View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Is it just me or the ads are messing up the forum?
    08-15-14 03:38 PM
    The clock on the wall says 3OClock...
    Actually 15:30...but, it BEER THIRTY.

Eazzy Peazzy
    lcjr, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    08-15-14 04:34 PM
    I'm already 3 deep

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 04:40 PM
    Dang it CJ, you're always ahead of the game here! I have 45 more minutes and I'm out of here.
    Would leave early, but I'm sooooooo important!! hahaha
    08-15-14 04:49 PM
    Dang it CJ, you're always ahead of the game here! I have 45 more minutes and I'm out of here.
    Would leave early, but I'm sooooooo important!! hahaha
    Haha. Well, I have a new job since we last chatted and the office cuts the day short for beers on Friday. It's it's still 30 minutes later than I used to start lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    08-15-14 04:58 PM
    Well it's Beer-Thirty for me too!! Woot-Woot!
    I'll be doing some more research on my investment stretegery.. hahaha

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rose-colored-glasses.jpg + The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pbr.jpg + The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-magic-8-ball.jpg = Sound Investment Stretegery! Hahahahaha
    08-15-14 05:19 PM
    OT: Speaking of charts and I'm not bringing this up because of the last few posts, but would anyone be kind enough to post one on AC (Air Canada)? I remember seeing someone talk about it on here, not sure if anyone has a position currently.

Thanks in advance!
    I don't own it but do look at it every once in a while. I'll toss up a chart for you. The last steep dive shouldn't last too long, just as steep rises don't normally. That's not to say it won't just it shouldn't. It's now at a support area with the 200-dma sitting ever so slightly under it. It dipped and kissed it a few months ago to so, in theory, it should hold onto that again, if it needs another down day before choosing to go sideways for a while. If it does break down, I think the $7.25 area should be a fairly safe time.... fairly.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-08-15-6.47.25-pm.png
    08-15-14 05:48 PM
    OT for after-hours from the Related technologies and Security files, with general information on electric car hacks and Tesla in particular:

Tesla Motors Seeking Hackers To Secure Their Cars

Tesla already lists at least 20 different hackers who have helped point out security flaws in the Model S, and Paget has helped fix at least one of those problems herself. But on the whole, the auto industry is woefully unprepared for the security concerns raised by constant internet connectivity.

Enjoy the weekend
    08-15-14 06:09 PM
    With all of this great chart talk going on, I'd thought I'd share this great OT chart out there. Enjoy Fellas! Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:54 PM
    Z

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:58 PM
    K

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:58 PM
    Hi all, a sweet hello from vacations, I didn't think I was exhausted like that. Rest(and a lot of home work to make our new place smoother) keep me away from keyboards, but not that much from reading you guys ! Hey Lennie, glad to see you around !

Cheers,
    SF

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and zyben like this.
    08-15-14 07:24 PM
    OT for after-hours from the Related technologies and Security files, with general information on electric car hacks and Tesla in particular:

Tesla Motors Seeking Hackers To Secure Their Cars

Tesla already lists at least 20 different hackers who have helped point out security flaws in the Model S, and Paget has helped fix at least one of those problems herself. But on the whole, the auto industry is woefully unprepared for the security concerns raised by constant internet connectivity.

Enjoy the weekend
    I wonder if using a QNX based system would solve most of their problems. Does BlackBerry do the same to pen test tgeir products?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    rarsen and zyben like this.
    08-15-14 08:42 PM
    FWIW it is pumpkin ale season.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    08-16-14 12:06 AM
    Getting closer:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140816_054633.png

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-16-14 06:48 AM
    Nice to see BlackBerry again in comparison with the elite smartphones It is absolutely not an in-depth analysis,but still..
    http://bit.ly/1phf7lO
    08-16-14 07:52 AM
    OT bit lend to IoT security issues and protocols:
    http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-sec...lnerabilities/

Eazzy Peazzy
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    08-16-14 08:56 AM
    I wonder if using a QNX based system would solve most of their problems. Does BlackBerry do the same to pen test tgeir products?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Doubt it. The core QNX may be near bullet proof, but the subsystems or non-QNX add ons may not be. Plus, the vendor may not have put all the pieces together and secured them as a group, leaving more than one weak link.

Remember, auto manufacturers and their Tier 1 suppliers are first and for most automotive people, not security experts. Heck, sometimes they aren't even good UI experts.

Lastly, as last week's BlackHat conference showed, as secured as BlackBerry phones are, they can be compromised by other vendor's software, including industry standards.

