rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-26-14 06:24 AM
    Is it September yet?

Eazzy Peazzy
    Wake me up when September ends.

BB10 4 ME
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-26-14 06:38 AM
    What ?Makes BlackBerry So Secure? Let?s Look at Five Fundamentals of Security | | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

One of the best parts of being at BlackBerry is working with customers to understand their needs and concerns. In eight years with BlackBerry Security, I’ve had the chance to talk to thousands of customers ranging from government agencies to large corporations to everyday consumers.

When I started out, most people weren’t even sure if they needed security on their phones. Today, security and privacy are hot topics for everyone who owns a mobile device. Governments and enterprises need to secure their data to ensure that it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. High-profile corporate data leaks have caused tremendous damage and drawn attention to the need for secure Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Consumers, meanwhile, want the freedom to download apps, connect to social networks and interact with their friends anywhere and anytime while maintaining their right to private communication.

The question is no longer whether security is important. The question is: What makes BlackBerry so secure?

To answer that, let’s step back and look at the fundamentals:

- Security is extremely difficult. The defender needs to protect all of the entry points, while the attacker only needs one vulnerability.

- Security is only as strong as its weakest link. Hackers, home intruders and electricity follow the path of least resistance. If you lock, deadbolt and chain the front door, make sure you don’t leave the window open.

- Security is about economics. No system is impenetrable, so security needs to be implemented in the right places. The resources spent on security need to align with the value of what you’re protecting.

- Secure systems need secure foundations. To be effective, security needs to be baked into the system from the very beginning. Security is not a feature or an enhancement; it’s a fundamental property of the system.

- Security takes time and experience. You cannot build a secure product overnight, and you cannot compromise on security. The only true test is the test of time.

At BlackBerry, our software and hardware are BlackBerry-built, providing an end-to-end layered defense, beginning at the crucial hardware root of trust. We verify the authenticity of the OS and software every single time any BlackBerry device in the world boots up. The fortified foundations of the QNX Neutrino microkernel provide integrity, resiliency and security. Resilient enough to power cars and nuclear plants and designed to fail safe, the QNX core protects against malware, tampering and data leakage. Data is encrypted and secured on the device, across our trusted network and behind the corporate firewall. BES10 provides manageability, BBM Protected provides secure instant messaging and BlackBerry Guardian protects against mobile malware.

For more than 15 years, we’ve infused security into every aspect of our product designs. New attacks are always emerging and we invest heavily to develop new security technologies, improve product quality and provide customers with security tools and guidance. We work closely with customers, researchers and partners to defend and fortify the security and privacy of our products.

We’re very happy to see the industry recognize the importance of mobile security and work to improve their products. But when it comes to true end-to-end security trusted by the world’s most powerful leaders, the choices are few and far between. BlackBerry is synonymous with mobile security, and we will continue to do everything we can to protect our valued customers and their data.
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-26-14 at 07:51 AM.
    08-26-14 06:43 AM
    08-26-14 07:56 AM
    Wow...not good.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-26-14 08:01 AM
    Whooops...pulled the post, I should really read before I press lol.
    08-26-14 08:09 AM
    Will It Blend? Maybe. BlackBerry�s secret comeback weapon

Former smartphone giant BlackBerry has another trick up its sleeve for its comeback, alongside the oddest looking phone in recent years. The Passport is expected to be unveiled next month, along with an intriguing bit of software, the as-yet-unannounced BlackBerry Blend.

Part of the forthcoming 10.3 BB10 release, Blend �casts� messaging and Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM) onto a local screen, such as a PC Mac or a tablet, using the BlackBerry device as a secure communications gateway. It�s a cross between Palm Desktop and Nokia�s Lifeblog software, but looks very well thought out, and is designed to appeal to consumers as well as BlackBerry�s core enterprise customers. Blend also appears to be a replacement for media transfer, which is not a strong point of the current BlackBerry Link suite................

Today, PCs and Macs don�t come with an integrated PIM, and Outlook is overkill for most users, and painfully sub-optimal for handling IMAP messages. Perhaps Blend is in with a shout � if it works well.

