View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    08-21-14 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry is Brilliant to David Cameron | News | Mobile Enterprise(ME)

By Lori Castle, Editor in Chief — August 21, 2014

"It's well-known that the heads of the most powerful countries in the world choose BlackBerry smartphones, for the strong security, productivity and connectivity that they provide"—this according to the Inside BlackBerry blog.

The company affirms that U.S. President Barack Obama, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other senior German officials use BlackBerry devices "enhanced with super-strong anti-surveillance technology from our recently-acquired firm, Secusmart."

In addition, BlackBerry points to a spontaneous photo op that occurred last year when Denmark's Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt used a Z10 to take selfie with Obama and British Prime Minister, David Cameron.

"It was Cameron who was publicly declaring his reliance on BlackBerry this week," according to the blog post. Apparently Cameron is a long-time BlackBerry user, who even runs the British government from his BlackBerry while on vacation.

Brilliant BlackBerry

The blog post quoted Cameron's statement to the media where he said, "Wherever I am in the world, I am always within a few feet of a BlackBerry and an ability to manage things should they need to be managed. And indeed as I have done on I think almost every holiday that I have enjoyed over the past few years, I am able to return instantly should that be necessary."

BlackBerry also noted a report from The Telegraph that said the UK government under Cameron has banned iPads from high-level Cabinet meetings for fear that the devices could be bugged by foreign intelligence agencies.

More spying concerns have caused Australian intelligence officials to take away foreign minister Julie Bishop's iPhone when "after they discovered that it had been hacked during tense negotiations related to the Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 shot down in the Ukraine last month that killed several hundred passengers."

CEO John Chen had promised an initiative a month until the end of the year; most recently the company, announced that Secure Work Space for iOS and Android had received Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) approval, by the U.S. Defense Information Agency, which is part of the U.S. Department of Defense.

The blog quoted Stacy Crook, mobility analyst at IDC, who said, "The STIG certification serves as an indication that BlackBerry Secure Work Space for iOS and Android is well positioned to meet the strict security requirements that many enterprise and government agencies require."

BlackBerry's next device—The Passport—is coincidentally aptly named for world leaders and features a square design and keyboard.
    08-21-14 11:09 AM
    08-21-14 11:34 AM
    And yet never a mention that Windows Phone was around for two years before BB10 was introduced. Meanwhile BB10 underwent how many assassination attempts and an attempted-suicide attempt last year?

BB10 should be renamed "RasputinOS".
    08-21-14 11:42 AM
    Hmmmm, I wonder who paid The Guardian to print that?
    La Emperor, sidhuk, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    08-21-14 11:48 AM
    With all the advertising millions Microsoft spending since years they are still behind BlackBerry in the UK? That is surprising me. It's scary (for Microsoft) .

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:55 AM
    these guys just keeps winning awards for their innovation...

QNX Acoustics for Active Noise Control wins a Silver Stevie | N4BB
    08-21-14 11:58 AM
    Just in case
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os-...-now-available

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    08-21-14 01:13 PM
    I think we are at the bottom of the U-curve for BlackBerry devices gaining traction. I heavily doubt that we will see a reduction in devices after the next two devices get launched. This is, of course, against the declining legacy device base, but now that a 'proper' remedy for the Bold 9900 is around the corner (classic), those folks will most likely give it a try before considering another brand.
    Hey! They have held out for this long because those legacy users strictly focus on productivity, so what basis is there to think that they won't try the new version of their beloved 9900?

That said, I received a cool email this morning. It reflects the BlackBerry EMM solution and them stating "Say yes to BYOD", which I thought was rather ballsy, considering all the nay-sayers pushing the "BlackBerry is dead because of BYOD" nonsense.

Hope the link works, otherwise Corbu or Bunga will have to post it:
    --------------
    What does your business need to enable true mobile productivity?

http://app.biz.blackberry.com/e/es.a...c9819b7e8575ef

--------------

Really clean, well though out page.
    08-21-14 01:25 PM
    If that wasnt the biggest pump and drop ive ever seen i have no idea what is.
    08-21-14 01:27 PM
    Just in case
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.0.1052 autoloaders now available | CrackBerry.com

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    I can do without the wallpaper (Batman black or Porsche grey for me), but how about those nifty icons!!
    08-21-14 01:32 PM
    I'm not being picky am I, but wouldn't the icons look better in 3D? You know, like they're standing on the background instead of looking like stickers just stuck on there?

Just me thinking out loud mind you.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    08-21-14 01:47 PM
    I'm not being picky am I, but wouldn't the icons look better in 3D? You know, like they're standing on the background instead of looking like stickers just stuck on there?

