View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not worth much. Basically, BBRY loosing more market share over the past 3 months. *SHRUGS* => expected.

I love the articles about Germany and China basically ditching Apple products because of security concerns. Time for Apple to do a complete rewrite of their Operating Systems. Too bad the current CEO is riding on the coat tails of Steve Jobs. He'll rest on his laurels and Apples market share will be gone in 5 years.
    Last edited by kfh227; 08-06-14 at 03:16 PM.
    08-06-14 02:43 PM
    Played ever so nicely to close at $9.36

Just like a puddytat playing with a ball of yarn.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nasdaq-august-6a-2014.jpg
    08-06-14 03:11 PM
    08-06-14 03:29 PM
    POETF closed under $1 today!

Might have to do some due diligence on it at this point in case it drops more.
    08-06-14 03:52 PM
    Today's action was the slowest I've seen it since owning BB shares.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 03:52 PM

Wow. That's one hell of a drop.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 03:58 PM
    BlackBerry PIN messaging too secure for some?:

--For his part, Miller described Cuomo's use of PIN messaging as "very sketchy" and said he was hopeful his group's new FOIL would "expose" the governor's interference in the commission.

"If a boss tells you to resort to blackberry PIN messages to avoid accountability when ordering around an ethics commission, something very sketchy is afoot," Miller wrote in a message to Business Insider.

Also this:

--One legislative staffer in Albany told Business Insider it is "common knowledge" the governor and his staff communicate on sensitive issues via Blackberry PIN messages, which are encrypted. A longtime Albany operative agreed with this and attributed the use of PIN messaging by Cuomo's inner circle, which is based on the second floor of the state capitol building, to the governor's "extreme paranoia."

"Andrew's seen far too many people go down because they put their scheming in writing. Add that to his extreme paranoia, and good luck to anyone trying to find out what's actually happening on the second floor," the operative said.

Cuomo's office referred Business Insider to a past comment from the governor's spokesman Matthew Wing where he described Blackberry PIN messages as "a common way that many people communicate in 2014."

A Republican Super PAC Wants To See Andrew Cuomo's Blackberry Messages - Business Insider
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-06-14 04:09 PM
    That's a good one, sidhuk,
    Oxygen, please!
    I like that the first comment is about BlackBerry.

BB10 4 ME
    08-06-14 04:12 PM
    Wow. That's one hell of a drop.

Posted via CB10
    Poet released a valuation report today. P2 values it at 875B$. In 2010, P1 valued it at 925B$.

BB10 4 ME
    bisch likes this.
    08-06-14 04:15 PM
    Poet released a valuation report today. P2 values it at 875B$. In 2010, P1 valued it at 925B$.

BB10 4 ME
    Ahhhhh. Thanks. I saw the valuation but not the previous one. Just had a to quickly skim the pr.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 04:19 PM
    Update the face of your Android phone | IT World Canada Syndicated

You don't really have to read the article. But I thought I would extract this nugget for your enjoyment while you sip your cocktail...

For most people a smart phone is a personal thing: Unless your organization has mandated a specific device, the choice is yours.

Many business users who don’t need the security of a BlackBerry have chosen Android handsets, often because models have screen sizes substantially larger than iPhones. One problem is the interface: Android handsets just aren’t as snazzy as others. A number of handset makers have tried to overcome this by putting on their own skins, some of which just take up real estate.

I rest my case.
    08-06-14 04:56 PM
    Interesting, as the hackers improve their tools they are focusing on the most used OS (just like they did with Microsoft and the PC). Apple used to run ads saying "we don't get viruses."
    Now though, it's their user group saying "that's only on android." Apple need to step up and prove their iOS is secure. And everybody needs to keep proving their OS's are secure with each new version. BlackBerry is a lot further along that road then anybody realizes, let alone what they will admit to publicly. IMHO.

BB10 4 ME
    Last edited by StormieTwo; 08-06-14 at 05:50 PM.
    08-06-14 05:02 PM
    And further to my comment above, with QNX micro kernel, BlackBerry only needs to get new parts approved, whereas with a monolithic kernel, the other OS's will need to be totally re-approved. That will take time and effort that BlackBerry will bypass.

BB10 4 ME
    08-06-14 05:53 PM
    Was not POET a solar panel company back in 2010? That could explain the drop in value.

Man I screwed myself in the market again. I bailed on HALO at 9.20 after it spiked to 10.70 and then feel back under $9 so once it came up to 9.20 I sold out at a small loss. Now its rising back up. Too boot, I have a lot of money riding on POET and now its at $1.06 and I entered at 1.33.

Gawd this is not my year.
    08-06-14 06:08 PM
    Was not POET a solar panel company back in 2010? That could explain the drop in value.

