View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I ordered a set of those glasses from the back of a comic book in the mid 70's. Never got them to work right though.
    Same here. Still waiting for a refund.
    08-21-14 04:17 PM
    50s version of that application...

I begged and begged my parents to get those every time I got a new comic book lol

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 04:28 PM
    HOLY Crap has anyone seen the premiums on the Jan 15 2016 call options
    No....but I'm going to go look. Been holding those for 5 months.
    08-21-14 05:21 PM
    Three top stock picks from Morgan Meighen’s Michael Smedley

Three top stock picks from Morgan Meighen?s Michael Smedley - The Globe and Mail

Michael Smedley is executive vice-president and chief investment officer at Morgan Meighen & Associates. His focus is on Canadian equities.

Top Picks:

BlackBerry Ltd. (BB TSX)

Latest fund purchase was an averaging down at $14.70 in December 2011. This reduced the average cost to $24.27.

This is a long shot in every way but it might just be the right time to give in and put on a recommendation ahead of everyone else. Perhaps its misery is now close to being a past event. The stock is still one of the most broadly covered in the market which is something of a phenomenon explained by the communications technology sector following of Mr.Chen. The sector likes his legendary turnaround record with previous interests. Mr. Chen is unusual. He seems to apply – without dreams, puffery or unrealistic claims – a special logic about what can be done and how to get there. The market has already realized that the way forward is a new BlackBerry company, not an attempt to recreate big ownership of the consumer space that is lost. That struggle is for the newer incumbents against each other. BlackBerry has moved on.
    08-21-14 06:57 PM
    BlackBerry Passport to Feature Corning?s Gorilla Glass 3 | N4BB

When BlackBerry first launched the Z10, there was some misunderstanding about the glass used to protect the LCD. BlackBerry later clarified to us that, “The hardened display glass uses a new technology called Touch on Lens, where the touch technology is applied on the back side of the cover glass to eliminate the need for a separate touch panel. This helped us achieve the thinnest BlackBerry Smartphone to date.”

BlackBerry continued using Touch on Lens in the BlackBerry 10 smartphones to follow. However, BlackBerry looks to be changing this with the Passport.

We’ve received a full spec sheet for the BlackBerry ‘Windermere’ Passport. We can confirm what has already been stated: 453 PPI and 4.5-inch screen with 1440�1440 resolution. Today, we can exclusively reveal that the Passport will in fact use Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3.

Will this become the standard for BlackBerry 10 devices? Hard to tell at this point. This is the first tangible spec sheet we’ve been handed on the Passport. Once the other devices are ready for their market release, we’ll gain further insight to the future.
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-21-14 at 07:36 PM.
    bungaboy, ibpluto, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    08-21-14 07:24 PM
    Blackberry expects strong growth for its enterprise services in India - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: BlackBerry is expecting strong growth for its enterprise services in India as snooping-wary corporates strengthen the security of their communication systems. The Canadian company that makes smartphones and provides secure communication services says its enterprise services — BES 10 and BBM Protected - are witnessing increasing demand from Indian corporates, especially from those working in sensitive fields.
    BlackBerry has started talks with corporate clients also for its voice-encryption solution, which is built on the anti-eavesdropping technology of German's SecureSmart that it acquired recently. BlackBerry India MD Sunil Lalvani said the addition of SecureSmart's encryption capability completes BlackBerry's enterprise security portfolio.

A lot of governments worldwide want data to be encrypted all the time as well as voice encryption, Lalvani said. "The biggest win for SecureSmart was with the German government with 13 out of 14 departments using BlackBerry devices and BES 10 solution with voice encryption."

Under CEO John Chen, Black-Berry has renewed its focus on enterprise customers who were losing faith because, as the CEO has said, it was too busy launching handsets to focus on corporate customers. The company, which was on the brink about a year ago, is transitioning itself from a smartphone maker to a product-***-services provider and considers business in India important for an overall turnaround.

BlackBerry had dominated the Indian smartphone space before losing out to rivals such as Apple and Samsung. BlackBerry's security adviser, Marcus Klische, is in the country for active discussions with local enterprises for enterprise solutions, including the SecureSmart-based voice encryption. According to Lalvani, some financial companies and regulated industries are evaluating the solution.