BlackBerry has (quite rightly) clamped down on leaks and has yet to mention Blend in any public statement. We shouldn�t have to wait long to see it in action.
    Full read Will It Blend? Maybe. BlackBerry?s secret comeback weapon ? The Register
    08-26-14 08:28 AM
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/26/l...=rss_truncated

"it suggests that officials were doing personal favors rather than taking kids' needs into account"

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    08-26-14 09:45 AM
    Bout time...love this idea:
    http://jdem.cz/bqf445

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-26-14 10:03 AM
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/25976...medium=twitter

Interesting OT. Maybe blackberry can get a contact signed with these guys to make Z3s?

BB10 4 ME
    08-26-14 10:15 AM
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/25976...medium=twitter

Interesting OT. Maybe blackberry can get a contact signed with these guys to make Z3s?
    Isn't Huawei based in mainland China? If so, that may preclude them from BlackBerry as well given that China is known to be a state actively sponsoring cyber attacks and/or other bad things over the intertubez. (a bit of sarcasm there...)

Anyway, on a more serious note, some governments and corporate customers probably won't buy from a mainland China based company (unless it's Lenovo). Otherwise why not?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-26-14 10:37 AM
    BlackBerry needs an 'in' for China. All those low cost manufacturer making android phones might hurt Samsung's bottom line but they'll push android adoption higher into the stratosphere. BlackBerry is focusing on emerging markets because that's where the growth is. BlackBerry needs to get into China somehow.

BB10 4 ME
    08-26-14 10:48 AM
    BlackBerry needs an 'in' for China. All those low cost manufacturer making android phones might hurt Samsung's bottom line but they'll push android adoption higher into the stratosphere. BlackBerry is focusing on emerging markets because that's where the growth is. BlackBerry needs to get into China somehow.
    Seeing as how China has their Great Firewall, BlackBerry would most likely have to be willing to install a NOC inside China. BlackBerry already had facedowns with India, Saudi Arabia and a few other countries regarding security and encryption. What kind of concessions would they have to make with China? If they were to install a NOC in China, how would the Western Governments say?

Encryption...consumers don't think anything about it and today's governments don't want people to have it. But that's BlackBerry's main selling point!
    08-26-14 11:24 AM
    Sure, there's a NOC in India. India wants to monitor traffic. They still don't get the encryption keys. All governments want to be able to monitor their populations, but is denying secure Internet access the way to do it? Seems like that's lending itself more to organized crime. And since the criminal element always seems to be a little ahead of government, doesn't it make sense for everybody to have encryption and lock the doors on the blackhats. Now, if you are arguing that the government's of the world are in bed with organized crime or that they are the biggest criminals of all, well, that's a whole other kettle of fish...

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-26-14 11:55 AM
    Holy low volume today batman!

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-26-14 12:24 PM

BB10 4 ME
    Chinese Android phones do not use Google Play services thus they do not count towards the overall adoption of Android in the world. These OEMS have created their own app stores and services that go together with the their forked Android handsets (like Amazon).
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-26-14 12:54 PM
    Mid month short numbers will be released at 4pm today.

Predictions? Last report was 88.5M

I predict a small drop to: 87.0M

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-26-14 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    i predict 86
    08-26-14 01:05 PM

Posted via CB10

My guess 81-84 mil
    08-26-14 01:12 PM
    I'll fill the gap and say 85!

But I'd like it to stay the same for another month and see the SP climb before the shorts get out...

BB10 4 ME
    08-26-14 01:21 PM
    Will It Blend? Maybe. BlackBerry�s secret comeback weapon

Full read Will It Blend? Maybe. BlackBerry?s secret comeback weapon ? The Register
    Blend it like Beckham!
    08-26-14 01:21 PM
    Blend it like Beckham!
    I guess depending on how robust the UI of Blend is, it can easily replace Outlook!

Huuuummmm....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-26-14 01:31 PM
    I guess depending on how robust the UI of Blend is, it can easily replace Outlook!

Huuuummmm....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Dare I say the outlook seems favorable for Blend!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:45 PM
    I'll fill the gap and say 85!

But I'd like it to stay the same for another month and see the SP climb before the shorts get out...

BB10 4 ME

Eazzy Peazzy
    morganplus8, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-26-14 02:53 PM
    Short interest at 88,846,883
    08-26-14 03:05 PM
113,256 ... 28052806280728082809 ...