View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    When do you think BBRY should start offering (or if they even should) dividends? I think that's something investors keep in mind when they are deciding what stock to buy when they have an array of stocks around the same price point. Thoughts?
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-30-14 02:51 PM
    Is the Ford decision just a way for the company to monitor the employees? If apple has the keys to every iPhone, even when locked, can Ford go snooping on employees phones as a way to "police" their workforce?

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-30-14 02:52 PM
    Is the Ford decision just a way for the company to monitor the employees? If apple has the keys to every iPhone, even when locked, can Ford go snooping on employees phones as a way to "police" their workforce?

BB10 4 ME
    Knowing how Ford operates they probably just went with the cheapest offer. So Im assuming that Apple just made them a damn good offer on some older iphones
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-30-14 02:54 PM
    Knowing how Ford operates they probably just went with the cheapest offer. So Im assuming that Apple just made them a damn good offer on some older iphones
    Maybe. Sometimes the cheapest deal ends up costing you the most.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, bungaboy and erbby like this.
    07-30-14 03:07 PM
    Re the veto on Secusmart. I think Germany would be much happier BlackBerry buying them than let's say Google, Samsung, Apple or MS...imagine the scandal with that in Europe.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    From the WSJ article:

Germany could theoretically ban the sale of Duesseldorf-based Secusmart under its Foreign Trade Regulations, but the government hasn't used these regulations to veto corporate acquisitions in the past.
    Corbu, sidhuk, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    07-30-14 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry is moving from defense to offense, says Cormark analyst Tse

BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB) turnaround has been an uphill battle, but the company is now staring down a “sizeable revenue opportunity” if it is able to execute on a shift towards enterprise customers, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.

One of Tse’s main takeaways from the day? “John Chen is impressive”. While it has been hard to assess Chen’s approach to the turnaround, says Tse, “there’s little doubt” that BlackBerry’s leadership is extremely capable.
    BlackBerry is moving from defense to offense, says Cormark analyst Tse - Cantech Letter
    07-30-14 03:22 PM
    07-30-14 03:37 PM
    BlackBerry?s COO Marty Beard aims to prove skeptics wrong, starting with glitch-free launches | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd.’s chief operating officer has only been on the job for one week but that’s not stopping him from setting an early priority: make sure the upcoming launches of new devices and an updated enterprise platform go more smoothly than the fumbled product debuts under the company’s previous regimes.

Marty Beard says his first mission is to make sure that all the different teams at the Waterloo, Ont.-based smartphone maker are on the same page as it prepares to launch the Passport and Classic devices and BES 12 by the end of this year.

“Not to say that there’s not discipline, but… let’s make sure the connection between all those groups is as efficient as possible,” said Mr. Beard on the sidelines of the BlackBerry Security Summit in New York on Tuesday.

“That’s a big goal, a big focus for [CEO] John [Chen]. I think he sees a lot of upside opportunity for us, if we get that absolutely right, we can be even more bold.”

It’s a wise strategy, given the flak the previous administration of BlackBerry got for delays in launching the Z10 device.

Before joining BlackBerry, Mr. Beard was chairman and CEO of LiveOps, a provider of cloud applications for customer services. Before joining LiveOps, he worked at Sybase Inc., the software company where Mr. Chen earned his reputation as a turnaround CEO by bringing it back to profitability.

Mr. Beard worked with Mr. Chen for a decade, and served as president of Sybase 365, a mobile messaging and mobile commerce services unit of the software company.

He kept in touch with Mr. Chen and congratulated him when he took the helm of BlackBerry last November, Mr. Beard said.

The timing of the opportunity at BlackBerry was fortuitous, coming right when Mr. Beard felt like he had accomplished what he had set out to do at LiveOps, he said.

As COO, Mr. Beard is responsible for marketing, BlackBerry 10 app development and customer care and quality. Mr. Beard says he will remain based in the San Francisco Bay Area.

While BlackBerry is still not at operational profitability, Mr. Beard said he had no qualms about making the jump to the struggling handset maker and has “extremely high confidence” in the company.

“I love when people think something is done, or you’ve lost ‘ABC’. I’m very competitive, and I love that challenge, because 9 out of 10 times it’s wrong. I think we’re going to prove a lot of people wrong,” he said.
    07-30-14 03:40 PM
    When do you think BBRY should start offering (or if they even should) dividends? I think that's something investors keep in mind when they are deciding what stock to buy when they have an array of stocks around the same price point. Thoughts?
    07-30-14 03:45 PM
    Thanks Corbu!
    I just woke up and skimmed through the article for MOBL but am I still seeing that the company still expects losses too?

The company is providing the following outlook for its fiscal third quarter 2014 (ending September 30, 2014):

Total non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $30.0 million and $32.0 million and GAAP revenue is expected to be between $31.2 million and $33.2 million.
    Non-GAAP operating expenses are expected to be between $39.0 million and $40.0 million.

Read more: MobileIron Announces Fiscal Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results - NASDAQ.com
    07-30-14 03:58 PM
    I am confused too.
    Then I read this with the same numbers.
    http://thetechieguy.com/2014/07/29/b...ion-bes-users/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Easy. This Techie guy just included all the terrorist groups and drug networks that use BES to hide. (LoL!?)
    sidhuk, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    07-30-14 04:06 PM
    I know it has been posted here before. Just imagine if this was won by apple or google? this would have been "the news" and blackberry stock price would have gone to $5. LoL

QNX Auto Blog: QNX-powered 2015 Audi TT named best-connected car

QNX-powered 2015 Audi TT named best-connected car

Is it innovative, beautiful, versatile, or just plain cool? I haven’t quite decided, so I’m thinking it’s all of the above. The QNX-based virtual cockpit in the 2015 Audi TT is a ravishing piece of automotive technology, and it brings driver convenience to a new level by integrating everything from speed and navigation to music and handsfree calling — all in a single, user-configurable display.

