View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't have any friends on ios anymore as they left that old and outdated OS for mostly Android. BBM on android works perfectly(they all have either SG4 or 5). I really don't understand why anyone would want to go back in time and use an outdated product when EVERY OTHER phone maker and OS beats apples ios hands down?

Posted via CB10
    Wow, that could be a comment from 2010 if we replaced apple with blackberry and android with apple.
    Tech continues to evolve, let's hope blackberry has the DNA to compete. (as if there is any doubt!)

BB10 4 ME
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 08-11-14 at 12:25 PM.
    Mr BBRY and notafanboy like this.
    08-11-14 11:49 AM
    Truth be told, the iOS experience hasn't been the best for my die hard, Apple fan brother.

It's better on Android, not BB10 like best, but it works even after force closing.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    08-11-14 11:57 AM
    "I'll get BlackBerry to the point that my teenage daughter wants to do business with us."- John Chen.

If he can do that, it's all I need to know!
    BB10 4 ME
    08-11-14 11:57 AM
    Due to recent political issues and fights I know 100s of people wanted to stop using whastapp but no good alternative. They all tried and said so hard to add contacts, not easy to use and share pix. BBM still has good chance if they simplify it and let people chose if they want privacy and or not. Allow anyone to synchronize and add contacts automatically to BBM or not, leave it up to consumers. This is how hike, telegram, what'sapp does and increase market share..

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:31 PM
    I had few on BBM few years ago then all disappeared as they moved to other platforms, then some came back after BBM was introduced to ios and android and then all disappeared again saying too hard to use. They prefer easy, simple solution rather than privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:35 PM
    From the Related Technologies and Security files, don't know if it has already been posted:

Apple Joins Beijing Blacklist For Govt Buying - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha
    08-11-14 12:46 PM
    Hello all,

Been away on holidays with the kids, and read Jobs biography. Really interesting to hear about the internal dynamics and also other dealings with other CEO s like Gates and Eisener. Anybody else read it? I would love to have such insight info about the ways RIM was founded and the whole story il to today ' situation....

Not a single mention of RIM or BlackBerry in the entire book though...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:56 PM
    Hello all,

Been away on holidays with the kids, and read Jobs biography. Really interesting to hear about the internal dynamics and also other dealings with other CEO s like Gates and Eisener. Anybody else read it? I would love to have such insight info about the ways RIM was founded and the whole story il to today ' situation....

Not a single mention of RIM or BlackBerry in the entire book though...

Posted via CB10
    Oh and also of interest is JOBS perspective on how hardware and software needed to be controlled together...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:58 PM
    From the Related Technologies and Security files, don't know if it has already been posted:

Apple Joins Beijing Blacklist For Govt Buying - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha
    This trend will continue to spread around the world and not just apple products but most of US technology. Snowden exposed The reality of NSA. Anyone with a half a brain will not use iPhone or any other US technology unless they don't mind the US spying and stealing their secrets. The US media will for obvious reasons play down/ censor the situation.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, StormieTwo and zyben like this.
    08-11-14 01:12 PM
    BBM for iOS does have problems. I have been in touch with BBM iOS product development team and they've admitted to some problems. A lot depends on how your end user uses BBM for iOS. Let me explain (and this has been discussed with BBM iOS team already and they've admitted to it, so I am not making it up. I used to work for BBRY R&D in 2008 straight out of school, so still have some friends there):

1. If BBM is open / in foreground on iOS -> it works fine

2. If BBM is in background (press home button, it goes in background) -> it works fine 99% of the time. But if you don't use the app for sometime, iOS would kind of close it and you'd have problems. But if you are somebody who is getting regular BBM messages and you are using the app frequently, you won't see any problems.

3. Sometimes people double-press home button, to see a list of background apps, and then flick-up the apps they are not using. That is, they close the app.
    In this case, your BBM app is not running and it won't get messages.

So, what BBM does it, it uses Apple's push service to send notification. Notification is received by your Apple device and displayed as alert. But it is not received the BBM App.
    So, the sender will see a "grey check box" (instead of blue "D" for delivered icon).

Sometimes apple's push notification don't show up instantly.

So, to summarize above, BBM on iOS has problems in two cases:
    Case 1: When BBM is in background but not used frequently. This happens a lot too. Many iPHone users constantly use iMEssage but not use BBM constantly because they don't get messages on BBM as often.

Case 2: When BBM was closed by user (double tap home button, see a list of running apps, flick-up all apps to save battery use) -- many people do this. So, it's not a smal subset of all users. This subset is pretty large.

WhatsApp sonmehow has figured out to work around this (most times). But BBM iOS is still figuring things out. I am sure they'll figure it out eventually. But yeah, the sooner they figure out, the better it is.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 08-11-14 at 01:44 PM.
    08-11-14 01:30 PM
    BBM for iOS does have problems. I have been in touch with BBM iOS product development team and they've admitted to some problems. A lot depends on how your end user uses BBM for iOS. Let me explain (and this has been discussed with BBM iOS team already and they've admitted to it, so I am not making it up. I used to work for BBRY R&D in 2008 straight out of school, so still have some friends there):

1. If BBM is open / in foreground on iOS -> it works fine

2. If BBM is in background (press home button, it goes in background) -> it works fine 99% of the time. But if you don't use the app for sometime, iOS would kind of close it and you'd have problems. But if you are somebody who is getting regular BBM messages and you are using the app frequently, you won't see any problems.

