View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Has anybody seen an image of a passport plugged into a monitor or tv? I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like.

BB10 4 ME
    I'm also curious about this. When using miracast, will it be stuck at 1:1 or will it have 16:9 capabilities?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:29 AM
    08-20-14 08:38 AM
    And so the journey begins..
    08-20-14 08:38 AM
    And so the journey begins..
    LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-graphics-yo-yo-782042.gif
    _dimi_, sidhuk, ibpluto and 4 others like this.
    08-20-14 08:46 AM

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140820_155505.png

Me like

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, bungaboy, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    08-20-14 08:57 AM
    LOL Bungaboy!

Morgan predicted 10,80 usd by the end of August, with real fireworks starting in September. Not much time left to play yo-yo
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    08-20-14 09:11 AM
    The time has come. I've been holding since prior to the z10 launch and increased my position by 40% over the last couple of months. The Chen Effect is taking hold. Patience everyone.
    Apparently Chen chose the name Passport because he knows most of us will need our passport to get to the $100 party in France.
    Wishing you all patience and good health.
    Here's hoping the shorts finally get cooked.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:20 AM
    C'mon AAPL, 5 cents to go...

Edit... below 100. Where it should be...
    08-20-14 09:35 AM
    [...] to get to the $100 party in france [...]
    !!! Deal !!!
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-20-14 09:38 AM
    WTF is wrong with $ BBRY Today? Meesa gonna missa bashers today? Lol

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    08-20-14 09:40 AM
    Geeze I didn't see much reporting on this.

The World's Best Mobile OS

The World's Best Mobile OS | Digit.in

We looked at over 1000 parameters to compare Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone

From CB thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ile-os-953034/

The underdog takes the crown. The BlackBerry 10.2 OS is undoubtedly the best designed mobile OS out of the box that’s currently available in the market. We were stunned by the result and to be honest, we delayed sending the magazine to print a day just to recheck everything. BlackBerry’s been behind the times for some time, if we're honest, and BB10 was supposed to be the game-changer. Quite frankly though, most people haven't given the OS much attention. While we’re not arguing the justification for that disdain, it’s quite clear that the OS deserves much more attention than it actually receives.

Now BlackBerry OS 10.2 (10.2.1.2977 for those who want specifics) has, by today’s standards, a very lacklustre browser – lacking even basic sync functionality, a messaging app (SMS) that’s also very basic, and that’s it. Those were the only real downsides to the OS. The browser itself is not terrible, and gets most things done, but with a whole range of other features being offered by the other platforms, somehow quick rendering and a reader mode don't make up the gap.

BlackBerry OS 10.2 boasts of the most feature-rich search engine, an e-mail and contact management system that’s second to none, and is also surprisingly more customisable than we thought it would be, and also offers a good photography and video capture experience.
    The sheer functionality offered by the OS, out-of-the-box, just cannot be ignored. Once you complete the initial setup, the device is perfectly capable of performing just about any and every task you would expect from a phone, and then some.

Take the search functionality, it truly is a universal search. A function that scans every bit of data on your phone, including browser history, e-mail and SMS conversations and much more. No other OS in our test was capable of performing these actions. In effect, the search is so effective that BlackBerry OS 10.2 walks away with scores that indicate it to be more than twice as good as Android’s implementation. Only iOS managed to come even close to BB10’s performance in this department.

E-mail was another area where BlackBerry OS 10.2 outshone every other OS (we expected this one). However it was the margin of victory (a score of 83.2, which is a full 30 points ahead of Android’s gmail app) that surprised us a little. The reason for this massive performance difference lies in the way the OS deals with e-mail. While the others are content to leave e-mail management to an app, BlackBerry OS 10.2 integrates e-mail into the OS, making it as native to the platform as a dialler is to a phone. This lends the OS some distinct advantages, particularly when it comes to managing multiple accounts and search, courtesy of the “Hub”.

Anyone who’s used a BlackBerry device knows that it’s a device that places communication first and entertainment second, and that comes across very clearly in our tests. Entertainment options, which would include the browser, photography, etc., are functional components and powerful enough to not give the average user cause for complaint. At the same time, the communication modules are so well designed and integrated into the OS that they far outstrip the competition and place this OS as the clear leader out of the box.
    sidhuk, _dimi_, Corbu and 20 others like this.
    08-20-14 09:43 AM
    Geeze I didn't see much reporting on this.

The World's Best Mobile OS

We looked at over 1000 parameters to compare Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone

From CB thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ile-os-953034/

The underdog takes the crown. The BlackBerry 10.2 OS is undoubtedly the best designed mobile OS out of the box that’s currently available in the market. We were stunned by the result and to be honest, we delayed sending the magazine to print a day just to recheck everything. BlackBerry’s been behind the times for some time, if we're honest, and BB10 was supposed to be the game-changer. Quite frankly though, most people haven't given the OS much attention. While we’re not arguing the justification for that disdain, it’s quite clear that the OS deserves much more attention than it actually receives.