As another poster on CB posted this week, don't assume just because it's BlackBerry or QNX, it's secured. BlackBerry/QNX probably do their best at securing things, but they're human and can make mistakes. Even bigger, their product goes through many hands that aren't as security focused as they are before the end product hits the end consumer. Plenty of places for vulnerabilities to be introduced.
    early2bed, Shanerredflag and 3_M4N like this.
    08-16-14 10:45 AM
    So as some of you know I've been at training for the last week in NC for my new job. Several of us got to talking about technology so of course I brought up bbry. Well long story short by the next morning 2 more people were sporting the z30 and 3 people had bought into bbry stock. Great training

Oh and they were both iPhone wall huggers lol.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-16-14 12:53 PM

i have mentioned this before, but whalewisdom is a great place to see any stock or holder and what positions they have.
    It also lists Puts and calls so if someone may have a long position and has puts to hedge or is doing a straddle trade with 2 options simultaneously like calls and puts, or any number of other trades.

BBRY Hedge Fund and Asset Management Owners - Whalewisdom

couple of tips:
    1) it comes arranged by alphabetical holder (not the best way to see) so organize on the chart by clicking on "shares held" or "change in shares" etc to see who really owns and bought/sold last quarter

2) the puts and calls can be misleading in terms of value. Let me explain. If you look at a holder of either puts of calls and it says they hold say 100,000 shares and shows a value of $10,240,000. What this really means is they hold 1000 option contracts (100 shares = 1 option contract). However while this may be fairly straightforward, the value associated with this is not. It will show, regardless of a holder of puts or calls, that they simply use the number of shares and multiply this by the closing value at the end of the quarter $10.24 to get to a value. This is VERY misleading and incorrect. While the SEC does this, the way to really look at this is we have NO IDEA the true value of the calls or puts because we do not know the strike price nor the date. So in our previous example of the holder who says they own calls and it says 100,000 shares, those 1000 option contracts could very well be September with a strike of $15 and the real value today is about ZERO as there is no bid for those, it cold also mean they own JAN with a strike of $7 for 2015 with have a value of $3 per option contract or in our case $300,000. We really have NO IDEA, other than they either own CALLS or PUTS!

3) The most usefull way to organize the charts is "% of portfolio" as if someone like Fidelity that bought over 8 million shares this only represents .01% of their portfolio, or a rounding error. In comparison WYNNEFIELD CAPITAL INC bought 600,000 shares so their new total is 1.5M and this represents 7% of thier portfolio even though they own much less shares, it is more meaningful information and shows more conviction. Also Primecap (largest shareholder) has a about 20% more shares than Prem does but it represents less than 1% of thier massive portfolio, meaning the hit or benefit is limited either way, not a bad thing but important to know.

4) The prior % in portfolio vs. % of portfolio (or current) also requires a little explanation as if you look at Prem Watsa, he had no change in his shares, but the percentage at the end of the 1st quarter was 26.42% and now it is 32.67%. This is mainly due to the increase in share price of $8.08 at the March 31, 2014 close vs. $10.24 at the June 30,2014 close. Also it can be due to other changes he made in his portfolio, like selling another security or the overall value of his account going down vs, BBRY going up also making it a bigger position in the pie.

5) International holdings do not show on this chart, so as an example for Buffet, his stake in Posco (Korean steel Company) will not show as he owns shares directly on the Kospi (Korean stock exchange) but Pabrai who just bought a stake in Posco, but through the ADR's listed on the NYSE under PKX, will show in the chart.

6) feel free to add anything I may have missed!
    08-16-14 03:06 PM
    Quick blog post from a Dev who ran a few popular Android apps on the pre-release software of the Passport...looking good:
    http://seb997.wordpress.com/2014/08/...ay-store-apps/

Thanks @seb997
    Eazzy Peazzy
    08-16-14 05:13 PM
    Quick blog post from a Dev who ran a few popular Android apps on the pre-release software of the Passport...looking good:
    http://seb997.wordpress.com/2014/08/...ay-store-apps/

Thanks @seb997
    Eazzy Peazzy
    The one big positive that you can take from that guy's experience is that all the apps he's used to using on his Android device all work well on the Passport and OS 10.3. That's pretty impressive, to be honest and is most probably going to be under looked by a lot of these "tech reporters" when the Passport and OS 10.3 launches.

98% of Android apps work on BB10? It's looking like 99% these days..

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 07:34 PM
    The one big positive that you can take from that guy's experience is that all the apps he's used to using on his Android device all work well on the Passport and OS 10.3. That's pretty impressive, to be honest and is most probably going to be under looked by a lot of these "tech reporters" when the Passport and OS 10.3 launches.

98% of Android apps work on BB10? It's looking like 99% these days..

Posted via CB10
    He did say Instagram wouldn't work and caused him to have to reboot his phone though.....

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:40 PM
    He did say Instagram wouldn't work and caused him to have to reboot his phone though.....

Posted via CB10
    Instagram was problematic with 10.2 beta (unable to record, "camera in use" errors), until the official OS was released. I'm not worried about that unless it doesn't work even with an official 10.3 OS. The exact same app version works on 10.2.1/10.2.2, so I'm assuming it's an OS/Runtime thing and not the app itself.
    08-17-14 04:53 AM
    08-17-14 11:01 AM
113,256 ... 27922793279427952796 ...