Just me thinking out loud mind you.
    Well, LC, flat is the new 3D apparently. All of the os's have gone this route.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-21-14 01:53 PM
    OT

Hi all,
    just played a bit with [censored.censored] and wanted to share my 180� view tonight, just before "beer thirsty" and dinner
    Cheers all, trying to keep my 15% ratio fine for today
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pano.jpg
    08-21-14 01:54 PM
    Hey CJ! Yeah, I know but was just thinking out loud. I'll get back to work now. Gained about 5 pounds at lunch and can barely keep my eyes open. Hope everyone's having a great day and not too upset we dropped below $10. It'll go back up soon enough.
    08-21-14 02:05 PM
    Hmmmm, I wonder who paid The Guardian to print that?
    Microsoft will pay top dollar for printed lies. The fact is no one really uses WP as it lacks the apps people want. In fact WP lacks a ton of apps. With Amazon coming to BlackBerry WP is toast. The fact is WP is already DOA.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and rarsen like this.
    08-21-14 02:26 PM
    I think we are at the bottom of the U-curve for BlackBerry devices gaining traction. I heavily doubt that we will see a reduction in devices after the next two devices get launched. This is, of course, against the declining legacy device base, but now that a 'proper' remedy for the Bold 9900 is around the corner (classic), those folks will most likely give it a try before considering another brand.
    Hey! They have held out for this long because those legacy users strictly focus on productivity, so what basis is there to think that they won't try the new version of their beloved 9900?

That said, I received a cool email this morning. It reflects the BlackBerry EMM solution and them stating "Say yes to BYOD", which I thought was rather ballsy, considering all the nay-sayers pushing the "BlackBerry is dead because of BYOD" nonsense.

Hope the link works, otherwise Corbu or Bunga will have to post it:
    --------------

--------------

Really clean, well though out page.

BlackBerry Fact:

There's a reason why we have more global EMM customers than our top 3 competitors combined: they trust BlackBerry�.
    lcjr, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    08-21-14 02:57 PM
    Well, LC, flat is the new 3D apparently. All of the os's have gone this route.

Posted via CB10
    Less gpu intensive = better flow. Apple started the trend to reduce power consumption.

BB10 4 ME
    lcjr likes this.
    08-21-14 03:34 PM
    BlackBerry Releases New Image of Passport with X-Ray on Screen | Inside BlackBerry

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passport_white_xray.jpg

The above image portrays an x-ray of a lung viewed on the large square touchscreen found only on the BlackBerry Passport. In situations where you need a greater view of documents, medical imagery or technical schematics – screen size really does matter.

The 4.5-inch screen on the BlackBerry Passport is 1,440 x 1,440 pixels providing unique clarity and dimensions for a smartphone. Images like the one above, when viewed on other smartphones, can appear not only smaller, but less clear – opening the door to missed information. I’m no doctor, but I suspect having a clear view of the situation is key in reaching the correct diagnosis. In fields, where decisions can be a matter of health or safety, seeing the whole picture in detail is invaluable.

The BlackBerry Passport is purpose built with these situations in mind and more. With an innovative touch-enabled keyboard that allows you to communicate clearly and precisely, a battery large enough to power through your day, and the apps to get serious work done – the Passport is built for professionals like you and me.

The app shown on screen is Nil by Claron Technology.

Key Features

• Diagnostic viewer with advanced capabilities
    • 2D, multi-planar reformatting (MPR)
    • 3D and echocardiology with full cine.
    • Window/level, zoom, pan, rotate and related features enable comprehensive image manipulation
    • Integrate with DICOM network or EMR/EHR systems

Here’s why it’s designed to look amazing on the BlackBerry Passport:

• Interactive viewing of 2D/3D imaging records easier on larger, high pixel-density screen
    • Touch-enabled keyboard makes image manipulation fast, easy, and accurate
    • Maximizes productivity/collaboration among care team
    • High capacity battery designed to last all-day
    Sweet!
    08-21-14 03:40 PM
    Glad to see you back LCJR!

Hey CJ! Yeah, I know but was just thinking out loud. I'll get back to work now. Gained about 5 pounds at lunch and can barely keep my eyes open. Hope everyone's having a great day and not too upset we dropped below $10. It'll go back up soon enough.
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    08-21-14 03:57 PM
    Regarding that x-ray image in the new Passport.... now that would be a cool app. Of course, I would tame it down some and just be able to see just past the clothing but not quite past the skin.
    08-21-14 04:03 PM
    Regarding that x-ray image in the new Passport.... now that would be a cool app. Of course, I would tame it down some and just be able to see just past the clothing but not quite past the skin.
    50s version of that application...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-xray-glasses-1-.gif
    08-21-14 04:10 PM
    08-21-14 04:11 PM
    I ordered a set of those glasses from the back of a comic book in the mid 70's. Never got them to work right though.
    cjcampbell and Corbu like this.
    08-21-14 04:12 PM
    General information on various mobile payment competition with PayPal, Apple, Facebook, BlackBerry, Amazon, Groupon., etc

5 Unprecedented Threats Force Change With eBay's PayPal - NASDAQ.com

Comment: Will need proven robust security, I'm personally still wondering if Target will survive its huge credit card hack...
    Last edited by rarsen; 08-21-14 at 06:03 PM.
    jxnb, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    08-21-14 04:14 PM
113,250 ... 27992800280128022803 ...