View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think Komoto's and other's posts are rants.
    Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. Can we close the subject, please?

Keep Calm and Carry On!

Did you see Sidhuk's post of the new Morgan?
    Just ****in' Awesome!

BB10 4 ME
    08-01-14 10:24 AM
    Double post.
    08-01-14 10:29 AM
    What kind of "unsecured" device was Merkel using before she went over to her special Blackberry?
    08-01-14 10:35 AM
    What kind of "unsecured" device was Merkel using before she went over to her special Blackberry?
    I believe it was a Nokia of some flavour or another.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 10:39 AM
    OT - security related.

I like where they say "nothing is 100% secure".
    Kind of detracts from the whole headline though...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/holliesl..._medium=social

BB10 4 ME
    08-01-14 10:40 AM
    I believe it was a Nokia of some flavour or another.

Posted via CB10
    That explains alot.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-01-14 10:42 AM
    His idea of balance is one ball sticking out while the other in place...will not attach a picture as I may get into much trouble. Have a good weekend folks.
    Lol. Fridays are exceptions if the pictures are posted for scientific research purposes only.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    08-01-14 10:44 AM
    Since it is slow here today after a cat fight.
    Morgan Aero super sports.
    ENGINE: 4.8-liter V8
    POWER: 367bhp
    ACCELERATION: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.5 s
    TOP SPEED: over 170 mph (274 Km/h)
    PRICE: �127,000 (est)

Attachment 288303

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Re: Morgan

Would you want to go 170 mph in that? Those are amazing specs, it has proven to be a great race car in Europe too. Nice to see my fav car pics. Thanks for posting!!!

Re: The Market

The market in general is not looking good, we have the S&P below it's 50-dma and many stocks are just below their 50-dma so we need to bottom out here soon otherwise we could be in for that 10% market correction.
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    08-01-14 11:39 AM
    UPDATE 1-Fairfax Financial, CEO probed over possible insider trading | Reuters
    "We are fully cooperating with the authorities and we are required strict confidentiality during the investigation," he said. " ... I can say there is no personal trading involved and we are confident that we did nothing wrong."
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    08-01-14 11:51 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140801_130759_edit.png
    One little sliver of green...

BB10 4 ME
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-01-14 12:09 PM
    I call a green finish

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 12:23 PM
    08-01-14 12:42 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/08/...=Brand/Company content&linkId=9115117

BB10 4 ME
    zyben likes this.
    08-01-14 12:54 PM
    08-01-14 12:56 PM
    Purely anecdotal, but I am working while on the way to my cottage and while doing a web conference call, that I was hot spotting from my work GS4 to my laptop, my call dropped twice over the hour long call. Never had that happen with my BlackBerry. Not once. I really dislike the phone more and more as I use it.

Edit- ok... so I'm further north now and figure I'd turn off LTE to save battery but the thing can't just do it. it says "unable to change networks while data service in use. Stop using current data service and select another available network". Seriously? Gah....

Okay.... back to your regularly scheduled program.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, jxnb, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    08-01-14 01:03 PM
    UPDATE 1-Fairfax Financial, CEO probed over possible insider trading | Reuters
    "We are fully cooperating with the authorities and we are required strict confidentiality during the investigation," he said. " ... I can say there is no personal trading involved and we are confident that we did nothing wrong."
    If only the SEC could learn from the Canadian authorities.. and we would have a free market again
    08-01-14 01:18 PM
    OT - security related

Forbes is really pushing the privacy agenda today. Hope they can keep the pressure on next week!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrymag..._medium=social

BB10 4 ME
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    08-01-14 01:31 PM
    How BlackBerry Ltd is using its security credentials to grow its global footprint | Financial Post

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb.jpg

NEW YORK — After several years of floundering about in the market, and paying the price in sales and share value, BlackBerry Ltd. is returning to its enterprise roots.

CEO John Chen made that abundantly clear in New York on July 28 at BlackBerry’s Security Summit (to which I was among those flown in), saying that the company’s focus will be on regulated industries: government, healthcare, financial services, and energy.

