View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good morning Gregg! My, your profile pic certainly has changed since the last time I saw it. haha. What happened to that innocent looking kitty-cat? You still holding all those shares or did you slim down some?
    georg4BB, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-15-14 09:00 AM
    Good morning Gregg! My, your profile pic certainly has changed since the last time I saw it. haha. What happened to that innocent looking kitty-cat? You still holding all those shares or did you slim down some?
    I am out right now, funds in other stock.

I am giving my Kitty a rest, he will be back.

This avatar is an old favorite of mine, used in many forums. Used to get complaints from people who said that the image was disrespectful and insulting.

Now no one complains . . . how people's feelings have changed.

I hope you are doing well, SIr! Have a great weekend, it will be a offshore weekend for me, hoping the weather will behave!
    lcjr likes this.
    08-15-14 09:31 AM
    Thanks man. Your contributions to this thread have been nothing short of invaluable.

Posted via CB10
    He's right though. All the chart gazing and prothesizing will not predict anything with certainty.

When BlackBerry starts increasing revenues quarter after quarter, then the stock will trend upwards.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    kfh227 likes this.
    08-15-14 09:48 AM
    I personally would like to see charts and thanks to J lagoon and morgan8 and others who put their time in to it. I understand that blackberry is not a normal stock. But it is very volatile stock, which makes it even more necessary to have short term and long term charts. Charts are not magic bullets but an extra guide line for people who understand and swear by charts. If no-chart work for some people then it is great but, if some people like charts then I don't see a reason to bad mouth and discourage other people to look at it.
    Judging from the number of thanks and likes to the chart posts, I believe that majority appreciate the charts.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    ZayDub, lcjr, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    08-15-14 10:01 AM
    He's right though. All the chart gazing and prothesizing will not predict anything with certainty.

When BlackBerry starts increasing revenues quarter after quarter, then the stock will trend upwards.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    Maybe you're right, but friends on Wall Street told me that billions of dollars move each day based on charts. Maybe you know something that they don't?
    lcjr, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    08-15-14 10:11 AM
    Maybe you're right, but friends on Wall Street told me that billions of dollars move each day based on charts. Maybe you know something that they don't?
    Interesting point. Since there is a both a buyer and a seller for each transaction then for ever chart believer, there must be someone who either doesn't believe in charts, has the opposite interpretation of the chart, or forgot to look at the chart.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-15-14 10:20 AM
    Interesting point. Since there is a both a buyer and a seller for each transaction then for ever chart believer, there must be someone who either doesn't believe in charts, has the opposite interpretation of the chart, or forgot to look at the chart.
    I don't know. But say a pennant is about to resolve, one person might think that it would crash but another person might think that it would rally. Either way, they both use charts to inform their actions, and thus charts are not useless in these cases.

Edit: I need to confess that I don't know anything about stock charts or pennants, just suggesting a hypothetical example to illustrate a point.
    BlackistheBerry and zyben like this.
    08-15-14 10:48 AM
    I hope some one ever heard of the market maker? Options? News? Etc. Chart is not the only God here. Don't wanna compare life and death here.
    Chart is just one of the metaphor. Not sure why I am getting involved here. I am done on this topic. I appreciate the charts. Please don't stop the charts.

08-15-14 10:50 AM
    08-15-14 11:11 AM
    That sounds like alot of people that are doing it.

They are all doing the same thing trying to have the same competitive advantage. So, they have no competitive advantage against each other. So they are playing a zero sum game but pay an intermediary to do so.

Name one person doing this that became a billionaire. I know many that use value investing to get a competitive advantage that are billionaires.

I don't normally say this because most chartists have a religious like attachment to their charts. They believe that they work. Believe being the operative word. Leave them be and read what matters.

Most people including investors think bbry makes smart phones. Their sales have tanked therefore they are doomed. My advantage is knowing the direction that Chen is taking bbry. Not charts.

Similar thesis for ZINC.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:46 AM
    I hope some one ever heard of the market maker? Options? News? Etc. Chart is not the only God here. Don't wanna compare life and death here.
    Chart is just one of the metaphor. Not sure why I am getting involved here. I am done on this topic. I appreciate the charts. Please don't stop the charts.

sidhuk!!!

Relax my friend, you are taking aim at trolls here who have nothing else to challenge when it comes to BlackBerry. Everyone on this board knows that charts, earnings, news, propaganda, the results of competitors, etc., drive the price of a stock. Only a troll would point to one aspect of this formula and criticize it on a stand-alone basis. You also know that every person on this thread who posts a chart is just as interested in unit sales and Q reports as any other member of CB. So to think that a chart is the "only thing" that we are interested in is just plain silly and ...... troll like.