3. Sometimes people double-press home button, to see a list of background apps, and then flick-up the apps they are not using. That is, they close the app.
    In this case, your BBM app is not running and it won't get messages.

So, what BBM does it, it uses Apple's push service to send notification. Notification is received by your Apple device and displayed as alert. But it is not received the BBM App.
    So, the sender will see a "grey check box" (instead of blue "D" for delivered icon).

Sometimes apple's push notification don't show up instantly.

So, to summarize above, BBM on iOS has problems in two cases:
    Case 1: When BBM is in background but not used frequently. This happens a lot too. Many iPHone users constantly use iMEssage but not use BBM constantly because they don't get messages on BBM as often.

Case 2: When BBM was closed by user (double tap home button, see a list of running apps, flick-up all apps to save battery use) -- many people do this. So, it's not a smal subset of all users. This subset is pretty large.

WhatsApp sonmehow has figured out to work around this (most times). But BBM iOS is still figuring things out. I am sure they'll figure it out eventually. But yeah, the sooner they figure out, the better it is.
    Wow, I made one comment, and I'm harping...

Anyway, thanks for the actually sensible response mate. I haven't mentioned BBM in bloody ages, but, yeah, it certainly doesn't work very well for a lot of iOS folks I know. I think you are right in pointing out that it tends to be people who don't use the app very often - who knows. There is another problem that infuriated my friends before they got rid of it: they get a notification, but then they can't actually see the message, then later on it shows up, sometimes repeating several times over the next few hours.

I haven't experienced any problems with my Android contacts though, and I reckon Windows will be fine too. My own BBM is still broken from the last update, but whatever I guess.

Anyway, some of us can go ahead and pretend Bbm for iOS Isn't a bit of a mess - i don't care to be honest. BBM has stopped sending my pics to the wrong contacts, so I'm thankful for that.

Let's go back to complaining about the media now please..

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-11-14 02:21 PM
    08-11-14 02:42 PM
    08-11-14 02:47 PM
    short interest down to 88,526,319
    08-11-14 03:04 PM
    Hardly any left lol

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:09 PM
    Hardly any left lol

Posted via CB10
    Haha, comparatively yeah!

One part of me is disappointed. There is nothing that I'd be happier to see than the 150 million shorts that have wreaked havoc on BBRY running for the door in September.
    08-11-14 03:23 PM
    Until shorties eating Blackberry expect manipulation, 40 to 50 mil would be reasonable. So all IBM/Apple deal did not triggered more shorting and last earning call did not scare shorts away much and they did not cover. They are probably waiting for Prem's 125 mil shares IF he cash his part around $10 bucks otherwise they will more to cover. The low volume also indicate no interest in this stock and funds waiting for ER results.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    08-11-14 03:24 PM
    OT: HALO
    News Release Details
    Halozyme Reports Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
    http://www.halozyme.com/Investors/Ne...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-11-14 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Better News Release
    08-11-14 04:38 PM
    Funny, after the talk regarding BBM for iOS. An update for the app is imminent.

@BBM: Attn #iPhone users: New #BBM update is starting to roll out. Check the App Store to make sure you have the latest

https://twitter.com/BBM/status/498981423173627904

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:06 PM
    To be fair, this requires physical access vs remote access in order to root the device. So unless you allow someone to come into your house and hook up a USB to your Nest, you're fine. Your device won't be rooted or "hacked" remotely.
    08-11-14 08:29 PM
    Until shorties eating Blackberry expect manipulation, 40 to 50 mil would be reasonable. So all IBM/Apple deal did not triggered more shorting and last earning call did not scare shorts away much and they did not cover. They are probably waiting for Prem's 125 mil shares IF he cash his part around $10 bucks otherwise they will more to cover. The low volume also indicate no interest in this stock and funds waiting for ER results.
    Why on earth would prem cash his shares in at 10 lol, isn't his average 19 lol

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    They're referencing the $250 mil in debentures convertible at $10 a share.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/prem-w...204102737.html

His average price of common stock may be what you're thinking of.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    08-11-14 08:47 PM
    They're referencing the $250 mil in debentures convertible at $10 a share.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/prem-w...204102737.html

His average price of common stock may be what you're thinking of.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    For all we know that's what has been happening every time the stock goes above 10 dollars. Prem converts then dumps. Wouldn't even be suprised if we were full diluted from all debentures at this point

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:58 PM
    From SA: Don't Worry About Apple, BlackBerry Already Is Bottoming Out

No really news in this article, but an interesting (and funny) read to start the day.

I like this part:
    A little perspective please
    The announcement of the enterprise partnership [Apple/IBM] had all the ingredients a good story must have to scare insecure investors: Two tech giants, one of which is "almighty Apple," are going to finally push BlackBerry off the cliff, a company so badly beaten it just waited for the final dagger thrust. Yawn!

Just because Apple has a strong consumer franchise doesn't mean the company will be able to effortlessly swoop in and take over BlackBerry's enterprise market share. BlackBerry is a leader in enterprise mobility and the Apple/IBM initiative is not going to change this status quo.
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    08-12-14 04:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's much lower than that

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    08-12-14 05:30 AM
113,256 ... 27852786278727882789 ...