Now BlackBerry OS 10.2 (10.2.1.2977 for those who want specifics) has, by today’s standards, a very lacklustre browser – lacking even basic sync functionality, a messaging app (SMS) that’s also very basic, and that’s it. Those were the only real downsides to the OS. The browser itself is not terrible, and gets most things done, but with a whole range of other features being offered by the other platforms, somehow quick rendering and a reader mode don't make up the gap.

BlackBerry OS 10.2 boasts of the most feature-rich search engine, an e-mail and contact management system that’s second to none, and is also surprisingly more customisable than we thought it would be, and also offers a good photography and video capture experience.
    The sheer functionality offered by the OS, out-of-the-box, just cannot be ignored. Once you complete the initial setup, the device is perfectly capable of performing just about any and every task you would expect from a phone, and then some.

Take the search functionality, it truly is a universal search. A function that scans every bit of data on your phone, including browser history, e-mail and SMS conversations and much more. No other OS in our test was capable of performing these actions. In effect, the search is so effective that BlackBerry OS 10.2 walks away with scores that indicate it to be more than twice as good as Android’s implementation. Only iOS managed to come even close to BB10’s performance in this department.

E-mail was another area where BlackBerry OS 10.2 outshone every other OS (we expected this one). However it was the margin of victory (a score of 83.2, which is a full 30 points ahead of Android’s gmail app) that surprised us a little. The reason for this massive performance difference lies in the way the OS deals with e-mail. While the others are content to leave e-mail management to an app, BlackBerry OS 10.2 integrates e-mail into the OS, making it as native to the platform as a dialler is to a phone. This lends the OS some distinct advantages, particularly when it comes to managing multiple accounts and search, courtesy of the “Hub”.

Anyone who’s used a BlackBerry device knows that it’s a device that places communication first and entertainment second, and that comes across very clearly in our tests. Entertainment options, which would include the browser, photography, etc., are functional components and powerful enough to not give the average user cause for complaint. At the same time, the communication modules are so well designed and integrated into the OS that they far outstrip the competition and place this OS as the clear leader out of the box.
    Here you can download spreadsheet of their scoring sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rVE/edit#gid=0
    kfh227, W Hoa, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    08-20-14 09:55 AM
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/d...132320072.html

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    rarsen, ibpluto, W Hoa and 9 others like this.
    08-20-14 10:00 AM
    Im still predicting 18 by Jan and 35 by next jan
    08-20-14 11:02 AM
    I'm going to play it safe and predict 2,800 pages and 70,000 messages for this thread! Way to go Superfly!!!!
    08-20-14 11:08 AM
    Stuck here! Feel like we're in for pullback soon. Considering selling some of my shares to dodge it. Thoughts, anyone?
    08-20-14 11:12 AM
    The options market seems to agree. The premiums are crazy high.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:16 AM
    Bought back in at $10.25...ready for some shock and awe this fall! #GoBBRYGo

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    08-20-14 11:32 AM
    I'm going to play it safe and predict 2,800 pages and 70,000 messages for this thread! Way to go Superfly!!!!
    I'm glad I came around today
    Stock is heading in the right direction and reading from you Morgan is furthermore a good news !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    08-20-14 12:01 PM
    70,000 posts coming to a thread near you soon.

We should save the spot for SF to make the 70,000 post.
    08-20-14 12:03 PM

If one accounts for all the deleted posts, we're well beyond that already lol

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:26 PM
    If one accounts for all the deleted posts, we're well beyond that already lol

Posted via CB10
    True dat! Probably closer to 75K.
    _dimi_, sidhuk, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    08-20-14 12:32 PM

I agree. This is a place holder post. It will be deleted if SF misses the mark...by one.

Of course SF needs to be paying attention
    08-20-14 12:34 PM
    Congrats to SF, Morgan and all the numerous site Contributors, a great source of pride -- I join in with my personal appreciation to all.

And a series of new reasonably written articles to which I will need some adjustment, as its been a while being exposed to such newly refound devotion -- more and more seeing the light.

The Blackberry Passport Has Business Written All Over It - NASDAQ.com
    La Emperor, _dimi_, Corbu and 13 others like this.
    08-20-14 12:41 PM
    Looking good today. I'm Glad I went with my instinct and loaded up on more BlackBerry shares shortly after apple /ibm announcement a month or so ago.

Nokia > LG > Motorola > Z10 � Next up Passport or Z50
    08-20-14 01:03 PM
113,256 ... 27962797279827992800 ...