• No

427 37.82%
    Sorry, which one was that?

Posted via CB10
    This one:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2383...0&v=1407239100

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-06-14 07:53 AM
    Could this Government approval be the good news which Morgan was referring to in order to set BBRY on a rally? I think so.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 07:54 AM
    Thanks. Just had to show the Press Release.

BlackBerry Further Expands Unparalleled Security Credentials with New Government Approval for Multi-Platform Management

Secure Work Space for iOS and Android receives Security Technical Implementation Guide approval for the U.S. Department of Defense

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug. 6, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that Secure Work Space for iOS� and Android™, a multi-platform containerization solution managed through BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 (BES10), has received Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) approval from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).

In addition to BlackBerry� 10 smartphones, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) customers can now use iOS and Android smartphones and tablets connected to the BES10 Enterprise Mobility Management solution. The STIG approval provides additional confidence for government agencies considering a more open mobile environment with a selection of devices and operating systems.

"Organizations in the private and public sector should proactively secure sensitive data by ensuring that mobility solutions offer the highest level of security," said Stacy Crook, mobility analyst at IDC. "The STIG certification serves as an indication that BlackBerry Secure Work Space for iOS and Android is well positioned to meet the strict security requirements that many enterprise and government agencies require."

"BlackBerry is the only Enterprise Mobility Management provider that can secure a multi-platform environment based on varying levels of risk and compliance, from meeting the strictest requirements with BlackBerry 10 to providing the most flexibility with support for third-party devices," said John Sims, President of Global Enterprise Services, BlackBerry. "The STIG approval for Secure Work Space for iOS and Android is another validation that enterprises and government agencies can rely on BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 for secure mobility, no matter which devices they have in the field."

The approval solidifies BlackBerry's security capabilities for the transfer of sensitive data on third-party devices. With Secure Work Space, BES10 protocols for data-at-rest and data-in-transit are extended to iOS and Android devices, including smartphones and tablets. This means sensitive data remains protected and secure while being transmitted through vulnerable channels.

As a chosen mobile solutions provider for all of the G7 governments, BlackBerry continues to be a trusted partner to governments across the globe. To date, BlackBerry has received more than 50 government certifications and the BlackBerry 10 platform remains the only mobility solution to receive the coveted Full Operational Capability (FOC) certification to run on DoD networks.

For more information about security and the BlackBerry platform visit Mobile Security - Explore Mobile Device Security - BlackBerry - US.
    08-06-14 08:00 AM
    More OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Nearly 600 U.S. businesses compromised by 'Backoff' POS malware - SC Magazine

US-CERT identified the threat in collaboration with Trustwave, as well as the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC), United States Secret Service (USSS), and Financial Sector Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC). Some of those systems include Microsoft Remote Desktop, Apple Remote Desktop, Chrome Remote Desktop, Splashtop, Pulseway, and LogMeIn's join.me, according to the advisory. The attackers used publicly available tools to identify businesses using remote desktop software. Citing unnamed sources with knowledge of the investigations, The New York Times reported on Thursday that Target, P.F. Chang's, Neiman Marcus, Michaels, Sally Beauty Supply, and Goodwill Industries International were also victims of these attacks.
    08-06-14 08:01 AM
    Anyone looking forward to some BBM on Passport goodness?

I say, 5 weeks to go...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-buu6vd1icaahmhg.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-buvqytqiyaafuik.png

Props to DHabkirk!
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    08-06-14 08:14 AM
    BlackBerry wins top clearance to secure rival Android, iOS devices - The Globe and Mail

From the G&M/Reuters (with the usual jab in the last paragraph).

BlackBerry Ltd. said on Wednesday its Android and iOS device-management service has won key security clearance from the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).

The company said the DISA clearance will allow its customers in various U.S. Department of Defense agencies to begin to use its BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10 system to manage and secure devices powered by Google Inc’s Android operating system and Apple Inc’s iOS software.

BlackBerry launched the service to manage rival devices on its BES system a year ago, as part of a move that would help the company sell high-margin services to its large clients even if many, or all, their workers use smartphones made by its competitors.