Klische told ET that BlackBerry has reached out to Indian corporates after the major win from the German government. Germany's efforts to secure its government communications come after documents leaked by US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden showed that the American National Security Agency had actively snooped on Berlin.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    08-21-14 07:30 PM
    How does this stuff compare to sapphire glass I wonder? Also, what other devices use GG3....anyone know?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    08-21-14 07:34 PM
    Newer BlackBerry Blend Retail Demo

Posted by Bla1ze. Thanks!

Edit: More from the man himself - http://crackberry.com/newer-blackber...nd-os-10301052
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-21-14 at 09:43 PM.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    08-21-14 07:34 PM
    Regarding that x-ray image in the new Passport.... now that would be a cool app. Of course, I would tame it down some and just be able to see just past the clothing but not quite past the skin.
    So what we are seeing is that the new Passport comes complete with an X-Ray vision camera!?
    Cool!

Back on Topic.

Boring lately, but looky:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140821_181908.png

[Head and Shoulders], knees and toes....
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-14 08:58 PM
    OT - this new 10.3 leak is very very nice on my Z30 btw. Excellent work BlackBerry! Huge update coming.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140821_221120.png

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:14 PM
    Confirmed: No High-end All-touch BlackBerry in 2014 | N4BB

As I type this, a BlackBerry 2014 Global Roadmap is staring me in the face. It has solidified and confirmed my previous notion where I made the presumption BlackBerry had slowed its roll towards the high-end all-touch market.

Many BlackBerry fans said my previous assessment was very wrong. “What about the Ontario?! Or the device Chen said would ‘win over new customers’ in the CNET interview?!,” they clamored.

Unfortunately, it seems I was very right. BlackBerry currently has only four devices in its 2014 portfolio aligned with specific market opportunities: Affordable, Classic, Innovative, and Prestige.

The BlackBerry Z3 LTE ‘Manitoba’ set as Affordable, Q20 as Classic, Passport as Innovative, and the P’9983 ‘Khan’ as Prestige:

Z3 LTE target market: “upgrade for feature phone and BBOS, and for enterprise fleet renewal.”
    Classic Q20 target market: “upgrade for BlackBerry QWERTY base and enterprise fleet renewal.”
    Passport target market: “Bring X-Pros back to BlackBerry and for business execs.”
    P’9983 target market: “…the expectations and purchase behaviors of the affluent and wealthy.”

BlackBerry has finally realized their overall target audience does not include users who want a high-end all-touch device. As I said before, I’ll say it again, “…the writing is on the wall… and in the balance sheet. BlackBerry isn’t seeing results from BlackBerry 10, let alone an all-touch BlackBerry 10 smartphone. A device like the BlackBerry Z10 caused BlackBerry a massive writedown of about $934 million.”

While I am deeply saddened there won’t be a high-end all-touch device anytime soon, I completely understand and accept the reason. BlackBerry needs to focus on their core user base and regain profitability before they can attack the ‘be all’ smartphone market. With a limited portfolio comprised of devices specifically tuned to their actual target audience it will help steer the ship from sinking.

Once the aforementioned four devices seed throughout the world, we can gain a better understanding of BlackBerry’s continued direction. Perhaps, in 2015 BlackBerry will expand its focus and once again look to capture the high-end all-touch market.

Until then, users who are currently on the Z10 or Z30 and itching for a new device may find comfort in the Z3 LTE. Affordable moniker aside, the Z3 LTE is pegged to encompass similar specs as the Z30. If you’re just in the mood for change, the Z3 LTE might be right for you.
    08-21-14 09:29 PM
    BlackBerry Porsche Design P?9983 ?Khan? First Look | N4BB

BlackBerry plans to release another iteration in the Porsche Design family. This time, the BlackBerry P’9983 ‘Khan’ is next in line as the second generation Porsche BlackBerry QWERTY.

The P’9983 will be the first BlackBerry 10 QWERTY smartphone from Porsche Design. We previously gave you exclusive details on the ‘Khan’ where we found the specs to be:

3.5-inch touchscreen
    3 GB RAM
    Dual-core 1.7 GHz CPU
    64GB Memory

The P’9983 will evidently not bring a TrackPad. However, the device will bring a keyboard, which looks like a blend between the Q10 with styled buttons found on the Passport. Though, the P’9983 will not have a capacitive touch keyboard like the Passport.

