackBerry but in the end executive ability to retain and gain new customers-that will bring this company out from under the surface. Stop-loss is only a temporary bandage on the overriding problem

08-29-14 01:08 PM
    In second half of 2012 (pre-BB10 launch), BBRY stock was very interesting to watch. It was a wild roller coaster ride. I remember my heartbeats would change like if I were on a real roller-coaster. 10% up/down swings on day to day basis. But it is so boring to watch it this year. I want either a huge down swing (so I can add more) or a huge upswing (so I can sell and party!). Sideways moves are so boring.
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    08-29-14 01:32 PM
    In second half of 2012 (pre-BB10 launch), BBRY stock was very interesting to watch. It was a wild roller coaster ride. I remember my heartbeats would change like if I were on a real roller-coaster. 10% up/down swings on day to day basis. But it is so boring to watch it this year. I want either a huge down swing (so I can add more) or a huge upswing (so I can sell and party!). Sideways moves are so boring.
    Your wish will be granted September 26.

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-29-14 02:32 PM
    Nothing we haven't all read about but 'The Fool' seems to be getting onside.

Is BlackBerry Ltd About to Hit $20?

http://www.fool.ca/2014/08/29/is-bla...out-to-hit-20/
    jxnb, bungaboy, bspence87 and 4 others like this.
    08-29-14 03:26 PM
    Nothing we haven't all read about but 'The Fool' seems to be getting onside.

Is BlackBerry Ltd About to Hit $20?

http://www.fool.ca/2014/08/29/is-bla...out-to-hit-20/
    Every time I read an article that talks about BlackBerry for what they really are today (not just devices), I get this uncontrollable excitement.

Even more wild is that it's from a known BlackBerry bashing "analyst" site.

Somebody on here said it a few days ago. We're all invested in the best kept secret on Wall Street.
    08-29-14 04:04 PM
113,256 ... 28092810281128122813 ...