I post a chart, when requested, once a month, yet the trolls think it is the only thing that this thread looks at. The rest of the time, guys like Rarsen, W Hoa, Corbu and the rest, publish reams of data on handset sales, the Z3, the Passport and all things BlackBerry, but, that goes unnoticed by the trolls. So who do you follow, the trolls or the massive amount of data provided by the majority of the members of this thread?

No one has to believe that billions of dollars are decided daily by computer driven algorithms, that's not important, we don't even have to listen to Senators who are demanding that something be done about front running systems that rely on advanced data and high-tech PC's to drive stock prices hard and rip-off the average investor. We just have to bash "charts" because we have run out of other things to bash today. Let's hope that BlackBerry can come up with some important news soon so that trolls can turn their attention away from the normal monthly request for a chart!!

Take care.
    08-15-14 11:57 AM
    sidhuk!!!

Relax my friend, you are taking aim at trolls here who have nothing else to challenge when it comes to BlackBerry. Everyone on this board knows that charts, earnings, news, propaganda, the results of competitors, etc., drive the price of a stock. Only a troll would point to one aspect of this formula and criticize it on a stand-alone basis. You also know that every person on this thread who posts a chart is just as interested in unit sales and Q reports as any other member of CB. So to think that a chart is the "only thing" that we are interested in is just plain silly and ...... troll like.

I post a chart, when requested, once a month, yet the trolls think it is the only thing that this thread looks at. The rest of the time, guys like Rarsen, W Hoa, Corbu and the rest, publish reams of data on handset sales, the Z3, the Passport and all things BlackBerry, but, that goes unnoticed by the trolls. So who do you follow, the trolls or the massive amount of data provided by the majority of the members of this thread?

No one has to believe that billions of dollars are decided daily by computer driven algorithms, that's not important, we don't even have to listen to Senators who are demanding that something be done about front running systems that rely on advanced data and high-tech PC's to drive stock prices hard and rip-off the average investor. We just have to bash "charts" because we have run out of other things to bash today. Let's hope that BlackBerry can come up with some important news soon so that trolls can turn their attention away from the normal monthly request for a chart!!

Take care.
    Well said! Keep up with the monthly charts!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:13 PM
    Why do I get the feeling that in the old days one could have gotten stoned to death around here for expressing some skepticism about the charts? I believe Galileo may have had some experience with this.
    08-15-14 12:47 PM
    OT: Speaking of charts and I'm not bringing this up because of the last few posts, but would anyone be kind enough to post one on AC (Air Canada)? I remember seeing someone talk about it on here, not sure if anyone has a position currently.

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-14 12:52 PM
    Well said! Keep up with the monthly charts!

Posted via CB10
    bizzarothor!!

Okay, here is my monthly chart, since you requested it!! LOL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-15-2014.png

The blue lines represent the pennant formation that start back in late 2012. We resolved that pennant formation this year and now we are doing what normally happens after a major breakout, we are going back to resolve the huge overbought on the RSI (green circle above) and to find support at $ 9.00/shr and confirm that we broke out of that pennant. We have confirmed that we broke out of that long 5 stage pennant (black arrows) and we have confirmed that $ 9.00/shr is solid support. Since then we have followed the 50-dma back to higher levels while awaiting the Fall. After we made new 52 week highs at $ 11.59/shr, we completed a head and shoulders formation that brought us back to support. We are now going to fill the sideways channel which is bounded by $ 9.00/shr and $ 10.80/shr. We are slowly heading towards $ 10.80/shr this month.

So based upon all of this witchcraft, you should be buying the stock on weakness and certainly at support which is anything near $ 9.00/shr. It's an ugly chart but one that depicts how far we have come over the past two years. I see us as having already broken out of a long pennant formation and we are just doing the finishing touches ($ 10.80 this month) on the confirmation that this Fall, we'll see a very strong rally in the stock.

Now don't ask me to publish another chart until next month, the trolls can't handle it!! LOL
    08-15-14 12:52 PM
    bizzarothor!!

Okay, here is my monthly chart, since you requested it!! LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY August 15 2014.png 
Views:	1094 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	290947

The blue lines represent the pennant formation that start back in late 2012. We resolved that pennant formation this year and now we are doing what normally happens after a major breakout, we are going back to resolve the huge overbought on the RSI (green circle above) and to find support at $ 9.00/shr and confirm that we broke out of that pennant. We have confirmed that we broke out of that long 5 stage pennant (black arrows) and we have confirmed that $ 9.00/shr is solid support. Since then we have followed the 50-dma back to higher levels while awaiting the Fall. After we made new 52 week highs at $ 11.59/shr, we completed a head and shoulders formation that brought us back to support. We are now going to fill the sideways channel which is bounded by $ 9.00/shr and $ 10.80/shr. We are slowly heading towards $ 10.80/shr this month.