The new feature, dubbed Secure Work Space, is managed through BES 10, a new back-end system launched at the start of 2013 that allows BlackBerry’s clients to control mobile devices on their internal networks.

The decision to service non-BlackBerry devices came as the company’s devices had waned in popularity with consumers.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    08-06-14 08:20 AM
    Passport looking very good, some good news for BlackBerry on the security front too.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry wins top clearance to secure rival Android, iOS devices - The Globe and Mail

The sad new is if this new was about any other companies the stock would be up and bbry would be tanking
    08-06-14 08:40 AM
    The sad new is if this new was about any other companies the stock would be up and bbry would be tanking
    I concur! Not just that, but this news on top of yesterdays announcement that BlackBerry has completed its job cuts, restructuring and CORE program and the SP only moves about 250 basis points. This s**t is bananas! I'm sorry but I'm just venting here. We all know the long term performance of this stock will speak for itself, but its taking a bit longer than many of us were hoping for. I guess it will make the run up at the end of the year that much more dramatic.
    08-06-14 10:44 AM
    Could this Government approval be the good news which Morgan was referring to in order to set BBRY on a rally? I think so.

Posted via CB10
    Hard to believe that all of this good news has failed to interest funds. It is a sure bet that BBRY will be going much higher in the months ahead. I don't even see the competition in security, there is no one out there to take it to them. And so we wait ....................thanks.
    08-06-14 10:51 AM
    Morgan what price target would you put it at by years end? i'm not sure if that head and shoulder scenario may still be in play?

Hard to believe that all of this good news has failed to interest funds. It is a sure bet that BBRY will be going much higher in the months ahead. I don't even see the competition in security, there is no one out there to take it to them. And so we wait ....................thanks.
    sidhuk and JLagoon like this.
    08-06-14 10:56 AM
    OT:
    An interesting point of view...
    BBC News - How mobile phones became fashion items

I doubt this is on JC's agenda but...

How could one make BlackBerry fashionable again?

How could "Security" become fashionable or cool?
    Design. Design. Design.

We could also do with something between the Porsche Design phones and the regular ones eventually.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 11:20 AM
    FWIW.
    When Ford dumped Blackberry for Iphones a few days ago, it made in the local radio news in Canada! This DISA win...maybe ?...still waiting.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 08-06-14 at 11:45 AM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    08-06-14 11:26 AM
    FWIW.
    When Ford dump Blackberry for Iphones a few days ago, it made in the local radio news in Canada! This DISA win...maybe ?...still waiting.
    i know how you feel however, if blackberry has stronger base built and is proven over at least 2 or 3 quarters, the up tick will be much stronger and real. i still suspect the 90+million shorts are very organized with deep pockets. I am hoping that blackberry comes up with some sort of reverse split or some thing else to kick out the shorts. or have a "leak" that the management is considering a split.
    08-06-14 11:38 AM
    FWIW.
    When Ford dump Blackberry for Iphones a few days ago, it made in the local radio news in Canada! This DISA win...maybe ?...still waiting.
    CBC Kitchener-Waterloo just woke up with the Reuters piece...
    BlackBerry wins key security clearance from U.S. military - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News
    08-06-14 11:41 AM
    Morgan what price target would you put it at by years end? i'm not sure if that head and shoulder scenario may still be in play?
    slipstream89!!

That's a dangerous question! I firmly believe that we are trading inside horz. channels right now, we are seeing the end of the bottoming out process for BBRY at the low $ 9.00's and we'll move quickly to the top of the current channel that we are in, say $ 10.80/shr. From there, we need to get into September before the real rally can commence. I see BBRY trading up to the top of the next channel which is $ 13.50/shr and then pausing until the last couple of weeks in December when I see a rally that goes onto some solid heights. Remember that the 52 week high for BBRY is only in the mid- $ 11.50 area, easy to beat. The market tends to discount future news 6 months out, and at that time, we are likely to see solid evidence that BB is cash-flow positive and nearing a profit on a sustainable basis. There are some chances here for very positive news, i.e. the uptake of the Z3 or the Passport or the next great thing followed by security news and partnerships etc., so the rally could hit sooner. The biggest short-term negative right now is the fact that we are in the Summer trading period when many traders are on their boats and those 125 million shares that become active above $ 10.00. What if Prem sells the rest of his stock in favour of his bonds? So I still see big things happening for the Fall!
    08-06-14 11:53 AM

Why is there no news about any progress (sales) with the US military or DOD? Is the DOD still hellbent on increasing the use of anyone but BlackBerry? Are they still suffering buyer's remorse from buying so many BBOS phones that it precludes them from buying new BB10 phones?

