View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey gang, just stopping in to say hello and see what's up. Hope everyone is doing ok.
    08-14-14 04:48 PM
    Hey gang, just stopping in to say hello and see what's up. Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Well holy sheet.... look who's popped by. how are ya there Lenny?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 04:52 PM
    Hey CJ! I'm doing really well, thanks for asking. I was just thinking about all you guys lately and wanted to stop in and say hello. Did I miss any real big news? Everyone ok?
    08-14-14 04:54 PM
    I'm guessing Mommies out for the day and they were told to stay in the basement and play.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I have often wondered if these types stay up at night practicing this behaviour or if it just comes naturally?
    Shanerredflag, ibpluto and zyben like this.
    08-14-14 04:55 PM
    Hiya buddy. Nice to see you. Hope things are working out good for you and your family.
    08-14-14 04:57 PM
    Hiya buddy. Nice to see you. Hope things are working out good for you and your family.
    Yep, thanks! I'm still in El Paso while my house I bought is in Colorado Springs but things are good. Been really busy with a Wounded Warrior project and a children's home so I haven't had time for BBRY in quite a while.
    08-14-14 04:59 PM
    Yep, thanks! I'm still in El Paso while my house I bought is in Colorado Springs but things are good. Been really busy with a Wounded Warrior project and a children's home so I haven't had time for BBRY in quite a while.
    Nice that you're healthy n happy and doing great work.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-14-14 05:05 PM
    I am blown away that they posted a positive article about BlackBerry!

BlackBerry Shipments Rise From Prior Quarter Under Chen

By Gerrit De Vynck and Christina Pellegrini Aug 14, 2014 7:18 PM GMT-0300

BlackBerry Shipments Rise From Prior Quarter Under Chen - Bloomberg

BlackBerry Ltd.’s smartphone shipments grew 15 percent in the second quarter from the prior period, recording their first sequential gain in a year as Chief Executive Officer John Chen’s turnaround plan takes hold.

BlackBerry shipped 1.5 million units, research firm IDC said in a statement, compared with 1.3 million in the first quarter. The company’s share of the global smartphone market held steady at 0.5 percent as the overall market grew, IDC said.

Under Chen, BlackBerry has shifted its focus from consumer phones to selling software-based services to businesses and governments. Chen said in July he would begin hiring new employees, marking the end of a restructuring phase that eliminated about a third of the workforce.

The company’s smartphone business is still much diminished, with shipments down 78 percent in the second quarter from a year earlier, according to IDC. Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry hasn’t increased its market share since the third quarter of 2009, Ramon Llamas, an analyst with IDC, said in an e-mail.

BlackBerry last made a sequential gain in smartphone sales in the second quarter of 2013, the first full quarter of sales for its BlackBerry 10 operating system. Ultimately, the new software failed to lure back enough users who had already switched in droves to devices by Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Chen was hired in November to reverse the company’s fortunes after a failed buyout.

To boost smartphone sales by appealing to business users, BlackBerry is set to release the ultrawide Passport and keyboard-equipped Classic later this year. In December, the company signed a five-year deal to outsource the manufacturing of its devices to Foxconn Technology Group, an Apple supplier and the world’s largest manufacturer of electronic products.
    08-14-14 05:44 PM
    Sorry for playing catch-up, but is the plan still to outsource the devices and BB sticks strictly to software or will BB always have a few devices of their own along with software?
    08-14-14 06:13 PM
    So far looks like BlackBerry maintains control of the top end devices but that's not really set as far as I know. Have you seen the Passport?

Eazzy Peazzy
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-14-14 06:18 PM
    I just saw that today! OMG, how cool is that thing?? I'm really interested in it but could understand why some wouldn't like it. I just need to read up on it to see if it's like the Playbook or not. What are your thoughts?
    08-14-14 06:21 PM
    Liking what I've seen so far. All the Dev on Twitter seem to like it, lots of positive "first impression" reviews out there. I'm A BlackBerry head so I'll be an early adopter...like the first day...lol.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-14-14 06:26 PM
    Way cool, nothing like having a resident expert give an accurate assessment.
    Shanerredflag and Corbu like this.
    08-14-14 06:29 PM
    So just read point 72 or former sac capital sold off their position in bbry they held a good amount so that may explain the drop the last couple of weeks

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 06:53 PM
    Wow, that's interesting to hear a firm selling off an asset that's about to go up a few dollars. I just saw that BBRY six month target is $12.28 and one year target is $13.58. First resistance right now is supposed to be $10.51 and then $11.63.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-14-14 07:05 PM
    Not sure when they got on this train but it is up pretty large over the last seven months.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-14-14 07:28 PM
    To me what matters the most is that Fairfax didn't sell a single share as of 06/30/2014.

FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD/ CAN 06/30/2014 46,654,700 0 0.00 437,155

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com
    lcjr, bungaboy, Greened and 11 others like this.
    08-14-14 07:33 PM
    Is this a valid pennant?
    Hi Dimi:

Here's my take. It could be a pennant, the volume trend does appear to support the probability. And this would be bearish, because it is in a downtrend. Considering that this is a monthly chart, I would look into two possibilities based on key prices.

The first one is a descending triangle (blue lines) based on the key price of $6.22 occurred on September 2012, and December 2013. These two forms the two bottom, and the top line is formed with the peak in July 2014 at $11.65, and peak of January 2013 at $18.32. This is bearish. To complete this pattern, the price would need to go back to the $6.2x range, and crash. I don't think any of us would like to see that.

The second one is an ascending triangle (pink lines) based on the key price of $11.65 occurred on July 2014, and September 2013. These two occurrences form the top line, and the bottom line is formed with the higher lows from December 2013. This pattern is bullish. To complete this pattern, the price has support around $8.10 to $9.25 until December 2014, and has to break out above $11.65.

Which one is more valid? Just remember the chart is a map, the journey on the map is based on how the company is doing.

Monthly chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-08-14-9.20.56-pm.png
    08-14-14 08:41 PM
    08-15-14 06:19 AM
    Basically, it seems the stock will go up or down or stay the same, depending on how the company does over the next several months.

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-15-14 06:27 AM
    Basically, it seems the stock will go up or down or stay the same, depending on how the company does over the next several months.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man. Your contributions to this thread have been nothing short of invaluable.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Now you tell us. Oh boys. Close this baby up , nothing more to say

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-14 07:01 AM
    I was merely using my expertise to translate the charts into simple people's terms...silly folks like me.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    08-15-14 08:27 AM
    Good morning gang!

Well I'm still holding a few shares. I'm positive this company will not only succeed but become the #1 world wide accepted standard for secure software. Just have to finish cleaning up last years stumbling blocks and we're all good. Public's view of Blackberry is improving and seeing it as a software corporation with a few phones instead of a phone corporation with some software.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
    08-15-14 08:45 AM
    08-15-14 08:53 AM
113,256 ... 27902791279227932794 ...