So based upon all of this witchcraft, you should be buying the stock on weakness and certainly at support which is anything near $ 9.00/shr. It's an ugly chart but one that depicts how far we have come over the past two years. I see us as having already broken out of a long pennant formation and we are just doing the finishing touches ($ 10.80 this month) on the confirmation that this Fall, we'll see a very strong rally in the stock.

Now don't ask me to publish another chart until next month, the trolls can't handle it!! LOL
    Thanks Morgan. I always appreciate your charts and work of other chartists too, of course. I just don't say that too often..
    Anyway, looking forward to that breakout chart. With preference to your expertise on exponential rise of course..haha
    Last edited by La Emperor; 08-15-14 at 01:19 PM.
    08-15-14 01:02 PM
    Morgan!! I will sacrifice a hundred cows in your honor if you can predict when this baby hits $19, you will be named the master of sorcery
    08-15-14 01:06 PM
    Morgan!! I will sacrifice a hundred cows in your honor if you can predict when this baby hits $19, you will be named the master of sorcery
    Morgan is vegan!

j/k
    08-15-14 01:10 PM
    Hoping someone can answer this, I've noticed over the past while (week to week and a half) daily volume is much lower than the average. Any explanation on this?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-15-14 01:19 PM
    Hoping someone can answer this, I've noticed over the past while (week to week and a half) daily volume is much lower than the average. Any explanation on this?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Go back and look at every year, this is the Summer doldrums, it happens because traders are on vacation and don't come back until after the long weekend. The fireworks begin in early September. I do the same thing, I spend most of my time at the lake or on the boat. You just can't make many short term trades on such light volume. As soon as the weather turns wet, I'm trading again! GL
    W Hoa, bungaboy, ibpluto and 10 others like this.
    08-15-14 01:23 PM
    Playing the philosoph over a nice cool one I would suggest...the battle will not be rejoined until September. Until then, skirmishes.
    08-15-14 01:36 PM
    Thanks Morgan and WHoa, I guess I should realize that. Even in my proffession, not much happens in The Summer. I was just curious as a couple weeks ago (at least it seemed that way), volumes where above average. I for one am happy to see such low volume but the SP is staying steady, tells me that when volume returns and we we get just a hint of good news it will rally hard.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    08-15-14 01:44 PM
    Ok, I have to come clean. Sorry.

Once in a while I receive a private request from a (less popular) forum member... he usually asks whether I've heard from Morgan or JLagoon.. ? Because "I haven't seen a chart in a long time" and "I wonder if the trend is still intact".

So then I usually come on here and ask, politely, for a chart. You see, he's just as interested as we are Just a little shy..
    08-15-14 01:50 PM
    Well, I still think that the charts are ALMOST useless. I'm not sure how that makes me a troll. My 'method' for assessing their usefulness has been quite simple. I invite anyone to try this out: read the SP predictions based on the various charts, and see whether they match what actually happens. I've done that, and haven't found any compelling evidence that the charts gave me or anyone else much useful advice.

This isn't trolling. It's simple observation. If we were daytrading, like those sinister machines, I could see a use for them, but I don't think they have any real value for the medium to long term investor.

Again, call me a troll or whatever else, but ask yourselves why there was all the panic over the past several months when the stock dived sharply...was that in the charts?

Anyway, as I've also said before, if you charts make you happy, enjoy them. If they can tell me with reasonable certainty at some point whether the stock is going to jump to crash, I'll value them, but this just hasn't happened.

On a side note, I've made over 100% on BlackBerry over the last 12 months without giving a damn about charts. All I've done is buy when the stock was really low and folks were freaking out, and sold when the stock has gone on a run that I felt couldn't be maintained. I think Gregg has done the same thing. It's not genius. Once you carefully consider whether you think the company will go bust, and feel confident that it won't, then you buy when it's low and hold or sell when it's high - not rocket science. It's just a matter of measuring human nature and ignoring experts. I'm completely out at the moment, having sold just after gregg mentioned he has sold a short while ago. I have absolutely no clue what news will come in the next few months, and so I'm waiting. I'll have a look at the Passport and Classic and the marketing and the enterprise side, and then probably buy back in heavily, if I think things look good.

Again, all the best to the chart folks, but I try to look at what's going on in the world instead of what the charts say. It's a method that has served me well so far.

Bye for now,

Trevor Troll

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-15-14 02:28 PM
    Current update from work... As most of you know where I work and what I do I thought I'd let you know we decided to keep Blackberry and in fact have just received our major (huge) purchse of Q10's. I know, I know... the Q30 is out, but we're always a little bit behind due to the red tape in getting mass numbers ordered. That being said, I've also switched back to using my Blackberry Bold 9930.

Looking forward to Beer-Thirty! Just a few more hours here at the stress factory and it's PBR time (or whatever's on sale). haha
    08-15-14 02:30 PM
113,256 ... 27912792279327942795 ...