NPR just did a story this morning about Boeing's new secure phone. BlackBerry seems to be getting these certifications but others are getting the business. It's almost as if the DOD doesn't care about their own certifications or STIGs or security requirements.

Anyway, hope there's a major pro - BlackBerry announcement coming out soon on the US DOD front.

Okay, I'm ending my rant.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    08-06-14 12:18 PM
    Published at 11:25 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile-Security Software Gets U.S. Defense Department Approval - WSJ
    Customers Permitted to Use Software to Manage BlackBerry, Apple and Android Devices

TORONTO— BlackBerry Ltd. said Wednesday the U.S. Department of Defense will now allow its customers to use the smartphone maker's mobile-security software to manage Apple Inc. and Android-powered devices on the agency's network.

The approval bolsters BlackBerry's ongoing efforts to turn around its fortunes, in part by positioning itself as a market leader in offering mobile security technology for governments and big business.

Last week, BlackBerry agreed to acquire Germany's Secusmart GmbH to augment its mobile security offerings for enterprise customers, and on Friday Chief Executive John Chen told employees that company layoffs are finished and the focus has turned to boosting sales from the launch of new devices and software.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based company said Wednesday that U.S. Defense department customers using BlackBerrys, as well as smartphones and tablets running on Apple's iOS and Google Inc.'s Android operating systems, that are connected to BlackBerry's Enterprise Service 10 technology can now send sensitive information to each other.

"The (Security Technical Implementation Guide) approval provides additional confidence for government agencies considering a more open mobile environment with a selection of devices and operating systems," BlackBerry said.

Governments and businesses use so-called mobile-device-management software to handle security and software for smartphones that enterprise customers issue or oversee for their employees. BlackBerry's competitors in this field include International Business Machines Corp., Citrix Systems Inc., MobileIron Inc., and VMware Inc.-owned Airwatch.

BlackBerry is betting on the launch near the end of this year of its next generation mobile-management software, known as BES12, to gain an edge over the competition. In June, Mr. Chen said six customers in Europe and North America were testing the technology and another six would start testing it in July. He said feedback to that point had been positive.

The Defense department's approval Wednesday for BES10 doesn't apply to BES12, a BlackBerry spokeswoman said. Each iteration of the technology is subject to an approval process, which is ongoing for BES 12, the spokeswoman said.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    08-06-14 12:38 PM
    Published at 11:25 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile-Security Software Gets U.S. Defense Department Approval - WSJ
    Customers Permitted to Use Software to Manage BlackBerry, Apple and Android Devices
    Sorry can't seem to copy/paste the last paragraph using CB10...but the last paragraph is key. My understanding is that the FIPS certification and STIGs apply to the specific combination of hardware and software. Therefore iOS is limited to v6 and the iPhone 4(?). It?ll be misleading for the press or Apple to mention authorization to operate on DOD networks for more recent products and OS versions. Same applies to Samsung/Google for Android.

I could be wrong though.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-06-14 01:32 PM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/closer...182953105.html

The more this gets out the more we will see up tick.
    08-06-14 01:51 PM
    About 150K bought shares gave us a nice 1% boost. Ill take what we can get lol.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-06-14 01:53 PM
    08-06-14 01:59 PM
    That's a good one, sidhuk, but I had to laugh at this site's banner... "Celebrating Apple's Spirit of Invention".

Oxygen, please!
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-06-14 at 02:34 PM.
    08-06-14 02:19 PM
    08-06-14 02:30 PM
    Just noticed at Gurufocus that Irving Kahn now owns more of BBRY. About 0.43%.
    08-06-14 02:40 PM
113,256 ... 27792780278127822783 ...