As shown in the first ever, N4BB exclusive photo of the P’9983, the device will come standard in a matte black color. The Porsche Design and BlackBerry logos have been repositioned in contrast to its predecessor the P’9981.

The BlackBerry P’9983 looks to be releasing around the same time as the Passport in late Q3 2014. BlackBerry OS 10.3 (not 10.3.1) will initially be loaded up on this bad boy. You can likely expect the P’9983 to include a $2,000 USD price tag, as it is targeted towards, “…the expectations and purchase behaviors of the affluent and wealthy.”
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-p9983-comparison.jpg

Edit: Bla1ze has already covered this. Sorry.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-por...s-its-backside

Props to N4BB for some pretty good stuff. As well as Bla1ze, per usual.
    08-21-14 09:35 PM
    Passport (Gorilla Glass3) exposed:
    CORNING� GORILLA� GLASS | Corning� Gorilla� Glass for Interior Architecture

Oh....

And the "other fruit" went...
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 08-21-14 at 10:29 PM.
    lcjr, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-21-14 09:48 PM
    I'll tell ya, at first I didn't like the image of the new upcoming Passport. But as I studied it and watched it I began to have it grow on me. This is going to be a real interesting introduction for sure. I'm just picturing me at a meeting putting that in my suit pocket after I've looked at the PowerPoint briefing and already have my response prepared because I'm in sync with my command. That phone will be instrumental in our DoD implementation policies, it just takes longer to get into the workforce. Blackberry is here to stay in the DoD.
    08-22-14 12:21 AM
    May be time to start shooting Microsoft?

Healthcare employees in Florida choose Chromebooks over Windows, iPad

http://gigaom.com/2014/08/21/healthc...-windows-ipad/

Someone needs to show this Healthcare facility the new Passport. I can't image having to cart around laptops in favor of a Passport.
    08-22-14 01:27 AM
    BlackBerry Porsche Design P?9983 ?Khan? First Look | N4BB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9983-comparison.jpg 
Views:	936 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	292340

Edit: Bla1ze has already covered this. Sorry.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-por...s-its-backside

Props to N4BB for some pretty good stuff. As well as Bla1ze, per usual.
    How come the P'9983 has a dedicated soft "hub" icon on the bottom left, instead of "phone" - if it isnt going to have the toolbelt.

I think n4bb has it wrong and the "Khan" will have the toolbelt. Its supposed to be the classic repackaged.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-22-14 01:58 AM
    How does this stuff compare to sapphire glass I wonder? Also, what other devices use GG3....anyone know?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I have GG3 on my Nexus 5 and it's been pretty durable. My phone has taken a beating from drops and it finally has some small scuffs on the screen. The majority of Android OEMs use GG3.

As for comparison to sapphire, it's hard to tell. Kyocera is the only OEM right now who has used sapphire screens on their phones but they're not that popular in North America at least. Apple is first major manufacturer to use this on phones and the results are yet to be seen on how the screens implemented and designed.

I should also note that GG3 has been around since early 2013.
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-22-14 06:49 AM

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Aren't iPhones made with gorilla glass. I see cracked iPhones all the time....

BB10 4 ME
    08-22-14 07:05 AM

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I started a thread about that in Forum->General Discussion. But, to cut a long story short it seems that the Gorilla Glass is a beast compared to a Sapphire Glass
    08-22-14 07:05 AM
    Aren't iPhones made with gorilla glass. I see cracked iPhones all the time....

BB10 4 ME
    They're not. Apple has their own glass tech.
    08-22-14 07:15 AM
    Could it just be a way for Apple to differentiate itself? Like the Retina display? Not better than what is out, but a different name to be quoted? From a marketing perspective it seeks to fit their profile.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-22-14 07:16 AM
    08-22-14 07:31 AM
    Don't look at me, I just happened to wake up and go straight to Twitter this morning....LOL

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-22-14 07:37 AM
    They're not. Apple has their own glass tech.
    Actually did some more research it turns out Apple does use GG but they use GG2, you where bang on about the DROID devices using GG3 such as SG4, 5, HTC one...etc

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and leafs123 like this.
    08-22-14 07:41 AM
    Don't look at me, I just happened to wake up and go straight to Twitter this morning....LOL
    Credit where credit is due, ibpluto! Thanks.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, ibpluto and 1 others like this.
    08-22-14 08:01 AM
113,256 ... 28002801280228032804 ...