View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm hanging around, haven't posted because I underwent some surgery and I'm still in recovery.
    Great to hear from you, Morgan. Wish you the best recovery, and health.
    Corbu, bungaboy, georg4BB and 5 others like this.
    07-31-14 12:27 PM
    I guess from tech analysis perspective we should be heading to 8.50s to fill the gap unless good bullish news come out. The bullish news this week did not recover the stock so my guess is that we will fill the gap next week.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-14 12:27 PM
    what a day? took a full dollar drop to make the bulls go quiet on this thread and bears to come out and contribute. after all this is a "i support blackberry and i "buy" shares" thread. what happened today was priceless.
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-31-14 12:28 PM
    I'm hanging around, haven't posted because I underwent some surgery and I'm still in recovery. The halt on HALO is due to a meeting with ADCOM and the FDA on the use of Hylenex in America. They are asking Baxter Int. questions about the drug and they will vote at noon on whether to recommend the drug be approved by the FDA. The news will be material to the price of the stock so they halted it. We are waiting for their decision and have no access to the question period with Baxter and HALO staff.

As for BBRY, I like the deal they made with Securesmart?? excellent for the long term but it was a cash burden on the company and likely a cash draw for a couple of years until they can make some EPS on it. This is why the stock didn't move, kind of like QNX, an excellent deal but there was no financial driver for that company when it was purchased either.
    Seems like there's at least some good news on the HALO front to offset this BB bleed today... At least they won't be deprived of their potential Royalties.

FDA panel: Benefit of Baxter's immune therapy outweighs risk
    7 minutes ago by Thomson Reuters
    July 31 (Reuters) - The benefits associated with Baxter International Inc's experimental treatment for certain diseases of the immune system outweigh the risks, an advisory committee to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration concluded on Thursday, paving the way for approval of the therapy.

The panel voted 15-1 that the available data show a favorable benefit to risk ratio for treatment, HyQvia, which is designed to treat primary immunodeficiency diseases.

These are genetic disorders in which certain cells of the immune system are missing, leading to a infections, recurrent pneumonia and abscesses of the organs.

The FDA is not obliged to follow the advice of its advisory panels but typically does so. (Reporting by Toni Clarke in Washington; Editing by Bill Trott)
    sidhuk, bergeron37, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    07-31-14 12:32 PM
    It blows my mind how Wall Street hates this stock and wants to see the company go down in flames. How many times do we see bad news floated out like gospel and good news somehow overlooked in the media? Maddening really...I guess they've made their money, now they want to make it again...unreal.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Corbu, La Emperor and 7 others like this.
    07-31-14 12:41 PM
    How many times do we see bad news floated out like gospel and good news somehow overlooked in the media? Maddening really....unreal.
    I know. It's almost as if there's actually something to this trumped-up bad news and the good news is somehow overemphasized on this thread. Crazy!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-31-14 12:50 PM
    So it's carrier specific. Can't really blame that on the phone or manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-31-14 12:53 PM
    I know. It's almost as if there's actually something to this trumped-up bad news and the good news is somehow overemphasized on this thread. Crazy!
    agree, specially when crawlers only appear when sp is down, to rub. otherwise they have nothing else to share or contribute.
    Corbu, ibpluto, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-31-14 01:06 PM
    Morgan, Hope you feel better soon! and hope this surgery is the last one!!
    OT Alert!!

Hi Soumaila Somtore and everyone on this thread !!

Rather than take up the thread, I'll say thank you to everyone that have been following my progress and supporting me. I do appreciate the positive comments as this recovery is a difficult one. I have three major issues been dealt with now and the first one, that of a total loss of balance has been 80% cured as of this surgery. I can think about buying another motorcycle now, having sold the Husky, so that is truly remarkable. I can go back to golfing again and driving my boat .... the list goes on forever it seems. I didn't think I would be this lucky at this stage but things are slowly getting better. The next surgery is the critical one and I'll report back when we approach that date.

HALO did get some resounding good news today, the vote went 15-1 to let HALO and BAXTER go ahead with the FDA challenge for their drug. Finally something good for biotech!

The BlackBerry nonsense today; about the proposed Windows phone and other IBM/APPLE issues is a joke, the stock will bounce back from this nonsense soon. Microsoft is the most famous company to have never produced anything that consumers like. Their phone will be no different. Most of us have lost a couple of years of our lives thanks to all of the stress Microsoft products have put us through.