It seems I’m not the only one who's impressed. Because last week, 42,500 readers of “auto motor und sport” and “CHIP” chose the Audi TT as the industry's best-connected car. In fact, Audi took top honors in several categories, including navigation, telephone integration, sound system, entertainment/multimedia, and connected car.

To get an idea of what all the fuss is about, check out our video of the Audi TT’s virtual cockpit in action. We filmed this at CES earlier this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Wlm6lD23d0g

Volkswagen Group Audi wins connectivity award
    07-30-14 04:21 PM
    07-30-14 04:25 PM
    BlackBerry buying Secursmart also signals three proof points if nothing else, that we should all keep in mind as we bear witness to whether BlackBerry can complete its intended transformation:

1. BlackBerry continues to follow through on its promise to raise the stakes against all who vie for a share of the mobile security market by building or buying the necessary assets the company believes it must have to grow share.

2. Blackberry buying Secursmart is a second indicator of how un-magical Gartner�s ranking system is by failing to gauge ( or perhaps even consider) whether a company has both the management quality and capital structure to execute against an effective vision.

3. That BlackBerry intends to reassume its place on the mantel where CIO�s shop for scalable and layered, strong security and identity management platform with confidence, and without getting fired.
    Is BlackBerry Smart? - Forbes
    07-30-14 05:14 PM
    Android apps from Google Playstore? If true then this is huge...

"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) launched an app called ‘Guardian’ at the BlackBerry Security Summit 2014, yesterday, that will scan apps on Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL)’s Play Store for malwares before downloading them to BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)’s devices. "

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Launches ?Guardian? to Scan Android Apps | Tech Insider
    lech31, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-30-14 05:15 PM
    Android apps from Google Playstore? If true then this is huge...

"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) launched an app called ‘Guardian’ at the BlackBerry Security Summit 2014, yesterday, that will scan apps on Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL)’s Play Store for malwares before downloading them to BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)’s devices. "

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Launches ?Guardian? to Scan Android Apps | Tech Insider
    Could the writer simply be mistaken and have mixed up Amazon with G Play Store?
    How BlackBerry And Trend Micro Protect You From Malicious Apps | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    rarsen, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    07-30-14 05:33 PM
    07-30-14 05:34 PM
    07-30-14 05:36 PM
    How BlackBerry And Trend Micro Protect You From Malicious Apps | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    Quite Possibly. But you never know nowadays...
    Last edited by La Emperor; 07-30-14 at 11:50 PM.
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    07-30-14 05:37 PM
    probably didn't even care enough to check their facts. Typical of many "journalists" these days.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-30-14 06:49 PM
    I agree with you, I have that this sentence from BBRY "This includes apps from the Amazon Appstore and apps installed from other sources." the from other sources could secretly mean google app store

Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-30-14 07:05 PM
    I agree with you, I have that this sentence from BBRY "This includes apps from the Amazon Appstore and apps installed from other sources." the from other sources could secretly mean google app store
    I honestly think that the "from other sources" just covers the case that you can simply load any apk from any source just by having the apk on your device and selecting it to bring up the BlackBerry apk installer.

Although if they did announce Google play support that would be great for the people wanting more apps. Wouldn't mean squat for me because if I wanted android virus apps I would've just bought an android phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:56 PM
    Passport high res pics (click on them)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-passport-keyboard-closeup-1500x1000.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-passport-home-screen-1500x1000.jpg

More here + article
    BlackBerry Passport: Hands on, News, Release Date, and More | Digital Trends

Plus this (FWIW):

From DHabkirkDesigns

"Based on findings in a recent Passport OS, it looks like we may see ONE BlackBerry Passport Model, rather than the traditional variants for regions.

Paratek Radio looks to be paying off - Bands Supported are 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,20,25,38,40,41 (This will only make sense to some)

Z50 will utilize the same general idea with one device supporting global LTE."
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-30-14 at 08:50 PM.
    rarsen, morganplus8, zyben and 9 others like this.
    07-30-14 08:21 PM
    Samsung Electronics Co. reported lower-than-expected profit for the second quarter on Thursday and said it was uncertain if handset business profit would improve during the current period.
    Its net income during the April-June quarter dropped 20 percent to 6.3 trillion won ($6.1 billion), compared with 7.8 trillion won a year earlier.
    Samsung had warned that the second quarter would be the worst in two years as its handset business halted growth. It struggled to compete in the cheap smartphone business, which is the fastest-growing smartphone segment.
    Analysts said Samsung struggled in emerging markets as consumers using Android handsets were more willing to try devices from other brands. Switching between different Android devices has become easier and cheaper than before for consumers, giving less reasons for users to stick with one brand.

"We are hitting a phase where even in emerging markets people are not buying their first smartphones anymore. They are becoming more familiar with different kinds of brands," said Melissa Chau, senior research manager at IDC, a market research firm. "Just staying on Android is not going to keep you in one brand."

That would make it more important for Samsung to develop unique services just for its Galaxy phone users or come up with its own software that does not rely on Google's Android. But Samsung stumbled in its push to take a step away from Google service. Earlier this week, it delayed the release of the first smartphone powered by Tizen, its own mobile operating system, just two months after promising its release. It did not give a future schedule.
    07-30-14 10:14 PM
    Or it could simply mean apps directly installed on the device directly from a company and made available to its employees. Internal apps and such.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-30-14 10:36 PM
113,256 ... 27662767276827692770 ...