Man I screwed myself in the market again. I bailed on HALO at 9.20 after it spiked to 10.70 and then feel back under $9 so once it came up to 9.20 I sold out at a small loss. Now its rising back up. Too boot, I have a lot of money riding on POET and now its at $1.06 and I entered at 1.33.

Gawd this is not my year.
    OPAL was a solar company. It was sold off and the company changed names to POET. The P1 value was for the poet part of the company. The RS talk has had a negative affect on the SP. AGM is a couple of weeks away. If they get the RS passed, and end up with SP above 5$. (1:5 shares) they'll be able to list on nasdac. If they can announce a deal with a foundry, it'll soar. But that's a lot of ifs.

Sorry OT. Please return to our regular BlackBerry obsession!

BB10 4 ME
    Shanerredflag and jxnb like this.
    08-06-14 06:33 PM
    OT - security related.

Foursquare needs a business model. Knowing where you are every minute of the day is their latest endeavour.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/08/...ampaign=buffer

BB10 4 ME
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-06-14 07:26 PM
    OT: Various stuff... nothing really major...

Yeah, right...
    Another challenger for BlackBerry? Moscow smartphone maker Yota Devices moving to Canada | Financial Post
    (I find it interesting that the FP would deam such a story worth 1,100 words,,,)

Facebook Hires Ex-BlackBerry BBM Head to Run Internet.org App | Re/code

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/08/sur...ns-fire-phone/
    Survey Finds 5% Of Smartphone Buyers Would Buy Amazon’s Fire Phone

There are many different smartphones to choose from at the moment, and different platforms as well, but which is the most popular? Well analyst Colin Sebastian of R.W. Baird conducted a survey of 1,000 smartphone buyers to find out what their next smartphone platform would be. It turns out that iOS has taken the lead at 43.8%.

This is followed by Android at 32.6% and interestingly enough, it seems that at least out of the 1,000 people surveyed, 6.8% of them have plans to buy a BlackBerry handset, putting them ahead of Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform which comes in fourth at 5.3%. Now the survey results also lists the Amazon Fire Phone with falls behind Windows Phone at a mere 5%.
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-06-14 at 08:44 PM.
    morganplus8, W Hoa, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    08-06-14 08:02 PM
    Gosh, you guys are FAST

I decided to do us longs a favor. Since Kofi Bafah, an AAPL long, keeps writing bearish articles on BlackBerry..... why NOT write one on Apple? Enjoy! And as usual, have fun by joining in the comments =)

Transcend Asset/ Linda =)
    Now you know where to go to get the latest BlackBerry and industry related news(!)
    Rumor is that even the moderators here peek in here before posting news on the website.

Ah yes, our favorite friend (read fiend) Kofi...
    He is forever invited to our pin the tail on the donkey party when we hit 20.
    He just doesn't know who the donkey will be....
    sidhuk, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    08-06-14 09:58 PM
    China bans Apple products for government use http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/06/c...=rss_truncated

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    This stuff makes my day, but not even Corbu has posted anything about the adoption of BlackBerry into the Chinese government device use, so do we even know if they use BIS/BES To skin their whatever devices?
    08-06-14 10:03 PM

Let us know what you find out

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    08-06-14 10:22 PM
    OK, ok...I'll call it, Today we rise up pretty decent.

(I take zero responsibility if you trade on that either )

Eazzy Peazzy
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 08-07-14 at 08:03 AM.
    08-07-14 07:20 AM
    OT - security related.

Foursquare needs a business model. Knowing where you are every minute of the day is their latest endeavour.

Foursquare Now Tracks Users Even When the App Is Closed - Digits - WSJ

BB10 4 ME
    Thanks Stormie Two. Not encouraging this type of wrong behavior, not only for security reasons but also increased battery usage, etc. With so many other choices, this App is now a very bad option and is no longer on my smartphone. Do you know of any other similar "tracking featured even when closed" App, so that I can remove them also?
    08-07-14 07:27 AM
    OK, ok...I'll call it, Today we rise up pretty decent.

(I take zero responsibility if you trade on the either )

Eazzy Peazzy
    A fitting Canadian group song then . . .

rarsen, Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-07-14 07:29 AM
    Sorry if already posted...speaks to EZ Pass adoption from our Indian friends:
    http://www.ciol.com/ciol/news/218738...-program-india

Eazzy Peazzy
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-07-14 07:35 AM
    Thanks Stormie Two. Not encouraging this type of wrong behavior, not only for security reasons but also increased battery usage, etc. With so many other choices, this App is now a very bad option and is no longer on my smartphone. Do you know of any other similar "tracking featured even when closed" App, so that I can remove them also?
    Thanks, I too would like to know what other "tracking featured even when closed" appss are so I can delete them as well.
    08-07-14 07:42 AM
113,256 ... 27802781278227832784 ...