Thanks again for all of your support!!!
    07-31-14 01:08 PM
    Time to buy more?

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    07-31-14 01:23 PM
    agree, specially when crawlers only appear when sp is down, to rub. otherwise they have nothing else to share or contribute.
    CODD!!! Crawlers on Down Days?
    Mr BBRY and zyben like this.
    07-31-14 01:30 PM
    OT but glad BB has ties with a person of this caliber:
    World's Richest Doctor Buys World's Most Powerful DNA Sequencer - Forbes
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-31-14 at 01:58 PM.
    07-31-14 01:42 PM
    Maybe subscribe to alerts and you will know in seconds when there is a drop like this.
    I do I just didnt have my phone on me because of work lol. Doesn't help buying shares if I get fired for having my phone in a restricted area haha
    07-31-14 02:07 PM
    Great to hear from you Morgan!!!

Let's say BlackBerry is well on their way (another 5-6 quarters' time) towards being a profitable company again, but rather than having factual news trigger the share price.. The price action is triggering all kinds of media to generate buzz, which again raises questions whether BlackBerry is "a thing of the past" or not.. which could influence the decision-making by enterprises, governments etc. to opt for a BlackBerry product or not.

Back in November the above was probably a big incentive for BlackBerry to go private. Today's situation however is different, as there's no immediate danger. However, seeing how JC is often one step ahead... can we expect BlackBerry to leave to Nasdaq for a different, less crowded, market? What would be the benefits? Are there any negatives you could think of?
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    07-31-14 02:08 PM
    This article made me chuckle..... You have to wonder how some people stay employed.

http://www.workintelligent.ly/techno...ntent=cnnmoney

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-14 02:13 PM
    I do I just didnt have my phone on me because of work lol. Doesn't help buying shares if I get fired for having my phone in a restricted area haha
    Yes, phone in restricted area is not good. I had my phone removed from myself by the DoD about two weeks ago. I was doing a bid when we were told that we had to leave our phones. I told him I could not do that and his look made me hand it right on over to him!
    helopilot06 likes this.
    07-31-14 02:15 PM
    Part of the problem is the bad news is ignored and not posted on an equal basis with all the good news. It is not welcome here.

There is good and bad news about Blackberry but it seems the good news is more welcome and celebrated while if you post bad news, you are a troll.

and YES, I know that this is a Blackberry Forum.
    techvisor and CDM76 like this.
    07-31-14 02:20 PM
    Part of the problem is the bad news is ignored and not posted on an equal basis with all the good news. It is not welcome here.

There is good and bad news about Blackberry but it seems the good news is more welcome and celebrated while if you post bad news, you are a troll.

and YES, I know that this is a Blackberry Forum.
    Maybe you should start a new thread? "I don't support BBRY. I short shares" OR "I don't support BBRY I'm just a day trader"

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 02:26 PM
    Like I said many months ago, daily trade discussion for us longs is pointless.
    07-31-14 02:26 PM
    Maybe you should start a new thread? "I don't support BBRY. I short shares" OR "I don't support BBRY I'm just a day trader"

Posted via CB10
    See, you are proving my point along with all the "clappers" below your post.

I get the feeling you do not like me, please tell me it is not so.
    07-31-14 02:39 PM
    SF. 2 days later and still nothing on Secusmart. Wonder why NASDAQ? LoL

Attachment 287992
    Yup, I'm piscsed .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140731_214404.png

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 02:45 PM
    I am shocked this has not been posted yet! This is positive news for Blackberry! See I take both sides!

Was Apple Spooked By The BlackBerry Passport? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    helopilot06, Superfly_FR and CDM76 like this.
    07-31-14 02:59 PM
    I am shocked this has not been posted yet! This is positive news for Blackberry! See I take both sides!

Was Apple Spooked By The BlackBerry Passport? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    SA is a joke. Even Yahoo got wise to SA. Both good and bad articles are garbage. The national enquirer has more facts lol. People still read SA?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-14 03:16 PM
    07-31-14 03:28 PM
    Yup, I'm piscsed .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140731_214404.png 
Views:	509 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	288134

Posted via CB10
    Hammer 'em SF!