Despite analyst pronouncements of doom, Mr. Chen said that while the company faces challenges in North America, globally the picture is very different. Europe, South America, and the Middle East are all strong markets, and he said that the company is doing well there.

“We are investing in a global footprint,” he said. “Interest is picking up. Identity, security, voice, data, anti-breach, are all important, and [customers] like [BlackBerry's approach].”

Part of that approach is an investment in securing the popular BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) instant messaging service for the enterprise. With the flip of a virtual switch on a company’s BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), all BBM communications within the company, and with its outside partners, can be encrypted with FIPS-2 approved cryptographic libraries and symmetric encryption keys. BBM Protected is the first component of an upcoming eBBM suite of products and services, and is expected to launch this summer. BBM is now available on all major mobile platforms, with the release of the BBM for Windows Phone 8 public beta.

The announcement of the pending acquisition of Dusseldorf-based Secusmart (currently awaiting regulatory approval) further strengthens BlackBerry’s security footprint. Secusmart’s voice encrypted BlackBerry made headlines in 2012 when it was adopted by German chancellor Angela Merkel, and SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 is now being rolled out at NATO headquarters. CEO Dr. Hans-Christoph Quelle told Summit attendees that, with 346 trillion possible encryption keys, it would take an estimated 149 billion years to crack.

“It combines smartphone convenience with high security,” he said. “Today our goal is to get this secure device in the hands of every president or chancellor. Our second goal is to secure enterprise voice.”

“If there were any lingering doubts that BlackBerry’s future revolves around security, its acquisition of Secusmart should lay them to rest,” said independent analyst Carmi Levy. “The deal reinforces BlackBerry’s belief that security is top-of-mind to virtually all corporate and IT decision-makers, and that thinking will only become more pervasive as the threats to an increasingly mobile, technologically-diverse workforce continue to multiply.”

BlackBerry aims to extend its reach to more endpoints in the enterprise as well. John Sims, BlackBerry’s president of global enterprise services, noted that the next version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BES 12, will manage all BlackBerry mobile devices, plus iOS and Android, combining the capabilities of BES 5 and BES 10, and will add support for Windows Phone 8. This will give it the ability to manage virtually any mobile phone in an organization on a single platform, a requirement in a BYOD environment where the company can’t dictate which device employees use.

Through its QNX arm, BlackBerry is also preparing to secure and manage the Internet of Things, Mr. Chen said. QNX is already embedded in cars – some 250 models – but he plans to push it into homes and factories, running everything from industrial robots to home healthcare devices, where, he pointed out, “it’s all about security”.

Added Mr. Levy, “Thanks to mobility, the burgeoning Internet of Things space and the emergence of ever more sophisticated forms of online attack, companies almost don’t know what questions to ask when considering their security needs. Deals like the one announced this week position BlackBerry to be top-of-mind when customers are looking for answers.”
    08-01-14 01:53 PM
    08-01-14 01:57 PM
    08-01-14 02:08 PM
    The Perv Look.
    Nah, he's just happy that they finally fixed his hair part.

Sneaking in and out of the thread guys. Have to spend time working, and family....
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-14 02:27 PM
    And since SF is on the road, here's the Nasdac snapshot at 3:30.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140801_152550_edit.png

BB10 4 ME
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    08-01-14 02:27 PM
    thurask, as an Ambassador.... you should know better!
    08-01-14 02:28 PM
    Whenever you see things like this, you always have to bear in mind that this is happening for a reason. It has nothing to do with insider trading.

These government institutions and regulatory bodies are used to put pressure on people.

Prem must have rustled someone's feathers and now he is having to deal with the consequences.

I wonder who and what was the incident...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-01-14 02:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140801_130759_edit.png 
Views:	1577 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	288324
    One little sliver of green...

BB10 4 ME
    What's the difference between PTK.V and POETF?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    08-01-14 02:52 PM
113,256 ... 27722773277427752776 ...