View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    CODDs
    Corbu, Shanerredflag, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    08-04-14 03:37 PM
    _dimi_, if you feed them . . . . they will hang around like a bad smell.
    08-04-14 03:39 PM
    Lol:

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, georg4BB, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    08-04-14 03:42 PM
    BlackBerry Z3 Expected To Sell 1 Million Units Across Key Markets - BerryFlow

He believes it will sell "better than a million phones" in its lifetime in 9 countries...

All of this has been said before?
    Thats a downright tepid forecast over a lifetime of a phone. Z3 should sell at least 500k in Indonesia alone to be gauged a success.

Read the posts in the Z3 forums, its hasn't shipped in enough units to be a large part of the phones BB will sell this year.
    08-04-14 06:09 PM
    Thats a downright tepid forecast over a lifetime of a phone. Z3 should sell at least 500k in Indonesia alone to be gauged a success.

Read the posts in the Z3 forums, its hasn't shipped in enough units to be a large part of the phones BB will sell this year.
    I read many of your posts and you are here for one reason only.

Oh, and if the CEO of the company states he will consider it a success if they sell 1 million Z3s in their lifetime in key markets WTF are you to say it has to sell 0.5 million in one market to be a success?
    08-04-14 06:30 PM
    CrackBerry reported initial stock in India was around 25K - 30K when they started reporting shortages and sell outs. That was also pretty close to what one importer site had listed for the Z3 coming in from China. Maybe that is great?
    I believe these 25K were for initial Jakarta special edition.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:46 PM
    SF...it's Monday lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    Whatever, it is holi.. day, lol. I lost the count, it's sooo good (another bonus when you quit the ticking hub, calendar, reminders... I love my muted notifications !!!!)

So have a nice [xxx]dayS !!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:49 PM
    I read many of your posts and you are here for one reason only.

Oh, and if the CEO of the company states he will consider it a success if they sell 1 million Z3s in their lifetime in key markets WTF are you to say it has to sell 0.5 million in one market to be a success?
    Sorry if you want to stay in the dark but inventory is controlled by Foxconn and they are slow rolling Z3 in a major way most likely because they are not committed to Z3's success with the attendant risk as BB. Every country launch has been marked by small initial batches and low availability which makes it impossible for Z3 to be a success thus far.

If you truly believe that Z3 was launched with an expectation to sell only a million in emerging markets during its lifetime when Indonesia by itself is projected by IDC to sell 60+ million phones and 16 million smartphones this year then BB has a very low bar indeed for its handset business. Chen is putting lipstick on the proverbial pig which as his role as CEO he should do until BB fully realizes its recovery but see it for what it is.
    BanffMoose and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-04-14 07:51 PM
    Sorry if you want to stay in the dark but inventory is controlled by Foxconn and they are slow rolling Z3 in a major way most likely because they are not committed to Z3's success with the attendant risk as BB. Every country launch has been marked by small initial batches and low availability which makes it impossible for Z3 to be a success thus far.

If you truly believe that Z3 was launched with an expectation to sell only a million in emerging markets during its lifetime when Indonesia by itself is projected by IDC to sell 60+ million phones and 16 million smartphones this year then BB has a very low bar indeed for its handset business. Chen is putting lipstick on the proverbial pig which as his role as CEO he should do until BB fully realizes its recovery but see it for what it is.
    I'm curious, do you have any links or such that we can see supporting the "slow roll" theory? JC stated the 1MM number and it's been quoted several times in several publications but I've never seen a single article which supports Foxconn purposely restricting sales.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-04-14 08:15 PM
    This new troll must work for Foxconn as he seems to know more than John Chen!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    08-04-14 08:20 PM
    This new troll must work for Foxconn as he seems to know more than John Chen! He has zero facts to back up his statement! The idiots on here cease to amaze me!!

08-04-14 08:22 PM

Just as I would say to anyone posting positive or negative anecdotal opinions, keep it as that. Unless you have production, shipped to market, and sell through data then bear in mind your comments are opinion and nothing more. So far john chen has been pretty tight lipped and not one to over state what is and is not happening. So I feel no qualm trusting his word. Besides if you consider that the z3 may have a product production life of 2 years, a million phones isnt bad for the market share bbry has. But as none of us know any of this information yet theres no need to speculate.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-04-14 08:55 PM
    This new troll must work for Foxconn as he seems to know more than John Chen!

Another words, this guy is saying that Chen is lying . Lots of negative forces out again. Funny how he has more inside knowledge than Chen.
    I am seeing lots of these kinds attacking JC. Attack Passport. etc etc. Here to enlighten us. Some are here to save me money. Priceless.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    08-04-14 08:58 PM
    Chen is a proven transparent CEO.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 09:07 PM
    ^^

Short term win but as bandwidth gets cheaper there things like music in the app store will be desired.

Did Chen shoot himself in the foot?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but the flip side of that coin is that data requirements are also getting larger for practically the same programs to run, so I doubt that there will be a negative effect any time soon.

(Side thought): Audiophiles are big on the idea of one day that music will not be required to be compressed due to memory and bandwidth getting easier to obtain for cheap.
    08-04-14 09:07 PM
    08-04-14 09:14 PM
    Lol...awesome.

Eazzy Peazzy
    08-04-14 09:26 PM
    08-04-14 09:58 PM
    08-04-14 10:22 PM
    08-05-14 12:31 AM
    Great news! I see this as a catalyst to drive the SP up above $10 again (very soon). Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 06:01 AM
    Great news! I see this as a catalyst to drive the SP up above $10 again (very soon). Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Then quickly drop down below 10? , if history has anything to say. As much as it pains me to say this something has been going on at the 10 dollar mark. Not entirely sure what it is but i know i dont like it lol

and no i dont own a tinfoil hat lol
    08-05-14 07:30 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tin-foil-hat-3.jpeg

It's all a conspiracy, for sure.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    08-05-14 07:47 AM
    Not new but putting the BlackBerry name out there :
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ange-in-c.aspx

Eazzy Peazzy
    rarsen, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    08-05-14 08:13 AM
    Does this mean someone has just purchased 42k shares?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140805_150543.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:06 AM
113,256 ... 27762777277827792780 ...