• No

427 37.82%
    LOL..Excellent ^^^^.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-27-14 08:54 AM
    Our friend did it again...great read:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2454...ckberry-killer

Eazzy Peazzy
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 13 others like this.
    08-27-14 09:05 AM
    MDM Update | Case Study: Connecting the City of Waterloo | | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

For this, also:

About Margaret Stuart
    Margaret Stuart is the Managing Director for BlackBerry Canada. Margaret recently joined BlackBerry from SAP where she served as Vice President, North American Business Development. Margaret has more than 20 years of experience in sales, product management and development with technology companies including SAP, Longview Solutions and Siemens Medical Imaging. As Managing Director for Canada, Margaret is responsible for BlackBerry’s Canadian business, including sales, marketing and operations.
    Her LNKD profile shows she joinded in April.
    08-27-14 10:36 AM
    I make it a point never to read the nonsense on SA or MF but I have to admit, this article and all of the ones by this author are excellent. Thanks for the link.

The stock is trending above its 50-dma while waiting for September to roll around. We need to break and close above $ 10.25/shr to start a buying program. Very quiet time indeed. GL
    08-27-14 11:53 AM
    City of Waterloo, adopting Blackberry technology. While it is a given, seeing it's BB's Home , what I found very interesting is the background of the writer. We got another SAP executive joining the Blackberry TEAM.
    MDM Update | Case Study: Connecting the City of Waterloo | | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    08-27-14 12:00 PM
    BlackBerry, is this you?
    deCarta

Eazzy Peazzy
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But if it is indeed BlackBerry they are now working with, should we expect to see BB Maps to start having similar functionality as Google maps?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-14 12:01 PM
    Looks like you beat me on the post Corbu.
    Corbu likes this.
    08-27-14 12:02 PM
    Looks like you beat me on the post Corbu.
    It's all cool, mate... Cheers!
    La Emperor likes this.
    08-27-14 12:08 PM
    I still think we see 18 or close to it by the new year
    theRock1975 and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-27-14 12:54 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But if it is indeed BlackBerry they are now working with, should we expect to see BB Maps to start having similar functionality as Google maps?
    Unfortunately they said "a worldwide, top 5 mobile handset manufacturer.". Didn't BlackBerry fall out of the top 10 a quarter or two ago?

I'd be happy if it were BlackBerry, but I think it's someone else. Given that 9 of the top 10 OEMs are in the Google Android camp I can't imagine who it would be, except Apple.
    08-27-14 01:12 PM
    I have been busy, so haven't been around as frequently, just a quick note on an area that BB could help.
    This morning I left a message on my secretary's phone about filling out a contract. My voice message was automatically transcribed into text and emailed to her.
    She emailed me back with ??? and attached the transcribed text message. It didn't even resemble what I talked about. Not random errors, but correct sentences that were completely out of context (it was kinda funny, it started with "Hi Michell, this is Clint", my name is no where close to Clint, but it sounds cool).

So, I thought maybe BlackBerry could help with this, given how good Assistant appears to be in 10.3.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    BlackBerry, is this you?
    deCarta
    FWIW:

deCarta has not revealed the name of their new customer, but sources outside the company and familiar with the matter said this new customer is smartphone maker Blackberry.
    Handset Maker (Blackberry?) Selects deCarta to Replace Google Local Search
    ibpluto, W Hoa, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    08-27-14 01:16 PM
    I stand corrected! YEAH!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-27-14 01:18 PM
    I have been busy, so haven't been around as frequently, just a quick note on an area that BB could help.
    This morning I left a message on my secretary's phone about filling out a contract. My voice message was automatically transcribed into text and emailed to her.
    She emailed me back with ??? and attached the transcribed text message. It didn't even resemble what I talked about. Not random errors, but correct sentences that were completely out of context (it was kinda funny, it started with "Hi Michell, this is Clint", my name is no where close to Clint, but it sounds cool).

So, I thought maybe BlackBerry could help with this, given how good Assistant appears to be in 10.3.

I agree that would be very handy!

FWIW, I know this is slightly besides the point but Rogers has the Visual Voicemail Plus function that works surprisingly well. Quite handy. Does not email the message, etc. though. Still, the transcription is 98% good.
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-27-14 01:20 PM
    I agree that would be very handy!

FWIW, I know this is slightly besides the point but Rogers has the Visual Voicemail Plus function that works surprisingly well. Quite handy. Does not email the message, etc. though. Still, the transcription is 98% good.
    Ya, love that from Rogers.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Corbu, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-27-14 01:23 PM
    Can you post the complete article?... it's subscription based

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-27-14 01:24 PM
    Can you post the complete article?... it's subscription based
    Sure. Here you go:

LBS platform supplier deCarta today announced it is now providing the local search function for a “major mobile handset manufacturer.“

deCarta has not revealed the name of their new customer, but sources outside the company and familiar with the matter said this new customer is smartphone maker Blackberry.

Not surprisingly the service utilizes TomTom map and POI content, the map licensing division of the Dutch GPS map maker being a publicly known supplier to Blackberry.

deCarta said it has been hosting and running the search service since August 7 using L2, its geo-search engine, and has replaced the search service previously provided by Google. The service already delivers millions of responses per day to users in 122 countries.

L2 offers single line search entry and a number of other features matching Google's product such as predictive entry, tolerance for misspelling, random ordering of address information or search for a POI near an address or another POI.

"We are quite happy with the market reaction to L2 since its introduction last year" said Kim Fennell, CEO of deCarta.

"We're seeing large mobile, telematics and automotive customers switch to L2 in competition against other local search engines and geocoders such as Google, Bing, Nokia/Here and Pitney Bowes,“ he added.
    08-27-14 01:39 PM
    Houston, I mean Morgan, we cleared 10.25 !
    LOL... hope that I don't jinx it.
    08-27-14 01:52 PM
    Hey M-8 or anyone who would like to comment

What are your thoughts on trading BB options over BBRY options or vice verusa?

Thanks
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-27-14 01:53 PM
    Hey M-8 or anyone who would like to comment

What are your thoughts on trading BB options over BBRY options or vice verusa?

Thanks
    The Canadian options market is very small.

Only 2% of Canadians trade options. You can expect very low volume and many strike prices have no volume at all.

Much easier to trade in the American markets.

BTW, you can't sell PUTS in registered accounts like RRSP, TFSA.. However, CALLS are allowed in these accounts.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:10 PM
    Sure. Here you go:
    So....does this mean the maps app has been using this since August 7th? or do we need an update to the app first.

Very interesting for sure

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-27-14 02:11 PM
    I stand corrected! YEAH!
    Well BlackBerry is listed on their site as a partner so that's good. Oddly, however, the article states the fifth largest handset maker and as of a month ago, that's Xioami. (sp)

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-27-14 02:16 PM
    So if this rumor with deCarta is true, how does this benefit BlackBerry? I'm missing the point of the fuss.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-27-14 02:34 PM
    Houston, I mean Morgan, we cleared 10.25 !
    LOL... hope that I don't jinx it.
    Hi man,

I get all of my technical information from my Guru Tugginmapuddin and he says the stock is poised to go higher!! LOL

As for options on BlackBerry, I wouldn't think of trading in Canada, I always use US Calls and Puts for everything, I need volume and tight pricing for large quantity trades.

Let's close above $ 10.25/shr and go painfully slowly, as if to not actually move ..... at all ...................... higher. GL
    _dimi_, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 12 others like this.
    08-27-14 02:37 PM
113,256 ... 28072808280928102811 ...